Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - High-calorie foods you love

View Full Version : High-calorie foods you love

LLV
06-20-2006, 11:02 PM
What are some foods you love that you still try and work into your daily routine on occasion but wish wish wish they weren't so high in calories?

Tonight I'm going to have to go with peanut butter. Although I don't really eat peanut butter all that much (except I get the occasional craving for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, in which case I spread a VERY thin layer of the P.B. on the bread and a touch of jelly to taste) I have moments, like tonight, where I love munching on celery sticks. However, I can't (or at least I don't want to) eat celery sticks without peanut butter. Almost 200 calories in 2 tablespoons! So I carefully measure out ONE tablespoon of P.B. and stretch it to get through the whole plate of celery sticks, lol.

Amazing how 2 ounces of celery is only 8 calories, but my favorite accompaniment can blow the whole deal! :mad:

adaem
06-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Too many yummy foods for me to mention, but I would have to say any chocholate ice cream with just about anything in it (choc. chips, brownies, etc). What I do is first off try not to have it often. I have really gotten into the low fat ice cream. (after I am without for a while anything tastes good!:p ) When I do have it I put it in the smallest dish I can find (about the size of a tea cup) and eat it slow. I never thought that I could enjoy such a small amount!

andoreth
06-20-2006, 11:38 PM
What I wouldn't give for potato chips to be only a calorie each!!!

They are undeniably, abosultely, positively my favorite "high price" food. Before this sudden onset of health hit me, I used to be able to down a family-sized bag in a day. :Tmmmmmmmm

Glory87
06-21-2006, 02:39 AM
I eat peanut butter every day and I don't really measure it either. I'm sure it's more than 2 tbs a day, I make sure both my pieces of toast are liberally coated. I eat natural peanut butter which is full of good fat (which I struggle to get enough of every day) and some protein. Plus, I just love it. I look forward to breakfast every morning.

I still eat dark chocolate, but it's hard to buy it in portion sizes I feel I can control. I also can't give up red wine, but I limit it to a couple of glasses a week. There is this restaurant that has a molten lava cake dessert (warm, thick cake with an almost pudding-like consistency, when you cut into it, thick liquid chocolate runs out). I share this with friends about once a month. No way I could give this thing up.

High calorie foods I love but just can't really work into my diet - ice cream, muffins (and most baked goods mmm chocolate croissants), brownies, Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies/Mint Milanos, all the way nachos from Qdoba, Bloomin' Onion, cheese fries. I don't like most chips, but I do love Salt & Vinegar Pringles. Needless to say, these are the foods that made me fat and I've just accepted that I have to give them up.

LLV
06-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I like potato chips too, but they're not something I crave or anything. Usually the only time I eat them is at BBQ's or something, I'll grab a small handful and put them on my plate and try and leave it at that. Although I'll occasionally find myself stealing a few more from the chip bowl, one at a time, almost every time I walk by it, lol.

I too stay away from muffins and croissants and cakes and things like that. The calories just aren't worth it to me, I'd rather blow them on something else.

My absolute favorite food in the world that I'll still allow myself on rare occasions is fried chicken. I'm CRAZY about fried chicken. And I don't mean the breasts, I like the legs and the thighs. My other weakness? Egg rolls. From a Chinese restaurant. I found some decent egg rolls at Wal-Mart, though. They're lowfat egg rolls, a nice size (about the size you'd get in a Chinese place) and they're only 100 calories each. I have one every now and then with some asian veggies or homemade lowfat lo mein or some other type of asian dish.

andoreth
06-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I make eggrolls at home- they aren't 100% the same, but they are tasty and without a lot of the calories.

Basically, I follow the usual instructions for the fillings, wrap up the roll, brush them lightly with olive oil, and then bake them in a hot oven until crispy. We even get to eat crab rangoon (another of my favorites) made this way every once in a while. The wraps consistancy is a bit more like a baked ravioli (for obvious reasons- they basically are baked ravioli), but this way we get to work them into our diet much more frequently.

LynneA
06-21-2006, 12:19 PM
Cheese. I just can't compromise and buy the fat free stuff, it has no taste to me. I have to have the full fat strong cheddar! I do occasionally buy the 2% sticks as snacks, they tide me over for a while but I always long for the "real" stuff :). Polish sausage is another one, put that with the cheese and I'm in high calorie heaven.

mandalinn82
06-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Trail mix. I know its not BAD, necessarily, but its REALLY high calorie and I'd like to be able to have more than say 1/4 cup in a serving.

