Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies, #79

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies, #79

4myloves
06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Hello!!!! :welcome:

Welcome to the Loozingist thread on the web!

We're McSkinney's Loozing Floozies and we're so glad you found us!!!! We're here to motivate, support and encourage, so if we sound like you're kind of folks, WELCOME!!!! Now, pull up a chair and join in the fun!

Shelley :running:
Cheryl :devil:
Gayle :angel:
Dee :queen: :beach:
Janice :dancer:
Suzy :cheer:
Lynneye :D
Chris :wave:
Linda :)

Don't forget to go back to thread #78 and catch up on all the summer fun!

ShelleyM
06-20-2006, 04:11 PM
Debbi-That's great news!! It always feel wonderful to go down a size.

Cheryl-Thanks for starting the new thread. You are getting to be a pro at this.

No running again today. My heel was feeling fine this morning, but really started hurting again at work today. I hate this. I'm afraid I'll start making excuses and get out of the habit of running.

gdeann
06-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Cheryl, you are a sweetie pie for making me an angel! LOL!
THANKS FOR STARTING THE THREAD!

Shelley, maybe you should go to a foot doctor and have him check it out? I know you want to stay in the habit of running but I would really hate for you to do something to damage your heel if there is something else going on.

Debbi, I bet you are THRILLED with your new size!

4myloves
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Gayle, I started to give you the :devil: and me the :angel: but then I decided I should stick to the facts, ma'am, just the facts :)

At any rate, I couldn't go wrong with Shelley (the runner) and our on-board Princess Beach Bum :)

I'll do better with the rest of the girls next time (when I've gotten to know them a little better :) )

Anyone heard from Carol, Doni, Sherry, Debbie, Ramona or Vicky lately?

I'm still working on my idea (you all know what I'm talking about). Bear with me.

gdeann
06-20-2006, 06:19 PM
:hug: Thank you for thinking I'm an angel :angel: Cheryl! We all know I can be a :devil: some of the time too! Of course I'm usually :blah: and not paying attention most of the time! :rofl:

SuzyMc
06-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Cheryl ~ I love your openings...they are always so much fun to read!

Debbi ~ Congratulations on moving into a smaller size! I think that's a bigger thrill than watching the scale move!

Shelley ~ Check out this site on plantar fasciitis... http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/fact/thr_report.cfm?Thread_ID=144&topcategory=Foot I have a friend who has it and I'm wondering if maybe it might be the cause of your heel pain too.

Good luck to Mike tomorrow on his first day! I hope it goes great for him!

Lynneye
06-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Shelley I have plantar fascitis and it is horrible heel pain at times, then I go months and not a twinge. I have to wear gel heel inserts in my shoes and I am fine. When I go barefoot (or wear flip flops) for a few weeks at a time, it comes back. Then I wear sneakers with the inserts for a few days and I fine again.
Good luck to Mike tomorrow!!

chrily
06-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Okay...label me an idiot, but what in the world is plantar fascitis? I've heard it talked about but have no idea what it really is.

I got my WW at home kit today, so tomorrow, I start back on the program. I painted for 1 1/2 hr this morning, cleaned the shop with my husband and did 30 min at the gym. I think that's enough activity for me today.

Time for bed. C ya in the morning.

chris

gdeann
06-21-2006, 12:44 AM
:dance: :cb: :dancer: Doing happy dance for Mike & Shelley!!!!
:goodluck: with the new job Mike!

ShelleyM
06-21-2006, 05:24 AM
You all are so sweet! I can always depend on my Floozie friends to keep my chin up.

Chris-Good luck on the WW at home. I just emailed WW about beginning a meeting at our school. I think there would be plenty of people interested. Maybe if I didn't have to get in the car to go to a meeting I'd actually enjoy it instead of online. I really need motivation right now. What with not being able to run and eating everything in sight, I am really needing the motivation.

