South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:20 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Clucking - June 19

Another hot and steamy one is coming up! I turned off the AC last night - big mistake! I woke at four without the Lucy Alarm and cooled off in the shower. She is yipping now but it's time to crank up the day anyhow.

We are off to the vet at 9 for their last shots - this time it's anti-rabies. After that I may or may not do some gardening - it was just terrible out there yesterday afternoon! Hershey and I do a Thera-Paws visit to Maple View at 5:30 - it's the after supper stimulation programme!

What's happening on your stretch of sand?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:58 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

We're up early as we are going to bring our car in for repairs,hopefully we'll get it back by the end if this week.

The reason we really got up was that the fire alarm went off at 5:15 A.M. No fire,and it wasn't the batteries,as we changed them a couple of weeks ago.WEIRD!! We think we have a defective alarm because the other ones weren't going off,just the one next to the bedroom.

My friends and I were talking about weird things happening around their house, One gal told us that here micro wave went on by its self,and another friend said that her T.V. went on also.This is the second time our alarms went off.Could it be the humidity that is causing this?????????

Weighed in this morning up 2 lbs again,have to do something. Now that my stress[Leo's Cancer] is over I should be able to eat right and get this weight going down instead of up.Gained that 2-lbs back again,I seem to be rocking back & forth on these to numbers GRRRRRRRRRRR!! I think I had to much bread products again.I seem to gain when I eat them ,so I guess I'm off the bread again.

Hi Ruth-We don't have our A/C in yet,I guess that is got to be the first thing we do after we get the car into the shop as its getting pretty hot & humid here in the Cape. Hope all Ok with Lucy,as I wasn't lurking on the board these last couple of months.I really don't know what happening at all.

Have a great day Hugs BB
Old 06-19-2006, 09:01 AM   #3  

I am dusting off my books and my fat arse and getting back on the beach. I will need much support to keep on track!!!!!! I REALLY want to get this under control.
HUGS and HI!!!! This is what Yesterday was like.Most days are jammed packed. Usually a bit more fun.

DONT PUT IT DOWN PUT IT AWAY.

12 hours of cleaning yesterday and there is still much to do. Hubby actually cleaned up in the kitchen after his breaky and lunch building this morning!!!!!!!! I declare today a national holiday!!!!!!!

I will see how things go with other peoples kids.

Need to get DS ready for school. DD is still sleeping. A much needed sleep!!!
Yesterday was interesting!!!

First I programmed my new scale that Avon has. Measures body weight,body fat, hydration and bone mass. The sad reality is I have gained weight, I am mostly made of fat, I am not dehydrated and my bones are way more dense than average. I had an average day of not over eating but it was hard. Looking at cutting back carbs and adding more veg.

Sun~
We all slept til 9am. A much needed rest for all. The kids have been giving DH stuff all week but also wrote little notes and put them on his pillow.
I am in the no gift for spouses camp.Probably is not what I would have done in the beginning but it is how DH is and now I like it. Keeps things simpler. Now that the kids are in school I get beautiful homemade gifts and so does DH. Every year for mothers day I buy myself a flowering shrub. Now the kids pick it out. On out 5th wedding Anniverary I had a ring made wiht the kids birthstones. Otherwise we dont do a lot. On my Bday we got out for dinner( all 4 of us). On all their bdays I cook a fav supper and choc cake.
I will probably bake DH a cake today.

This is how they beat me down............and why I sit here and drink tea and eat cookies keep getting fatter.