Also, hummus. Again, its not SO bad, but the particular recipe I used to use had a ton of olive oil, which made it SOO GOOD but so high calorie.

Finally, flour (in bread, and in fact, all baked goods). I LOVE to bake - but baking is one of the hardest things to make lower-calorie, because its so dependent on the right ratios of sugar/protein/etc. to turn out and substitutions can be iffy. I absolutely love to make breads from scratch, but since they don't have preservatives, they only last a day or two and I can't get through them that quickly! I love love love to experiment with my baking, but now no one can eat my experiements, so I've stopped making them. Its the one thing about my old life I really miss a whole lot.

Jayde
06-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm with Glory. Dark chocolate and red wine. But I am able to keep it under control.

A planet without either makes no sense to me. :D

Glory87
06-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Also, hummus. Again, its not SO bad, but the particular recipe I used to use had a ton of olive oil, which made it SOO GOOD but so high calorie.
I absolutely love to make breads from scratch, but since they don't have preservatives, they only last a day or two and I can't get through them that quickly!

I make my own hummus and although I can use oil, it also tastes great without any. I take 2 cans of chickpeas and drain and reserve the liquid. I put the chickpeas, garlic, a splash of lemon juice and a package of sun dried tomatoes (not the kind in oil, the dry kind) in a food processor (I love spicy, so I sometimes add half a chopped chili). I blend it, slowly adding the reserved liquid until I get the right consistency (usually a little more than 1 can reserved liquid). It's good if I add a tbs of olive oil too, but I really don't need it.

Can you make home made bread and freeze half if you can't eat it fast enough?

WaterRat
06-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Ah, my very favorite high calorie food that just won't work into a weight loss diet is macaroni and cheese. Sigh. I make a killer homemade version, or I used to. :lol:

As for PB I eat it most days too - though I do measure. Most days, 1 TBSP on my breakfast whole grain toast is enough to satisfy me. Likewise good strong cheddar - I have 1-2 oz 1-2x a week. The cost of it helps keep me in check as much as the calories. And like Glory and Jayde, gotta have a glass of good red wine every so often. Chocolate - unlike most people I can take it or leave it!

Mandalinn - I still make homemade bread for my DH and it freezes very well. :)

LLV
06-21-2006, 02:54 PM
I make eggrolls at home- they aren't 100% the same, but they are tasty and without a lot of the calories.
Yep, I've done this before too. In fact I'm making more tonight. I found a recipe for Hawaiian egg rolls that have ham, pineapple and spinach in them and I'm making those later on. I make them and then freeze them individually.

I too bake mine, I never fry them.

mandalinn82
06-21-2006, 02:58 PM
I'm trying to hold off on baking if I can, even though I enjoy it - something about the whole "fresh baking yumminess" smell makes me want to overindulge, and the one time I've tried it since I got back OP, my usually iron willpower collapsed just a bit more than I'd like it too.

I'm sticking to baking for other people, particularly things that will be obvious if I try a nibble, like cakes, pies, breads, etc. Cookies are just too tempting to have "just one" which morphs into "just a couple" and so on.

I make a lower-cal hummus too, which works pretty well. I also make a white bean dip thats pretty similar. Its just not -quite- the same.

junebug41
06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
1) bagels and cream cheese
2) margaritas

but not together :eek:

Jayde
06-21-2006, 03:08 PM
1) bagels and cream cheese
2) margaritas

but not together :eek::lol:

athenac
06-21-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm uncontrollable when it comes to Chinese food and hot cheetos. I know the cheetos habit is a little childish, but I just can't kick it. When I'm tempted to buy one or the other, I remember how I feel after eating them and then I stop craving. But if it's right in front of my face no one can stop me.

YP1
06-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm another chocolate and red wine person, but I've learned that a huge slab of chocolate and bottle of wine aren't a suitable Friday and Saturday night snack (yup, that's a slab of chocolate and a bottle of wine each night, or was, at least). Other than that, cheese and nuts also figure pretty high on the list. I'm not going to give any of them up, but I do take care how I incorporate them into my lifestyle.

SaraD
06-21-2006, 04:12 PM
I would have to say lasagna, fettuccine alfredo, anything mexican and chinese. What I really feel the pain of is not being able to snarf down beer and papa johns pizza. I miss that so much. I know you can buy these with fewer calories but come on..are they really as tasty as the real thing?