Lynne-I'm pretty sure that's what I have. I can't wear low flip flops or go barefoot right now. It feels better when I have my running shoes on, but if I put them on, I'll run. I am trying to not do it this week only. Since I won't be in town to do a 10 miler on Sat., it may help.

Cheryl-I have only heard from Vicki, after I sent her a picture of Becky graduating. I am hoping she is lurking around here.

Gayle-You always have a way of making my day start off cheery!

Lynneye
06-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Shelley go pick up some gel inserts, I have the ones that are just for heels, not the rest of the foot. The ones I got were $10 for the two. I take them out of my shoes at night and wash, dry in AM to put back in. See if they help. I was amazed when I did that, I was OK,the next day. My Dr. also said to wear New Balance, not other sneakers for awhile.

Chris, good luck with the WW at home. I am going to the weekly meetings here. Just more disciplined for me. Plantar Fascitis is a problem with the bottom of the foot, heel hurts to put it down on the ground. It is a muscle and ligament thing usually from over use. It is the muscles that connect the toes to the heel, but most pain is felt in the heel area.

chrily
06-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Shelley, The bottoms of my feet hurt on a regular basis too. Flip flops kill me. Mine is from having RA though and the best thing for me is some supportive tennis shoes but I can go barefoot. When I first get up in the morning, my feet feel like I'm walking on gravel or marbles. ((HUGS)) and hoping your feet feel better soon.

My first morning on WW..and doing good so far. My sis and I are taking the kids to the park for lunch and then to the wading pool so the little ones can poop off a bit. The school's do a free lunch program for the kids in the summer time at some of the local parks and the adults are the only one's that have to pay. Kind of a good deal.

Well better go. I did get to the gym last night so I feel pretty good about that. I'll see what my sister has in store for me tonight. I think we might go for a bike ride.

Chris

LindaB763
06-21-2006, 05:33 PM
The bottoms of my feet hurt on a regular basis too. Flip flops kill me. Mine is from having RA though and the best thing for me is some supportive tennis shoes but I can go barefoot. When I first get up in the morning, my feet feel like I'm walking on gravel or marbles. ((HUGS)) and hoping your feet feel better soon.

My first morning on WW..and doing good so far.

Chris,

My feet used to feel like I was walking on needles. Was very painful. But I've found the more weight I lose, the less they hurt. I guess my body was complaining against all that lard I was dragging around! :(

How has your first day on WW been? Hang in there. It does get easier and becomes a way of life and I rarely miss the bad foods.

gdeann
06-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Leaving at 4:00 in the morning girls, so I may not be back to post. I will be back home Tuesday for sure. Just finished making 197 jello-shooters! Doesn't take much to entertain us hick-folk! LOL! I am leaving Cheryl in charge to keep all of you in line and to keep all of you posting! I want to come back to some juicy happenings and gossip!
I will be thinking of all of you while I'm away!
Oh, ya, I'll also pat a cowboy or two on the butt for ya all since you can't make it!

chrily
06-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Linda...going good so far. Made a small boo boo for lunch but I still have flex points to use, so no worries. I kind of think the more weight I get off of me, the better my joints will feel too.

Check back in a while. Gotta figure dinner and get the daughter off to dance.

Chris

ShelleyM
06-22-2006, 05:27 AM
Goodbye, Gayle!! Have a great time.

I had an OP day yesterday. That's 1. I really wish I could run. I might go ahead and run today. I really should see a podiatrist, but don't want to spend the money.

Chris-Good for you, staying on OP. Keep it up!

coles
06-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Chris - my inflammatory arthritis was one of the main reasons that I lost weight. It has made a big difference to not have the extra pressure on my joints.
Gayle - Have fun, thats a lot of shooters!

4myloves
06-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Whoo hoo!!!

I want to pat a cowboy on the butt, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE !?!??

Work has been really stressful (as usual) lately. At least we got a rain to help things out a little.

