Support Groups - Back in Kindergarten #11 :)

View Full Version : Back in Kindergarten #11 :)

jules1216
06-20-2006, 10:17 AM
WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #11 to anyone reading this!

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!!

:cp: :dance: :dancer: :grouphug: :high: :balloons: :chockiss: :comp: :encore: :gossip: :cheers: :sunny: :cheer: :crazy: :cofdate: :val3: :val1:

bep
06-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone!!! Looks like a warm one in my neck of the woods! I have some gardening to do this afternoon, so I hope it won't be miserable out there.

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Bep, Jules and Ellis!!

My goodness Bep - you just a chatty little thing!! lol Do you write all that you eat during the day or just remember? I try and stay around 1000/1200 a day. So far today 320 calories from a turkey/swiss sandwich from Starbucks.

Gaby is in the hands of Rachel today:yikes: I didn't have the heart to trek over to the sitter and the freeways are so clogged. I exited yesterday and took the back roads. Wacky overnight happenings..........a lot of odd things going on.....voodoo kind of crap :comp: :tired: Evenone is named John Boy. I feel like Rosemary - having a baby. :preg: lol:D

btw- what :soap: sopa opera are we today???

Thanks for closing Ellis! Give us some friendly advice on how we can have our own MOD and own thread. We wanna share recipes. :D :hungry: lol....and Bios and all sorts of fun stuff.

anyway, I have TONS to do!! Chat in a bit.

Michelle Thoughts and Prayers for you today!!

bep
06-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Susan Yes, I log EVERYTHING I eat. Every bite. I keep a simple journal in a Word document right here on my laptop and constantly keep it updated. I try not to go under 1200 or over 1400 in a day. I usually keep it right at 1200 though. The hard time is when I am out eating what friends make...then I have to give it as close an estimate as I can get without drilling them about what they put in it. :p On days when I am going to be with friends, I leave as much of my caloric 'budget' that I possibly can for that part of the day.

bep
06-20-2006, 12:32 PM
By the way...I was just outside with the kiddos. I was misting my herb garden. Well...I picked a piece of mint and broke it up to release the aroma. Then I tried teaching them how to sniff it. It was hilarious. They would put their little noses right up to it, blow out through their nose, then go "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" like they actually smelled it! :lol: They are so much fun. I don't think they ever figured it out. Oh well...they are so little still. They will appreciate their Mommy's gardens when they get older.

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
You are so organized Bep! I just count in my head the calories. I am usually at my limit with 2 trips to the vending machine. haha.
What do you do with the mint?? Lemonade? What other herbs do you have?? Where do you live?? and how many kids do you have??
See, if we had a Bio thread I would know all this...and a birthday thread!!:woo:
I am annoyed with our front office. One of the ladies up there asked our assistant to cover for her today until 11 am. She needed to ask me first.....only because I am the supervisor and might wanna know where my worker is....duh....not that I would have anything for her to do ...because I wouldn't dare plan that way.....cause it isn't the first time they have done this....just annoying - no thought that my assistant has to answer to someone. I should have made an issue of it before......my fault, bad me....bad, bad, bad..lol

chat later!! I have to work!!:censored:

bep
06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Susan :coach: STAY AWAY FROM THAT VENDING MACHINE!!! :nono: bad, bad, naughty vending machine!!! :nono:

Hmmm...what herbs...chives, oregano, basil, parsley, terragon, mint...I can't remember at this moment if I have others...

Hmmmm...I live in the northern half of the USA, EST zone. ;) I dunno about handing out more info right out here in the open...never know who might be secretly lurking. :( It doesn't take much for an experienced 'bad person' to figure out where to find you these days. :yikes:

I have 2 kiddos...one just turned 3 (boy) this month, the other is 1 (girl).

Time to go make the kiddos some lunch! Mmmmmm....me too...I'm starving! :hun:

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 01:24 PM
You already told me you have a herb garden. I can find you on that Bep lol
Northern part??? hmm, narrows it down.....I will find you in a couple of years!
I have given so many clues on myself.....doesn't ANYONE wanna stalk me!!!! ugh,.... I am nice :D I walk real slow - I like heavy breathing - :dizzy:

:coach: :coach: I am staying away from the vending machine!! They do have trail mix though - can't be too bad??

ok- goin go to get these files out of here and keep busy and out of trouble.

My goal is 1 pound this week!! :D

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 01:51 PM
some tips that I stole from somewhere else...

1] Pan-fry or saute foods with a non-stick spray or low-calorie butter substitute.

2]Bake or broil instead of frying.

3]Eat high-fiber foods, such as a bran muffin instead of the morning donut.

4]Use sugar substitutes when sweetening foods and beverages.

5]Order from the light menus now offered at many restaurants, or purchase low-calorie or reduced-fat products at the grocery store.

6]Try a meal plan using "exchange lists" based on foods grouped together according to similar food values. Most exchange lists include several "free" foods: those lower than 20 calories per serving, such as many low-calorie, sugar-free foods and beverages.

7]Never skip meals. Eat three to six times a day in smaller portions to keep from getting hungry.

8]Use a smaller plate at mealtime to satisfy your psychological need to see a full plate.

9] Eat and chew slowly. Learn to stop eating before you feel full. (It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain that it is full!)

10]Weigh yourself on a regular schedule, but don't become a slave to your scale.

bep
06-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Wow...that plain ole sums up how I am dieting! Except I don't use sweetners (except in my 1 diet pepsi a day). If I am going to make something sweet, I use regular sugar (don't want kids & hubby to have to eat substitutes). If I MUST have something sweet, I either pick something with VERY little cals in it, or I just cut a 1" x 1" piece. ;) Or just 3 - 5 M&M's out of the jar, put the jar away, then eat my few M&M's. I just prefer minimalism over deprivation. :D Of course, I have to include it in my caloric 'budget' for the day.

bep
06-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Susan...Hey...where'd ya go??? All I am seeing now is a WAY too yummy looking Starbucks drink!!! That is naughty to put tempting things in your avatar! :p By the way...you have to put an updated pic of you up soon. You said the other pic was a couple years back. Come on now...almost everyone else has posted an updated pic! It's your turn!!!

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 02:30 PM
It is a low calorie Starbuck drink. It can be yummy and look low calorie.....Nothing worth drooling over - SNAP out of it!! Taste like chalk!!

you are going to get me in trouble Bep!!! lol

I have a roll to get developed. My hair is longer and I am 25 pounds heavier. I am also 1 1/2 years older....imagine all that and you have an updated photo Bep *sigh*....you are so demanding :stress: :stress: I can't do anything right, can I??? lol

Lets chat lunch!! I am hungry for a crisp bed of lettuce and low cal dressing - yum- with some cool cucumbers and ripe tomatoes....some awesome protein tuna.....yum, yum , yum.....

One avatar that I saw read - Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a crack house for vitamins.....:mcd: :yikes: lol

jules1216
06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi girlies--I am home again sick--just not feeling well but I wanted to pop in and say hi!!

FrouFrou
06-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Hello ladies...:wave:

JULES...I'm sorry you are not feeling well today. I do remember you mentioned that on the other thread...being home and I forgot to say something. I get sidetracked at times trying to keep up with all that's going on around here sometimes. Especially when everyone posts and I miss a couple of days. Hope you get to feeling better soon. :hug:

SUSAN...I love the new avatar! Looks so good, yummy to my tummy! Love the one about McDonald's and crack, lol! :lol: That darn assistant...what is wrong with her? I would hate to be the boss of others though...not good at telling others what to do. Well, actually I think I could, just would choose not to. Are you getting used to your schedule yet? Did Miss Gaby go to VBS today? How is Rachel and Rebecca doing? Just full of all kinds of questions aren't I? How about All My Children today? After all...we are back in Kindergarten. Thanks for sharing the tips! :thanks:

BEP...how the heck do you keep M & M's around and only eat 5 at a time? There's no way I could do it. I tried writing down everything but found it wasn't something I felt I could do the rest of my life. When I went to WW I did good with it and a lot of the point values stuck in my head, which is good. But not going, it's not something I can do. I think anyone who does it though is awesome! It really does take a lot to do that day in and day out.

Well, I am feeling tired, ick. Actually sleepy...don't understand it because I get enough sleep. I tried to get up at 7 this morning but just couldn't do it. So didn't get to the park until 8 for my walk. I am still dragging but I am glad I did it. It always makes me feel better to get my exercise done and out of the way...but some mornings it is sooooo hard to get out of bed. Not sure what's up with that. Anyway...I got my walk in, came home and took Ernie dog to a park close to home for a short walk. The doggy is so cute! You say the word 'ride' and he goes nuts! And he actually was excited about going to the park. He can't go far though, he's getting old and doesn't get around and play like he used to. He got used to going to the park when we had the house listed and when we took it off the market it stopped. So going to make it a habit of taking him at least three times a week. After that came home and had to run to the library to return some books. Now I am doing some laundry. Drank three of my four bottles of water and took my vitamins. I honestly don't think I can drink more than that. I have gotten 5 or 6 on a few days but not everyday. Drinking water for me is like taking some nasty tasting cough medicine, or Mylanta-GROSS! Anyway...blah, blah, blah...I'll be back!

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Critsi Is Ernie your doggie? :dizzy: I didn't know you had a dog.

Jules & Cristi Hope you gals feel better today!!

Are you getting used to your schedule yet? Yes!!
Did Miss Gaby go to VBS today? I don't know what Rachel is doing with her!lol
How is Rachel and Rebecca doing? They need to get on a schedule. They did yoga :yoga: yesterday. lol
Just full of all kinds of questions aren't I? It is ok!! :D
How about All My Children today? Can I be Tara?? Remember her waaaaay back when she was with Bret. She was the daughter of Joe I think. She was really nice and sweet......can I be her??

I think I will go get me a salad....

FrouFrou
06-20-2006, 04:53 PM
SUSAN...are you having a brain fart, lol? Yes, I have a doggie named Ernie, silly woman. Remember the avatar? I said he will have to do for now, lol! You must be under a lot of stress missy... and yes you can be Tara...the old Tara because the new Tara doesn't look so great and wasn't so nice to Johnny. Wasn't she the one who John Travolta liked in Staying Alive, the dancer? I do remember that show well and can't believe that Susan Lucci is still on it! Wow, that woman deserves an award just for be on there that long. I used to watch soaps all the time. Up until Josh was born. I got so frustrated because I was watching that show and something was supposed to happen. You know how they build you up so you have to watch the next day? Well, it started on Monday and by Friday it didn't happen and I said "NO MORE SOAPS for me!" And never watched another one. That was in 1982. I tuned in on General Hospital and One Life to Live for a few minutes one day to see who all was still there and had no clue who was who. Used to watch those two, All My Children, Ryans Hope and The Edge of Night...loved Miles! That is actually where Jason got his mn...if it had been up to me his first name would have been Myles. Anyway...the girls were doing yoga? Thinking I should try it...breathe....anyway...best get going, again! Things to do before V gets home because when he gets home nothing gets done.

MICHELLE, JULES...hope you ladies are feeling better.