Sara

jillybean720
06-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Edy's Dreamery New York Style Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream!
There is NO substitue for that perfection--it combines my favorites of ice cream, cheesecake, and strawberries. I have tried the fat-free, sugar-free cheesecake flavored pudding, but IMO, it tastes NOTHING like cheesecake :p Luckily, the Dreamery only comes in the little pint containers instead of the big half-gallon tubs, so it's a little easier to control myself (if I can eat just part of it instead of the whole thing in one sitting!).

LadyFirelyght
06-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Pizza. I eat pizza about once per week. I make it at home (well actually, my brother does), so I know what's in it and make sure to have TONS of fresh veggies on top (we're talking around 1 1/2-2 cups of vegetables per pizza). It's delicious, I have it once a week, and I make sure to eat fairly well the rest of the time.

sweettay
06-21-2006, 09:10 PM
my favorite food is macadamia white chocolate and caramel cookies from this small bakery in my hometown they are so good and they are huge there is no way you can make them low fat. I also love cake batter ice cream from bruster's I can eat a whole carton in 2 days so I limit my self to 1 cookie and a small cone once a month so I dont have those out of control craving and have a binge I will regret later.

Siena1383
06-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Well, I definitely work nuts (cashews, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts) into my diet. I probably eat more now than before I started trying to eat healthy, but I don't pig out on them (too expensive).

Butter/margarine -- I work it in, can't do without it. I use Brummel & Brown at times, but no butter or substitutes at all would be so much better for me.

Chocolate is worked in, though it's also one of my worst cheats. I keep dark chocolate chips around, and often, just a few will satisfy my craving. Also keep a few bars around because sometimes that's what I want.

Cheese is worked in, and I usually can control the amounts.

Pepsi, too. I allow myself 2-3 cans a week.

Potato chips and Cheetos -- my digestive system won't tolerate large amounts any more, so the 25 cent bags work well for me, and I don't have them often. My weight is probably made up of more potato chips (specifically, Lays Sour Cream & Onion) than anything else.

I do try to work other things in, though sometimes I just let loose on them. Here are the things I really try to keep away from:

Haagen Dazs ice cream, especially the various chocolate kinds
Cakes (chocolate layer, cheesecake, carrot cake, strudel, etc.)
Macaroni & cheese (Green Giant's Cauliflower & Cheese is usually a workable substitute for me)
Fried foods in general -- French fries, KFC, eggrolls, anything deep-fried...

cardsfan2009
06-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate---its all desserts for me. I still manage to work them in anyway :D Or anything fried...i havent had fried anything in a while, but tonight im going to a fish fry. 1 fried catfish fillet isnt so bad though.

Sakai
06-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Ramen Noodles. >_<.. I can't believe I use to eat that everyday.. sometimes twice a day. I love ramen noodles but they are so high calorie..gah.. I nearly had a heart attack the first time I looked to see how many they had.

LLV
06-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Ramen Noodles. >_<.. I can't believe I use to eat that everyday.. sometimes twice a day. I love ramen noodles but they are so high calorie..gah.. I nearly had a heart attack the first time I looked to see how many they had.
I used to eat them all the time too. Sometimes plain, sometimes I'd throw some peas into them. I practically lived off of those things when I lived out on my own and more often than not I'd fix two packages at once.

The reason they're so high in fat and calories is because the noodles are deep-fried. Someone told me once there's a such thing as 'baked' ramen noodles, but to this day I've never found them.

I sure do miss those things and we have some in the house now because my husband loves them so much. And every now and then I'll say, "Okay, today I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna have some Ramen noodles." Then I'll go to the cupboard, pull out a package, habitually look at the nutrition info (like I do with everything else I eat) and put them back on the shelf.

I just don't have the guts to eat them :lol:

Glory87
06-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Here ya go, Linda. baked ramen (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002H6M58/qid=1151333315/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-7225798-3097416?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3580501&s=gourmet-food&v=glance) 7.99 for a six-pack.

LLV
06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Here ya go, Linda. baked ramen (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002H6M58/qid=1151333315/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-7225798-3097416?%5Fencoding=UTF8&n=3580501&s=gourmet-food&v=glance) 7.99 for a six-pack.
Hey, thanks, I'll check that out. I haven't been able to find that stuff ANYWHERE.

