Support Groups - A Few Good Friends/18

View Full Version : A Few Good Friends/18

Wide in Winnipeg
06-20-2006, 02:09 AM
Hello and welcome !! Glad to have you with us! we are a group that caters to friendship over everything else. Along with our diet and exercise journey we have discovered that having friends to talk to about all lifes ups and downs have helped us reach our goals! Please feel free to jump in and make yourself at home, here on A FEW GOOD FRIENDS!

Wide in Winnipeg
06-20-2006, 02:13 AM
Glad you found us!!!

Just going to head off to bed in a few minutes,just had to get this thread underway!!
Looks like going to the lake on Wednesday is still up in the air, If I don't go I will be meeting a bunch of moms at the park for a picnic with the kiddies, should be fun!
Starting to get the itch to lose some of this weight again, I hope that itch sticks around till I reach my goal this time!!;)
Have a good day/evening/night everyone!
W.

sweet_pea
06-20-2006, 02:15 AM
hi just popping in!

Wide in Winnipeg
06-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Hiya SWEET!!! Long time no chat!! Hope to hear how the packing and such is going....
OK, G'night, catch ya on the flip side !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug:

sweet_pea
06-20-2006, 08:17 AM
hi there. counting down now to move!!! 6 days to go eek

I am totally exhausted. I woke every 2 hours last night. I guess I had too much water as I kept waking to go to the toilet. And then of course I had an early start (by my standards) to get into the lawyer’s office for today’s settlement conference. That was pretty draining. It’s a lot of arguing and you have to keep your wits about you. also at one of the breaks the judge said that he felt that their case was better than ours and tried to push for settlement. It was very emotional having to think about it and make immediate decisions on such a large amount of money when I have my lawyer saying we have a good case and the judge saying he has doubts. Very big turmoil and stress. emotionally draining. i ended up eating total crap today so it was disastrous in that respect but at least that part is done now. we have to full hearing in 6 wks time.

lots to do before the move. still organising things and i have ongoing commitments. toastmasters tmrw night...

Wide in Winnipeg
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Sweet Pea~ Sorry you are having a rough time with the settlement:( Hope all goes well for you.
6 days!!! better get crackin' girlfriend!!! Wish I could help!!

Today I have managed to sit on my fat behind for all of 1 and a half hours,it's been go go go all day!!:dizzy: :dizzy:
Ryan is in the tub and will be in bed ASAP and then I'm going to have a bath and RELAX for awhile and go to bed early(I hope;) )
Take care, chat tomorrow,
W.

megsa
06-21-2006, 04:07 AM
Hey Ladies,

Glad to see that you're both well. My long weekend was unexpectedly extended by two days due to food poisoning! Not the best way to end a weekend - especially in hospital! Spent all of Monday sleeping and reading and then left work early yesterday. Finally feeling better today, although still eating cream crackers and coke! One up side is that I fitted into my size 12 (8) pants easily this morning! The weekend was ok, going to the Game Reseve was nice, although with all the rain it was very overgrown so difficult to see the animals. Did see rhino, giraffe and a sleeping hyena! Have been working so far today, but now it seems to have petered out again.

Will take the week off from exercise and start again next week.

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
06-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Good morning!
Meg~ sorry about the food poisoning!!That's horrible!Glad your feeling better:)
Today I feel like poop. I have thrush from my inhaler and my allergies are really bad:( I feel like I have a really bad cold, but I really don't!Better go and get some meds to clear everything up!
Have to go get some fruit and veggies today and other healthy food.I have decided that I have to get on the "DIET" wagon and lose some weight. I scared myself last night wihen I got on the scale before bad and it said 141lbs!EEK!That's crazy!! Today it says 138 again but it was enought o put me over the edge!
Have a wonderful day/evening/night ladies!

sweet_pea
06-21-2006, 07:05 PM
i couldn't post last night. i was very cross :mad: i typed everything in but the server was down and it wouldn't post grrrrrr

trying to remember! countdown to packing still going on so i am busy. starting to feel better and on top of things so that's good.

have ballroom dancing today - whoppppeeeee

wendy - don't fret about the weight. the healthy approach with your fruits and veges sounds good, and i'm sure your bum isn't fat hehe

meg that food poisoning sounds nasty. hope you're back on top of things and take care of yourself and rest up

Wide in Winnipeg
06-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Hiya girls!!
Just got back from the store and got my fruits and some veggies. My mom and I take turns cooking supper, usually over at their place now so I tend to only buy stuff for breakfast and light lunchs for around here.And the rest we go halfer on because we eat dinner together so often! They live right next door so it's nothing to run back and forth with food!!lol!
So get this!!! I got asked out on a date!!:D Unfortunately I'm already trying to find a way out of it:( I like the guy and all BUT I'm being silly and don't usually give people a chance:dizzy: CRAZY GIRL!!!! I WILL GO ON THIS DATE!!!And I will probably enjoy myself, it's not for a week or so so I'll let you know how it went!
Sweet Pea~ Have fun dancing!! I'm jealous!!:)
Well, bed time soon, g'night all! Chat tomorrow,
W.

megsa
06-22-2006, 04:57 AM
Wendy - the date sounds good. I'll have to live vicariously through you! I'm doing the internet thing, but so far it's only been email/sms/phone flirting. Hoping to meet up with some of the guys soon. I'm feeling a bit better, but had to get up early this am and take an anti-nausea pill. There is apparently a tummy bug also going around, so may also have a bit of that.

Sweet - Good luck with the move. It will be wonderful when it's over and done with. My mom went to go and get details about her new place yesterday and on the weekend we will be going tile shopping! I think that she is now really looking forward to it.

My diet will start again next week. I'm supposed to be going for breakfast on Sunday and the place we go has an AMAZING buffet - so no lunch for me! Hope that I'll be able to do it justice with this dodgy tummy.

Must go, plans to print.

Mwah

sweet_pea
06-22-2006, 06:07 AM
Wendy - the date sounds good. I'll have to live vicariously through you!
Me too! i did go on a date earlier this year but i never fancied the guy i just did it because i didn't know how to say no!!! wendy go for it. have a little fun. it doesn't have to go anywhere but all the better if it does;) i met a cute guy the other day. no idea if he is single or if our paths will cross again. we'll see

i'm pretty exhausted today. i went to my prvte dance lesson this afternoon and she said she might have a partner so i went back for another class this evening. looks like i can go regularly. its not exactly what i want as they also do old time and new vogue but it's exercise and a foot in the door to doing it regularly

Wide in Winnipeg
06-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Hi girls, just back from our playdate with 3 other moms and 6 kids!! Wow, Ryan had fun!!:D Nice to meet up with people with kids once in awhile!
Have to throw him in the bath as he is covered in sand..
catch ya later!

sweet_pea
06-22-2006, 05:56 PM
i feel the same way about playdates for my dogs but there aren't any places here to meet other dog lovers ...

megsa
06-23-2006, 05:14 AM
It's Friday! Yay, but a major cold front has hit and it feels like the Antarctic here. Tummy still dodgy, so now drinking stuff from my brother who uses it while cycling. It does mean that I've drunk nearly a litre and a half of water already today which is a lot more than the rest of the week! I'm supposed to go out for breakfast on Sunday, but won't be if my tummy still dodgy.

Wendy - always nice to meet up with people with similar interests, even if just the fact that you all have kids. I don't do that enough and need to start! Pity that it would have to be around other people!

Meg

Wide in Winnipeg
06-24-2006, 02:02 PM
HIYA ladies!!!
That date got up'ed a week so we went out last night! Went out of town to his neices grad, and we had fun, especially when the jello shooters came out!lol!! We had a few of those and a couple drinks and came home. Didn't get home till 2:30 so I'm really tired today.
Nothing major happening today, just going to take my GF to the wine store and help her pick some out.Maybe take Ryan to the fair thats in town tonight for a little while.
Well, better get my butt in gear, have to go to the grandparents for a while!
Have a good day!

sweet_pea
06-25-2006, 07:42 AM
I have done v little today. I slept forever last night. very deep eyes glued together sleep. Had 11 hours sleep and was still tired. mega fatigued. I guess that day on Thursday with 2 dancing classes and a walk did me in. I hit the wall in a big way and am very sore and struggling. Hopefully I’ll pull it all together tmrw and get the packing finished in time for the move the next day.

ate a lot of junkfood today and felt sorry for myself ;) ready for bed now. wish i had got more done but too late to worry now.

wendy your date sounded fun but what are jello shooters. i'm a wee bit envious. a real live date and a fun one at that. wahoooooo. are you meeting up again. was there a goodnight smooch. details details!!!

meg i hope your tummy feels better soon. one good thing you are probably losing weight. just a shame you feel so lousy

Wide in Winnipeg
06-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Jello shooters are made with half water and half VODKA and jello mix! Really yummy and almost calorie free!LOL!!
Yes, I have a date with him next Saterday for a wedding, mean time I'm going to head out to the lake on Tuesday and work on my tan!:D I'll have to come home on Friday so I can go out and buy something to wear! All of a sudden I'm into size 8! Guess the fat is shifting around because I still weigh the same!lol!!
He was so funny(my date), he was making feeble atempts to hold my hand all night but I guess he was being shy around his family!! On the way home he decided to reach out and grab my hand. I initiated the goodnight kiss, guess I'm not as shy as I thought!lol!A real tart I think!!HEHEHE!!!
Well, all is good today,going to church this AM and to a clothing sale in the afternoon, looks like a nice day out so I think I'm going to take Ryan somewhere abit later and find something fun to do!
Have a good day ladies!!

megsa
06-26-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey Ladies,

Wendy - so cool about your date! We can now live vicariously through you again! And a goodnight kiss...WOW!! I'm still chatting to guys on the internet, but haven't managed to meet up with any yet! Hope to soon though.

Sweet - I don't think I put on any weight last week, but I don't think I lost any either. I should have weighed myself before I went to the hospital, but I would probably just have fallen off the scale! My tummy is better, but I nearly mainlined chocolate over the weekend! I'll try and cut back this week, but it has turned so cold again that I can see myself eating to try and keep warm. Good luck with the move - only a few more days.

Mwah

sweet_pea
06-26-2006, 09:34 AM
moving in 8 hours!!! STRESS :p

I took a break from packing and went and had another look at the house at night. truth is I was just restless but it is always different seeing a place at night. I still am unsure where to put my office. There is a lovely light room for it which would be great by day but lousy at night. only 1 tiny light on the wall and the heating from the fireplace isn’t ducted into there. Of the 3 bedrooms only the master has a phone jack for my internet and I rang the internet co and they don’t have wireless broadband. Their competitor does so I will either have to pay to have a phone jack put in or park my computer in the master bedroom or the lounge. Decisions decisions and I’m not too hot on that area right now

I still like the house but I feel frightened about moving and very unsettled here in this town with not much in the way of friends. At least dancing is taking off and acting will hopefully start up again in 6 wks or so. Toastmasters is going good but I still don’t feel as if I belong here. I just feel disconnected and not part of the place

Most boxes are packed so not catastrophic but let’s face its 1230 am and still a lot to do. Another 1hr before bed and then 1hr in the morning before movers arrive.

wendy another date. wowee good luck with that

meg - yup i have been mainlining chocolate and mcd the last few days and my tummy is in turmoil. wasn't a bright idea but i will sort it out in a few days

Wide in Winnipeg
06-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi girls!! Just popping in quick to say HI!! Just heading over to my folks for lunch!! Catch ya later!!

sweet_pea
06-26-2006, 04:40 PM
moving day today i'm exhausted and struggling to focus and pack everything. big job esp on my own

catch you all later. GAAAAAH

colaz
06-26-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey ladies! Long time no see! I've been busy, and doing a lot better than I have before. Wendy sent me an email to check up on me, and I decided I needed to get involved in this place again!

