Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - Week of June 19th/06

Gotta run off to a meeting, but thought I'd get the thread started. I notice a plea for help from another lifetime member but since I don't have kids, I can't offer any advice.

How was your weekend? Great weather here, for a change. I did a lot of puttering and house cleaning. My book exchange planned for yesterday was a complete dud - one person showed. Actually, it wasn't supposed to be a large group, but the folks who didn't show didn't even call?? What's with that? I went to some trouble, but not a lot, thankfully.

My running group got out for a 9k run on Saturday then met to set some goals. Most of us want to improve our half marathon times. I intend to run two in the fall, two weeks apart. The first is actually a training run for the second which is at the end of October. My other goal is to lose the rest of this weight. Sigh - isn't it always??

Nighttime eating attrocious. I will have to change my routine at night for a while to get out of this bad habit. I know that's all it is, but it's hard to grapple with in the moment.

Susan
Old 06-19-2006, 07:52 AM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Susan, thanks for starting the thread. Sorry about the book exchange--what is it exactly? It sounds interesting since I like books! I've not had much trouble with nighttime eating, but I know that it can be a hard habit to break (DH has it). Sounds like you're progressing with your running. I can't imagine running a 1/2.

I had a horrible weekend, too, with food. I ate sweets. I was in a Canterbury Tales show and they served authentic mevieval food and there was this herbed bread that was so great!! Of course I had to have a bunch! Oh, BTW I'm a breadaholic. Yesterday it was rainy (strange for here, but welcome), so I just puttered and then watched the US Open golf tournament. I was like a slug. DH was working. I did take a nice walk on the beach between rains.

How is everyone else?
Old 06-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #3  

Hi Lisa. The book exchange was just something that a friend and I dreamed up one day. We both love to read and spend a lot of $$s on books. We thought it would be nice to get like-minded people together. Everyone brings 10 books or so, and we exchange for ones we haven't yet read.

This was my first attempt, and I did get some new ones from the person who came. So it's definitely something I will try again.

A walk on the beach sounds divine. I biked along the shore on Friday, out toward the golf course on the point about 3.5 km from my home. Great little diversion and a good opportunity to check out how my bike is working.

Susan
Old 06-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I'm back from NYC, I lost my wireless in the middle of the meeting, so I was without internet access. Sigh.

Sounds like everyone has been busy. I like the idea of a book exchange and a walk on the beach sounds great.

The night time eating I can't say much about other than sometimes brushing my teeth helps.

BBL!

lala
Old 06-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #5  

Susan, the book exchange sounds like a great idea! What genre of books do you like? I like mysteries of late. I've also become a Janet Evanovich fan.

lala, sorry about your wireless. That happens frequently here and no one knows why.

Hi, Melissa, Pam, Austin, and Julie.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #6  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

Hello Everyone
I am back from vacation - by the work on my desk - you would think I was gone weeks - but it didn't even feel like a week.
Well I watched what I ate on vacation (but with staying with family I didn't have much say in what was being cooked) walked almost everyday and had WI this morning - I lost 1.2 lbs. WOW I couldn't beleive it since while I was on vacation I ate at a Sonic - if anyone knows Sonic - they are awesome!!
I guess all the Iced Tea and Water and walking helped (I drank almost a gallon a day)
I have one more week of maintenance to get my lifetime membership. I them want to loose another 10 lbs! I am getting so excited!
I love the idea about the book exchange - If I buy a book - read it a couple time then take it to my local library as a donation - I love Nora Roberts books!
Well have a great week to all.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #7  

Julie, that is awesome to lose weight after a vacation. Yes, I know Sonic and I have to stay away! Good luck with your Lifetime achievement.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:52 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

Well, we made it through our first orientation program and three more to go! Yesterday flew by and by the end of the day I had a nice little backache going on--I figured I was more tense that I thought so last night I took a couple of aspirin before I went to bed.

The weather was hot over the weekend with temps in the high 80's, low 90's. We have a break today from the heat & humidity with temps a pleasant 74! It's refreshing. The humidity is supposed to reappear tomorrow sometime.

My eating last night was horrendous--I know it was due in part to let-down and just being plain tired. I need to get out of this rut I'm in. Today I feel swollen and I swear my capris aren't as loose as they were last week. *sigh* I am still walking and getting my water in--I need to get my head together with the eating.

Susan: I have a bike in the garage that I really should pull out and start riding again.

Julie: Congrats on a loss after vacation! WTG! You'll get through your desk piles just take it a little bit at a time. We don't have Sonics around here but I have seen their menus.

Lala: Other than losing wireless in NYC how was your trip? How is Ernest doing?