P.S. - do you know how many calories are in one of those cups?

Glory87
06-26-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.rightfoods.com/scripts/display_product.php?product_id=6106

Not too bad, 200 calories, 10 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat per cup (each cup is 2 servings).

Ramen Chicken Flavor Non-Meat Source

Ingredients:

Pasta (100% Durum Wheat Semolina), Dehydrated Vegetables (Carrots, Corn, Green Beans, Spinach), Yeast Extract, Potato Starch, Natural Flavor (Non-Animal Source), Garlic, Onion, Spices (Black Pepper, Turmeric, and Other Spices), Sea Salt.

Contains: Wheat

Nutritionals:

Serving Size/Ingredients 1/2 Package (30g)

Servings Per Container 2

Calories 100

Calories from Fat 10

Total Fat 0.5 g

Saturated Fat 0 g

Trans Fatty Acids 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg

Sodium 320 mg

Carbohydrates 20 g

Dietary Fiber 1 g

Sugars 1 g

Protein 5 g

LLV
06-26-2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.rightfoods.com/scripts/display_product.php?product_id=6106

Not too bad, 200 calories, 10 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat per cup (each cup is 2 servings).
200 isn't too bad, considering that would probably be a lunch meal for me.

Thanks for the info! :)

ellasmom2
06-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Most definitely cheesecake, the plain kind, no topping. Isn't is the very worst food ever caloriewise? Anyway, I indulge in very very rare occasion and I have to plan for it carefully as I want my piece to be perfect temp, consistency etc to make it super worth the calorie:)

Another would be camembert cheese (french cheese), aged, stinky and all but oh so good on a fresh crusty baguette. My luck is that a good one is very hard to find in the states so the craving is easier to fight.

That's it for me.

2frustrated
06-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Avocados! They are TASTY :T but so high in calories that I have to plan the whole day around them!

Those and pepperoni pizza :devil:

VelVeeta
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Mexican food, especially queso. I think that everything in moderation is fine. I mean you shouldnt gorge on it when you do eat it, but every once in a while in small portions is ok and i dont feel guilty about it!

phantastica
06-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Those buttery loaves of garlic toast from the grocery store, or garlic cheesebread. Especially from Davanni's (a local pizza place). Cold Stone (and their "sinless" doesn't quite cut it for me).

Breakfasts at Perkins ... particularly, hashbrowns with onions, melted cheese, and sour cream.

DairyQueen
07-01-2006, 03:26 AM
If I could have three wishes they would be:
1) Donuts as a free food
2) Chocolate as a free food.
3) Everything on the menue of "The Cheesecake Factory" as a free food.

Then I'm pretty much happy for life.

DairyQueen
07-01-2006, 03:28 AM
But please, everyone stop saying that all the highest calorie foods just happen to be the best tasting ones and its so bad how it works out like that and blah blah blah. Proof: try raw shortening one day.

carolshmarol
07-01-2006, 04:27 AM
I LOVE mushroom swiss burgers with bacon, fried onions and mayo. mmmmmm

I love mac n- cheese, fetuccini alfredo with chicken strips, hash brown casserol, cream chipped beef on toast, fried chicken, spaghetti with lots of sauce and cheese, love goat cheese on Italian toast, fondu's, (I'm a cheese freak!), Mexican food, beef stroganoff, mashed potatoes and gravy on butter bread, plate full o' bacon, cheesy scrambled eggs with a plate full o'bacon, and quiche.:carrot:

willmakeit
07-03-2006, 12:38 AM
1. fries/onion rings.
2. chocolate truffles.
3. cheesecakes (any and all).
4. chicago style pizza (thick crust).
5. Icecream cookie.
6. chinese food, mexican food, Indian food, italian food, crepes.
7. freshly baked soft french bread.

now did I forget ANYthing? :)

DairyQueen
07-03-2006, 04:58 AM
Ok, now that I think about it, these are the greatest foods of all time, in no particular order.