My diet and excercise is going great. I'm down to 155 lbs. Working out every day, but not overdoing it. As Wendy knows...I'm sorta having guy problems. I kind of fell a bit for a guy that will NOT work out. Ummm he is 11 years older than me, has an 8-year old kid, (I'm 22 by the way), did jail time for drug dealing (said covering for a friend)...and it just kind of goes on like that. he is super sweet. I think I like the idea of someone finally liking me though.

Speaking of guys...and dates. Hey Wendy! Whoohoo girl! It is about time you found someone! He sounds awsome!

Also, I am going for a date tonight (not with Jesse...different guy). My cousin set us up. He seems really nice, and we have emailed a lot. We have a lot in common, and from what he has told me we are bettre matched. I'll let you know how it goes.

Lisa, (right..>sweetpea I think that is your first name). It is great to see you again! So, you moved? Sorry that you are so stressed out!

Meg, hey! How are you? Sounds likey ou are doing well! Chatting with guys on the net is fun... hopefully you can find a nice one! Are you off for the summer now? What are you up to!

Ok...so I want to get some more productive stuff done. Here I go...

Wide in Winnipeg
06-26-2006, 05:52 PM
;) Hey there Sweet Pea!! Don't over do it!! you'll be sore tomorrow!Just think in a month from now when everything is in it's place you can RELAX a little!! Hope the pups like their new home, and you too of course!:hug:

Tessa~ Glad your back!!And glad your doing better!! Just be careful with Jesse ok??I lived with a druggie/dealer too it turns out and it's hard to get away when your in deep, and yes they are always sweet arn't they???

Meg~ don't live vicariously through me!!You probably get more action via online dating than I do going on a real date!!LOL!!:D

I wonder about this new guy.......
seems to me he doesn't really like kids, if that's the case there will not be a second date!!! Ryan comes first!:D Guess I'll just have to open my yapper and ask him stratght out how he feels about children!

Going to do some grocerie shopping tonight, have to stock up for the lake. I'll be going out there tomorrow and coming back on Friday, I'll make sure to check in tomorrow before I leave though!!
I'll chat with you later!

megsa
06-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Tessa- So good to see (well, read anyway) you again. We've missed you girl! Nice to hear that the diet thing is going well. Men - we want one, and then when we get him, we want a different one! I've just made a fairly solid date to meet one of my guys in about two weeks time, for lunch. Quite excited about it, but will probably be a wreck nearer to the time! Unfortuanately, I'm in winter here as well as a particularly cold cold snap! I'm still wearing all three layers plus scarf that I had on this morning and am quite comfortable and really not keen to remove a layer!

Wendy - We have a saying here - 'Wie nie wag, wen nie' - to translate - Those who don't dare, don't win! At least you've scored a goodnight kiss - those are just a distant memory for me!

Sweet - by the time you read this it will be done! Take an hour or so to just sit and enjoy the new house. EVERYTHING doesn't have to be unpacked immediately. (Most of my books are still packed as I haven't got a decent big bookcase yet and I've been in my flat for 5 months now!) Glad to hear that the dancing is going well. I hope to return to the bike tonight and then start weights again next week!

Mwah to all

sweet_pea
06-28-2006, 12:10 AM
i all
i won't be around for a while. turns out there is a delay in transferring broadband DSL to the new address so i will be without service a week GRRRR

megsa
06-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Sweet - We'll miss you! See you again soon.

Diet nonexsistant - too cold and craving sweet stuff in a HUGE way. Will try to get on the bike tonight - have some tv to watch, so really have no excuse and it will keep the tootsies warm!

M

sweet_pea
06-29-2006, 07:32 AM
well still mega frustrated. i got dial up working after spending all afternoon at the computer shop. despite all my precautions some spyware had got on the system and infected the operating system and the part it affects causes problems with my dialup. driving me MAD!!!!

hey have fun on the bike meg. i went again to ballroom dancing class. glad i have started. it's doing me good

nite all. not sure when i'll be back. the connections out in the country are really slow. only 30Kbps on a 56K modem. sllloooooooooooooooow

megsa
06-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Hey Ladies,

I've had work this week, which is a shock, but not too bad. Very glad that it's Friday, especially as I kept thinking and hoping that it was Friday yesterday! No real diet to speak of, but did do 40min on the bike last night. Have to otherwise my feet get too cold watching tv! Will be on it again tonight as will be going out drinking tomorrow night! May end up meeting one of the guys from the Internet.....

Wide in Winnipeg
06-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi ladies!!
I have to stay offline for awhile, I need to have the computer checked:( I'll be back ASAP!! Take care!:D

Wide in Winnipeg
07-02-2006, 02:09 PM
:( I get so lonely here on weekends

sweet_pea
07-03-2006, 01:32 AM
wendy you need a doggie! i never get lonely with my pups. and hey what happened to the 2nd date? also have you tried games online? i play bridge online and know lots of nice people thru that. also some a**holes but that's life.

as you may guess i'm back but i still have masses of unpacking to do and tax returns and other ugly things to do so this is just a short message.
also i have a bad cold or sinus or something. achy muscles, dry lips, tired and runny nose. not much fun so everything thing is going in slow motion for me.

ooooh meg. tell us about the man you might be meeting? have you spoken to him on the phone?

Wide in Winnipeg
07-03-2006, 01:57 AM
HIya!

Sweet pea~ I have a dog, she's 13 and a crazy toy poodle!!:D Love her muchly!
There was no 2nd date yet, he dicided not to go to the wedding so I went to the fireworks with a neighbor friend and Ryan instead, we had fun!

I have my computer geek friend coming over sometime this week to check out this computer, I've been having lots of problems lately. If he has to take it with him I'll let you all know! Hope it's not seroius though, I'd miss you all:(
Well, off to bed, g'night!

megsa
07-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Hey Ladies,

I had an ok weekend. Went out with some friends on Sat night for cocktails and while it was a bit of a waste of makeup, we did have some really nice drinks and a good chat.

Sweet - I'm supposed to be having lunch with this guy on Saturday. I have spoken to him once or twice on the phone and sounds really nice. More than that, he gets my sometimes quite obscure jokes! He's quite a bit older, but I'm generally better with people older than myself. We'll hold thumbs and see what happens...

No diet happening at the moment, but want to try and at least cycle each night this week - more to keep my feet warm!

Must go, work calls.

Mwah

sweet_pea
07-03-2006, 05:14 AM
meg how much older are we talking here ;)

wendy hope your computer gets fixed quickly. i hate being without mine and that time with only dial up was hideous LOL

megsa
07-03-2006, 08:19 AM
Sweet - He's fifteen years older...48 to my 33... Supposed to be doing lunch on Sat, will report all after...

sweet_pea
07-03-2006, 06:53 PM
ouch that really is a lot older! i used to like older men but now i prefer men my own age. they have more get up and go LOL

still tired and have a head cold but feeling slightly better. my weight is the same

Wide in Winnipeg
07-03-2006, 07:09 PM
Hope you feel better soon Sweet pea!
Meg~ that is abit older, but it is a date!! Have fun !

Just did 7 KMs on the stationary bike! Finally did some exercise! I think I'll do some more tonight!
Ciao!:dizzy:

sweet_pea
07-04-2006, 02:57 AM
well done wendy

i flattened about 50 boxes (seriously) and carried them out for recycling plus spent a lot of time chasing my dogs lol

megsa
07-04-2006, 05:41 AM
I did 10kms on the bike last night and read a Readers' Digest at the same time as watching tv! My mom was not impressed because it means that I read all the jokes to her! While she is trying to read herself!!

Don't know about my weight, but my pants all seem to be falling off again, as well as my rings!

I know that he's quite a bit older, but he seems to be much more on my level and gets my (obscure) jokes and just the whole deal. Anyway, it looks like Saturday is a definite (he says that he's sold his kids into slavery so that they don't get in the way!). I will keep you all posted.

Mwah

megsa
07-04-2006, 05:47 AM
What do you call someone who has just downloaded 1000 puns off the Internet?

Well e-quipped!

Wide in Winnipeg
07-04-2006, 01:48 PM
ROLF!!! Meg~ I love those Readers Digest too!
Going to take mom to the DR.'s today and maybe buy RJ a little wading pool, supposed to get up to 35 degrees in the next day or 2 so better be prepared!
Have a great day/evening/night!

megsa
07-05-2006, 02:46 AM
Wendy - I wish it was 35deg here! We're looking at a max of 17 today! It's not nice driving to work and getting here with almost frozen fingers. I do know that we're really spoilt in summer, but not so much in winter. There seems to be another cold front on the way so tomorrow may be a bit worse!

I managed another 10kms on the bike, but that didn't keep my feet warm during Survivor. Tonight is Smallville, so I'll try for 15km.

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
07-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Meg~ do you mean 17 degrees????lol! I hope not! That would be bikini weather here!
Loves ya!
W.

sweet_pea
07-05-2006, 08:25 AM
hi y'all

i still have a cold and i am struggling. very poor sleep. broken sleep and generally tired. very overemotional and was crying today for no reason. i went mad and binged tonight on pineapple lumps. oops just realised i didn't exercise either! hopefully better tmrw

we had a lovely sunny day today and i just lazed around after my outburst and silliness this morning. reading a good book!

wendy i thought you guys measured temperature in farenheit?

Wide in Winnipeg
07-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Sweet~ nope we measure in degrees and the states measure in farenhiet!
Having computer problems still, I might go MIA from time to time, I hope not !!
Catch ya later!

megsa
07-06-2006, 03:37 AM
Wendy - I know that you guys really have serious winter weather, but we have serious summer weather! I don't call it hot until about 30deg. It looks like another cold front on the way, so it's quite warm here today - 20deg. I've got a cousin who lives on PEI and they told me about how at Christmas if they go into the freezer to get a turkey they have to take off layers! That just plain freaked me out!

Sweet - Hope the today goes better. Binging on pineapple chunks is better than binging on chocolate! I've now gone 9 days without chocolate so far! I also did 15km on the bike while watching Smallville last night. Not really keeping tabs on the diet, but just trying not to overeat too much.

Work has arrived, so I'll be back tomorrow.

Mwah

sweet_pea
07-06-2006, 06:17 AM
17 degrees is definitely not bikini weather for me LOL. Wow you must be very bold to go out in that temperature

We are very mild here. It doesn't get too hot and luckily no cold weather. it doesn't get to freezing in this part of the country

Do you know what pineapple lumps are? They are chocolate covered sweets with a chewy pineapple flavoured centre. They are pure sugar & preservatives

Went to ballroom 2x today. first for a private lesson then home for mcd, then back for a group class and once again to mcd for dessert. i was so tired that i found it hard to think and get my mind around the moves but it's all progress. just have to keep practising and learning... the exam is just over a week away

Wide in Winnipeg
07-06-2006, 02:54 PM
I agree! I like the weather to be at least 25 deg before I put shorts on!! 30 is pure heaven for me since I'm usually cold, even at that I use a light blanket on the bed!!
Our winters are pretty cold though, -30deg and then a wind chill that makes it -40 or colder sometimes, just something you get used to! I walk around with just a winter jacket most of the time, no boo
ts/hat/etc for me!
Well, time for lunch!

sweet_pea
07-06-2006, 07:42 PM
are you serious? -40C. I simply couldn't survive in that. I feel the cold big time. Yday it was about 5C and I was in bed with my gloves on, 3 pairs of socks, tracksuit, 3 sweatshirts, 3 heavy blankets, a duvet and a bedspread and flanelette sheets... and i was still cold

today the weather is ok. i bought some gates for my driveway. now i need someone to instal them. i also have to dig a hole and put in my letterbox. has to be a huge one for rural delivery services. ugh i hate manual work. i was born for better things ;)

last night more broken sleep and this morning i could hear mice behind my head. i think maybe in the wardrobe in the next room. i popped the cat in the wardrobe but i think the mice hid. after 15 mins she gave a small miaow so i let the darling back out again. poor honey wondered what i was doing to her!

megsa
07-07-2006, 03:03 AM
Sweet - I agree with you about the weather. I'm almost always cold and the only person I know who gets cold when it's over 30deg outside and the air con is on inside! I used to work down near the coast and it used to get really humid in summer, but I still had a jersey with me at all times!