DH is watching a documentary, in the livingroom, on the occupation of Holland. It is blaring , volume is at 37. I listen to the TV at 12. Every time someone speaks he turns it up. DD has asked to colour. They had lost craft privileges for 2 weeks because they never put anything away. Some I give her a colouring page and crayons. DS joins her. They cut out their pictures and tape them to the wall. I ask, if they are finished to put the crayons, scissors and paper away and put scraps in the burn barrel. Neither does. They instead fight over DS resetting DD’s tamagochi on her. We have a discussion around that. The TV is getting louder and louder. I ask DH to turn to TV down so we can all function or go upstairs and watch the show in the bedroom. He turns it up louder. I turn on the water and have a bath. I get out of the tub and he and the kids are having breakfast and talking of plans to go to his parents for the day. Complete news to me. He says he told me about it. He definitely has not. I take the high road and say I must of misunderstood you.
We have church at 11:30. He gets all pissy and slams things around and raises his voice to me. I go upstairs and get dressed. I come down and ask him what it is exactly that he wants to do today. He says nothing, you are going to church...............
We can skip church and go to his folks. I explained to him that I had worked 6 days straight of payroll and really wanted to do 8 loads of laundry, clean both bathrooms, clean 3 bedrooms and dust and vacuum today as well as finish putting together my Avon office. I also suggested it would be nice for him to go to his Dad’s with the kids. That was just stupid, apparently.
So, I went and cleaned up the kitchen after their breakfast and sat here to vent. On Friday night he DID say to me , “I want to go to my Dad’s on Sunday and borrow his welder.”

Breathing......hard not to call him a big f***ing baby and walk away from it all. He is really pissed off at me. I have done nothing. I know(deep down) he is mad at himself because he does NOT communicate things clearly( has a learning disability) so is very frustrated. I am pretty good at decoding what he is really saying but missed this one by a mile. SIGH!!

Still breathing.
The craft stuff. I stood there and told each kid specifically step by step what to do to put their stuff away. Eg, see those scissors you used with the red handle, please pick them up and put them in the scissor tub..................... now put the tub back on the craft shelf.......................
Frankly it is exhausting.

My plan is too fluff and fold 2 lol and then go upstairs and tackle the bedroom for now.
Oh, I am thinking of getting ear plugs for when he is watching TV and I need to be on the main floor. Most of the time I retreat onto the computer because of the noise. Hence, nothing gets done.

DH’s parents are not even home.................................... Confused.........
LOL fluffed and folded, DS’s laundry scavenged from all over the house and yard..............
We have decided not to go to church and spend the day at home just the 4 of us. Hubby is watching another documentary, kids are playing in the basement. Everyone seems quite happy.

Hubby has also decided to follow the Doc’s advice about resting his arm injury. He IS folding a basket of tea towels. Very Happy Me!

Kids played a computer game with minimal battles between the 2 .

I went to the lovely, cool basement and brought up 3 empty buckets, a big box of metal thingys, 2 empty beer cans and empty boxes and took them out to the shed. These are all from the basement reno 2 years ago. Hubby said then that he would clean it up so I left it .
( told ya I was patient)I needed space for Avon market stuff so had to move it. I swept the floor and moved a shelf there and sorted stuff and placed it!!!! Felling good about that!!!!!

I can almost see the dining room table. Cool.

I have brochures and flyers for 2 campaigns ahead that need to be stacked somehow. The flyers slide over and are just plain messy. Brochures are in cases.
Having a tea without a cookie or little sammy.

Lunch type groceries got. Kids have been super whiney and bickering. DS is playing with his gerbil. DD is in he room for now for now, saucy little monkey.
I think i will cut a box down to slide under a shelf to hold the sale flyer for Avon. Didn’t do the table yet. Kids were battling, opted for a change o scenery.

YEAH, the rain has started. Much needed. Farmers and my gardens are very happy!!!!!!!!!
It is teaming.
DOES ANY ONE USE A FEATHER DUSTER ????? I hate dusting. Wondering if it would make it easier.

My “office” is sorted out and put away and dusted and vacuumed!!!!!!! I have papers to file tomorrow. Feeling great about this!!!!!!

DR is only a semi disaster.
I am running out of steam. I may sit and fold laundry for a bit. Hope I can get at er again after that.

I am tired out. I just put iron on patches on 2 pairs of DS’s jeans that were already patched. Trying to get thru the summer. He mostly wears shorts now. He will need about 6 pairs for the fall.
Folded 2 lol AND put them away. The house isn’t clean yet...............