HIYA KATY, BEP, SHAWNA and GINNY! :wave:

Have a good one ladies, what's left of it anyway!

Michelle
06-20-2006, 05:06 PM
SUSAN... Thank you for sending me a PM to check on me. You're such a sweetheart!:hug: My sister said that she called the hospital last night and they said there was nobody there under my mom's name. She then called me mom's home and they said that she was checked out of the hospital at 7pm refusing to stay there. The doctor hasn't returned my sister's phone call and she's just getting very stressed and frustrated like myself. I feel SO bad turning away as I have, but for my health, I can no longer KEEP TRYING, because I'm just yelled at and pushed away.:(

CRISTI... I used to watch AMC every day when I was in high school. Even when we went back to Iowa for every summer, I could not miss a single episode. You're doing great getting your walking in and even getting your little doggie to the park; you're such a good mommy!:hug:

JULES... I hope your DD has fun on her date. My DD has a boy that's showing interest in her, and I'm having a hard time with it. I worry about her in another car, especially with a teenager, but they both belong to the gym up the road and they're going to go work out for a couple hours. I hope you're feeling better soon!:hug:

HELLO to BEP, KATHY, SHAWNA, SHEL and anyone else I may have missed!:grouphug:

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 05:10 PM
I remember a doggie avatar but I didn't know it belonged to you Cristi . I didn't know for the longest time why you were driving people around either. I didn't know we were on a different thread until yesterday when someone mentioned it. We ain't in disneyland anymore!!:mouse: ....kind of a Mickey, huh? Anyway, beam me up Scottie. You think I am under stress??? lol
I use to watch GH when Laura just married Scotty and 1 life to live before the Buchanans......I never got into Edge of Night - kind of creepy - spooky.
I better go get my salad!! Starving.

You are welcome Michelle. Have you tried senior services? They might be able to help you or at least give you some resources for your mother. There should be an agency out there for just this kind of thing. Hugs to you!!

Shel We scare you off already??? :yikes: hope not :hug: :hug:

Michelle
06-20-2006, 05:29 PM
I was also addicted to General Hospital with Laura, Scott and Bobbie. I haven't watched any soaps for many many years! Susan, I can't believe you think Napoleon is yummier than Starbucks LOL!:?: ;)

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Michelle I loved Luke & Laura. I liked Scotty too and Bobbie. I haven't watched a soap in a long time. Why should I?? My life is one :D haha
I bought a shrimp/ crab salad I gobbled it down, it was so yummy. I looked and there was 430 calories and the 320 from this morning =750 total so far - not too bad.
I don't know Michelle something about Napoleons geekiness - kind of is a :o turn on.....lol . I need to go on a date!! It has been a year. sheesh....
Break is over!!!

Michelle
06-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Well my sister called me a little bit ago, and my mom's doctor and the insurance have approved her to be admitted into a facility in Forest Grove for two weeks. This facililty is the top of the line one for mental patient evaluations. She will have many doctors evaluating her and running tests to see what has made her start getting way worse these past couple of months. I got very upset and have been crying because I'm worried that she could be abused, because of her mouth, but my sister said the director of the assisted living home said they are wonderful there and know exactly how to deal and treat the patients. My mom is supposed to be going to an appointment with her own doctor tomorrow, and she's refusing that, and they said that she already took off on her electric chair today about lunch time and didn't know where she is again. I know she needs to go there, but it's just so hard to accept all of her problems now and had badly she has changed. I used to be able to pick her up, go out to lunch and shopping, and now I can't do any of that anymore, and it's very hard on me right now.:cry: :cry:

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 07:07 PM
I am sorry Michelle for your hurt. I am sure it is hard to have to be the caretaker for a parent. Trust that she will be in good hands for the next few weeks and lean on your sister and other family members. Maybe the facility even has a support group for family?
I wish I knew the right words to say. Just be there for her,I am sure somewhere in her thoughts she is scared of how she has changed. It must be a very confusing time for her.
Prayers for you both!
:hug: :hug: :hug:

RosieKate
06-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi y'all!

Michelle - :hug: I really hope this gets better for you soon...it is so hard to set the boundaries that you have, but you have to stick to it for the sake of your health. We are all keeping your mom in our prayers...do you think there's any way there can be a legal guardian appointed for her that's not a family member? My DH's grandma did that. In some ways it has been hard, because the family is out of the loop and the gma can be a difficult person. I think though if you asked them that they really prefer to not have to make these decisions with and for her because of their difficult relationship with her. Anyway, It just popped into my head, and I know you are most likely looking at all your options right now...you are a good daughter and don't you forget that!

Susan - your lunch sounded yummy - mine was orange popcorn balls. I make them very low fat, but still - the sugar :yikes: If I watch it for dinner, my cals are still ok for the day. I count mine too most of the time. If life just gets too busy, I switch to some kind of plan where I don't have to count. I set mine higher than you and Bep - usually around 1400 - 1600. I should get them lower ....but I just get so cranky when I cut back too much. 'course popcorn balls don't have ANYTHING to do with that eh. I didn't see Miss G at VBS today, but then I am in a different area and don't see all the preschoolers. Tell your girls I'm gonna check tomorrow, so they make sure she gets there :) We moms stick together darn it.. I put down that I wanted Leigh in a group with her...but I put your last name, not thinking that hers might be different. So she might be there but in a different group...

Jules - I hope you feel better soon....

Cristina - I used to be a soap watcher - mostly Guiding Light,,,and sometimes As the World Turns, but always a huge GL fan. Now, I can't stand to watch them, but I like to read the recaps online - go figure. So I do keep up in a way...I just think it saves time and its more fun for me to take two seconds to find out what the cliffhanger was, instead of two weeks.

BTW -Passions is weird because one of the characters was a little person who played a talking doll. Juliet Mills (remember Nanny and the Professor?) Plays a witch who casts spells on everybody. The people on this soap are just bonkers...but I guess that's what they have to do to stand out from the pack. I watched it a little when I was pregnant...

Bep - I'm a gardener as well. I love to grow things and I have lots of herbs - rosemary, lavendar, sage, bay, thyme, basil, chives, and mint. Do you grow veggies? I put in the usual lettuces and salad veggies this year, then I added some artichoke plants, eggplant and acorn squash. I also grow potatoes and garlic. I planted lots of cukes because I was tired of only getting one cucumber every year - this year I want tons! Last night we had a fresh salad and strawberries with our dinner...yum.

Hi Shawna, Kathy and Ginny ( hope you are still with us)

I went to yoga this a.m., then VBS, then worked in the yard some more. I had to pick DS up from the afternoon VBS and now I am home and POOPED. Oh - and I made the popcorn balls.

OK - James is bugging me for a turn on the computer so I will be back later!

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
ugh! I just talked to my brother! He makes me sooooo nervous!! I want an orange popcorn ball!! It will sooth my nerves!! ugh
I have the death certs and he needs them - he will come and pick them up. Trying to give directions and I am 1 block up from where my dad worked and kiddy corner where his storage was (come stalk me! I don't care! :cool: ) and where we were at a few weeks ago clearing dads stuff out. I mean..........how can he not know where I am at?? He asked me if I had an address..........*sigh*.....I guess, duh....lol
So he is on his way.....ugh.
Passions sounds kind of cool, can I be the talking doll?? lol
Missy G is playing hooky - she is a VBS drop out! lol.....I need to take her back to Gladstone tomorrow. I don't trust Rach with her - I want her outside - not stuck inside all summer.
Tell James you are talking with us!!! :D

bep
06-20-2006, 08:18 PM
Susan Yeah right...like THAT tastes like chalk! I'm not that gullible!!!
So what if I am being demanding?!!! The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so maybe if I keep squeaking we will get an updated pic of you!!! :lol: SQUEEEEEEEEAK SQUEEEEEEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!
By the way...I don't know what you see in Napoleon. He asked me out before and I turned him down FLAT!!! :p

Jules I hope you are feeling better!!!

Christina I really actually don't find it hard not to eat all the M&M's in the house. We have had them in the house for years (not the same ones obviously...I keep them filled for DH). Even when I was not trying to lose weight, I still rarely got into them. Not that I don't LOVE chocolate...I just rarely got into them...don't know why. We also keep candybars here for dh. Plus, I make brownies, cupcakes, stuff for dh & the kids. Just how things go in this house. No one has a weight problem but me. :p
By the way...I used to feel like that about water until a few weeks ago when I limited myself to 1 can of diet pepsi a day. There are some days that I don't even drink any soda. Now water tastes OK to me.

Michelle I am sorry you are having such a tough time!!!

Kate Yes...I am growing some veggies too. Let me think....peppers, cucumbers, TONS of big tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, romaine lettuce, some strawberries. I am thinking of creating more small gardens for some raspberries and more fruits. I just have to make sure I can maintain what I already have plus all my landscaping...yeah...I have a lot of landscaping front and back yard. It is a lot to do, but I LOVE working outdoors!!! It's kind of...well...addicting! Something about watching a vegetable grow that you planted from a seed...and they just plain ole' taste better too! I spent a lot of time out there this afternoon. And there is something about seeing people slow down and look at your landscaping as they drive by.

Mom2Gaby
06-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Bep Cruel!!! Why would you turn Napoleon down??? ugh,,,,that must have hurt him. :bb: I use to never have standards and married every guy that asked me. lol After Mike though I chilled and put up my teether ball until Napoleon came along.........he is IT for me and I would NEVER turn him down. *sigh*.....we could put a light on our teether pole and play all night ............. (psssssst, does that sound wrong?? lol)
It taste like whip cream chalk - ick- barf - nasty stuff - lol ....
I will have to develop the pictures first Bep and I am garnished til August. I really don't have any money *sniff* so it might be awhile *darn* for me to post a recent picture. :D

I am going home!!! yay....taking Gaby for a walk and get some color back into her. poor thing!

bep
06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Oh wow...I can tell I haven't been out walking for a few days! It was a little more tough than normal. :p I am glad I did it though. I did better on my cals today...1200. At least I was not waaaaaay under like I was yesterday. Have a great night everyone!

chickiemama67
06-21-2006, 12:28 AM
hi yall,
sorry i havent been able to post all day, i have been up in one of the pigeon forge stores helping get it in order. the last manager left a big ole mess. so anyway i left the house this morning at 5:30 am and got home at 10:45 pm. i am beat!! and i have to go back up again tomorrow and work who knows how long again................it will be worth it in the long run im just really tired. so off to bed i go.
hugs,
shawna

Trixie14
06-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Hello everyone!

Mom2Gaby invited me here, so I figured I'd come see what it is all about! You all seem real nice and I'm hoping to get to know you better in future posts! :) I'm just stopping in to say hi right now, but I will be back! :D

Mom2Gaby
06-21-2006, 12:00 PM
:welcome2: Trixie I think we are nice and all the ladies here are supportive. You are a very pretty young lady by your avatar. When I was reading some of your postings I could relate. Not because we are both............pretty <roll eyes> (lol - I am waking up!! grrrr )but because of some of self image thoughts. Welcome :)

Shawna What is pigeon forge stores? I thought this was a part time job?? You are always working! Miss you here chatting .