I also know what you mean about the pineapple chunks - I eat banana chips sometimes. The actual connection to fruit is more than 6 degrees!

I didn't cycle last night as my back was a bit sore and unhappy and seemed to still be this morning. It's not too bad now, but I'll keep an eye on it.

It looks like my mom is going away for the weekend!!! YAY!! Don't know where I'll be going for lunch, but I can walk to the nearest mall luckily!

May pop in over the weekend just to let you guys know how it went. Now I've got to try and find my desk under all the paper on it.

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
07-07-2006, 01:56 PM
OH! I hope you do pop in Meg!!!!! I'm so curious, or is that nosey??:D
Good luck on your date:hug:
Really ,really tired today, was up half the night reading a good book! Time gets lost when you're immersed in words....
Have a good day ladies!

sweet_pea
07-08-2006, 08:00 AM
MY NEWS is that i am massively stressed. as you may remember i have spent a lot of time and money on a legal case on the advice of my lawyer who keeps saying we have a strong case.

at the settlement conference the judge said he thought we had only a slight chance of winning but she insisted we had a good case. it was extremely hard as i was on the spot and had to decide whether to accept their settlement offer. it was only tiny and wouldn't have covered all my costs but it would have been over. anyway on her advice i turned down their offer

now i have seen their defence and i am really convinced my lawyer is wrong. EEEEEK major stress. this has cost me a fortune. i mean really i am not kidding. mega bucks. way more than she ever indicated and still not over. another $15K if i continue to court. $25k extra if they decide for the other side. it's just scary scary scary. especially as i now have no faith in her. when i heard her speak at the settlement conference let me tell you she was no ally mcbeal. she didn't sound half as persuasive or certain of herself in court.

HELP i have no idea what to do. i have spent a lot of time online trying to do my own research and ask various people. still don't know ... decision decisions

and the hardest part is not having a sounding board for it. i have to decide this all on my own

nooooo pineapple lumps are lollies not fruit. it's just sugary stuff covered in chocolate LOL

good luck on your date meg

Wide in Winnipeg
07-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Sweet~ sorry you're going through all this BS!!

Meg~ how was the date?

Off to the lake ladies, I'll be back on Thursday, take care, love ya,
W.

megsa
07-10-2006, 02:57 AM
Hey Ladies,

Sadly, the date was postponed - the midden hit the windmill at his work and he was busy putting out fires etc. We have rescheduled it til Wednesday night and will go out for dinner instead! As a result, I really overtaxed my pancreas this weekend - white bread, chips, doughnuts and marie biscuit fudge! (It's basically icing sugar, cocoa, eggs and biscuits! But really nice!!) Haven't put on any weight, but haven't lost either.

Sweet - that is so hard! Wish that I could be there as a sounding board! Why don't you go to another lawyer and get a second opinion? It may be worth the money at the end of the day.

How do I get my motivation back? I'm trying to make the exercise an (at least) four days a week, but that's only cardio and no weights. Diet is just not happening and I so want to get back on that wagon! UUURRRGH!!

Mwah

megsa
07-11-2006, 05:25 AM
It's 10:30 and my work is done for the moment and the boss is out, so I'm drinking coffee and reading my book - Is this not the life?

sweet_pea
07-11-2006, 05:09 PM
it sure is :rofl:

i'm up early. i got about 6 hrs sleep in one stretch. pretty good for me!

still trying to sort out what to do about the legal stuff. big decisions - very stressful. i have eaten masses of chocolate and fatty oily stuff. argh. i have to get on top of my eating. of course i say that every day...

meg - yes i have been thinking about a second opinion. more money though :(

megsa
07-12-2006, 03:01 AM
Sweet - may be more, but also may be well spent? Rather that, than even more if you go ahead and don't win the case?

I ate what I felt like yesterday and didn't manage to get on the bike, as someone came around to get all my tax stuff and so also ate late. Bugger. Still not sure if dinner tonight is on, hope to find out soon.

My boss is away for most of the day today, and I'm nearly finished with the work that I had to do, so the books are calling again!

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
07-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Hi ladies, how are you doing??

Wide in Winnipeg
07-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Well, going to bed soon, I'm beat. Nice almost chatting with you!! LOL!!
G'night

megsa
07-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Hey Wendy - it's not our fault that you're on the wrong side of the planet!;) The weekend has arrived and I may just kill the boss today. I get in and he's cleaned up my desk for me!:dizzy: I may just have to have chocolate to get me through, even though I'm trying to avoid it. I've got a 3 hour driving lesson tomorrow and then hopefully dinner out. I did manage to get on the bike last night and did 15kms, and will try again tonight as well. Trying to get some cardio in as the diet is non-existant.

Must go and earn the salary now.

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
07-14-2006, 01:54 PM
I thought it was you that was on the wrong side!!:D
Just going to take RJ to the wading pool for awhile today, hope he has fun!
Have a good sleep gals!

sweet_pea
07-15-2006, 09:12 PM
hi everyone

busy busy with court case and trying to fence the doggies in etc etc

sat my ballroom and latin bronze medal exams yday which was fun. my puppy hurt herself a few days ago so i am still nursing her. she lost skin over her eye and hurt her leg and got a puncture wound. not sure how. probably trying to escape !!!

diet is crap - absolutely must get it sorted. talk to you all soon

sweet_pea
07-16-2006, 11:06 PM
oh boy i feel really tired and grumpy this morning. positively hostile

i am aiming for a day of healthy eating but goodness only knows if i'll make it all the way thru on a healthy eating. i just want SUGAR :)

Wide in Winnipeg
07-17-2006, 01:03 AM
HOT!!! It's hot here!! Canadian hot spot at +35!!!:carrot: Gotta love it!
Nothing been going on here for awhile so I haven't been posting......oh and I'm bored stiff too!;) PMS is going to hit in the next couple days so I plan on being a real "B", to bad my son has to suffer along with me,poor kidling!
G'night.chat tomorrow

sweet_pea
07-18-2006, 08:36 AM
oh i want your summer lol
altho our winter hasn't been too bad. quite pleasant last few days but heavy rain forecast

law suit is still ongoing
diet is crap and i'm not doing any proper exercise just stuff around the garden

susie_sunshine
07-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey everybody! I was away for a while but i am back now and it's time to get down to business! Hope everyone is doing well!

sweet_pea
07-18-2006, 05:41 PM
welcome back susie. this is great!!!

wed morning here and once again i have great intentions. now i have to follow thru. i have to eat better and hopefully feel better

megsa
07-19-2006, 03:20 AM
Hey Ladies, I'm finally back! Had an extra day's leave to practice for the drivers licence - which I passed and now can legally drive without my mom in the car! Was really pleased to finally get home last night - was in the car from 9am til after 2pm. Had a tension headache and a sore back, so medicated with ibuprofen and donuts! Hope to get back on the bike again tonight.

The date - was ok. He's very interesting to talk to, but there was just no spark from my side. Luckily, I've still got another four guys that I'm chatting to ;)

No real other news, but wish I was in Canada to enjoy the warmth, Wendy. It has been quite warm here, but I fear that it is the calm before the storm (so to speak) and that there will be another cold snap soon!

Must go, sites to check and quite possibly work to do. ;)

susie_sunshine
07-19-2006, 11:30 AM
welcome back susie. this is great!!!

wed morning here and once again i have great intentions. now i have to follow thru. i have to eat better and hopefully feel better

My intentions are so great i've got my running gear on and i'm just waiting for the baby to wake up so i can go for a short run!:carrot:

Wide in Winnipeg
07-19-2006, 02:53 PM
oh c**p!!:mad: Lost my motivtion.....
Help!!!
So I was at the bar on Friday night and this guy that I've known for a long time finally realized that I am single so....he gave me his###!!He's pretty cute if you ask me..;)
OH, and I'm PMSing really badly, and can't wait for AF to arrive!:p
Susie, glad you're back, wanna send some of that motivation over??? Are you still doing the WW thing at Varcity View?

sweet_pea
07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Help!!!
So I was at the bar on Friday night and this guy that I've known for a long time finally realized that I am single so....he gave me his###!!He's pretty cute if you ask me..;)

:kickbutt: no excuse girlfriend!! if i had a date with a cute guy my motivation would be sky high. i'd want to be slim and trim and have lots of energy. i'd be exercising my butt off so i can go for long walks and go dancing and do fun stuff with him.

my motivation is returning as i have some ideas about promoting myself and my books etc etc

having said that i ate almost an entire packet of chocolate biscuits and a big bag of sweets yday. tsk tsk

susie let us know how the run went
beautiful sunny day :cool: here so i am off outside to have breakfast and read a book and think about my plans for global domination

Wide in Winnipeg
07-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Sweet~ Thanks for the kick in the ***, just what I need!!!

I have one of my ex's coming in from Virginia next weekend too so I better get my butt in gear and lose a pound or 2 by then.Not that it matters what he thinks because he's a heffer himself but so he can see that I can lose the weight. By the way, no, it's not RJ's dad, thank God!!!!! That idiot would think I lost weight because I was mourning him!! lol! IDIOT!! LOL!!!!
So this new guy is 41 with blue eyes, I likey!!!! He's pretty cute.....:p :dizzy: But I bet nothing will become of it!!!Have to wait and see....
Megsa~ to bad there was no sparks...on to the next one!!!
Susie~ how was the run?

megsa
07-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Glad to see you guys motivation is returning - mine is still awol! The weather is starting to warm up (but I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop) and that may help me to get going on the plan again! I'm hoping to get going next week again. That gives me a few days to start getting the head right!

Wendy - go for it! Cute guys are never to be sneezed at!

Well, looks like I might have a bit of work today, so let me be off to bug/nag the engineer to do it.

Mwah

sweet_pea
07-20-2006, 06:18 AM
Sweet~ Thanks for the kick in the ***, just what I need!!!
hehe glad it helped!

i have to admit when i see people from my "old" life or exes i always want them to see me as successful and vibrant and slim etc etc so it looks like they were sooooo unimportant and irrelevant and i am soooooo much better without them.

i went to dancing tonight - twice! learned some new dances including some old time and some tango. was good. but i'm very tired. i should go to bed i guess but i feel restless

eating not so good but at least i did lots of exercise

meg - enjoy your work. sometimes it's good to be busy

i'm trying to decide whether to go to bed. do some stuff on the computer, watch tv or read a book. hmmm decisions!

Wide in Winnipeg
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Sweet~ How about take a walk with the pups!!!!
Just trying to motivate myself to get my *** away from the computer!!:D
Today is my dads birthday(72) and we are going to go for dinner. I have no plans on behaving tonight!!
Have a good one girls!

sweet_pea
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
i'd love to walk with the dogs but it doesn't work. my street runs off a main highway and it has no footpath! i tried walking and it wasn't fun... well the doggies enjoyed it but i definitely didn't. i have to take them in the car to walk them which is a bit of a hassle

sweet_pea
07-20-2006, 08:06 PM
forgot to say. have fun at the birthday party. you're going to get drunk in front of your father??? wow you're brave hehe

Wide in Winnipeg
07-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Who do you think taught me to drink!!??!!!:lol:
I meant I was going to miss behave food wise!:D I did ok though and had some stomach problems after so I probably lost what was put in!Otherwise it was good!
Mom and dad have gone out to the bar now and Ryan and I are at home WITHOUT CABLE TV!!!! What to do!!:eek: Guess I'll pop in a flick for RJ and jump on the bike for awhile.....

susie_sunshine
07-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Help!!!
OH, and I'm PMSing really badly, and can't wait for AF to arrive!:p
Susie, glad you're back, wanna send some of that motivation over??? Are you still doing the WW thing at Varcity View?