I bought new tires for my truck on Sunday. $600. Dang. Thank goodness for credit cards, right?

Shelley, I'm so glad for you that Mike got a job! I'll bet that will help your stressing situation. He'll feel better, too. Remember that we are here for you!

Good luck to all of you who are "doing" WW. I lost lots of weight that way once. Unfortunately, when I hit a long plateau I gave up---DON'T DO THAT!!! Keep going when you hit that plateau--you won't regret it. The excuse I gave was that I couldn't afford to keep going to the meetings if I wasn't losing any weight. One of the biggest regrets of my life, believe it or not, is not sticking in there--broke or not!!

Anyway, that's my miniscule WW "rant" of the day!

Later,
Cheryl

chrily
06-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Janice...that is one of the reasons I want to lose weight...relieve some of the pressure on my joints. I read somewhere that even 10 extra pounds of abdominal fat can put 40 lbs of strain on your back. I can't remember how much strain it puts on your knees..but I know it was waaaayyy up there.

Sorry for the short post. I have to get to work. Check back when I can.

chris

LindaB763
06-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh, ya, I'll also pat a cowboy or two on the butt for y'all since you can't make it!

I'm so jealous!! Have fun! You know what they say: Wrangler Butts Drive Me Nuts!!! :D

ShelleyM
06-23-2006, 05:51 AM
Another OP day for me yesterday. I am going to Tampa today, be back Sat night.

Love to all!

LindaB763
06-23-2006, 08:49 AM
Weighed in last night and am now up to 36 pounds lost!!!:carrot: :carrot: Don't see how since I cheated a little this past weekend! Only 24 pounds more to go! This is a great feeling and I'm so darn proud of myself! Thanks to all of you that have shared your thoughts/ideas on how to get rid of this weight! I do pay attention. I might not always comment, but I do read everything.

I know I need to exercise more but just haven't taken the full step yet. How did y'all do it? I like doing "things" that are not set exercise things. Weird, I know. Y'all know I love to dance. Am going horseback riding this weekend. I'm going to be so darn sore. Not looking forward to that part! BUT will enjoy seeing those cute cowboys! ;) :drool:

Have a great OP weekend!

Lynneye
06-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Had my weigh in last night, I remained the same. I do this a lot, no loss for a couple of weeks, then a big loss.
Things are busy around here, so trying to fit in my exercise time is difficult, but I am doing it just about every day. Not every day, but close.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

chrily
06-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Didn't stay OP Yesterday with food but managed to get a workout at the gym in. And got the ol motivation crush by my sis. It just stings to hear someone else say "why are all the guys checking me out anymore?" and OMG I am so glad I don't have mom's butt. (she knows I have it and that I'm always compared to our overweight mom) And other things like that, that just kills what good feelings you have going. I just felt so down and still down...makes ya feel so ugly inside and out. So what do you all do to pick yourself back up and get rid of those negatives????

chris

SuzyMc
06-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Gayle ~ I hope you are having a wonderful time patting all those cowboy behinds! :lol:

Chris ~ Debbi and I were emailing back and forth this morning about the negative things that people say and what you need to do to get rid of those negative thoughts...it happened to be the topic at her WW meeting last night! Isn't it funny how we tend to replay those nasty comments in our minds, but we rarely replay the good ones that we hear? Basically she was saying that we should tell ourselves that we are beautiful and important every day and that each night before bed, we should think about the good things we did that day, good food choices we made, if you did something good for someone else, stuff like that, instead of replaying anything negative. Always go to bed on a positive note. Not bad advice, huh? I know I'm going to try it! I felt really good about myself when I was losing the weight and people were noticing, but I've noticed now that I am maintaining and people have stopped commenting about me losing weight or looking good that the "I am fat" thoughts have started coming back.

Shelley ~ Congratulations for staying OP two days in a row! Have a safe trip!

Debbi ~ Not gaining is still a success! Good for you!