Bep You are so neat, I enjoy your post! I might change the avatar again. I will work on getting a more current pictures of moi. :D

Good Morning! I walked last night with Gaby for 1/2 a mile. Not much -it was once around the park. It was so nice and felt good just to move instead of sit. Rach (my almost 15 year old) rode her bike for an hour. She inspired me! I thought that was really great.
I had a bowl of rice a roni for dinner. I don't know how many calories but think I hoovered around the 1200 mark. Took Gaby to the sitter and stopped at McDonalds for a mcmuffin. Does anyone know how many calories?? Can't be much. I need to run and get a water bottle from the vending machine.

Good Morning to you all!! Michelle :hug: to you! Jules Hope you are feeling better! Did you make it to work?? Shel You are always welcome to jump in! :)

Mom2Gaby
06-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Some helpful tips: :hungry:

Prepare your food at home, as much as possible.
This workes best where you are the queen :queen: in your little palace (called Kitchen by some humans) and I'm in charge!
Beside losing weight, you'll become a great cook... I can tell you people appreciate this a lot!
The food you prepare must be delicious, so you can eat it with pleasure. Plus, you won't feel the "burden" of a diet...
Not to mention you'll save serious money for cooking at home!
Cooking is great, can be fun! Spend more time with your family... Get some books, if you don't have any!
Don't give me the... "I'm too busy" line! We all are! Make time for your health!
Be careful when shopping... because
YOU make the selections when you buy! Be wise! Have a shopping list prepared...
YOU might be tempted to eat whatever it's in the fridge... so be careful what YOU put inside...
If you dine out... then YOU must make wise food choices.
Avoid junk food, don't give yourself excuses like "there was nothing else available".
Allmost all places have veggies salads, steaks, fruits, broths. YOU just have to order them.

jules1216
06-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Hi girls!! I am back at work and it's finally lunch time!! WW frozen cuisine for me!! I did sneak over to the snack bar and got a pack of chocolate - chocolate chip cookies--tom is the only time I crave chocolate!! Doing good on my water consumption!!

All this talk about soaps made me think back to the babysitter I had from 6 weeks old until I was 10 and could stay at the house with my 12 year old brother. Here goes from 12:00-12:30 it was the first half hour of Young & The Restless (side note on that one-my DH had a thing for Nicki), then at 1:00 the channel the channel turned to Days of Our Lives (side note--I had a thing for the original Dr Mike Horton who later played Jared on the Pretender Series) then on to Another World (my friend used to call my step mother Felicia Gallant--they could have been twins) and finally to The Doctors which was replaced later by General Hospital (loved Dr Noah Drake -Rick Springfield!!) My mom and brother tape Days of Our Lives to watch but I don't keep up anymore.

Welcome Trixie!!

Ginny--I am sitting here drinking a 20 oz water with Crystal Light Peach Tea to go and thinking of you!!

SuzyQ--my son says to tell you "to vote for Pedro!!"-- do I have that right??

Bep--I craved peanut m & m's when I was pregnant with my DS but could live without them at any other time.

Katy--VBS sounds fun, but I know it will make you tired.

Shawna--Hi there--Isn't Dollywood in Pigeon Forge? Kids used to go there with their grandparents in the summer.

Crisitina--where are you??

Sassy--did we scare you off??

Michelle ma belle--it's easier to say that we will not worry and be able to take a step back from a situation than to actually do it. I am a really big worrier--I worry when everythings fine and there's nothing to worry about.
Hope your Mom gets settles without too much more stress for you and your sister.

Bep--I sometimes wonder if eating too few calories is as bad as not enough!!

well I gotta go!!

Mom2Gaby
06-21-2006, 03:10 PM
:) Jules I am glad you are well enough to be back at work! Maybe it is the weather/ server /lightening:rain: problems that is keeping it so quiet today?
I like Y & the R too. I liked the Traci/Danny storyline. I wish they would have stayed together. I liked Noah from GH - I also liked Ray, the gangster that Bobbie loved....:o

Yes, Vote for Pedro! It is so funny when Napoleon asked what Pedro is going to do for the girl and Pedro replies " I am going to bake her a cake". :hb: ...haha, funny stuff - course I am warped.
Thinking of lunch and need to get up and walk. I sit too much...:(

catch you all in a bit!

jules1216
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
There was also an Irish gangster type guy with slicked back black hair on GH--I can't remember his name but he was fine!! DS's girlfriend says each time they watch Napoleon it gets funnier.

Well DD and her friend got a place right off campus--they will be able to walk to school--now she will find out just how much her brother did for her letting her move into his apartment with no rent. All she paid was electric and phone. Now she will have half of everything plus her car insurance, gas and cell phone. DS's girlfriend moves in with him officially on August 1. They are going to stay in his place until they find something bigger that they can keep his cat. DD can take her dog to her new place--she's happy about that. One of DS's gf's friend may move into the second bedroom temporarily--will help DS & his gf to be able to save more. DS gets along well with her--she's got the same kind of quirky sense of humor both my kids have. He says as long as it's not Misty which is a friend of both his gf & my DD. We had the airheaded Chrissy Snow conversation and this girl was the one I was talking about.

bep
06-21-2006, 04:21 PM
Susan...that little innocent mcmuffin from McD's was 450 calories 28 grams of fat for the sausage one...300 calories 12 grams of fat for the canadian bacon one. :lol: I have this cool website I use to find the nutritional value of ANYTHING...http://www.nutritiondata.com/.

Trixie WELCOME!!!!!!!!! I pretty much hang out here on this thread so I don't know much about you. Would you mind giving me your 'story'? I thought about looking at your previous posts to get to know you better, but when I saw how many posts you have I decided I would never get through them all! :lol: If you have a link or don't mind copying and pasting to this thread, I would love to read your story!

Jules...I have to agree that not eating enough cals is as bad as eating too many. The day I dropped to 775 was an accident. 1200 is the minimum I am supposed to go. If I feel like my body 'needs' more (usually the day after having a lot of exercise) I will bump it up by 100 or 200 cals. If I don't bump it up, I will feel yucky and lethargic. I have been thinking of changing my 1200/day diet to a 1300 or 1400/day diet as the 'norm', but I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. Just something I have been mulling over lately. I just want to make sure that I am not trying to get an excuse to eat more cals. Anyway...just considering it.

Kate I have been thinking about growing garlic. Do you have to keep them in a different area from the other veggies or can they be right in your garden? Do you start from seeds or another way? I have never seen garlic in a garde before so wouldn't even know where to begin with that one. But I LOVE garlic!!!!

bep
06-21-2006, 04:26 PM
By the way Susan...I notice the healthy choice of avatars! :lol: I was just joking...you can put junk food in your avatar...but I am going to blame you for lack of weight loss!!! :lol: Oh well....ANYTHING is better than Nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

Mom2Gaby
06-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Scorpio?? He was Australian though - hung out with Luke. Irish??:lucky: hmmm, Tony?? He was sooooooo cute! He went to Santa Barbara soap, I think he was Italian though. You have me stumped on an Irish one!
Your daughter sounds like she is going to have so much fun at school! My sis emailed me that they have internet access on campus while doing laundry - kewl....lol
k- going for a break!

Mom2Gaby
06-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Bep Were you around any of the lightening?? (yes, I will take this info and stalk you..lol)...ewww a little fruit bug just went up my nose....ewwww.
Anyway, thanks for the link! 450 calories?? It was really small....you sure?? It was sausage....28 grams of fat *&^%$ ok, I can deal. I enjoyed it if that is counting for anything! lol :T ok,,,,,,,that just stopped me from going to get a bagel...
I found this cute Nap avatar with a flashing GOSH with some tots....can I do that one?? It was kind of small though.....I love tatar tots....and so does my sweetie! lol
ok, now for something to munch!

bep
06-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Was lightening the reason that 3fc was down almost all morning long? I finally gave up trying to get on this morning. :p Yeah...I think just about everyone had lightening today.

FrouFrou
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Hello Ladies...

Busy day today...I so wanted to sleep in too! Maybe tomorrow...naw...if it's not raining I have to go for my walk at the park otherwise I turn to the dreaded treadmill. I like it, but it is too easy to quit in the middle of a walk. Anyway...got a lot done today and the day isn't over yet. Went for a walk, mowed the backyard for V (looks like it's going to start raining anytime so thought I would get it done before it does), went to It Figures and then went and bought groceries at Target. I wanted to wander through the store and look at things but ran out of time. Needed to get home and put the groceries up and get some laundry done. Now I am ready for bed! Can't though...when V gets home we are headed to Lowe's, oh joy!

SUSAN...WTG on getting a walk in! :bravo: And a mcmuffin won't kill ya once in a while...just not too often. Thanks for the tips :thanks: Okay, I know the apple is healthy but the drink was more pleasing to the eye, lol. How do you ladies remember all the people from the soaps? Geez, I remember some of them but others, no clue. Susan, the Edge of Night wasn't creepy. Maybe you are thinking of Dark Shadows...that one was weird but I do remember watching it, lol. That was a looooong time ago.

JULES...sounds like DD is doing good...glad to hear that. Hope she had a Happy Birthday, and glad that you are feeling better.

KATY...orange popcorn balls? And you didn't share with us? :( I've not had a popcorn ball since, I actually don't know when. :dunno: Been way too long. I think I'll just call you and Bep Martha 1 and Martha 2. I would love to have a garden but we don't have a big enough yard. I did grow some tomatoes one year though.

BEP...good for you...there's no way I could keep candy around unless it is something I don't like, lol. I too like working in the yard but we don't have a lot. We like things kind of plain and simple. Although plain and simple still takes a lot of work, a lot of clipping and weeding.

MICHELLE...sorry about to hear about your mom. I do hope they can figure out what is wrong, and soon. It's hard staying out of it but sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. And if it is really hard and stressful on you, in the end it will make it all worse. You do need to take care of you sweetie. ((((((HUGS)))))):hug:

WELCOME TRIXIE! Glad to have ya here and looking forward to getting to know you. :welcome:

Hi SHAWNA!...you are one busy lady! Reminds me of DS when they had him going all over...he was doing things that the district manager was supposed to be doing but had him do. I don't think I would ever be a manager after seeing what he went through...all the hours worked, cleaning others messes, etc. That's why it has taken him so long to get his Bachelors degree...kept getting sidetracked with and putting work first.

Well, I had a stinking surprise visit from TOM! No wonder I was moody...haven't had a visit from TOM in ages and I was really liking it. Well, seems this one is going to make up for all missed, bummer. Can't remember the last time I had cramps like this. Another reason I want to go to bed. Anyway...better get going ladies. V will be home in about 15 mns and I need to get the clothes put in the dryer. I will try to get back on tonight but not sure.

Take care and have a wonderful day!

Mom2Gaby
06-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Bep I am in Oregon and I didn't have lightening. I think 3fc was directly hit and down for a couple hours....now back to regular programing. :smoking: I haven't watched soaps for years Cristi. I don't know how I remember. I use to watch the whole ABC line up.....( I skipped Edge - though my sister liked it) Ryans Hope, All My Children, One Life and General Hospital. Wandered for SB and Y & R....oh! Days of Our Lives.....Tony was on that one...so cute. I think he was on GH too.