1. Grilled cheese sandwhiches with both cheddar and white chedder cheese
2. Brushetta ham/salami with provolone
3. Molten milk chocolate cake (flourless)
4. Haagen-Dazs vanilla and Myan Chocolate ice cream
5. Godiva white/milk chocolate fruit cabobs
6. The six-dollar burger from Carl's Jr (all six varieties, including six-dollar cheeseburgers)
7. Cold Stone ice cream shakes
8. Cold Stone peanut butter/cake batter/brownie batter ice cream
9. Raw cookie dough
10. Tillamook cheese with Ritz crackers and fruit
11. Italian Sausage (especially on Kabobs with fresh mozzerella, tomatoe, and artichoke hearts)
12. Swedish Meatballs
13. Pepper-Bacon Cheeseburgers
14. Onion Rings with Thousand Island dressing
15. Pumpkin/Blackberry/Caramel Apple Crumb Pie
16. Buttercream Frosting
17. Egg nog
18. Belgain Waffles with whipped cream and berry syrup
19. Pancakes with butter and real maple syrup
20. Krispey Kreme doughnuts
21. Olive Oil french fries (especially with rosemary and thyme)
22. Deep dish extra cheesy pizza
23. Lamb gyros
24. Pesto
25. Angel Hair Pasta with lots of butter
26. Honey on toast
27. Baverian Creme
28. Butter cressents
29. New York style cheesecake (all flavors)
30. Fresh Artison Bread
31. Fried Maceroni and Cheese balls
32. Spinach salad with candied walnuts, garbanzo beans, raisons, goat cheese, and full fat French dressing
33. Guacamole
34. Geleto
35. Red Wine
36. Roasted artichoke with herbed butter to dip
37. Creamy seafood bisque
38. Nachos with queso/salso/guacamole/onions
39. Chilli Con Carne
40. Sweet Potatoe fries with marshmallow dip
41. Cinnabon
42. Whipped Cream
44. Ribey Steak
45. Soft-baked cookies
46. Kid's cereals by post and kellogs
47. Bread and rice pudding
48. Roast Veggatable puree (inludes hummus and roast veggie soups)
59. Peanut butter
50. Foundou (be it melted chocolate, cheese, seasoned olive oil, whatever)

And there you go. There are simply no commen foods greater than those on this list. I've had some of the best MEALS of my life of foods that weren't on this list, but thats because of the master chefs who created them properly and how they were prepared. These are the best foods that can always be counted on as tasting great no matter where you go. I have been, for years, a culinary explorer and it has landed me in a position of overweightness. But also it has made me really cherish the best of the best dishes, and those are them of the high-cal ones (and 98% of the world's best tasting dishes are high-cal).

jillybean720
07-03-2006, 06:35 AM
But please, everyone stop saying that all the highest calorie foods just happen to be the best tasting ones and its so bad how it works out like that and blah blah blah. Proof: try raw shortening one day.
huh? I would consider shortening to be an ingredient, not a food. Just like even healthier items, I wouldn't eat whole-wheat flour alone :dizzy: And yes, all of my favorite foods are the high-calorie ones (cheesecake, super-cheesy Italian dishes, Chinese drenched in dark heavy sauces, stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese and barely any sauce...) :devil:

Glory87
07-03-2006, 06:41 PM

I never said that. My current favorite foods are:

natural peanut butter on whole grain toast
Greek yogurt with blackberries
baked sweet potatoes

Mel
07-03-2006, 07:07 PM
avocados and natual peanut butter...but not together!

Mel

WaterRat
07-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Hmm, pb and avo on toast! ewwwww! :rofl: These are 2 of my favorites, too. I enjoy avocados even more because my DH won't eat them - so they're all for me. :)

LLV
07-03-2006, 11:44 PM
Nobody said anything about the high-calorie foods being the best-tasting ones. We're just talking about high-calorie foods we love.

ValRock
07-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Almond butter, avocados, mexican food!!, Cheese!, Hawaiian plate lunch (any kind will do), MMM I'm hungry now!

LLV
07-04-2006, 12:26 AM
Almond butter, avocados, mexican food!!, Cheese!, Hawaiian plate lunch (any kind will do), MMM I'm hungry now!
Me too, lol.

I love Mexican and Chinese food, although Chinese is my major weakness.

working to lose
07-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Veggie Pizza, Feta cheese, chocolate. A good steak, lobster and scallops. And always Captain Morgans Spiced Rum! Yum!