I couldn't stand the meetings- the same stories over and over again! ug! All i wanted was the humiliation of standing in front of that person at the scale and I found that that was no longer motivating for me! I'm feeling good and I look pretty good th ese days and that seems to be motivation enough?!

megsa
07-21-2006, 03:02 AM
Hey Ladies, It's Friday again and I'm pretty pleased, even though I've only had a 3 day week! My engineer took me out to site again yesterday afternoon. That clinic is really not gonna be finished next week! The doc is probably gonna have a hissy fit!

My TOM arrived with a bang yesterday and so felt really narky in the pm with backache and general nastiness! Better this am and now I think I know why I've been craving the sweet stuff!

I'm going to start back on a more balanced eating plan from Monday (hopefully saying it here will help the motivation!). Exercise will also form part of this. Survivor finished on Tues, so that's another night I can get back on the bike in front of the tv. At least my weight has been fairly stable this last month or so.

Doesn't look like there's too much work going around today, so will surf while the net is quiet.

Have a lovelly weekend y'all.

sweet_pea
07-21-2006, 03:42 AM
Jasmine 1 : slippers 0

Wretched animal! Those slippers were only 10 days old and I splashed out for ugg boot style slippers that had sheepskin lining. Grrrrrrrr. The other slipper is of course useless.

I’ve been working on trying to get a forum installed. Turns out to be way more difficult than I thought. I can see getting it installed is going to be a big complicated job. Definitely not for the faint hearted. Ugh. I will have to spend more time looking into it. I want to add it to my website but I'm thinking it might be too big a challenge

I took the dogs for a short walk today. it wasn’t enjoyable. Jasmine sounded like she was being strangled – which probably isn’t too far from the truth. She pulled so hard all you could hear was her rasping deep breathing. Anyway they seemed to enjoy it and it’s exercise for me and a chance to breathe in lovely petrol fumes. Nothing quite like it:D

meg glad you;re feeling more motivated now but honestly don't delay starting. i find when i do that i go crazy and eat everything in sight saying my diet starts tmrw!

megsa
07-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Sweet - I'm really not good at dieting over weekends. Something about not having a specific routine just negates it for me. So, Monday is the day for me. My mom is helping at a Senior Citizen's Lunch tomorrow afternoon (very funny as she is one herself!) so I'll have a bit of time on my own to get my head straight and to decide on the manner. I've finished my book now and still have nearly an hour to go so will try to inspire myself! (And finish the cupcakes when I get home...)

Enjoy the weekend all.

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
07-21-2006, 07:23 PM
HI ladies, just feelin' lonely and sorry for myself today:( I think it's the PMS that has gotten me this way.....
I feel like getting out and having a few drinks with friends BUT I'm going to Brandon(2hours away) for a Moms night out tomorrow and can't have a sitter both nights!!This sucks......

Wide in Winnipeg
07-23-2006, 03:12 AM
:wave:

sweet_pea
07-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Meg what book are you reading? I've been outside working on dog proofing the place but I did get a little reading in. Definitely recommend Jack Kerley's the 100th man. fantastic book

I am going to do 10 days healthy eating - at least that's the plan - in the build up to my court case. Today is been pretty good so far but i am HUNGRY and not sure what to do/eat etc. I just had an apple and it's not filling the gap. I don't want to have too much water as it makes me run to the toilet. NOT FUN!!!

Wendy hope you cheer up soon and had a lovely time at brandon. did i miss it? how was your father's birthday?

catch you all soon

Wide in Winnipeg
07-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Dads B-day was ok, nothing spectacular.
Went to Brandon yesterday with 6 girls and met up with 5 others there! We had pasta for dinner but I'm proud to say I did well, I only had not even a quarter of my dinner!:)
AF is here for a visit and has made me bloated and crampy so I'm off to take a water pill and a asprin to cure what ales me, have good day!

megsa
07-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Hey Ladies,

The motivation seems to have settled in and I'm back on the healthful eating as of today with exercise thrown in. I read in a magazine that you must plan to exercise every day, because we only manage about 60% of what we intend, so that means we'll exercise 3 or 4 days out of 7! I'm hoping for one day at a time, then a week, then two etc until a month has passed. This is not a long time at the rate that the year is flying past.

The weather here is going a bit haywire. The Cape is freezing with snow and up here we're not doing to badly. The front is on it's way though and tomorrow may be a different story.

Sweet - I was reading a book called 'Tales from an Italian Garden' I think. It was really good and almost made me want to garden (and I missed that gene!)

Wendy - hang in there. Only a few more days to go. Mine has come and gone by the looks of things, and I thought that it would be much later with all the stress from last week!

Have a lovelly day all.

Mwah

Wide in Winnipeg
07-24-2006, 01:42 PM
Howdy!
I weighed in today at 136.0! Feelin' groovy:carrot: I've been as high as 141 in the past week and a half:o
Hot here, going to set up RJ's little pool again today and get some cleaning done also.
Have a good one!

megsa
07-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Hey there all,

Day 1 has come and gone with minimal cheating and 10kms on the bike! Managed not to have any Milo last night, although I was really craving the sweet! Lets hope day 2 goes as well.

mwah

sweet_pea
07-25-2006, 03:09 AM
i have great news: i was binge free on sunday and monday. it's tuesday today and so far so good!!! :D

well done meg. we are both on target. a few sweeties sneaked in yday but it was a lower calorie day and the scales are down. long may it last ;)

good news on the weight wendy

susie - where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?

megsa
07-25-2006, 07:50 AM
Sweet - that's wonderful news! I've been reading through a few of my old Self Mags to try and get the motivation going again. It's getting warmer and that also seems to be helping. I have been hungry today but it's nearly lunch time and I've got salad for that. If there's coldmeat I'll have some of that, but it may be pizza and I'll try for just one slice. Don't think that it can be that many points!

Wide in Winnipeg
07-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Come on Ladies!!! We are doing it!!!

I'm down another .5 today!!Yippee! Now if we can ALL stay focused we can get this bloody weight off!!

megsa
07-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Too Right!! Had the pizza for lunch, a bit of cottage pie and veggies for supper and then put in a hard 30min/10km on the bike! Even did some pushups after!

Here's hoping!

sweet_pea
07-26-2006, 03:00 AM
i had 3 BF days
today is BF but i had some wine and a little chocolate so that's not as good as i planned. haven't had dinner yet

yday i had lost 2 lb but then when i weighed this morning i hadn't??? i wonder if it;s because the floor is uneven and measurements aren't showing properly

wd wendy on the loss. hey meg. good going on the exercise

Wide in Winnipeg
07-26-2006, 03:51 AM
Sweet~ Get your A$$ in gear!!!
Well, I think I blew it....I drank tonight...:D feelin' good...going to bed...
G'night

Wide in Winnipeg
07-26-2006, 10:20 PM
Where is everybody???!!!
I'm getting my butt in gear and doing 10KMs on the ol' bike tonight while RJ is in the bath.
Have a good one!

megsa
07-27-2006, 02:47 AM
Hey Wendy - I took a night off last night. I had a headache on and off yesterday and my arms are a bit stiff from the pushups! Will be back on the bike and will see your 10kms and try for 15! It's Bones on tonight, so can easily do the whole hour!

Diet went well yesterday and then had heaps of roasted veggies for supper which was really good. So far today I'm only halfway through my first apple, but we'll hold thumbs.

Have great day/night...

sweet_pea
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
hi yall
still binge free but have been sneaking in sweeties popcorn and other unhealthy foods

bedtime. exhausted. catch you soon

Wide in Winnipeg
07-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Sweet~ Is that really you in that pic!!!!???? So cool to put a face to the writing!!Looks like I have a far share of reading to do!!!

RJ and I have a sleep in, just got up and it's 11:40am! Wow, no wonder I have a headache!We had a playdate planned but I can't get ahold of the other mom so I guess we will just do some house cleaning today.I'm going to try and get on the bike this afternoon to and maybe some ab crunchs!

Megsa~ Why don't you send us a pic so we can see your beautiful face too!

megsa
07-28-2006, 02:54 AM
Hey Ladies,

Wendy - I'll see what I can do. I know there's one on our companies website (that isn't too bad) I'll see if I can get it off. I did manage 15kms last night - did it in intervals as well, so nearly killed myself! Will try for 10kms tonight. It's the Charmed finale, so may not, but going out for lunch tomorrow so need it.

Sweet - good to hear that you're still binge free!! I did sneak in a few chocolate covered coffee beans last night! Only about 6, so hopefully the cycling took care of that. I asked my mom to make roasted veggies for tonight, and she's like, 'But it's Friday?!?' If I do have a sweet after, at least I've had my veggies.

Have a great day.

Meg

sweet_pea
07-28-2006, 03:40 AM
yes wendy that is me!!! i can post pix of my house and pets too :) i don't know how far you explored but that site links to my website and you can see the books i have written. i am still working on the website. originally my blog was about my pets but then i changed it:) always changing things

i'll put them at the bottom of this post. wendy how about a picture of you too? do you know that i will have my 40th bday in less than a month. i mean WOW a big big date

ok good news. no bingeing so that's 5 days INCREDIBLE. honestly the best i've done for a long time. have had some unhealthy food but all ok. today is potential binge. i'm having a few drinkies right now and that lowers my inhibitions so a binge is possible but it's okay i have reason to celebrate

things are coming together on my court case. we have the hearing mon-wed next week and it's pretty nerve wracking. also i have been organising to have stuff done around the house. i feel optimistic about it now i have seen all the evidence. fingers crossed it works out ok

today i took the dogs for a run in the park. took them into town in the car and let them have a romp. was hoping other dogs would be there for them to play with. sadly no dogs. tonight i did a little bit of dancing at home to music. i am still doing my dance classes. i think it's good for my psychologically as well as physically. dancing just makes you feel good :D

ok so here are the pix of the garden at my new place http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sfi_nz/slideshow?.dir=/a6c0scd&.src=ph

my doggies and cat http://jasmineandsaffie.myphotoalbum.com/slideshow.php?set_albumName=album01

megsa
07-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Have succumbed to some petit fours at the shop. Hope to control myself through lunch now!

Bugger.

Sweet - I'm trying to open the photos of your dogs now, but our internet is sooooo slow.

Wide in Winnipeg
07-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Sweet~ Your doing so well with the no bingeing!! I'm proud!
I did check that out!! I couldn't get to view the pics of the garden but I got to see the pups and cat!I'm glad things are working out for you with the court case!
BTW you look great for being almost 40 so you have nothing to worry about!:D

Meg~ Put those down!!!

Absolutly nothing going on here tonight, I'm bored and have decided to clean house all night. What a party animal! LOL!
I'm doing well with the eating, have not been bingeing or anything but not doing much for exercise(except cleaning)so the weight seems to be staying on. Oh well, whatever!
Have a good weekend!

BrodeyAmos
07-28-2006, 11:11 PM
:carrot: ok im back. its been a while so the only person i know in this forum is wendy. so hello to everyone else!!!!:wave: :wave: I used to be a 3fatchicks addict. i was lost but now i am found again. lol im back on track.

weight- 170
goal- 150
goal date- christmas!!!!!! :tree:

how about we introduce ourselves:

Name- Jen
age- 23
loc.-NY
fav. food- everything on a thanxgiving table
hates- lifting a finger, im very lazy

repeat after me

Wide in Winnipeg
07-29-2006, 12:07 AM
Yes!! You know me!!!:D
Glad to have you back on A Few Good Friends!
Jen was one of the original posters on AFGF, and she's a darlin', you are all going to love her!

Hey Susiesunshine,where are you??? Don't make me hunt you down!!LOL!

sweet_pea
07-29-2006, 06:50 AM
Hey Susiesunshine,where are you??? Don't make me hunt you down!!LOL!