Anyway, I am failing fast, I am pooped. I have to go get the girls for an appt and the sitter is bringing Gaby in to town so I don't have to go out there. I had a cup of potato salad for lunch - it was in the fridge, I skipped the fried chicken!

Where are you Kathy? :shrug:

bep
06-21-2006, 05:48 PM
KATY...orange popcorn balls? And you didn't share with us? :( I've not had a popcorn ball since, I actually don't know when. :dunno: Been way too long. I think I'll just call you and Bep Martha 1 and Martha 2. I would love to have a garden but we don't have a big enough yard. I did grow some tomatoes one year though.

UGH!!! No thanks on the Martha nickname! I have never liked her. :p Way too shallow with no personality. I have never enjoyed watching her even before her whole 'ordeal'. Maybe it dates back to when I was about 23 and bought a bunch of her nice towels and they fell apart. I had towel pillage all over for weeks until I finally threw them out and bought a different brand. They were so bad they even started getting threadbare in places in the few short weeks I had them. Frustrating. No...I didn't like her before that either. Hope any die-hard Martha fans out there don't hate me now. :^: I think she is probably a brilliant business woman (despite what she did), but I would HATE to know her in person. I am more of the 'Rachel Ray' kind of person (even though I know she doesn't do all domestic stuff). Just more her personality type than Martha's.

Anyway...boy...that was quite a ramble. OK...you can pretty much call me whatever you want as long as it isn't late for dinner.

Mom2Gaby
06-21-2006, 07:34 PM
I know Bep but do you like Martha or not?? Kind of unclear...hehe.
I am doing my child support...seeing if I am getting a check...lala pressing 1 and pressing 1 again. Says I get $244 a month - haha.....pressing 2 now...last payment is May 24th amount is $15.00.....blah.
grrrrrrr.
ok, I need to go pick up the girls for *counseling* and get Gaby. Getting tons done so feel good about that.
Hope to get a walk in tonight.Need to work on more water intake though - lousy in that area.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to all!!

jules1216
06-21-2006, 08:10 PM
SuzyQ--I think the guy on GH I liked was named Duke--I could be wrong though but I think he and the Australian guy always fought over the same two women......

Bep--I like Rachael Ray better myself though my hubby thinks her voice is annoying--what does he know...he likes Martha better...well actually he likes the little Italian thing that does the Italian cooking show..you know the one that shows cleavage...hubby is such a guy sometimes.....

Trixie--I agree tell us more, tell us more...

Katy--I'd like to find a yoga class--you really seem to be enjoying yours and sticking with it, I am thinking I need to up the calories--what I am doing is not working!!

Michelle ma belle--hope your doing okay!!

Cristina--Your doing so good with the It Figures--I need to get back on track with my Slim-N-Tone. I've been really bad. I am so tired some nights I don't even sometimes even turn on the computer....

Hey Shawna--hope your not working too hard!!

A guy at work was really nasty today...hubby says he will go beat him up for me if I want...I said I want but he better not..hubby will go to jail and we will both be fired....

bep
06-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Jules I like watching Giada also. And Paula...and Michael...and Emeril...etc, etc, etc...:lol: I LOVE to watch cooking shows. I am a chef 'wanna be'. I love to create new recipes and experiment. I LOVE to entertain. If I didn't have children and I were 'out' in the working world, I would probably become a chef, start my own restaurant with items I create, or own a bed-n-breakfast and do most of the cooking. My family is my biggest priority at this point in my life. I do think ahead to when they are all grown and out of the house though...but I DON'T want to rush these precious years with my children. Whoa nellie...I seriously rabbit trailed again!

bep
06-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Wow...today I was sooooo hungry all day long. :p I ended up eating a total of 1480 cals. I did get in a very fast 45 minute walk outside though. Maybe I really should consider raising my cals to 1400. Then if I have days where I am really not needing to eat as much, I can just drop to 1200. My fear is that I will not lose weight on 1400 cals. I have barely been losing any weight on 1200 as is! What are all of your thoughts??? I would sincerely appreciate your opinions on this.

chickiemama67
06-22-2006, 12:24 AM
susan, i am the manager for a store called rack room shoes, i work 50-55 hours a week. i went up to another store that is in pigeon forge tn to help clean it up after another manager had quit and left it a mess. 2 back to back 15 hour days, but the store is immaculate now.
jules, yes dollywood is in pigeon forge, and yes i was working too hard lol
cristina, i have been a manager now for 12 years. i am one that my regional mgr will call on to go help out at other stores. in turn, i usually get an extra day off or two and taken out for dinner lol. its really not that bad, just a few days of long hours.
well im off to bed, have to be at my store at 6 am.
hugs,
shawna

RosieKate
06-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Good morning!
Sorry I missed out yesterday...just a real busy day. Today I slept in and missed yoga so here I am with a little extra time to post. VBS is going well, but it makes for a very busy day. Yesterday, I took Leigh to the toy store and then we went to Taco Time ( aack) I did ok with my choices as the veggie burrito was on sale. I ended up with 1780 cals for the day...not low enough, but will try to clamp down on them today.

Bep- for garlic, just take some leftover cloves ( preferably organic) and plant them in the fall. I plant them the same time as the potatoes. In June or July whent the shoots start looking like they are dying, I start pulling up the cloves. Last year I missed some, and they came back this year..now that's low maintenance gardening! As far as your calories, they look fine to me...it is true though that if they are too low, you could stall out as your body starts holding onto all its extra weight 'cause it thinks its starving. This may be too personal, so just slap me if it is ;) but if you are nursing, that can play a part too. Anyway, when I can do it 1400 seems to be the magic number for me, but I have a hard time with it when I exercise alot.

BTW - I'm no Martha fan either...don't think she would approve of my backyard, with the big dirt pile ( from remodeling) and all the toys I never put away 'cause no one sees them but us ( very private backyard).

Susan- Thank you for the lovely card - that was very sweet of you :) Too bad about Gaby and VBS, but it sounds like she will be happier being able to play outside with her sister. I know you're broke, but there is a big consignment sale in Milwaukie this weekend...Saturday everything will be 50% off... if you want the link to the website let me know....it's all kid stuff up to size 12.

Shawna - glad Pigeon Forge went well...I would go nuts in a shoe store. I love shoes and have to restrain myself from spending too much on them.

Jules - Well I slept in today and missed my 6am yoga...but generally I do like it and am enjoying 2-3 classes a wekk, Yoga ab exercises are the best! My DH was commenting that my stretch marks are starting to fade a little, and my waist is more defined...thank you yoga abs

Hi to Cristina, Kathy, and Welcome Trixie...will bbl to chat with you ...have to go, everyone is waking up!

bep
06-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Katy Nope...I don't feel that's too personal at all! I am not nursing now. My youngest is now 17 months old.
Thanks for the garlic tip! I am going to try to remember to plant some this fall. I use a TON of garlic. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Which means it is probably a good thing that I grow parsley and mint! :lol:

Hello to everyone!!! Hmmm...things are a a tad more quiet here than normal. Where is our gabby Susan??? Jules??? Michelle? Our newbie Trixie??? All the rest of you?

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 12:18 PM
grrrrr, good morning!
I am here Bep!! I need to run back to my car though and get my starbucks.....so I can chat, chat,chat....and multi task with posting. haha

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 12:53 PM
I just lost my post!!

So mad.:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

Katy - Gaby went to the ex's today. I am thinking of just moving to the sitters area since I can't afford this cummute. Course I can't afford anything at the moment...lol I can't even afford 50% off......and I am a woman!! I need to buy something!! sad, sad, sad.... you are welcome for the card :)

Bep - I feel bloated today!! ......just wanted to share...lol

Shawna - I thought you were part time. Just always working!! You are the Energizer Bunny!

Jules - Duke?? Not Luke?? I dunno....stumped - must have been after I stopped watching. You feeling ok today??

Michelle - HUGS

Trixie - How are you today?

Shel - Hope you are well and doing good :)

Cristi - Morning!!

Ginny - come chat!

kathy - sending the posse after you!!:D

Did I miss anyone?? Hope not.....need to get to work now!! Chat in a bit.

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 12:59 PM
oops, forgot to talk about myself <roll eyes> .....can't do that...lol

Walked 2 miles last night!!! yay Did 2 loads of laundry!! yay and Gaby watched Land Before Time while I cleaned some.....yay,yay....and ,,,,,,I got to bed by 9 pm!! yay...and the Maintenance Crew is here today in the building for a training!! You know how many MALES that is???? a lot....-lol- my favorite one I hope is going to be here - course he is so smart he is probably doing the training ....*sigh*....

anyway, I gotta go....and - ugh.....*&^%$ work....chat later!

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I am bored. I guess I will take a break and go purchase some treats for a meeting. I never keep track of the receipts , I am always having to call and ask for a copy weeks later. I made 2 purchases this month and went looking in my wallet last night....and they were gone already! ugh.....what a pain.
chat later,,,,,,,at least the maintenance staff is showing up!! Need some excitment in my life...and hawaii guy called and is planning a trip to another island...made me annoyed as I sit here broke....bad attitude?? probably....need to work my way out of it!!

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
:gossip: :gossip: :gossip: :gossip: :gossip: :gossip:

WhatEVER. I can chat with myself, you know I can! :goodluck:

So, anyway Susan, I went to Traders Joes and picked up some delish cranberry/ oatmeal dunkers, white popcorn and corn chips w/ salsa for the meeting. Only $12.00 - accounting can't whine about that. I asked about a receipt that I had lost and Checker Chick didn't know. Fine , I will call.

Picked myself up a greek salad and albacore tuna. Went to put in our kitchen, opened up the fridge and what was there???? omg - the fried chicken that was there Monday. :chicken:..........I didn't touch it on Monday because it belonged to someone but now it is Thursday and I figure..............it is forgotten. It was SCREAMING my name and begging me to EAT it.....otherwise it will spoil....and no one can enjoy it if that happens.. .....*sigh* what I do to save chicken.
I ate some, not much....2 bites from a leg.....and I threw the rest in the garbage and walked away from the bag left in the fridge.

I thought I did good. I looked in the full length mirror and I don't look bad ..:encore: .....anyway....I better get going....and amuse myself with work. :yikes:

bep
06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
You are such a little punk! :lol: :lol: :lol: I am glad you were enjoying your own conversation.

Who is "Hawaii guy"? Is it some kind of Nap joke or is it a real person?

I can't believe you ate chicken that has been sitting in a fridge since Monday!!! YUCKY!!!! I won't eat cooked food that has been sitting in the fridge for more than 2 days. I am SERIOUSLY anal about food safety. DH laughes at me about it...but I can't help it. :p

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Bep
So, you decided to check in , eh?? Yes, I enjoy my own conversation. We argue at times but always make up. Though that Susan can be a little tart at times but don't tell her that. haha
Hawaii Guy is a real man :o Sheesh Bep.....lol
He is someone I have known for eons (6 years) we met in a parenting group on line in 2000. We met 2 years ago November when I went for a visit. He adores me!!!:flow1: <eyes roll> lol ,,,and he visited last July here in oregon. We have talked about me coming over in Oct for a visit with Gaby. lala...that is the only romance I have in my life.