The kids are putting away stuff from the toy/craft room so I can vacuum. Much sulking going on but they are doing it.
Haven’t done either bathroom, 3 lol left to do, all the vacuuming upstairs to do.............I am pretty much done for energy.

I vacuumed. So the WHOLE mainfloor is tidy, clutter free , sorted out, tossed out and wiped down for the first time in months!!! I also showed the kids how to scrape their own plates and how to put them in the DW!!

I keep thinking about why things housework wise get so chaotic but it is really about lack of time. There are only so many hours in a day and the whole month of May was filled right up for both of us in every conceivable way and the bare minimum got done here. The kids and hubby do balk at helping but I am assuming that is pretty normal stuff. I get exhausted with the asking, encouraging, showing, disciplining etc . I was quite happy as a full time Mom and homemaker. Loved it really but the cost of living keeps going up......

I am still cleaning(9:30pm) the kitchen, sweeping the floor and doing supper dishes. The floor needs to be washed but it wont get done tonight. At least my week is starting off a whole lot less cluttered and dirty!!

Hubby just breezed in from a friends.Went up to kiss the kids. Wind has whipped up. We need more rain.
Hubby was open to talking tonight. I mentioned it would be great if ALL of us me included tried as lot harder to keep things put away. he tried to make light of it. But I told him I was very serious. It was tough keeping on the kids and dealing with their meltdowns and nonsence about helping. No wonder I give up.

Was in bed for 11, read till 11 :30.

Today my focus will start with cleaning the upstairs bathroom and then vacuuming DS’s and our bedrooms. DD needs to clean hers. I have Avon orders to pack and 6 kids here all day.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:30 AM   #4  

Having 2 eggs scrambled, with green onion, turkey breast and salt and pep and a handful of carrots!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #5  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Morning Everyone,
I'm a little new here, but hope to be here everyday for support.

This is the 7th day on South Beach. I lost only 3 lbs and I'm a bit dissapointed. With so much to lose I thought it would be a large weight loss....I don't know what I could do differently.

My word Hollyhock, I'm exhausted just reading your post. Hopefully your heart to heart will sink in.

Beachbum....I'd die without airconditioning....my parents had a summer cottage in Dennisport while I was growing up....heard of it??

Ruthxxx...you have been so helpful and encouraging to me, please tell me the weight WILL come off!

Hope you all have a great day...

JPS
Old 06-19-2006, 10:17 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Workinit, THE WEIGHT WILL COME OFF! Sometimes the biggest loss is in the second week when your body realizes you are serious! Three pounds is good though!

Hollyhock, all I can say is Whew! and offer you all the support you need. You have my email and I promise to be gentle but firm. Tough

Beach, don't be too hard on yourself - stress makes weightloss hard. We were all so glad to hear that Leo has overcome the cancer and are rooting for you to get back on track. (The problem with Lucy has been 4 am yelping since she got back from having pups. It seems to have stopped now though.)

I stopped at the Farm on the way back from the vet and got the first of the strawberries, some radishes and lovely Swiss chard - all organic! My own garden is organic by default - I just never get around to using chemicals!

It's spitting rain but I may try a little outside work to "get the house smell off me" as Dad used to say. It's still pretty darn hot though!

I hope your day is going well.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #7  
JPS

Ruthxxx, thanks. I'll keep on keepin on and see what it brings. I do feel better, so that should be enough.

Hope you get alot done outside. It rained most of yesterday, so I couldn't et out there to weed and it needs it. Humid here, but not too hot yet. Day's young though.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #8  
Losing never felt so good

S/C/G: A lot/a little less/a lot less

Good Morning, Everyone!

We have had an exhausting morning. My 8 1/2 month old son had surgery this morning to have tubes put in his ears. He has had recurrent ear infections for 6 months now.

He did well and is sleeping now.

I just finished up some breakfast cups that I made last night (eggs, cheese, turkey bacon and green onion)...they were yummy. I'm also drinking a very large iced coffee.