Get your gun out wendy i think you will have to hunt down Susie :devil: she's MIA:carrot:

hi jen welcome back. my favourite foods are chocolate chocolate and chocolate. actually i like nearly all food. can't understand fussy eaters at all :) i am 40 in less than a month. counting down to my big day. in theory i am dieting to be slim on the big day but i'm not sure how that will go. my main focus at the moment:
- no bingeing!!!
- regular exercise
- being happy :D
- getting through the court case

hmmm petit fours. they sound delish. share them around meg

Mother visted today, and helped with some gardening. I gave her lunch and dinner. My cravings are very strong right now. was fine today. got mother a chocolate sundae and nothing for myself. But now I want wine and chocolate and binge binge binge. I finished off yesterday’s wine but that was only 2 glasses. Also had an apple. Was pretty soft. Okay will have to hang tough ;)

I'm going to go to bed and hopefully forget about food. it was very sunny here today but it is freezing tonight. not literally freezing. just by my standards. i'm a wuss. i don't like cold weather at all:(

Today I went to the second hand book sale. It's a big charity event and they have a warehouse of books supercheap. Wow what a lot of bargain hunters they were pushing and shoving. Most people were polite but there were a lot of men determined to get bargains and leaning all over me and putting boxes of their books where people couldn’t get around them. Some people would have taken > 100 books. I got about 15 mainly self help books, a couple of books on quotes to use in speeches and writing etc. I also ended up buying duplicates of some of my books because I realised when I was there that someone has half a dozen of my books and still hasn't returned them. I've sent her an email telling her to return them!!! we were quite good friends but she was being really rude about a mutual friend and complaining about her and i started to wonder what she said behind my back :o also i didn't think what she was saying about our friend was justified!

anyway it was a good day but i'm cold and tired so off to bed

Wide in Winnipeg
07-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Way to go Sweet!
Just really not up to much today. My back is pretty sore from all the scrubbing I did yesterday so I'm going to take my perscription pills and relax today!
Have a good one, I'll check in later.

sweet_pea
07-29-2006, 08:11 PM
i ate pretty well yday. today i have to do some stuff outside and pray it doesn't rain. i have a sinus headache today and not much sleep but otherwise ok

i especially hope it doesn't rain during the trial as i planned to put the dogs in their outdoor pen and it doesn't have a cover. drat

sweet_pea
07-30-2006, 06:12 AM
Today I have been prettifying myself ready for tomorrow’s big day. I washed my hair, cut my fringe (crooked), plucked my eyebrows. I tell you it’s worse than my first date ritual

I wasn’t too good today. I had a headache so I took a nap this afternoon and ate a superhealthy dinner. Steak, baked taties, salad.

I plan to do a bit of tidying and get everything ready for tomorrow. My food pens and paper, water, choose clothes, polish my shoes. All those fun things

wish me luck in court. i testify in just over 12 hours. eeek nerves are definitely starting to get to me

BrodeyAmos
07-30-2006, 11:59 AM
good luck sweet pea on your courtcase. i hope everything goes well. do u mind me asking what you are testifying against? feel better wendy. what were you scrubbing? lol im so outta the loop. haha

yesterday i did really well. lots of protein. hope i can stick with it.

talk to u guys later

JEN

Wide in Winnipeg
07-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey, good luck Sweet Pea!! You'll do fine!

Jen~ I spent the week scrubbin' and spit shining the house because my EX Fiance is staying here for a week while in from Virginia! My house wasn't dirty but I have to have it 100% when I have company!;)

So he showed up at like 12:30 AM and made me sit up and chat for 2 hours!:mad: I'm no longer a night hawk so I'm really tired today. I'm glad he left before RJ and I got up this morning!Who knows when he'll be back...
Since it's the weekend all I'm going to do is watch the food intake, tomorrow is exercise day:p

sweet_pea
07-30-2006, 04:22 PM
last night i slept like a baby - i woke every hour ;) feel a bit tired but don't have time to be tired. lots to do today. up and at 'em. talk to you all tonight

wendy - your ex fiance? do you still have a "thing" for him?

Jen the court case is against some people who were supposed to buy my house but didn't. it will be 3 days of BS lol. a bit nerve wracking but i feel okay. protein - excellent. i find that helps stop cravings for sweeties and gives me more energy

Wide in Winnipeg
07-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Na, he has a thing for me...
We broke up because he didn't want to come home from Virginia until a week before the wedding and then move me out there ASAP after telling him that I wasn't leaving Winnipeg!
His loss, not mine

megsa
07-31-2006, 03:16 AM
Hey Ladies,

Looks like it's been a busy weekend here. Mine was not.

Sweet - We had a book sale at the library on sat for the 'Friends of the Library' who help to buy books. I only bought 2, but my mom got 5! She now doesn't want to read them until after she's moved, so she's reading one of my library books.

Wendy - WTG on the cleaning. Not my favourite thing to do, but do enjoy it at times. I managed to lose 1.4kg!!!! Gives me motivation to keep at it. I'm also starting a weights/cardio 4 week programme today. Not too sure if I'll keep up the diet on Wed (moving day), but will try hard. Sadly, the petit fours hit the dust just after lunch on Fri, but I did have lots of roasted veg for supper!

Jen - Good to meet you. Also good to know that you found your way back.

Okay, work is calling, but I'll be back tomorrow.

mwah

sweet_pea
07-31-2006, 07:50 AM
It’s been a long day. I didn’t sleep well because the rats were partying in the ceiling most of the night. if I’d had a gun I’d have aimed it straight at the ceiling. I put poison out for them on Friday but they seem to still be alive and well darn them. Anyway went to court and did my testimony. I didn’t do too well I was nervous and it showed. But I don’t think it will matter, at the end of the day it will boil down to facts and those seem in our favour. We had 4 of our witnesses today and I was VERY impressed.

Ate really healthy all day today. a bit of chocolate but also healthy sandwich and dinner. MOre court tmrw so i have to get to bed...

susie_sunshine
07-31-2006, 10:58 AM
i have great news: i was binge free on sunday and monday. it's tuesday today and so far so good!!! :D

well done meg. we are both on target. a few sweeties sneaked in yday but it was a lower calorie day and the scales are down. long may it last ;)

good news on the weight wendy

susie - where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?

Where am I? It's a complicated question..... Physically, i was on holidays all week and ate and drank too much. Mentally I have no idea where I am- I know i'm very disapointed with myself and a little ashamed! I golfed every day (but used a cart- it was too hot to walk) but besides that I sat on my but and read a book- grrrrr what's wrong with me?

Wide in Winnipeg
07-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Susie~:kickbutt: :frypan: Now get you butt off that bed and go for a walk!Although it is hot here isn't it!It says it's 24 outside but it feels like 32! The humidex is the crazy thing!
Another boring day out here on the farm, guess I'll jump on the bike and do some crunches today. I to have lost some weight! I'm down to 133LBs!!:carrot: 8 more to go!Yippee!
Have a great day all!

susie_sunshine
07-31-2006, 01:01 PM
kinda feeling fluish today... and have to go help my mother pack....she's moving tomorrow....ug

Wide in Winnipeg
07-31-2006, 01:04 PM
AWWW (((Susie)))and I hit you over the head with a frying pan...;) Feel better soon!

sweet_pea
07-31-2006, 03:14 PM
i woke at 4am after less than 4 hrs sleep and couldn't get back to sleep so here i am! might take a nap before court today...

Where am I? It's a complicated question..... Physically, i was on holidays all week and ate and drank too much. Mentally I have no idea where I am- I know i'm very disapointed with myself and a little ashamed! I golfed every day (but used a cart- it was too hot to walk) but besides that I sat on my but and read a book- grrrrr what's wrong with me?

nothing wrong with you susie - you had a holiday!!! so now you're back and you can get your systems in place and get out there and exercise etc etc

well done on weight loss wendy!

megsa
08-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Sweet - Hope today's court went well. And WTG on the eating well while stressed - a very hard thing to do. My diet stalled a bit yesterday, but hope to get back into it today. Did do weights last night and tonight is cardio.

Sue - as Sweet says, you were on holiday! Think of it as a reason to now get back into it! I've found that reading some fitness magazines seems to help with the motivation, but also don't do too much if you're feeling ill.

Wendy - I'll see you on the bike tonight! Before that, I have to take my mom's computer apart for the move tomorrow. She isn't too stressed, but will be really buggered tomorrow night! Luckily not too far to go, only 8km. I'm taking the day off to help as brother dearest is away with work for two weeks - what a life - get to see the country on the company!

Mwah

sweet_pea
08-01-2006, 07:56 AM
need sleep! I got up before 5am and boy did it catch up. added to the stress of the days and all the need to concentrate. I came home ate some soup and hopped into bed at 630pm. I got 2 phone calls and there was some barking from Saffie so I got up again at 930pm for an hour. Have to admit I’m hungry now!!!

The day went well but slowly. Not sure everything will be done in time tomorrow. We still have to hear from the people who were supposed to purchase my house

Ok can barely keep eyes open. Going to find something else to eat then bed again. i will reply to everything on wed or thurs. right now just too tired

Wide in Winnipeg
08-02-2006, 01:33 AM
SO?????

Another day has flown by and with no great things happening... I like it that way!
Have a good day/night all!

sweet_pea
08-02-2006, 03:22 AM
absolutely shattered with this court case. eating fine, not much exercise. i'd love a hot bath or a spa but i don't have either so toddling off to bed. catch up properly when it is over. has been extended an extra day so i need to rest up. cheers all ;)

Wide in Winnipeg
08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
AWW Sweet, I hope it turns out well for you Hun!

Another boring day here. Going to eat right and exercise today and that's about it for me!
Have a good day!

susie_sunshine
08-02-2006, 07:37 PM
didn't get much exercise done today... had an extra 3 year old around the house and it was baking day.... After being gone for a week my garden exploded so i'm in green beans up to my arm pits- ug- can you say get the ziplocks?

susie_sunshine
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
i'm not exercising enough- in fact, lately i'm not exercising at all... i really have to change that- maybe it's time to hit the treadmill again....

susie_sunshine
08-02-2006, 10:47 PM
ok, so i made a step in the right direction and got a running plan suggested on one of the other threads. it's called couch to 5k. So according to this, i should be able to run 5k in 9 weeks (don't worry, i'm also laughing at myself!)

Wide in Winnipeg
08-02-2006, 11:26 PM
LOL! Tell me more!! I'm interested in hearing about it! Seriously:^:

megsa
08-03-2006, 05:04 AM
Ladies!

Sue - how we're wishing for warm weather here! A massive front has come through and we're nearly freezing here. It even snowed a bit up here in Jo'burg and the last time it did that here was in 1981! Yesterday when I got to my mom's new place at 9:30 it was only 4deg and didn't get much warmer. There have been floods and lots of snow in places that normally don't get, so the whole country is in uproar! I feel like an ice block with a dodgy knee. (I bashed it on a window sill while hanging curtains and now have a scrape and a huge bruise!)

The diet went out the window yesterday, but trying again today. Didn't exercise either because of the knee. Will give it a few days and then try again. My flat is now really empty with my mom having taken most of the lounge/sitting room furniture! She did leave me on two seater couch and a sideboard, so it's not totally empty. Will look into a dining room table on the weekend.

Must go. Actually have work although have ploughed through most of it now and the engineer has gone out so he's not hanging over my shoulder!

Meg

susie_sunshine
08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
ok well i just finished workout 1 of week 1 of C25K. It wasn't awful. It was brutal which makes me think it will take me double the 9 weeks to reach 5K. I can handle that!