Sassy_Chick
07-04-2006, 11:53 PM
I guess I would have to say Fast Food because I am a fast food addict. :mcd:

lipidful
08-03-2006, 02:16 PM
I absolutely CAN'T live without peanut butter and almond butter. I eat some EVERY day. I'm not addicted to cheese or ice cream or many other common high calorie foods, but nut butters....I actually drool just thinking about them. LOL
But I think I only have maybe 2 tbsp total in a day. I actually have to measure it. Or I get into trouble ;)

DeafinlySmart
08-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I like potato chips too, but they're not something I crave or anything. Usually the only time I eat them is at BBQ's or something, I'll grab a small handful and put them on my plate and try and leave it at that. Although I'll occasionally find myself stealing a few more from the chip bowl, one at a time, almost every time I walk by it, lol.

Lays makes a good fat free/half the cal potato chips. It is 75cal per single serving bag (they sell those at subway). It's not baked (I don't like those). It's made from Olean. Some people can't stomach Olean, but I've had no problems and it taste perfect.

DeafinlySmart
08-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Avocados! They are TASTY :T but so high in calories that I have to plan the whole day around them!

I cut up one (about twice a week) and mash it, add no salt added diced tomatoes, garlic powder, pepper, a little bit of salt, squeezed lemon, and fine cut up jalepenos and ONE tsp of lite sour cream. I mash it and eat it like it is. It's a snack. The fat is high, but the calories (in the correct portion) is not bad.

TiredofWeightin
08-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Um, lets see...chocolate, chocolate, and....yeah, chocolate!!!

It's from a bean, it shouldn't be so bad for you!!!:D

VelVeeta
08-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Lays makes a good fat free/half the cal potato chips. It is 75cal per single serving bag (they sell those at subway). It's not baked (I don't like those). It's made from Olean. Some people can't stomach Olean, but I've had no problems and it taste perfect.

Agreed, I love the Lays chips, i have been craving some all day! They are definitely better for you than any other chip because they are made in Sunflower oil, which is much better for you than other oils that other chips use.

Lyria
08-04-2006, 08:06 AM
-sigh-

NUTS!

All kinds lol but especially brazil and almonds...mmmm....

dottiebeverly
08-04-2006, 03:18 PM
~Chocolate in any form
~Chinese food
~Big, Soft, Chewy Bagels w/tons of cream cheese
~Big bowls of pasta

mel67
08-04-2006, 05:36 PM
ohsomany! Since I calorie count, I don't "cut" anything out. But these things come in moderation:

Reeces PB Cups
Cheese cake
potato chips
hershey bars
home made 4-cheese maccoroni and cheese
chicken w/dumplings in that thick creamy sauce made from fresh chicken broth.
Chinese food

oh wow....my eyes are watering.

BelleDeJour
08-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Agreed, I love the Lays chips, i have been craving some all day! They are definitely better for you than any other chip because they are made in Sunflower oil, which is much better for you than other oils that other chips use.

Umm I wouldn't exactly say that Lays chips are better for you. Where are you getting your nutrtional info from, the commercials? They're still just deep-fried shards of starch. Sunflower oil is still just liquid fat. That's like saying, "At least cocaine is better than heroin".

LLV
08-05-2006, 12:10 PM
NO potato chip is good for you. As far as being a 'healthy' food goes. However, I still get a taste for a few chips now and then myself and rather than give up a beloved food altogether, it's better to make alternative choices. You know, like the lesser of the two evils.

Regular Potato Chips (that contain partially hydogenated oils)

vs

Baked and/or fried in healthier oils.

Yes, oil is just oil. But if you're gonna eat potato chips at all, at least pick something that isn't loaded with trans and saturated fats.

veggielover
08-07-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm like Linda- I love peanut butter on whole wheat and I LOVE ROASTED ALMONDS.

penpal
08-07-2006, 08:06 PM
I had a scoop of the most wonderful Tillamook blueberry cheescake ice cream when were were at the coast a couple of weeks ago. I hadn't had ice cream for about a year and have never been that crazy about it but I loved this one :love:. Now, however, I'm thinking about that ice cream a lot and almost bought a carton. If you're ever in Oregon, you have to check out the Tillamook Dairy :moo: - it's quite a tourist attraction. We did a lot of walking that day, so no harm done!

Sonny876
08-27-2006, 06:03 PM
Ok well I unfortiently have three high calorie foods PIZZA its so good i love it i try and eat it once or twice a mounth .two PEPSI COLA i love pepsi i tryed to start drinking diet cokes but it just an,t the same still ive only had water for two weeks and counting.Three RED VELVET CAKE Hmmmmmmmmmmm yummy I only get that on christmas and my birthday for a special treat .ohh and candy bars lol i cant give them up completely but whats a girl to do .lol