Linda ~ Congratulations! A 36 pound loss is really something to be proud of! Keep it up and you'll be at your goal in no time!

Cheryl ~ Thanks for the encouraging words...I have been stuck at 144 for what seems like forever. I was getting to the point where I was starting to think that it's time to quit, but I'll keep trying to get to my goal!

I cut grass yesterday, so I got 2 1/2 hours in behind the push mower...I'm sure that counts for something!

LindaB763
06-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Didn't stay OP Yesterday with food but managed to get a workout at the gym in. And got the ol motivation crush by my sis. It just stings to hear someone else say "why are all the guys checking me out anymore?" and OMG I am so glad I don't have mom's butt. (she knows I have it and that I'm always compared to our overweight mom) And other things like that, that just kills what good feelings you have going. I just felt so down and still down...makes ya feel so ugly inside and out. So what do you all do to pick yourself back up and get rid of those negatives????

chris

Chris,

Maybe deep down your sister is a tad bit jealous of how well you are doing and this is her way of taking a "dig" at you. Don't let one person bring you down when dozens have boosted you along the way. Someone told me one time, "Don't let the negative people rent the positive space in your head." Thought that was a little weird at the time but I came to understand it. Besides, if your sister can be so "snippy", why would anyone want to be like her?

4myloves
06-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Everybody have a GREAT week-end!!!!

Lynneye
06-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Chris, Suzy and I were emailing about negative comments as she mentioned and it is so true. I replay the negatives over and over, the positives I hear, I smile and forget and go back to the negatives. I am really trying to forget the negatives and focus on the positives. Last night, when I went to bed, I really used this technique, in the past I would have been beating myself up, as I was at a party and I ate things, I shouldn't have, and had a couple of drinks. Instead of thinking about that as I fell asleep, I kept focusing on the good time I had, people I talked to, things like that. It took work, on my part and I probably didn't fall asleep as quickly as usual, but for me, it was a good thing to do.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

chrily
06-24-2006, 12:27 PM
Morning ladies.

Thanks for all your words of support. It is so hard not to let the negatives rent space in my melon but my hubby even says not to let it bug me. One of my other friends said maybe I should just work out by myself for a while and distance myself from her for a bit. I wonder why it is that its easier to dwell on bad things than it is to remember and cherish the good. We must be all hardwired a certain way.

Today I'm trying super hard to stay busy and out of the kitchen. I've been drinking water and doing laundry. 4 more loads and I'm done.

Well I'll check back later.

Chris

SuzyMc
06-24-2006, 01:52 PM
"Don't let the negative people rent the positive space in your head." I like that Linda! It's a good quote to remember!

Chris ~ I think you're right...I think we all dwell more on the negative than the positive. We really need to work on changing that!

I spent the morning running errands and have laundry going this afternoon. Exciting weekend here! :lol: I sure wish I was with Gayle, slurping jello and watching cowboy butts go by! :lol:

Sherry
06-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm back!!

Hello Everyone!! :wave: ,
Remember me? I told myself this morning that I would start posting again and let everyone know I'm still alive!

We have got completely moved into our new home in KY. We are enjoying it but I do miss Nashville. Since I'm off in the summer (School sytem), I don't have the drive like DH does everyday.It will take me 30-35 min. to drive when I go back to work in August. It takes DH about 45 min. We won't be carpooling because our hours are different and I would have to wait almost 2 hours for him.

Drew (DS) decided not to move with us. He likes his friends and things being close by to him. He's been staying at the old house in Nashville because it hasn't sold yet . We do have it "pending" at this time though. Drew is moving in with a friend next weekend. It was (and is) so hard not have him around.But he's 18 1/2 and I guess it's time to let go. I talk to him on the phone all the time though. With Chris (DS) in the Navy and him being gone too, it's just DH & I and sometimes it's so lonely. I really miss having all the noise. I always thought I would be old when my kids left home...not at age 46!!