Wow- snow-that nasty "s" word! thankfully we don't have to think about that for about another few months....right now my biggest worry is what to do with the 3000 lbs of green beans in my garden!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Ya,just think in 2 and a half months we will probably have that nasty "S" stuff!And the cold weather to go with it!EEK!Calgon take me away!
Anyway, just got home from a playdate so that was fun!RJ loves hangin' with his little friends!I think I'm going to blow the diet thing for tonight as I'm feelin' like goin' out for a few drinkies!:p :dizzy: Just gotta find a sitter....
Have a great day!

susie_sunshine
08-03-2006, 06:14 PM
drinkies.....mmmmmmmm love drinkies..... I have a golf lesson tonight so drinkies for me will have to wait till tomorrow!

sweet_pea
08-03-2006, 07:53 PM
i was BF for 11 days and no weight loss. makes me want to cry - instead i binged. i would love to weigh 130 but i am about 180. i have been making an effort to dress better and that helps as i feel better if i look presentable instead of wearing my fat clothes

it's sunny here today so i have to get outside and get some sunshine. cheer me up :D

susie - you made me laugh. i need to get back into exercise too. i go more on time than distance. actually i just walk until the dogs pulling my arms out of their sockets drives me crazy and then i turn around. some days we don't get past the corner of our street

we don't get snow here!!! EVER. and thank gawd for that

cya soon

susie_sunshine
08-03-2006, 11:15 PM
had an outstanding golf lesson! PGA look out (NOT). but now i'm dog tired- even too tired to type anymore so i'm hitting the sac! Wendy must be out getting herself hammered! Let's hope she gets lucky too!

megsa
08-04-2006, 03:26 AM
Urgh! Today seems to be the coldest so far! My flat is warm, but I was cold from the moment I got up! I look like the Michelin Man today from all the layers (4!). Fell off the diet wagon last night due to the cold and the bottle of choc spread, but it will have lasted 3 days which is a record for me! Probably because it's so cold that it's difficult to get it out of the bottle! My boss is away today, and I've typed the one letter required. Just have to send off some documents later and then I'm done for the day. Wish I could spend the rest of it at home in bed though! Will be gettin stuff to make a big stew tomorrow so that I can stick to the diet next week.

Meg

Wide in Winnipeg
08-04-2006, 03:44 AM
Well, not hammered as hope and home early too:( Got home by 1am and wish I had a few more drinkies...although I only spent about $5.00 and had more that 5 drinks....I'm such a lush...not!And no, I didn't get lucky..but I do get to come home and hog the whole bed which in my mind is better than having to deal with kickin' someone out before my son wakes up! LOL!
have a good day/sleep

Loves ya,
Wendy

megsa
08-04-2006, 10:33 AM
Wendy - I'm shocked - not! I can understand the 'getting him out befor dawn' thing, but I do miss sleeping with someone (even though I'm known for shifting around until they fall out!) I'm so bored now and nothing's happening. The boss has just left to collect a permit and I may just scuttle off just now befor I do something drastic!

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you all next week.

Meg

sweet_pea
08-05-2006, 08:04 AM
You would not believe the weather. Yesterday it was so hot I was wearing shorts. Today it is bucketing down. There are puddles everywhere and the place looks like it could flood. Incredible contrast. I guess I should expect the rain – it’s winter after all – but after a beautiful day yesterday I’m a bit shocked. I went out this morning and planted a few things while the ground was soft and the rain could bed it all in but I got too wet. I was soaked LOL.

Other than that it;s been a totally lazy day. Didn’t sleep much last night but I did spend 3 hours sleeping this afternoon. Definitely the weather to be snuggled in bed. Plus it’s first day of TOM so always good to rest up. I get zits when it’s TOM so the extra sleep helps get rid of them. Plus I am bored out of my skull. Don’t feel like reading. Nothing on tv, don’t feel like playing bridge. DEFINITELY don’t feel like working, tidying or putting away washing. Although I did make the supreme effort of chucking everything in the dishwasher and turning it on. The dogs are bored too. especially Saffie. They’ve been out to play in the rain but of course it wasn’t a lot of fun! Jazz zoomed around and got soaked to the skin but other than that it’s been quiet for them too

Eating has been crappy too. pasta for dinner. a muffin and a chocolate truffle (divine) for breakfast :shrug:

susie - you like golf? well i guess it could be good exercise but i've always thought it was a hideously boring game. i don't have the patience for it. plus it's hard to play well and i don't like anything i'm not instantly good at :D

i've missed something somewhere. wendy who did you go out with? and why did you get hammered? just wanting to let your hair down or something else going on? i'm such a granny these days. i just want to get home to my bed (without or without company). altho truthfully i'd be too embarrassed to go to bed with a guy. it would take me a month to get ready by the time i plucked and shaved everything, and got rid of all the zits and got over my nervousness. yup i'd definitely HAVE to get hammered before i went to bed with a guy. and that's not counting general apathy and the fact i'm barely fit enough to walk the dogs let alone anything else :dizzy:

meg how cold does it get where you live? its raining here but it's not cold at all. very mild. the rain definitely feels like winter. i think we are getting a whole month of rain in 1 day - but the temperature is not too cold. as for your 4 layers. sheesh that's a typical day for me. i feel the cold big time

susie_sunshine
08-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I never thought i'd like golf or have patience for golf, but it turns out that since i quit karate, i've been missing wacking at something! It's also an activity we cando as a whole familly!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I didn't get hammered!And was home early and alone! I'm turning into such a good girl!:D Just thought a night out with friends was a good idea since the only conversation around here is with a 2 year old!!
We are having a big rain storm here today and I LOVE it! It also means that I won/t be getting any exercise outside today..,that's ok I don't mind a day off.
Have a good day/evening/night all!

susie_sunshine
08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
i did my running workout again today! I'm so proud of myself- am doing some serious house cleaning and furniture moving today!

sweet_pea
08-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I never thought i'd like golf or have patience for golf, but it turns out that since i quit karate, i've been missing wacking at something! It's also an activity we cando as a whole familly!

oooh karate. are you one of those women that scale walls and assassinate the baddies :rofl: i'd love to do karate but it's too physical for me. i can't see why the whole family can't do it?

i slept forever last night. almost 12 hrs. it was broken but i am shattered. i need to break this cycle. i'm not getting anything done:o

megsa
08-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Hey Ladies,

I trust we all had a good weekend? Mine involved lots of dvd's. Four in total. Narnia (disappointing) Fantastic 4 (better) The Incredibles (wonderful) and Mysteries of Egypt (ok). Nearly went out for a movie with internet guy, but he got stuck and couldn't make it! Luckily! I feel no spark, but he still seems keen and I don't want to lead hime on or anything... I'm confused! I'll just hang on and see what happens.

Sweet - we're on the Highveld here and are high altitude wise, so it get pretty cold in winter. 0 deg and below, but with beautiful clear, sunny days! Always nice if you're out of the wind. Last week was a major cold front that came through and it was FREEZING!! Yesterday and today are better, but there seems to be another front on the way. I also know what you mean about all the 'upkeep' that needs to be done before inviting someone into your bed - the same applies to me! It's been so long I'm not sure that I remember what to do!!

I ate badly - WAAAY too many cupcakes, but I'm back in the saddle today. Have been taken out to a site earlier, so have behaved food wise so far. I made a big curry over the weekend, so that supper tonight, with extra veg!

Must go, letter to type.

Meg

sweet_pea
08-07-2006, 09:20 AM
yeah my eating was bad too. but i read some more jan burke. love her novels. not much exercise. actually none. talk about euphemism...

anyway midnight and bed here. talk tmrw when i might be feeling a bit more positive about eating and sleeping and exercising

megsa
08-08-2006, 03:02 AM
Sweet - I feel the same way, especially when my routine is broken (like with a public holiday tomorrow!) I did do some weights last night and will do some cardio tonight. Hopefully I can keep my eatins almost under control tomorrow. Doesn't help that my budget is strained and I only have healthy food in the fridge! I may take the time and make some hummous. That is at least healthy and I get veggies in easily! I get to leave early this afternoon as I've got to go pick my brother up at the airport! Should get home before 3pm, with FOUR dvd's to watch!!!

Have a great day, y'all.

Meg

sweet_pea
08-08-2006, 08:22 PM
i have stopped myself from bingeing but i am still eating >2000 cals per day and most of it is out of packets and tins so it's not healthy. hmmm have to do some more careful grocery shopping i guess

Wide in Winnipeg
08-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Hey, sorry I've been MIA but I'm getting ready to go out of town for a few days!! I'll be back on Sunday or Monday so have fun with out me!:hug:

Wide in Winnipeg
08-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Ok, bye, I'll miss you all!
Cheers!:D

megsa
08-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Hey Ladies,

I'm back after a nice day off - Women's Day! It was spent reading, watching dvd's and eating. The last was not good, and I'll start the diet again next week. The big boss is away for the rest of the week, so very little work is going to done in this office! Main plan for the day - to cut my nails!!! Have also brought two books so hope to get through to at least lunchtime! We may be going out for breakfast just now (that means whenever - it's a direct translation from Afrikaans). There is lots of mist this morning so it's quite cool, but will probably clear later.

Meg

sweet_pea
08-10-2006, 06:17 AM
back from the doctor today. very interesting. i will be having blood tests to check everything out (unfortunately the testing clinic had closed so i need to make another trip into town). I am still feeling dizzy and headachy but not as bad. She checked blood pressure and there is something hinky with my standing/sitting BP but probably not enough to be serious. The doc thinks that it is most likely withdrawal symptoms from stopping the antidepressants. I’ve skipped doses and stopped these pills several times without any side effects over the last 8 yrs but I guess it’s possible that at different times your body reacts differently. The blood tests are to check anaemia (possible as I have a blood clotting disorder like very mild haemophilia) and a few other things. She said it’s okay for me to stay off the antidepressants for now but to monitor closely. She said that she didn’t think there were any other options for me. so if I need ADs I would need to go back on the same pills (but at a lower dose) as she says we’ve tried pretty much all types of them.

my eating today has been bad and the exercise didn't happen. i was still a bit dizzy so i skipped dancing class.

hey meg the day off sounds gorgeous. do you speak afrikaans?

megsa
08-11-2006, 03:01 AM
Sweet - Sorry to hear about the blood pressure probs. I tend to get low bp at times and the dizziness is really not nice! As for the Afrikaans, yes, I'm fully bilingual. I mostly speak it here at work, as nearly everyone is Afrikaans. I unfortuanately don't speak too much of the other 9 official languages, but would like to!

My eating is also just beserk at the moment - definitely as a result of my routine being interrupted! Don't think that I'm even going to weigh myself this week, I'll just make sure that I read all my diet stuff again and start over on Monday. Having the pensioner move out and now having to do the cooking for myself has also made a dent in the diet. I was reading a vegatarian cook book last night and found some nice, not too difficult recipes that I want to try soon. Last nights supper was chocolate icing, curry and roasted veg and coffee!!

I'v just got hold of the new Kathy Reichs, so may not be doing much of anything tonight while I whizz through that. Also got a new thick Jilly Cooper!

Must go and print some docs before we go for breakfast!!

Have a good weekend.

Meg

sweet_pea
08-11-2006, 03:57 AM
have you read jan burke? i love her books.

you had chocolate icing with veges??? that sounds weird LOL

i'm pretty tired. i have been setting up a forum for mental health and well being. i got a bit over excited and stayed up too late and then couldn't sleep because i kept thinking of things. insomnia is also on the list of things hehe. hopefully it will drive traffic to my website too which would be great. but before that happens i have to put some articles and weblinks etc there

i need to get members. so far i am the only member ROFL. it's getting lonely. still it's been up < 24 hours so i guess i'm expecting too much.

megsa
08-11-2006, 08:13 AM
The icing actually bracketed the vegies!
I do think that you should give your forum a few more days at least! I'm off to the library tomorrow, maybe this afternoon if we leave early and will make sure to see if I can get one of her books. Our libraries are not always great, but it means that I don't have to buy all of them! We went out for a huge german breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage etc, so lunch is being skipped.