We still have eggs and hashbrowns in there from 2 months ago. No one comes and cleans up their own mess. I am sure no one remembers the chicken....bunch of lazy workers!! Not like me....lol
It was gooooood chicken Bep......no fuzz or icky odors yet.
I do the 5 second rule too if food falls on the floor and as long as the garbage sack hasn't been closed yet.....anything in the garbage is up for grabs too.

:comp: :yikes:

lol

You are invited for dinner any time Bep!!! :hungry:

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 04:41 PM
A weight loss prayer....

Dear God,
I admit that I have come to both love
and hate the word "diet."
On the one hand, it represents hope for change.
On the other, it's like a sign flashing "Failure ahead!"
I don't want to embark on another faulty plan, Lord.
I want to embark on a journey with You
that is led by You and depends on Your power.
I can do nothing on my own!
Show me the path that will enable me to change.
Show me, as only You can,
what works for me, what is healthy for me.
I want to think of this venture in positive terms, Lord--
not that I am signing up to be miserable or in want.
I want to learn to feed my body what it truly needs when it truly needs it.
And to feed my soul with the Bread of Life--You!
Today I place my future, my failures, my setbacks,
all of my hopes and plans into Your hands.
There alone will I find meaning
and true success in my life.
Amen.

FrouFrou
06-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Hiya ladies :wave:

Feeling all bloated myself Susan. Bloated and crampy...ick, TOM is the PITS for sure! That damn Eve, just had to eat that apple didn't she?

SUSAN...that is just gross, ICK! I am picturing fuzzy chicken legs, eeewwww! Of course the eggs and hashbrowns don't sound so great either. So how is the Rock doing anyway? Speaking of Napoleon...don't be a hater now...but I saw him last night and he was lookin' kind of cute! I watched that movie with him and Reese Witherspoon...can't even think of the name of it, darn. But he was cute in it, even cuter than in Napoleon Dynamite. I can't believe he is in his 30's. WTG on the walking! :cp: :carrot: All those red smilies lined up like that look like the Rockettes dancing, lol.

BEP...I too am not a fan of Martha, never have been. Can't stand her monotone self...voice is irritating to me. But I have watched some of her shows and the woman is pretty crafty, and a good cook.

KATY...glad VBS is going well. And WTG on your NSV! :cp: :bravo: Nothing better than DH noticing!

SHAWNA...DS was a manager for almost 6 years, not at the same place but he couldn't take it anymore. So now is working part-time at Target as a cashier (because no one else will hire him) while he goes to school full-time. He's tried to get out of retail but with the hours he needs to work that is about the only thing that fits his schedule. But kuddos to you and anyone working in retail as a manager, or working retail period. But a shoe store...think I would spend most of my check buying them, lol. Hopefully you get a break soon. How's the moving coming along? Sorry, can't remember if you mentioned when you were moving.

JULES...I feel I have to go to It Figures...think that is the main reason I joined. I knew if I were paying for it I would go. I have an exercise room at home but it just sits there. I use the treadmill when it rains and I can't walk outdoors. But since joining IF the weights just sit there. I'm hoping that after a year of paying to work out that it will keep me going and I will use the equipment at home then, on a regular basis. Totally understand though...you work all day and I know the last thing anyone wants to do is go home and relax...and you've not been feeling so great lately so...you probably just need to take it easy right now. You'll get back to Slim-N-Tone soon. How are you feeling today by the way? Better I hope.

MICHELLE...anymore news on your mom? What about you, how are you doing? Check in when you can, we miss you when you're not here. :hug:

HI GINNY...we miss you as well. Hope you are well too.

Well, I am getting something done today. Had errands to run and then got on the computer and signed on here and remembered I had some things to do online before I started reading and posting. Forgot to order checks and we are almost out, oops! Waiting for clothes to dry to finish my laundry and was cleaning up puke this morning from Ernie dog. Not sure why but when he gets stressed he gets sick. Doesn't happen often but in the last week we've had several thunderstorms and those always kill him. Anyway, got it cleaned with some carpet cleaning stuff I bought when we had the carpet cleaned a few months ago...it works GREAT! I need to go get him some doggy tranquilizers for the fourth...another thing that stresses him out. He freaks when he hears the fireworks, poor doggy. Anyway...

Today is my free day. Was going to walk and then remembered that I do take a day off, just from the exercise/walking. Still getting the water in and the vitamins and must say I have done pretty good with it. I know I should drink more water but...figure 4 bottles is better than nothing. And I have been doing it for 2 1/2 months now which is awesome for me! I will start a challenge and do good and then once the challenge is over that's it. But no challenge this time...just getting it in my head to drink that water. Going to watch Munich later and possibly Brokeback Mountain. Rented movies last Friday and then have to be returned tomorrow. Watched the Heaven one last night, Weatherman a few days ago and then that one with Harrison Ford-it was pretty good. Weatherman was a little boring but there were some funny parts. And that's about all I have.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having or trying to have a great day! :sunny:

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Cristi Napoleon is cute , isn't he?? I like him best in the orange afro but I will take him anyway I can get him. I ain't picky.
I am sure the chicken is fine - maybe it was Tuesday I saw it in there instead of Monday, I don't remember. The dunker cookie had 170 calories. I did eat one. Co worker lady on WW said it would be worth 4 points so she passed on that. I bought another greek salad - 320 calorie , I think.
60 oz water so far today! yay
anyway, Rocky is good. Soooooo laid back , annoys me. lol His son got elected to the All Star team and if they win their island they go to Maui- so he is thinking ahead and planning where he is going to stay. If they end up in the mainland it would be California....though they have had it here in Oregon out at the Albenrose.
Are you drinking water?? That might help flush our systems Cristi :D RAch was cursing Eve yesterday - lol
The ex called and said rach and Gaby have been taking a nap for 3 hours now - they must have been tired. All the traveling back and forth wears Gaby out. She had dark circles under her eyes the other day.

anyway, going to fill my water bottle up again!:p

jules1216
06-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Katy--always nice to be complimented by the DH!!! There are some places I could take yoga in Hagerstown where I work but I ride to and from work with DH--his car is a gas hog!!

Shawna--my DD couldn't work in a shoe store--she'd be owing the company money on payday--she definitely has a thing for shoes....

SuzyQ--Luke never did it for me....I couldn't eat that leftover chicken--you are a braver girl than me!! I took a food bourne illness certification class--so I am the one that usually cleans out the work fridge--people get made cause I post when I am cleaning it out and warn them that I don't open closed containers--they go straight in the trash...

Bep--I love garlic myself--Do you need alot of sunshine to grow it??

Cristina--I blame Adam -- if he would have been beside Eve instead of doing who knows what--she wouldn't have been tempted and we wouldn't have the curse!!

Michelle ma belle--where are you!!

Trixie--how are you today!!

Ginny--miss your morning posts!!

Going to the doctors tomorrow to see if I can get something for the stress--don't want chest pains again!! Maybe he will tell me I need to lose weight and give me a magic pill!!! Yes I know--I am dreaming -- there are no magic pills or we'd all be skinny!!

bep
06-22-2006, 07:59 PM
Jules...I don't know if it needs a lot of sunshine or not...haven't had my try at them yet. Maybe Katy can answer that one?

bep
06-22-2006, 08:02 PM
by the way...have any of you tried the spinach tortillas or the tomato basil tortillas? They are lower fat than regular tortillas, taste even better, and are made of healthy things. I have been eating them lately and LOVE them!

jules1216
06-22-2006, 08:18 PM
by the way...have any of you tried the spinach tortillas or the tomato basil tortillas? They are lower fat than regular tortillas, taste even better, and are made of healthy things. I have been eating them lately and LOVE them!

I love all the different tortillas too--I think it was someone on one of these threads that gave me idea to heat a wheat one up spread on some peanut butter and roll a banana up in it--very yum!! I have it for breakfast every now and then.

Mom2Gaby
06-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Jules - I have had chest pains too at times. It is usually when I am anxious or overtired. Though at times I think with my history of an eating disorder I am going to die young.
I really thought I was going to die a couple times during the week of my fathers death. I would wake up with a feeling I had stopped breathing.......or sometimes I will be trying to sleep and it is like the room is spinning and I can't breathe,,,,,<roll eyes> maybe I should go to the doctor?? I haven't been in 4 years. lol

I will be thinking of you tomorrow!! We need to think of some fun relaxing things to take care of ourselves. btw - I saw your brother 7 all star - what is that?

The tortillas sound yummy Bep.

I walked 2 miles! I ate some veggies and chicken .....a roaster.

Going to take Gaby home and relax. Happy tomorrow is Friday! It was a fast week. Thinking of joining CURVES, there is one right up the road. Just a thought. I feel so stuck at the moment. Life is going so fast and I can't seem to focus on losing weight.

{{Michelle}} still thinking of you and your mother!

Hope you all have a good evening!

RosieKate
06-22-2006, 11:15 PM
Bep and Jules - garlic is soooo easy...just put the cloves in the ground and ignore them for 6 months! You can do pretty much the same thing with potatoes....I love to garden,lol!

Susan and Jules - I have had issues with chest pains before and invariably it turns out to be heartburn...last time I went to the doc for it, I was put on two weeks of a Prilosec before bedtime...seemed to do the trick...and if it hadn't I was told to go right back in to get checked out for something else. Also need to cut out things like alcohol and heavy foods you know the drill...

Bep - I had a wrap in a spinach tortilla when we were in Ashland - I really liked it.

Hey Michelle - thinking of you and your mom...hope everyone is ok

night night sleep tight everyone

bep
06-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Just checking in for a minute. I walked 5.2 miles tonight in 1hr 28 min. I am SOOOOOOOOORE!!! I wanted to walk a little extra today because I won't get to walk tomorrow night. I have company coming tomorrow and they will be here late.

Chat with you all tomorrow!

RosieKate
06-23-2006, 10:00 AM
good job, bep! Have you looked into volkswalking (www.ava.org)..They are 10ks - non competitive. I used to do those walks all the time with a group of friends. You don't have to be a member, you can just show up and "free walk" as they call it. I liked it because it got me out of the house and out of my neighborhood to walk.

This week has been an exercise washout for me...VBS just seems to be taking up too much time and I'm too tired. Today is the last day, so I hope to stick to the program for the next week...til we go out of town again ( this time to my mom's for the 4th)

Have a great day everyone

my mantra today "portion control....portion contol...portion control"

Mom2Gaby
06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
:bravo: Bep!!! awww, you inspire me to get off my butt!!! I walked 2 miles :D this morning.

I was reading in the paper on one lady that walked 8 miles a day in 2 hours. Didn't say if she was losing though - she was 180 pounds. Did you read that in the paper Katy?? It is in the living section weekly on healthy living articles.

anyway, good morning. Need to go get me a new water bottle and settle in for work.

Good Morning Katy and everyone else!!!