Just planning on hanging out today. I am having to take it easy on the treadmill since I am still fighting a viral infection (a month!!). I can get in about 20 minutes and then I get a bit dizzy!

Have a great day!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:17 AM   #9  

Hi everyone....I'm just stopping by for a brief 'hello!'

I had a cranky weekend, in general and eating-wise. I ate a lot of healthy things, but a fair amount of junk -- more than I have in the last six months. I felt like a switch had been flipped and every time I walked past the fridge, I had to make sure nothing yummy needed eating. I've been craving Cheerios lately and darn it, I ate a bowl on Saturday. I love Cheerios and wish there were an SBD-friendly cereal that looked and tasted similar.

It's so much easier to stay on track during the week, but still, I'm going to do a few days of Phase 1. Both because I want to kick the cravings and because I can't afford to buy any fruit right now.

Despite all that, I managed to post a loss this morning. Just a pound, but at least the scale's going in the right direction. I'll get back to the gym today and start feeling better.

Hope everyone's starting off their week in a slightly better place than me!
Old 06-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #10  

Tossed a load of wash in. Then went outside with all 6 kids. Filled the wading pool and put on the slippery slide. We have 88% humidity. Gross and sweaty but fun. Then I got all 6 changed, dried off and redressed.Suits and towels hanging outside. This is why they pay me the big bucks!!!
Cheese and crackers and grapes for lunch.

Still need to vacuum, re make the bed, do paperwork and file stuff. feeling like I am running out of time and it is only 11:45. Oh, and flip and fold laundry.

I am hungry for lunch. Ruthie~ I have radishes too. Berries have been here for 2 weeks. I haven't put any down tho. just eatin them up.
Feed the troops and make a big salad for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

HOLLYHOCK, put protein in that salad!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #12  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Good Morning !

I had a real late start this morning. I spent most of last night at a neighbors house hanging out, being a marriage counselor and having fun. They drank and ate fajitas, but I stayed strong and had only water. YAY. And I got a great compliment from them... We were talking about tattoos, I said I was going to get one when I reached my goal weigh of near 160. I think they thought I was close to that becasue when I said I weighed 225 right now their jaws dropped and said no way, you don't look that big! It made me feel real good.

This morning I tried some of the breaksaft cheesecake I made yesterday, froma recipe for phase one I saw on here. Let me tell you I felt like I was cheating on my diet. It was my first time making cheesecake from scratch and it turned out so well, looked not so good, but tastes great.

Today I am just going to go to the dollar store and ger a drop cloth, some marble tiles, and cleaning supplies. Hopefully i can find a home depo and get some paint and new drawer knobs. I really want to redo my dresser. It is ugly! And maybe I'll go to the craft store and splurge on some paints and brushes and finally finish a pianting I started in 2000.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:15 PM   #13  

I did Ruthie!!!

Romaine, radish, onion, carrots, turkey breat, a bit of salami, cubed up cheese and a dab of blue cheese dressing!! Followed up with a java and I am ready for the next hour of the day@!!!!!

Rinangel~ how do you make your iced coffee?????

Mud~ sounds like my kind of day!! Enjoy!!

I love Ruth oh yes I doooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 06-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #14  

Good afternoon!

First chance to check in today as we had Meg's 1 year check up this morning. She is healthy as can be, although our pedi wants her eyes checked by a pediatric opthamologist. They do a vision screening now and he wants them double checked. I am not too worried- the kid can spot the tiniest scrap of anything on the ground We will see though, maybe there is a problem and how amazing to get it detected early on.

Not much else on our agenda today- cleaning and getting laundry folded and put away. i have an art project for DD to do while the baby naps this morning. She actually enjoys just getting to be home and play, which is nice for me.

Eating was less than stellar this weekend. NEED TO PULL IT TOGETHER!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #15  
JPS

Been checking in on and off today and love to read all your posts.

Mud...where can I find the recipe for the breakfast cheesecake?

Rinangel...where can I find the recipe for the breakfast cups you mentioned.

I have the hardest time with Phase I breakfasts.

Thanks.
JPS
Closed Thread