See you Monday.

sweet_pea
08-12-2006, 07:09 AM
hmmmm i still think the icing and veges sound strange!!!

still feeling a bit blah. light headed and tired and not getting anything done. i feel like it was a bit of a waste of a day. did some lawnmowing and other than that i just fluffed around and felt sorry for myself

had a big dinner. not really a binge. had some healthy veges in it but i did have some junk food earlier in the day. no exercise

so far noone is flocking to the forum hopefully it will pick up once i've done the press release but i was hoping to get a few more posts in there before i tell the world about it!!!

megsa
08-14-2006, 03:01 AM
Monday has arrived! My joints are all achy from all the sugar that I've consumed this weekend and now my right wrist is also feeling a bit dodgy! Have decided that it must from PMS that I'm so out of sorts and craving sugar. The diet is being re-started today and will make a point of getting some cycling in every day so as to keep the joints okay! It's especially bad when my thumbs are as sore as they've been this weekend. Didn't bother to weigh myself yesterday so just going with the last weigh-in!

Must go as work is calling.

Meg

sweet_pea
08-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I've started exercising!
It was a struggle and I definitely did not want to but I forced myself to walk the dogs for 20 mins. I am trying very hard to keep my promises to myself. We walked 10 mins and then turned around. I liked the feeling of achievement and being out in the fresh air. It was good to leave the house. I’ve been here 9/11 of the last days. I’d be lying if I said the walk was enjoyable. I get spooked by cars going so close by and Jasmine gets frightened too. but we did it and I can tick it off as a start in the right direction

The food was a total disaster so we;ll just not mention that :D and my fatigue is still an issue but i'm hoping the exercise will help

Meg i've not heard of sugar or PMS causing aching joints??? are you talking about arthritis or general aches? there is a type of arthritis that is affected by starch and best suits a low carb diet, otherwise aches are not really related to diet. ok not true. magnesium and calcium deficiencies can cause problems.

have a good day

megsa
08-14-2006, 09:01 AM
Sweet - It's osteo-arthritis. Especially in my hands and knees. I did a quick trawl through Patrick Holford last night and he mentions that sugar is a nono and given the amount that I consumed this weekend :yikes: I'm not really surprised that everythings sore! Since last week I've noticed that my knees are also especially creaky - I sound like castanets in stereo when I get up out of a chair! ;) I may be lacking a bit of good oils as well - ww means minimal oil added to food. I've managed to deep six the diet again today, so may just try to do exercise this week while trying to keep the eating under control! WTG on the walk!!! I'll try for at least 30min on the bike tonight.

Have a nice evening.

sweet_pea
08-14-2006, 06:44 PM
ok have you tried apple cider vinegar? it helps with arthritis. taken first thing in the morning with water and also again at night? the other things as i'm sure you know are low starch, low GI, flaxseed oil, reducing weight and increasing stretching and exercise. it sounds like you are on the right track

i binged and i am stillo eating cookie dough this morning. yummy in a bad way

Wide in Winnipeg
08-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Sweet~ Step away from the cookie dough!!!!

Ok so I'm back from my little trip,I gained 2 pounds, but I think it's water weight, and I'm SOOO tired, I'll have to catch up on the posts tomorrow,G'night!

megsa
08-15-2006, 03:06 AM
Sweet - I haven't tried the Apple Cider Vinegar, but do take EPO, Salmon oil, calcium, vit c and a few others. I have one that I take that has tumeric, boswellic acid and other things, that I can't do without!! I did manage 32min on the bike last night and then did one set each of a number of exercises - crunches, rows, curls etc. Wrist still sore today, but did manage to get quite a bit of sugar in yesterday again. Have decided to just ride it out this time, while trying to keep it sort of under control! (Wish I had cookie dough to eat!) I may include flax oil as well, as I only get about a tablespoon of mayo per day, with minimal other added oil!

Wendy - good to have you back. The rest of us are also battling, so take heart! I think that I need to revamp my diet a bit again! Will be going to the veg shop this afternoon, as my brother said that they had really big butternut yesterday! I'll also stock up on other stuff.

Have a great day, y'all

Wide in Winnipeg
08-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I just feel like eating unhealthy but at the same time I'm dying for a chicken ceaser salad, that's crazy!
Almost lunch time here so I better go and get something on the table for RJ and I, I'll be back later to chat.

sweet_pea
08-15-2006, 08:25 PM
hmmmm yumnmy
have the salad. has all the major food groups

my blood tests came back low iron. not anaemic but it will be contributing to the high levels of fatigue

meg i know people who swear by the apple cider vinegar. it can also be taken with a little honey. both are supposed to help with arthritis. he says it makes it a lot easier for him to run. with salmon oil you have to be careful of mercury poisoning. i can't remember all the details but it depends where the salmon is taken from

i have been up half an hour and i am still so tired my eyes can't focus. i totally loved that cookie dough yday but i have to try to be good :)

i want to go for a walk but i don't want to go on these busy roads so i may think about taking the dogs into town in the car

megsa
08-16-2006, 02:49 AM
Sweet - cookie dough is good, but the slump that follows isn't! I LOVE any kind of dough. As for my aching joints, I read up on an Arthritis website yesterday with hints from sufferers and looks like sugar is a big issue. I think my flairup was a combination of butter and sugar! I tend to ear very little added fat and had a fair wack over the weekend. I've now got myself some raw honey and will be trying that for a week or so. The wrist isn't improving, but isn't getting worse either. If it's not better by next week I'll have to see about going to the doctor. I exercised for 50min last night and even made it up to my moderate heart rate! I did 16kms! Will do it again tonight, but maybe only 10kms, as the 15 really tires me out and don't think that I should do it two days in a row. I had a healty dinner with fish, cabbage and butternut with strawberries to follow. Strawberry season is on here and it means that I'll eat them til they come out of my ears!

megsa
08-17-2006, 05:18 AM
Diet still a bit dodgy, but managing to keep sugar to a minimum - except for with my strawberries! Did 10kms on the bike last night and will aim for 15kms tonight. Not sure what's for supper, but it may be curry and veg. Got some lovelly baby gem squash (they're round and green with pips in the middle and quite a watery texture) and they were really good! I just boiled them up and ate them with a bit of salt. A friend is visiting from the UK so she's coming for supper tomorrow, and I'm thinking pizza! I don't want to have to run around like a headless chicken cooking before she comes.

sweet_pea
08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
i am a bit run down. i got out of the house today and did some stuff in town but it was hard going. glad to be back home :)

right now i am trying to relax with a book - 12 sharp by janet evanovich. i needed something totally different to relax. the other book i am reading is a memoir on self harm and that is a bit hard going. i get quite ill when i read about her cutting herself!

meg - i adore strawberries. i have put a whole lot of plants in my vege garden. i am so looking forward to getting strawberries in a few months! i might have to put some netting over them so i can beat the birds and snails to them. greedy sods get at them if i am not careful

nothing wrong with pizza for dinner if you also have a salad to balance it and don't have one of those deep dish fried ones. the thin crusts are supposed to be more authentically italian. i like the topping better anyway!

wendy hope you're doing ok

what happened to that chap you dated a couple of times? is he still around

megsa
08-18-2006, 02:51 AM
Sweet - I wish I had that book! I got the new Kathy Reichs, but will have to wait until payday for the Stephanie one! Damn! Dit has been ditched for the day and didn't cycle last night. My wrist is still giving my jip and I'm going to have a chat with a nurse friend today to hear what she says. It feels constantly like it been twisted/sprained but isn't swollen or hot. Very confusing and irritating as I'm starting to favour it and it makes life difficult. (Pout, pout)

Otherwise, I'll be off to the library tomorrow as the books from last week were really dire and have also managed to misplace one! Given the amount of books lying around it's not really surprising, but would like to not do that twice in two weeks! (I found the last one under my bed!!)

mwah

(Wendy - Where are you??)

Wide in Winnipeg
08-18-2006, 03:25 AM
:p I'm here!!! I'm just getting carried away with some Geneology stuff! You know, I think we are all related.....:dizzy: LOL!

Nothing new on the diet front, teehee, I've been eating like food is going out of style:o just a phase I'm going through;)
Oh, that guy got scared away by a 2 year old, we don't need people like that around anyway, I mean who in their right mind would say "hey, lets go to Mexico for a week!" and me say" I can't go because RJ can't leave Canada", then he says" can't you leave him with your parents?"
and I say" he's not a pet that you can just leave you know, like it takes more than putting freash food and water out and letting him go outside to pee!!!He's a little boy who needs stability in his life and I'm the one to provide that since his father is a freakin' CRACKHEAD!!!!!!"

Huh....Maybe it was my *****iness that scared him away...LOL!:lol: :rofl:
Oh well, many more men out there for me to scare with my ethics,teehee!!
Off to bed,nite!:) :hug:

sweet_pea
08-18-2006, 03:49 AM
i've been on a reading binge - i finished 12 sharp (evanovich) and today i read judge & jury (patterson).

i was a bit disappointed with 12 sharp. it was less of a mystery and more or a love story. altho there was a kidnapping and other "danger" the main story was her being torn between 2 lovers and wanting both ranger and morelli. there was some good humour in that and i was faintly jealous that she had 2 hotties in pursuit but i was really looking forward to the twists of a mystery. and at the end well don't want to give the plot away but the bad guy that almost killed her is on the loose and they let her go home alone . i mean honestly. of course it wouldn't be safe. it was like one of those movies where you're screaming don't go in the dark room with the bodies that have just been carved up. sheesh!

my health is still not great. getting strange hot and cold feelings in my hands and feet and still a bit dizzy. haven't picked my prescription yet for iron pills. as for the hypertension... i guess i just have to slow down and relax a bit.

am a bit sad about my birthday. no party. in fact looks like i'll be alone on my 40th. i just wanted to run out tonight and get pizza. i still might haven't quite decided. i had a healthy lunch if you don't count having dessert before and after. if it was possible to get delivery in the country i'd have ordered pizza up in a flash. now i am thinking i'd like pasta but i don't have any cream for the sauce.

interesting on the dating wendy. still an invite to mexico that does sound nice :D

megsa
08-18-2006, 09:31 AM
Wendy - sheesh, what a man! They don't think before they speak do they? Being a ***** is never bad, in fact, I have a key ring that says, 'You say I'm a *****, like it's a bad thing!' I call it honesty! My diet has ground to a halt, two boxes of smarties and a pie for lunch and the much anticipated pizza for supper. Will be getting a veggie one as well as chilli doesn't agree with brother dearest! Looking forward to it.

Sweet - my birthdays always end up being an anti-climax. Mostly because most people forget about it! Comes from being an almost-Christmas baby! We'll just have to have a party in various places for you! I know the feeling about ordering the pizza in! It is quite expensive to do it here, so I only do it rarely. Now that I have transport, I can just drive there and get it!

Waiting with bated breath for the day to finish especially as by book is nearly gone as well.