I start WW again on Monday 6/12. I lost 4 lbs. last week!! Looking forward to my 2nd weigh-in on Monday. I got back up to 210 lbs. and I was miserable! I got to be very short winded when I tried to walk around the block with DH and that scared him and me. I honestly think this time it has "clicked" because I feel so much different this time about the foods I eat,the walking I do now and the choices I make. I hated looking at myself naked! It was like I was starting to have 2 stomachs!!!!! How could my DH enjoy making love to me???!! I felt like how could someone else love me when I didn't love myself. I have let myself go and I'm the ONLY ONE who can change things. I want too this time and I WILL!!!!! Also...I want to look great & feel great when we go on our first cruise next June!!!

Hello :wave: to all the new ones since I was here last. I'm looking forward to meeting you!! I've been here for a long time...an OLDIE!! :lol:

Dee...I owe you a letter! Thanks for all my emails! I love & miss you!!

Just wanted to catch-up with you all and STOP LURKING!! I'm so happy to be back with a wonderful attitude about loosing!!

Miss you all...
Sherry

SuzyMc
06-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Sherry ~ Welcome back!!! :hug: It's so wonderful to see your smiling face again! I sure can sympathize with you about the empty house! It was (and still is) hard to get used to not having a house full of kids all the time! Not only do I miss my boys, but I miss having all of their friends here too. The house is SO quiet! BUT there are times when that quiet is really nice too! ;)
Again...it's good to have you back! I'm looking forward to catching up with you!

ShelleyM
06-25-2006, 10:37 AM
YAY!! SHERRY IS BACK!!:carrot: :hug:

Sherry-Becky is leaving me too, so I know how you feel. She has been living at an apartment above the place she works every now and then, so I am starting to get used to it. I totally sympathize with you. Is Drew going to college? If you've lurked at all, you know Becky is going to the University of South Fl. in August. I do still have 1 left, but I still know how you feel. Gosh, I've missed you so much! You have quite a drive everyday to work. Is it going to pay you to go that far, or will you be looking for a job in a different District? Also, are you still traveling between 2 schools in the upcoming year? Tell us everything please!!

Chris-I think perhaps your sister is jealous of you also. Otherwise, why would she say such hateful things? I think you do need a new buddy to workout with. Does your sister have a perfect body or does she just enjoy making you feel bad?

Linda-Wow!! I didn't realize all the weight you have lost, lady. You are doing wonderful. In fact, everybody here seem to be doing quite well! I am so proud of everyone.

Gayle-Back away from the buff butt!

Cheryl-Thank you for keeping this board in shape while Sherry has been out! Will you both be sharing the board?

Dee-Where are you?

LindaB763
06-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Hi Sherry! Nice to meet you!

LindaB763
06-25-2006, 04:20 PM
I sure wish I was with Gayle, slurping jello and watching cowboy butts go by! :lol:

ME TOO!!!! Wooo Hoooo! Ok, I admit. I have a weakness for good looking and good smelling cowboys. ::sigh:: And if they can dance! I'm a goner!

But I did get to look at some cowboys yesterday when I went on the trail ride. Even had a sweet young thing ask me for my phone number! :D He's only 11 years younger than I am. ;) I am SO sore this morning. I keep forgetting how much of a workout riding a horse can be. I've got spots I didn't know could get sore. Ouch!

chrily
06-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Shelley...naw my sister ain't perfect. She's got the J-Lo butt! :D And cellulite on the legs. Even though I am overweight, my legs aren't as dimpled as hers. Look, I have something to be proud of.

Well I'm off to paint some more. We got the windows done so I've been washing the storm windows up and screwing them back on. Check back later.

Chris

Deelite
06-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Oh my God it is you Sherry! I am so happy to see you are here. I was talking to Larry about you yesterday and saying how much I miss you, you add so much to the board. I am thrilled your back. What a nice surprise this morning to see that you posted. Welcome home kiddo. I love you.