Well I'm playing catch up here in the office today and so far things are going well. Catch everyone later!
Old 06-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #9  

Hi ladies,

The weather here is hot and humid and the forecast is for more of the same throughout the week. Right now the sky is dark and it looks like we'll be getting an awesome thunderstorm.
The weekend was nice, I got a lot of "chores" done on Saturday. Spent Sunday afternoon with my parents. I think Dad had a nice fathers day.
Tonight I'm going out to dinner with some friends I haven't seen in awhile. One of them is moving to Maryland at the end of the month so it will be a little sad. We're going to Carraba's and I'm hoping I can make some "smart" food choices. My weight is beginning to creep up again...I think I'll blame part of it on the humidity .

Susan your book exchange was a good idea, I may try it myself with a few friends. Ususally after I finish reading some of my books I donate them to our at work lending library.

Lisa I would classify myself as a "breadaholic" also.

lala and Julie welcome back.

Melissa congrats on getting through the first orientation!

Well it's now hailing out. I'm really hoping I didn't leave my car windows down a crack. I really wish we would get some nice weather soon.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #10  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

McHoney - you are most likely getting the storm we hd last night in Ohio - it was terrible (of course it started while we were out on the ballfield
Old 06-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #11  

Julie,

Are you near Dayton Ohio? My step son will be going to the University of Miami in Dayton this September.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #12  

Pam, Oooh, Carrabba's. Let me know what you select because it seems every time I go there I don't make the right choices. My friend always takes 1/2 home, but I just have to clean up my plate, don't ya know? Oh, and I would definitely blame the humidity.

Melissa, you've been busy. After one of those days, I do the same thing. I usually eat stuff I shouldn't.

Here's something interesting. DH and I are going to a band concert that is supposed to be a picnic. I talked to some folks who have gone before and they said that it used to be held outside, but it got too buggy, so they moved it inside a big meeting area. People take along their picnic baskets and sit at tables listening to the music and eating their picnic food! I just don't know what to take. Any ideas for an indoor picnic (I guess I can't take my grill with me)--haha
Old 06-21-2006, 10:33 AM   #13  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I'm in the beautiful (?) inland empire this week (Riverside, California). Its a dry hot and I'm in a pit of a hotel in a not very interesting place.

Julie - yeah on your loss and welcome back.

Lisa - I would do some cold salads, some oven baked chicken (rosie's buttermilk chicken comes to mind), go to a bakery you like to get some small cookies and make a very nice pot of hot coffee for your cookies.

Pam - that restaurant looks good, I need to google it. I don't think they have them on the left coast. I'm sorry to hear your friends are moving, but hey, it gives you chance to visit!

Melissa - NY was great, the field trips were fun, I met some new people and i spent too much money. You can read my friend Joan's blog, she summed it up nicely.

www.randomchatters.blogspot.com

I haven't had time yet to do anything.

Ernesto is huge, he has a blog now.

www.allfourpaws.blogspot.com

The picture of me is awful, I do not have 400 chins. I don't even have two.

I shouldn't let DP take pics of me like that.

Hi to Susan!

off to shower, download some files and off to redlands for another thrilling day of beta testing.

lala
Old 06-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #14  

lala: Just read some of Ernest's blog. Too cute. Where do you find the time??

Julie: Way to go on vacation weight loss. I actually do better on vacation because I tend to walk a lot and get lots of other exercise. At home, I become a bit of a couch potato.

Melissa: I actually like biking but I tend to forget about it in the grand scheme of things. I did a circuit weight workout at the gym yesterday and it felt great too. I guess there is more to life than running...

Lisa: The picnic sounds like fun. I'd do a roasted chicken from the deli, with cold salads as lala suggests. Fresh fruit for dessert.

Pam: Have never heard of Carraba's. What type of food? Was it you who was asking about Pilates? I had the best class ever on Monday; it all clicked for some reason. Of course, only one class left in this session. Hope I don't lose it all before September.

Have done better with water this week. Eating still awful at nite. Am thinking of getting a second job to keep me out of the house for 18 hours

Susan
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 PM   #15  

lala, enjoyed Joan's blog very much. Ohmigosh, people are so strange and funny (re: butterfly exhibit). Love Ernest's blog. As Susan, when do you find the time?

Susan and lala, thanks for the suggestions for the picnic. I may have cookies and fruit!

Carrabba's is Italian and good food for a chain restaurant. They do serve grande portions though.

Susan, too bad about your pilates class. I need to go to more classes. It makes me feel so much stronger. Haha about working 18 hours a day.

Hello to Melissa, Pam, Julie, Austin

Susan, I love the pic--very nice.
Closed Thread