Have a great weekend.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Always forget that it's like a day ahead there so...
Happy Birthday Sweet Pea!!:D

sweet_pea
08-19-2006, 01:48 AM
thanks wendy!!! you're okay. it's not until sunday :)

thanks for the birthday wishes

it's just that it's my 40th so it's not like a "normal" bday but meg you're so right a birthday around xmas is often forgotten or combined into xmas so i guess that's one good thing for me

eating leftover pizza today for breakfast. and lollies. ugh

as for wendy's date - i can see both sides of it. if you've only dated a couple of times i don't know that i would expect to do "family" things together. to me taking a child on a holiday is a serious thing and as a child who has been taken on holidays by dating parents i would rather NOT have been there. it was disturbing for me to see my father with another woman and have to act like i liked her and sit down and have meals together and live in close proximity for a weekend or a week. they bought me gifts and stuff but i think it's pretty heavy duty and it was hard for me thinking it might be a family and then they stop dating.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-19-2006, 03:24 AM
Ya, I would never put my son in a position like that at this age! Can you imagine.."come on son, lets go to a foriegn country with this guy that neither one of us know worth ****, and have what would most likely be a horrible time".
Nope I'm not that kind of mom:D And Ryan comes first not some nutjob who thinks I'm just going to drop my kid off on the neighbors door step and go have a good time and forget about my responsibilities...
Anyway, I know I'm early with the B-day thing, but I figure by the time you read it your B-day would be here!:)
Have a good one and I'll catch ya all tomorrow,I'm off to bed!

sweet_pea
08-19-2006, 07:23 PM
thanks wendy. yep it's my bday today. jsut deciding what to do. i hear french toast with bananas bacon and maple syrup calling me, but i'm a bit lethargic. can't be bothered hopping in the shower and driving into town
]
it's an incredibly nice day. hard to believe it's winter. lovely warm sunshine. forecast was for rain but hey the sungods said no rain on my 40th

Wide in Winnipeg
08-20-2006, 01:33 AM
Glad theres no rain...what r u going to do today????

sweet_pea
08-20-2006, 08:18 AM
ha did big fat nothing. was a disappointing day. place i wanted to go for breakfast was closed and i was listless. napped for a few hours this afternoon and ate junkfood. that was about it

tmrw have to snap out of this and start looking after myself

megsa
08-21-2006, 03:50 AM
BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETPEA!!

Hope that you have and AMAZING 40th year and that it's your best ever!

I'm at the moment microwave-less. Seems to be problem with the magnetron so had to take it back to the shop on Saturday and will have to wait two weeks for it!:( Can see myself popping in with my brother a few times a night to heat up my food!:D

My weight is up, but hopefully my motivation is as well. I'm off to the doc tomorrow to have my wrist seen to. A nursing frieng gave me a consult over the phone and said that it sounded like carpal tunnel syndrome. If they do have to operate, it must be done soon, as our other draughtslady is pregnant and goes off at the end of September!:eek: I don't think that I could wait until Dec (when we close) and don't want to make it worse by waiting too long. Not very keen on the idea of surgery though :eek:

Chat tomorrow.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-21-2006, 11:07 PM
So Ladies, off to bed soon,early to bed, early to rise and go to the lake for a few days!!!
I'll catch ya all when I get home! Take care now!

megsa
08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Hey Ladies,

Another day comes with a bit of work and now nothing. The doc says that I don't have carpal tunnel, just a flare up of my arthritis! She has given me a splint that I have to wear while driving and sleeping. I work it last night and seemed to spend the night dreaming of being bound! It's uncomfortable to wear in the car and I'm a bit worried that I'll do more damage to my thumb while wearing it. Will just see how it goes. Diet going well so far and the exercise plan for the month starts tonight!

sweet_pea
08-22-2006, 08:26 PM
hi there
i am still eating but at least this time i added rolled oats to the cookie for fibre!

i am at a cross roads. thinking about what i want to do and not being sure about a lot right now. i am doing 1 exercise where you have to name 20 things you enjoy doing. so far i've only thought of 12. have to keep working at that. i need to lift myself out of this phase

i am also off to the doc tmrw. woman's problems. too icky to describe here ;)

hope they can do something for your wrist. did you try the apple cider vinegar?

megsa
08-23-2006, 02:56 AM
I've been reading Patrick Holford again and have now added ginger to the cinnamon in my oats - surprisingly good! The secretary and I are doing a Self Magazine plan called 'Meet your Goals'. It's a four week programme with cardio and weights and an eating plan (which I skip because I can't get the foods they mention). I started last night and did weights and cardio (the joy of Days and other programmes!) I did it last year and I lost a decent amount of cms, so I'm hoping for the same this year. I've also been back on WW for two days now and have stuck to it - we'll keep hoping. Tjhe weigh-in on sunday was a shock! Thanks for the sites - I'll be checking them today as there doesn't seem to be too much work so far.

Glad to see that you've added some oats to the dough for fibre!

sweet_pea
08-23-2006, 07:31 AM
well good luck with that. always worth looking into

i went out to dinner tonight with my club and went to a thai place. was pretty good! and i got the cup for best speaker of the year. wow unexpected

went for a short walk with the dogs today. not much but it's partly psychological. just getting out the gate is an achievement!

megsa
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Congratulations on the award! Even better in that it was a surprise. Also on getting out the door for a walk. Every step is an achievement! My TOM has arrived with a bang and combined with the sore wrist, I just want to go home to bed! I've just taken some drugs so that may change a it later. Took 5min out to work out how many points in a punnet of strawberries and it looks like I can eat one without deep sixing the diet - Yay! Will stop for veggies on the way home and will then throw together a casserole for tomorrow night. Really bored here at the moment and know that I should be studying, but keep putting it off...procrastination is my middle name!

sweet_pea
08-23-2006, 09:53 PM
i had a tooth extracted today. wow i just feel so tired. didn't sleep well from the pain and now i have to think about replacing the missing tooth as it leaves one molar on it's own and it won't last thru all my nut nashing. rats

oh i think you should be able to eat strawbs! they have no fat and lots of vits and minerals. i'd be v upset if i was not allowed to eat them

megsa
08-24-2006, 02:50 AM
I worked out that a punnet is only 1 point! Needless to say, when I got to the shop, they had an even better special - 3 punnets for R10! (Not sure about the exchange rate to NZ$, but at the mo it's about R13,50/pound!) I ate one last night and have worked two punnets into today's menu! May start looking a bit round and pink soon. I didn't feel like exercising last night, but ended up doing workout no. 2 of 40min. My legs were really stiff before and I thought that it might help them a bit. They're still there this morning, and we'll see how the day goes - weights tonight! My wrist was a bit better last night but aching a bit again this morning. We're having major rain again today - wish it was Saturday so I could have just stayed in bed!

I'm having a week of constantly having to check what day it is! Happens every now and again and is a bit frustrating. Anyway, hope your toothless spot feels a bit better. My mom has just been for two crowns and is trying to get me to go - No Chance! The dentist says I must come for a clean as the woman who does it isn't allowed to drill!! My dislike of the dentist comes from many years of braces, extractions and operations!

sweet_pea
08-24-2006, 06:20 AM
i'm meant to get a bridge and crowns at a cost of $3000 EEEEEK!

I had some strawberries tonight too but mine were dipped in gooey chocolate sauce hehe

megsa
08-24-2006, 08:42 AM
There is nothing like strawberries and choc spread!! I've just had a white hot dog roll that was not on the plan, but it's cold and wet and I felt like it!! Wasn't going to do cardio tonight, but may do it now to work off the roll and still be able to have more strawberries!

Now just waiting for the boss to leave - he's off to a meeting soon and then some of us can maybe slip away early - little work, lots of reading! I did look through one of my subjects - Surface Protection of Metals for a bit and then read another book. Have also been working out budget for the new month! That's really a shock!

megsa
08-25-2006, 02:50 AM
Fell off the diet wagon last night - added some cheese to my chilli, ate two punnets of strawberries with LOTS of sugar and then had two grande mugs of coffee with rusks! Did do the weights workout and still stiff today. I aim to get back on the wagon for today and to try to keep my eating in check for the weekend.

The boss has taken today off, so very little will be done today. Hope to get away a bit early so I can hit the library today. Also need to put in petrol or I'm not going to make it home :o That could be really embarressing! I've brought some of my photos to put in a frame for something to do today!

sweet_pea
08-25-2006, 03:49 AM
are you ever busy at work? it seems like you're underutilised..

fresh fruit dipped in chocolate is divine. i'd love to have one of those chocolate fountains for a party. that would be neat

i walked today and did a little dancing yday (only a few minutes)
so far eating is good

sweet_pea
08-25-2006, 03:50 AM
wendy? susie? jen? anyone else?

i'm thinking we should call this the sweet-meg thread cos we seem to be the only ones here...

megsa
08-25-2006, 05:53 AM
I do sometimes have work and last year there were days that breathing was barely an option! We do have quite a few jobs in the pipeline, but they're just taking a long time to get going! My PE is also getting a bit antsy as he's not used to just sitting around. We had a big contract last year for one of the cellphone comp, but that fell away this year.

Eating not good - had good breakfast and a while ago I had a toasted cheese sandwich for a mid-morning snack. Trying to get my head around not going off the rails tonight - sort of my thing to do on Fridays! Planning to get a dvd as nothing on tv tonight and then do some bike time as well.

Think we might have to send out some pm's to some old timers to get them back!

Have a nice weekend.

sweet_pea
08-25-2006, 06:43 PM
if it's only going to be the 2 of us then we might as well just email or PM each other...

megsa
08-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Looks like that's the way to do it.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-28-2006, 07:09 PM
:D Home from the lake, did you miss me??? How dare you leave me alone here and PM each other!! LOL!!! Anyway glad to be back, I only gained half a pound from comsuming all the garbage that goes along with camping!
I'll have to catch up on posts a little later....

megsa
08-29-2006, 03:21 AM
Hey Wendy,

Glad to see you're back. I trust you're now rested and ready for winter? Summer is on it's way here, but I do think that there's still one or two cold fronts to come through before the heat really starts!

I fell off the wagon last night, but have managed to catch up to it again this morning so far. Managed to get a few more punnets of strawberries yesterday (6!!) and have already consumed two. I do think that I may reach stawberry saturation point somewhere around the weekend!

Have got stirfry planned for tonight and really looking forward to it. I've got everything that I need and am already having fantasy moments! If I make enough tonight I've then got for tomorrow as well.

Have made plans to do some studying today instead of just reading all day - hope I manage to get some done.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Morning! Today I'm in search of canned green tomatoes!!! My GF made some authentic mexican guacomole when they were here a couple weeks ago and now I am so craving it!
Just think, low fat and healthy!!Except I have to take it easy on the nacho chips!

megsa
08-30-2006, 03:02 AM
Canned green tomatoes??? Can't get over how much stuff you guys get in tins! We get baked beans, various forms of (ripe) tomatoes, asparagus, peas, sweetcorn and that's about all.

I did weights last night and my wrist isn't too happy about it, but I've done it.

Have got some work today - damn!

Good luck with the recipe.

Wide in Winnipeg
08-31-2006, 01:24 AM
:D I didn't think there was such thing as green tomatoes in a can either!! ya, we really do have alot of canned stuff here in Canada, I think at one point you could get a chicken in a can!! NOT joking either! LOL!
Well, off to bed now,good night!
Sweet~ where are ya?

megsa
08-31-2006, 02:56 AM
I'm trying a new twist on WW and yesterday was a high point day - I was really full when I got home last night and still had to eat supper! Managed that - stir fry, without rice as I got home a bit late. Today is a normal day, which means I can fit in one punnet of strawberries instead of two! Will have to make a trip to the veggie shop to get more! I've still got enough stir fry for tonight as well, which means that I just have to think up something for tomorrow night!

Minimal work today, so I HAVE to study! Can't just sit here surfing or reading!

Wide in Winnipeg
08-31-2006, 03:07 AM
I could go for a stir fry right now:T :drool:
BUT I put a pkg. of those chinese noodles in and mix the powdered pkg. in with the veggies:o I think that's a no-no:nono:
Teehee, night again! LOL

megsa
08-31-2006, 09:26 AM
I used to eat those noodles all the time and that may explain why I weigh what I do! I eat very little past now, although I did buy some ww stuff earlier in the week - and then my brother came and borrowed it from me that night!

Stir fry again tonight and then it shoudl be finished. Trying to think of what to eat tomorrow night so that I don't deep six my diet!! Very hard as Fridays I tend to let go and eat what I feel like!

Sleep tight.

Wide in Winnipeg
09-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Looks to me like we have to start a new "A FEW GOOD FRIENDS", I'll do that now!
See ya there!!