Michelle
06-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi Everyone -- I'm sorry I've been MIA for a few days, but I've been very very down with the situation of my mom, and I've just not felt like doing anything, including the computer. I know everyone keeps telling me that I need to put myself first, and believe me I'm trying very hard, but all I've done for the past three days is cry and be very depressed. I haven't spoke with my mom in over a week, and I haven't seen her in over two weeks. Her doctor and insurance have approved her to go to a facility that has a mental ward, and she will be there for up to two weeks. When she's there, she will be tested and evaluated by mental doctors and other specialists, to see if there is any medication that can help her, and what is her medical condition that has changed her mental status so drastically in the past couple of months. I just find myself constantly thinking of all the times I used to be able to take her out, and how now, I can't even have any contact with her, because she's taking herself away from all family. I'm hoping to get back on plan soon and get back to WATP too. Luckily I haven't gained any weight, but then again, I've had such an upset stomach this week that I haven't hardly been eating. Thank you everyone for thinking of me, and just know I'm thinking of all of you too and will be back soon!:grouphug:

Mom2Gaby
06-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Michelle - it is really nice to see you post! We have all missed you!! :hug: hugs to you !!!

I am close to tears....*whispering* doug called ranting about the girls and not being able to handle them.....same ole same old. After a few minutes I said " I hear you, I need to focus on work though. I am just being mentally able to start moving again. He starts about bills and $$$$ and I am stressed on that as it is.....so, I don't know who hung up in who....I just put the phone away so I wouldn't hear. I just hate Gaby being there if he can't cope.

anyway,
seriously think I need to take my fathers money and move to be closer to the sitter......at least I can count on her and I wouldn't have that commute.

Now I feel distracted......*&^%##

FrouFrou
06-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Good morning ladies...

So frustrated today...for some reason I got on the scales, ugh! and it showed a gain of 1.5 pounds! :yikes: I swear it seems the more I try tolose weight the worse it gets! I have been working my butt off and for what??? Geez louise. I thought since I've not lost a pound in 2 1/2 months of working out, (well almost 2 1/2...will be that next week) I thought I would try skipping a meal a day. Now tell me how I could gain 1.5 pounds if I cut my calories and increased my walking? UGH! :tantrum: :tantrum: It's driving me :crazy: that I know I am doing good and it all seems like it is for nothing. Okay, end of rant.

BEP...I've not tried those tortilla's yet. I was tempted to get some once but stuck with the wheat ones, those are good. WTG on your walking!

{{{MICHELLE}}}...I can only imagine how frustrating and stressful it is. I wish I was there to give you hugs in person but know that we are here for you. And please, try to take care of yourself. I know that is easier said than done. :hug: :hug:

JULES...hope the doc can give you something for the stress. Was going to mention prilosec but Katy beat me to it. DD takes it also once in a while. She had really bad chest pains and we thought it was her heart. I had taken her to school one morning and right when she was about to get out she grabbed her chest and couldn't breath. I went straight to the emergency room and they did all kinds of tests on her heart. Thank god it wasn't. She still will have them once in a while but not like she used to. Anyway...good luck at the docs today. And yes, I too blame Adam, lol!

Hiya KATY...is today the last day for VBS? Maybe you can get back on track with the exercise once it is over.

SUSAN...yes, he is cute! Love the blue eyes! Boy, Rach and Gaby must have been tired. And yes, I am getting that water drank. It may not be enough but 4 bottles a day is about all I can take. I honestly don't see how anyone can drink more...I feel so bloated when I drink that much, ick. I might add another bottle whether I like it or not in a day or two. V is laid back to, or used to be, lol. I think I ruined him, lol! Actually, he still is...never lets anything bother him. WTG on Kris making the all stars! Maybe he will make it to the mainland and while in CA will visit you.

Anyway, not sure what I am doing today, probably just clean house, actually straighten the house and vacuum. Not much else to do...I am going to go look up some places online for volunteer work. I'm sure it will mess up my exercise routine but I feel I need to get out and do something with myself other than walk and go to It Figures. I always said that I wouldn't let trying to lose weight consume my life and it is. I know I need to be healthy and I need to lose weight but there is more to life than all that.

FrouFrou
06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
{{{SUSAN}}}sounds like Doug was having a moment. What does he expect you to do? I mean you are doing your share. Maybe it would be better to move closer to the sitter. I know you had your share of stress does he not think about that? It's not like you aren't doing anything. Lot's of hugs sweetie :hug: :hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
06-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Just wanted to share this article with you...

They did a sociological study on Why are we losing Friends?

Americans shocked pollsters in 1985 when they said they had only three close friends, today they say they have just two. And the number who say they have no one to discuss important matters with has doubled to 1 in 4, according to a nationwide survery to be released today.

It found that men and women of every race, age and education level reported fewer intimate friends than the same survey turned up in 1985. Their remaining confindants were more likely to be members of their nuclear family than in 1985, according to the sutdy, but intimacy within families was down, too.

Anyway, it went on but it wasn't the whole study. I found it interesting though. If anyone wants to read the study go to www.asanet.org/galleries/default-file/June06ASRFeature.pdf I think I will go read the study.

It got me to thinking though...I'm going to go read the study to see what all it says. I just found it interesting how it said that people today turn to the internet for friendship while connections to neighbors and social clubs declines.

jules1216
06-23-2006, 03:37 PM
The doctor says I have anxiety--he gave me a perscription for a pill for it (which the pharmacy can't get until Monday) and also one for a muscle relaxer. I am tensing up so bad it is causing the chest pains. He wants to watch it though--if the two prescriptions don't help I will have to go for a stress test. He is sending me for blood work. My BP was 116/82 --it usually runs really low around 100/60, so though the numbers looks really good, it is high for me. He also wants me to also give up my one morning cup of coffee and go totally "O" caffiene. Hopefully this will get me through until my coworker can come back--I am sure I will be able to deal better with her help and not having to add her work to my already heavy workload.

SuzyQ- My DH hates reality shows, but the ones I like to sneak in are American Idol and Big Brother. This years Big Brother is an Allstar special bringing back former guest from the previous 6 seasons. They have 20 possibilities and the viewers get to vote on the final 12 that actually will go into the house for this season. Sorry about Doug--hope you can get a nice place closer to Gaby's sitter.

Katy--good luck with VBS and staying OP while you are out of town--we will miss you if you aren't able to post!!

Michelle ma belle--you need to come on here and post with us to help get you out of the blues!! Sorry about all your worries...

Bep--whatever your doing is working--keep up that walking!!

Cristina--interesting info--I want to take the time and read the article. Did you get measured at It Figures when you started? If so get them to measure again to compare--your probably like me and losing inches not pounds.

BBL!

Mom2Gaby
06-23-2006, 03:37 PM
awww, thank you for the hugs Cristi!! Rocky called just after him and he said he will loan me some money until I get my fathers life insurance (which I hope is within a month!). The cure all for making me feel better I guess. lol If I have the gas money I would have taken Gaby to the sitter. I just need to be able to focus at work for 8 hours. Even this morning Doug asked if I had to leave already and it is like "yes! I am back on regular schedule now. You need to be able to get these girls up on your own."
It is exhausting. It remains my major stress. Walking around with no money in my wallet is another. argh.....

Internet is just easier Cristi. Even my sister was saying that the other day. She didn't want to call my brother over something - said it was easier/ less energy to send an email.
Heck, I have my internet relationship! Just faster to say want you need and click off....and not have to engage in a real conversation....lol Just a fast world we live in we want everything instant.

I already feel close to Trixie and she only posted once! lol jk

HUGS to all!! Back to my files.....

FrouFrou
06-23-2006, 04:37 PM
Back again for a few minutes...lol

SUSAN...you are right...but I still like to have that one on one communication with friends. I know so many have gone to the internet and email but too, I enjoy sending cards and writing letters also-something that seems to becoming almost non-existance now days. Used to complain about the post office raising their prices all the time but now I understand. With the internet they have lost lots of business. Anyway...glad you heard from Rocky and he cheered you up and you are always welcome for the hugs.

KATY...okay, saw that today is your last day of VBS and that you will be going out of town. DUH! I do read everything ladies...just miss a lot when I go to post and try to keep up going back and forth. Can't believe that the fourth is already upon us. The tent to sell fireworks went up behind us and all along that highway this past week. they won't start selling them until I thought they said the 27th.

BEP...also forgot to mention I hope you have a nice time with your company tonight.

JULES...glad the doc gave you some meds, hopefully that helps. I've had a few anxiety attacks and they are no fun at all. That was a few years ago and haven't had one since. It really feels like you are having a heart attack, or what I imagine having a heart attack feels like. Anyway, yeppers, I did get measured and I am losing inches but for me that's not good enough. I just don't understand not losing pounds, even one or two, ugh! I've always lost weight in the past by walking that's what I don't understand. Just need to stay off the scales. Other than starving myself I don't know what else to do to get the scales to move, very frustrating.

HI SHAWNA :wave: Hope you get a break from work soon!

GINNY...would love to hear from you.

Well, I rented more movies and will spend part of the weekend watching them. Actually, DD and I will watch two tonight and then we'll watch another tomorrow night. Not sure what V has planned for tomorrow, don't know if he has to work or not. He will probably work the whole weekend since shut-down starts next Friday. He will be home for 2 weeks without pay. Plan on starting the pergola then. Anyway...rented The Hills Have Eyes, Date Movie, War of The Worlds (even though I can't stand Tom Cruise, ick), Transamerica and Syriana with three of them being due back Sunday.

What are your plans for the weekend? Anyone has special plans? What about the Fourth of July? What's everyone doing then? I know Katy is going to see her mom, which is nice. I hope you guys have a great time!

Well, guess I am outta here for now. I'll chat with you ladies later. Take care and have a good weekend!

Mom2Gaby
06-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Our system is down - boo hoo.

I will take a 10 minute mental break. Munching on white chedder puffs, so good - just 2 cups.