Ok guys I really do need a lap top in the pool house, I just hate being indoors when I have a choice.

Gayle how was your wild weekend? I hope that you had great weather. I guess when there are lots of hot cowboys around you sure wouldn't be chilled.

Girls I would love to post to you all but my back is to sore right now to sit. Just a quick note, good going on losing weight and maintaining. Linda you are a hottie if the young boys are chasing you. Twice in one week, you must feel great, so did you give your number? Chris I understand reno's we have been at it for almost twenty years. Right now we are renovating Jay's room into a gareden room. The house is so dusty. Larry is blowing out a wall and putting in a garden door and on the other wall he is trippling the size of the window. Shelley how is that heal doing? Janice where are you? Love you all.

4myloves
06-26-2006, 01:34 PM
We're so glad that you've decided to return to us!!

We've missed you!!!!!!!

Love,

Cheryl

LindaB763
06-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Linda you are a hottie if the young boys are chasing you. Twice in one week, you must feel great, so did you give your number?

Yes, I gave my number. But I'll believe it whenever I see it if he calls. Terrible to think that way, huh?

Right now I'm feeling really weird about men hitting on me. Y'all tell me if I'm crazy or not, OK? I have major trust issues regarding men (thanks to my ex) and I really don't believe too much of what they tell me. I'm terrified of getting hurt all over again and I'm afraid that's going to be a problem with men and relationships in my life. In some ways my weight was a comfort to me because I didn't have to deal with the idiots out there. But now that I'm getting rid of the weight and starting to attract attention, I'm not too sure what to do about it.

I'm afraid of sending out bad vibes and missing out on a good guy. Any suggestions?! :?:

Sherry
06-26-2006, 06:21 PM
Hello :wave:

I'm about to start dinner but wanted to say hi. Thanks for the warm welcome back!! :hug:

Today was my 2nd weigh-in since getting back on WW. I was down another 3 lbs! So a total of 7 lbs. so far!!

When will Gayle be back? I miss her!

Shelley...Drew is going to take night classes at Vols State college while he continues to work at his plumbing job. As far as I know so far, I will be split between my two schools again. The school district up here doesn't pay what I make. I have 12 years in at Metro so guess I better stay there. CONGRATS for Becky!!! I'm so happy for her!! BTW: She's beautiful!!! I got the pic you sent. She got her looks from her Mom!! :)

Dee...I'm so jealous of your pool!! I try to go to Debbie's once a week to swim in hers. She lives about 40 minutes from me now though. Take care of your back!! RELAX all you can. I've miss you too girl!!

Talk later...

ShelleyM
06-27-2006, 05:31 AM
Sherry-Yay!! Down 7 already? You are smokin' with that weight loss.

Dee-I go to the podiatrist today. I'm scared he'll tell me not to run. I am getting so fat without my weekly 30 or 40 miles and AP's I earn. I really will have to do something. I did dig out Patty's bike and road it just down the street yesterday. I can't decide if biking is for me or not.

Linda-I'm sorry I can't help you with your trust in men. I don't trust them either! It seems there is so much heartbreak at our school with marriages and such. I'm sure some of the other ladies can help you out.

coles
06-27-2006, 07:52 AM
Welcome Back Sherry!!! We Missed You Around Here.
I Weighed In Yesterday And Was Down A P0und. I Didn't Go Last Week To Weigh In Because I Knew I Was Up. That Was When I Really Should Have Gone To Get The Support.
I Bought 12 Weeks Yesterday, That Is What I Did Before. I Keeps Me Motivated To Make The Committment To Myself.
Dee- Rest Your Back. Have You Thought Anymore About The Treatment They Are Offering You?
Hello To Everyone Else. I Read The Posts Everyday And Get My Inspiration From You All.

4myloves
06-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Please STOP!!!!

A new thread has been started!

Please join us on thread #80!