I love cards too Cristi. Just hard to keep track of stamps and get in the store to pick out a card and some are 3.50!! I almost didn't put a fathers day card in the casket - sad - I did though. After all that you have to find a post office which usually is just beyond the construction site....lol and nothing ever gets sent.
I have 2 letters going out to my sister and Rocky. It takes planning to do for me at least. And I really don't have people over to my place. If I have a moment I usually like to relax with a movie (Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan are my favorites to watch) or spend time with the girls...I guess if I had a guy we could match up with another couple...*sigh*....most of the ladies I know are married.

anyway, 10 minutes are up!! It is going to be really hot here this weekend...I don't know what I am going to do yet....survive, I guess ...lol :dizzy:

Michelle
06-23-2006, 05:19 PM
CRISTI... Thank you SO much for your emails! The cards were SO cute! You are a very kind thoughtful person who I really admire as a very good friend!:hug: Try not to skip any meals at all. I've always been told by doctors that it's best to eat 5-6 times a day, but smaller amounts. I still always do my three main meals and try to get in one snack, and never eat past 6:30 at night. From all the exercising you've been doing, you could be gaining muscle, but I know that it's very frustrating!:o

JULES... I went through the same thing as you before. I really felt like I was having a heart attack. I was put on meds for anxiety and muscle relaxers, but I didn't like the relaxers because I almost felt paralized from how relaxed I got. It's amazing how stress can cause so many symptoms in a person's system. I know when I'm down I need to come here and talk, but I really just felt like nobody would want to hear about it again, and I also had a migraine which wasn't good to look at the computer. Thank you for your kind words!:hug:

SUSAN... I'm very sorry what you're having to go through with Doug and all of the money issues. That's so nice of Rocky to lend you some money until you get the insurance money; he's a lifesaver for sure! You need to move over here and I can see you sometime girlie! Thank you for all of your (((((HUGS))))) and prayers and I send the same back to you!:hug:

Michelle
06-23-2006, 05:26 PM
BEP... Thank you for all of your kind words also! You're doing SO good with all of your exercise. I hope everything goes good when all of your company makes a visit tonight!:hug:

KATY... There are several people working on my mom's information right now, because she has even bad mouthed my sister so bad when she was trying to step in and help. I have been so upset with no call even returned, that yesterday I wrote her a letter and put some pictures in the envelope from when my grandma was here visiting. You just don't even know what is going through her mind right now.:( :hug:

TRIXIE... :welcome3: to this wonderful group! You will find out just how special and supportive all the girlies are here!:hug:

My daughter and I just got home a little while ago from Target and then she asked if we could go to Olive Garden (not a good choice). We did split a meal and so I didn't feel overly full or bloated. Now my DD is laying out in the sun in her new swim suit. I'm dreading the hot weather we have on our way here!:devil:

FrouFrou
06-23-2006, 05:46 PM
MICHELLE...thank you, and you are welcome for the cards! Thanks for the advice also. I definitely need to do something different. And I do know you are not supposed to skip meals, but I felt like I needed to do something different. I just don't understand why the scales are not going down at all. It's killing me because I am taking my vitamins, drinking my water, eating right, well, except for this past week skipping a meal a day, and exercising/walking. Before I didn't try so hard and was doing everything except It Figrues, was just walking and the weight was coming off. I know the lady at It Figures told me not to get discouraged at first if I gain or don't lose that eventually it will come off. But when???? Ugh! I should have lost at least 10 pounds by now. Oh, Olive Garden sounds so good right now. Glad I didn't go anywhere except to get movie's...may have ended up binging just because. Glad you and DD had a nice lunch though.

SUSAN...your box is full again missy and I can't pm you. You know, since leaving CA I've not really had any friends other than you ladies. Went through some stuff with in-laws that just turned me off from meeting people so I haven't met anyone since being here. That and trust issues from when DH#1 passed away. I've not allowed myself to form any friendships for fear of getting hurt. Well, there was a lady I met through V's 30th class reunion, think it was the 30th. We keep saying we will get together but it never happens. I do have some close friends but left behind in CA so it's not the same. We have stayed in touch and I think always will but it's hard when you are 1200+ miles away. It's really weird for me too because with DH#1 we were always socializing. Always had people over to our house...I loved cooking for others. Anyway...go empty your box missy!

I am outta here ladies...V will be home in a few minutes and want to spend some time with him. Actually, I here him opening the door now, lol. Have a good one ladies.

RosieKate
06-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Michelle big hugs....you can always come here for a hug and a chat...I really hope this gets better soon. If your mom has some chemical imbalances, then maybe there's some meds that can help her...I just feel for you right now...I am glad you are doing your best to take care of yourself...it's the last you thing you probably want to do, but it is so important.

Cristina - yes - VBS is done...I am tired, but it was alot of fun...I don't go to Mom's til next weekend, so I'm not rushing off right away. I may extend the road trip and go north to visit the relatives in Yakima...we'll see.

Jules - Ok who are you voting for for BB..I can't believe I get into that show - last season it was soooo trashy, yet I loved Kayser and Janelle - I hope they get back in the house. I did go and vote ( such a sucker) I voted for Nakomis, Danielle, and I think Evil Dr. Will ( tho I think he's pretty much a lock). Personally, I think last season had such yucky people on it, that CBS really needed to redeem the show with an Allstar version - just my two cents. My other reality shows are Survivor and sometimes American Idol. But it wouldn't be summer if I couldn't go onto Survivor Sucks and read the live feed transcripts for BB, lol! It's an eye opener.

Susan - Sorry Doug is pms-ing on you ( yes I think men do that, too) tho he's probably having hot flashes :snicker: just teasing. Rocky is such a doll....take the loan, sister! I like Gladstone and the schools have a good rep. A nice small progressive school district... I did some student teaching and subbing at the middle school. 'Course this was 13-15 years ago...so who knows.

I am in need of a trip to a yarn shop - need a new project.....maybe I'll sneak out this afternoon and get a little fix ,anad I'll have a project to work on when we are gone over the 4th. I just finished knitting and felting a big project bag that turned out pretty nice. That used up all my little odds and ends. Now I need something. I decided against Tubey ( the pic I posted last week) 'cause I can't find colors I like in an affordable yarn. So I'm on the hunt....

BBL....

Michelle
06-23-2006, 06:01 PM
CRISTI... Have a nice visit with your DH. Are you going to be going anywhere or just staying home?:hug:

KATY & JULES... I love BB also! I saw the show Wednesday night and I'm excited for it to start again. I really hope Janelle is on again, because I think she's a big flirt and keeps things going. I also love American Idol and my DD and I are going to their concert when they come here on Sept 1st. I also love Survivor, and too many other reality shows also; I'm pretty addicted to every one of them!:dizzy: :hug:

SUSAN... My DD's best friend switched schools last year, even though she still lives in OC, and goes to Gladstone High. She said that she loves it there and it's like a big home with everyone there.

bep
06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Hi all! I have logged on a few times today and am trying to keep up with reading all the posts, but I don't have time to reply right now. I have been busy all day getting ready for company. I am serving smoked ribs, smoked pork tenderloin, herbed baby red potatoes, corn on the cob, yummy dinner rolls, and dessert is caramel-white chocolate brownies alamode. MMmmmmmmmmmm...........something tells me I will be getting a few extra cals in tonight! :lol:

Chat latter...if not tonight, then tomorrow.

Michelle
06-23-2006, 06:26 PM
BEP... You are a good cook!:chef: I would like to come over tonight and be part of your company LOL! Have fun!!!;)

chickiemama67
06-23-2006, 11:23 PM
hey everybody,
sorry ive not been here for a couple days. been working my butt off lol. also, i dont know if any of you have ever had pleurisy but i tend to get it off and on. i think all of the lifting ive done this week has aggravated it. i slept with a heating pad on my chest last night to try to loosen it up. it felt a little better this morning but the more i stood up today the more it hurt. so i left work at 7came home had some pizza for dinner ......which surprisingly the one that i got for myself only has 230 calories for half of the pizza....wooohoo. the pleurisy just has to run its course so i get to put up with not being able to breathe normal for a couple days which fatigues me.....blah. so off i go to lay with my heating pad and drink some more water.
night yall
shawna

RosieKate
06-24-2006, 10:29 AM
Good morning!
Cristina - I hear you about feeling the need to do something different. I am stuck, too, and I think I need to just change something to kick this into gear....I haven't tried skipping meals. I've considered meal replacements, but I feel fuller if I eat the same amount of calories in real food. When I look back at the times when I was successful, it was when I could stick to 1400 cals or so a day...I'm trying to figure out why that is so hard for me right now....we're in it together!

Shawna - what is the name of that pizza? We get the take and bake from Papa Murphy's which run 200 something per slice. They are good; it's tough to limit myself. Last night I had two pieces of canadian bacon and pineapple and a big salad.

Michelle - oooh I am such a little reality tv fan! the latest one we were hooked on was American Inventor....whole family got a kick out of that one. I hope Janelle gets in, too. She was flirty and "buxom blonde" and all that, but I thought her to be very smart, too. She's a pretty popular houseguest...my guess is that if she doesn't get voted back in, CBS is going to put her in.

Bep - oooh your dinner sounds yummy - have fun with your guests

I am messing around on the computer for a few more minutes. I go to aerobics this a.m. then we'll see what the day brings. It is supposed to be hot today, and my little DD has the sniffles :( We'll most likely hang out here and splash around in the kiddie pool. I'll BBL have a good day everyone!

jules1216
06-24-2006, 12:19 PM
Cristina--the gaining muscle/losing inches versus losing actual pounds is very frustrating--but we can't quit because if the muscle weighs more than fat when we quit exercising there will be more fat:yikes: I lose weigh very slowly--have no problem with maintaining as long as I exercise.....

SuzyQ--sorry for all your frustrations--How are the girls? When is the camp you are going to?

Katy--A co-worker got me started on BB3 and I always say I will not get back into it but I do--The season with Nakomis I watched very little--but I really liked her. Yes, last season got really trashy but I loved Janelle. I don't buy the 24 hour live feed but there are enough websites that tell you what they are seeing. There is ALOT that never makes it on air. There is one called www.sirlinksalot.net that has alot of links to several different reality shows. I voted for Danielle, Janelle, Erica & Nakomis. I really liked Lisa but I think if any who won their season gets back in they will be the first ones voted out. It seems like the final 12 will end up being mostly women!! The cattiness will undoubtly begin especially if Allison & Dana get back in.

Michelle ma belle--I think both Janelle and Kaysar will be voted back in--everyone loves the two of them. What a good idea to spilt a meal with your DD--restaurant portions are so huge anymore.

Bep--instead of Martha we will have to call you Betty Crocker--your meal sounds really good!

Shawna--when I got promoted to manager there were no store openings at first so I was sent all over the district to different stores--I loved it!! Hope they don't overwork you!! Have you tried the asthma inhalers that are sold OTC at Walmart and several other stores--they seem to help DD who has the tendency to catch chest cold. She had pneumonia when she was 8 and has never been the same. I get on her for smoking--neither DH or I do but her ex did. He smoked three cartons a week himself. Smoking can't help if you already lean towards having a weakness for chest colds.

Where are Trixie & Sassy? And Mrs June Cleaver, Mari and Sunny and soem others have definitely been MIA!!

The muscle relaxers are way too strong for me--I am supposed to take 3 a day but I would be a total zombie!!! I think I will take just half a one at bedtime. I can't wait to get the anxiety pill on Monday--I am hoping it will help with the "edginess" I have been feeling.

FrouFrou
06-24-2006, 02:51 PM
Hiya Ladies :wave:

KATY...I definitely need to change something! Thinking I will try counting calories and see what happens. Skipping a meal is not a good thing I know. I just felt like I had to do something drastic...but that didn't help, lol. Just can't get too frustrated though...gotta keep in mind that it is for my health and to stay motivated...easier said than done. Hope little Miss. Leigh doesn't get to feeling too bad. Supposed to only be 86 here today but when I went out to get the paper it sure felt hot then. Are you going to share a picture of your recent craft? I love seeing all the things you do, you're so crafty. Where do you get your supplies? Splashing aroung the Kiddie pool sounds fun!

MICHELLE...we just hung out around the house. He ended up going back into work for a while and DD and I ended up watching Syriana and The Hills Have Eyes. He's working today also and has to work tomorrow too! But he gets off at 1:30 so...we'll have the rest of the day together. How are you doing today missy? Are you feeling better?

BEP...mmmmm, dinner sounded soooo good! Sorry I missed it! Hope you guys had a great dinner/evening with your company.

SHAWNA...hope you get to feeling better soon. I've not ever had that but it doesn't sound very good. Take care of yourself and try to have a realxing weekend. Yes, what kind of pizza was that? That is sounding good for dinner, pizza and a cold glass of wine.

JULES...be careful with those muscle relaxers. Oh, I don't plan on quitting. Some days I think what is the point? But I can't and won't quit. Or at least I don't think I will. I am trying not to get too frustrated so that doesn't happen. Just gotta get it in my head that whether I lose or not I am doing something good for myself. Have you seen that picture of fat and muscle? OMG, that is so gross! Imagine that in your body, ick! I too lose slowly but I have been at a point where I have lost 1-2 pounds a week and I think that is what is killing me. Because I walked and just watched what I ate. Now I am exercising more and eating less and nothing. Anyway, I'm gonna keep on truckin'. I've got that Patti Labelle song in my head and I am trying to keep it there...seems to help. I've got to keep this 'New Attitude' to keep going. think it went down the tubes yesterday when I weighed, lol!

SUSAN...what's up with you missy? Are you feeling better today? We miss you when you are not here. Any special plans for the weekend with the girls?

Hi to everyone else and anyone reading this. Feel free to jump on in, we would love to have you.

Not much planned for today. Think V and I are going to hit some nurseries and see if we can find a tree to replace the one that died in the back. Nurseries seem to be quit expensive...we're not wanting too big a tree otherwise we will have to dig up everything planted around the one we are replacing. We may have to wait until the fall when there is more available-just hate seeing a dead tree in the middle of the back yard...so ugly. We are going to do some yard work also...some sprucing up if you will. Other than that, I am going to read some and vacuum, not necessarily in that order of course. Did do some straightening and dusting yesterday but didn't vacuum. Also, going to go to the park for a walk this evening. I have gotten so lazy as far as getting up early to walk. If I don't get up early to do it then I wait until the evening when it is not so hot. This darn humdity is what gets ya. Anyway...hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Michelle
06-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Good Morning Girlies -- Not much going on here today, but some house cleaning, laundry and getting groceries. I'm not wanting to get outside too much because it's supposed to be in the 90s today, and the 100s tomorrow and Monday!:cry: :eek: :yikes: :devil: I DO NOT handle the heat well at all, anything past 80 is horrible!:mad:

CRISTI... I'm feeling much better today, and thank you again for the cute email card; those are just the cutest things!:yes: ;) Your day sounds some like mine, but I do need to get some walking in also when it's cooler.:hug:

KATY... It will feel good to get out in the kiddy pool today for sure!:cool: My DD and I also watched American Inventor and some of those people were very strange, but there were also some very good ones.:o :hug:

SUSAN... Okay girlie, long enough, WHERE ARE YOU???:mag: :mag: :mag::( Hope everything is going good for you and you got everything cleared up with Doug!:hug:

JULES... I know exactly what you mean with those muscle relaxers! I didn't like the feeling of them at all! Hope you can relax and just take it easy.:hug:

SHAWNA... Please take care of yourself! You work so hard and hardly ever have any relaxation time.:hug:

FrouFrou
06-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Come out, come out wherever you are! Where is everyone? Pretty quiet around here ladies.

SUSAN...no post from you today...hope you are all right. I worry about you when you don't post, as with everyone else too of course. :hug:

MICHELLE...yeppers, sounds like we almost had the identical day! I actually did get something done today, yay, lol. Not really what I wanted to do but at least the house is clean. Glad you are feeling better today.

Hi to everyone wherever you are and whatever you are doing! :wave:

Just jumped on the 'puter for a quick minute to look something up and thought I would drop by and say HI. Hoping all is well with you all in your little corner of the world. Chat with ya later. Nighty, night!

chickiemama67
06-24-2006, 11:58 PM
one more week then im on vacation........
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
can you tell im ready for one lol? just thought i would pop in before bed, we are getting ready to start moving should be finished by thursday. we arent getting a truck just using the van and jimmy and then a friends pick up for the furniture so it will take longer then a normal move. talk more tomorrow
hugs,
shawna

Mom2Gaby
06-25-2006, 02:14 AM
Good Night!! I am so tired and I have tried to post a message 4 times today I am sooooooooooooooooo **&&^%$## mad. I said hello to everybody and was very witty and inspiring. I was.. honest...if you don't believe me tough tooties!! lol
going to bed......zzzzzzzzz.

Mom2Gaby
06-25-2006, 02:19 AM
Whatever...you stupid anal moran computer!! Now you work.....*snicker*
omg- I HAVE to say I watched Napoleon today!! He was on cable at my sisters *sigh* he has one HOT body!! So sexy.....love a man that can do sign language. lol
k- night !

Mom2Gaby
06-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Gaby is finishing up a Snoopy movie (yes, I know it is 10:30 pm - waaaaaay past my bedtime! ) she took a nap, what can I say.
We laid down together a both zoned out. I never do that but today I did. We woke up early and I cleaned for 3 hours while she played in the tub. lol - I don't think she was in there the whole 3 hours. She was washing her dog or some dang thing. She was singing, it was cute. She resembles a little prune now.
Shawna - happy you are getting some time off soon!
Bep - Menu sounds delish
Cristi - You are so sweet, thanks for the egreetings.
Katy- Hope Leigh feels better and her sniffles go away!!
Michelle - it isreally nice to see you post! I miss you when you aren't aound, hang in there and prayers for your mother.
Jules - 7/24 is camp. Hugs for you and prayers for your health.

Foodwise I did kind of lousy, had 2 slices of pizza at my sisters. I did walk 2 miles this evening when it got breezy out. I don't like the hot, hot weather.

I better get to bed. Hi to everyone!!!

Mom2Gaby
06-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Good Morning!

You all ready for a "losing" weigh in tomorrow!! I am :D !!

Chatted with my Hawaii Guy last night about $$$ matters. He tells me I need to give up Starbucks - grrrrrrr - he did the math on how much I spend there if I bought a $3 latte. I said I didn't do lattes , I do ventis 1.70 and I don't go every day....and, and......I spent the rest of the night figuring ways to break up with him :o ...lol

He called this morning (after I already slipped out to Starbucks - ha) and I said......I suppose I need to go and buy a can of maxwell house or somthing?? He said it was cheaper.....just trying to help his sweetie....awwww.
I will think about. I really need to get a handle on my $$$ because I am making good money - just don't know where it is all going.

Going to be close to 100 today!! Have my swim suite out and think I will take Gaby in our apt pool today.......ate 1 blueberry pancake.....soooooo good.

Chat later today!!!

chickiemama67
06-25-2006, 10:39 PM
wow what a quiet day in here .......i went to work at 10 this morning then came home at 2 and started packing stuff and getting it moved. we are about half done right now.
i am not looking forward to wi tomorrow, tom is starting up so im bloated and i havent been able to work out at all this week......maybe the scale will surprise me but i doubt it lol. well im off for the night, have to finish getting the kitchen packed up.
oh ya the pizza, i cant remember and garbage went out already lol.....so sorry!!
night night,
shawna

bep
06-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Good morning one and all!!!!

Today is weigh-in day! Get up and step on that scale!!!!!

My weigh-in.... -3lbs!!!!!!!! I am finally in the 'teens'!!!!!!!!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 12:25 PM
:cheer: Yay Bep!!!:cheer: Congrats to you!! So awesome about being in the teens, you are doing so good!! A true inspiration!!!!

amazed myself for being back to 169. I lost it before so can I claim it again??:dunno: :frypan:

Feel like I am treading water! We all need to do a pow wow and figure out a motivation kicker or maybe do a challenge??

I am just sipping my first cupa coffee and waking up. Have the AC going full blast determined to stay cool in 102 temp day! Took the girls swimming last night and it was sooooo nice - plan on going in tonight.

The ex is being a pill and basically made my weekend miserable = plus the weather...ugh. I am sooooo glad it is Monday!

Chat in a bit!!

bep
06-26-2006, 01:00 PM
For me, I have a ton of different motivators.

1) I am going to be 29 in a few days...which is going to put me at 30 in just over a year. I want to look good BEFORE I turn 30.

2) I want to have another baby...hopefully be pregnant around the time I turn 30. I have had 2 c-sec and desperately want to try for a VBAC with #3. Better health may help me be able to do that...who knows???

3) I am so stinkin sick of dodging out of pictures. I want to feel ok about having pictures taken with my children. I barely have any at all with them...and I don't like the few that I do have because I can't look at them and remember the fun we were having...only can think about how rediculous I look.

4) I HATE plus sized clothing. It is poopy and granny! Now...I am pretty conservative in dress (I go for skirts knee length or longer, no cleavage, stuff like that). That isn't going to change just because I get thinner...it's just me. I don't like the whole 'flaunt your body' kind of thing. I don't feel the need to have men drool over me and have other women jealous. But I still want to be able to wear cuter clothes! I want to shop for the same sizes as my sisters and friends when I am out with them instead of just hanging out and saying 'oh...that is cute' but not even being able to pick up something and try it on. I want to be able to find cute clothes! No such thing in the plus-sized world. :p

The list go on and on...sooooooo many reasons not to be overweight!!!

Michelle
06-26-2006, 01:30 PM
SUSAN... CONGRATS on losing that stubborn pound! All of that exercising has really helped out!:yes: :cheer: I'm so tired of this 102 degree weather; it makes everyone tired and irritable!:devil:

BEP... WOW, CONGRATS on losing 3 pounds! Being down in the teens is such an accomplishment!:cp: :bravo: I think your motivators are great! I totally agree with the plus size clothing being granny looking; I hate it!:mad: :yikes: So did you say that you are also counting calories? If so, are you using Fitday?:^:

bep
06-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Michelle No...I am not using Fitday. I look at the packages of things I use and I use http://www.nutritiondata.com/ to look up whatever doesn't have a label on it. I keep a word document right here on my laptop and log every time I eat something. Ya know...our starting weights and goal weights are similar! 150 is only a temp goal weight for me. I want to get rid of the 'chunk' first, then I can work on toning down to 140 or 130ish. I have to wait and see when I get there. All my adult years have been spent at 160+ so I don't know what I will look like at 150 or less. I weighed about 165/170 about 6 years ago when I got married. About 4 months later I started gaining and exploded to well over 200. Since then, I have never been below 210 with all the yo-yo & crazy low-carb dieting. I want to get to the weight I was 6 yrs ago when I got married, but I don't want to stop there either. I am sooooo done being fat and that is all there is to it. I am doing this and what's funny is I am the only one who can mess it up for me so I only have myself to blame for screw-ups.

Mom2Gaby
06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Please STOP posting and hop over to Back In Kindergarten thread #12!! As we continue our discussion on motivation!!:jig: :bike2: :running: :ebike: