Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-17-2006, 07:19 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - June 17th and 18th

Good Mornin

Puney and Stacey good to have you here.

Its been one crazy week after another but please know that I do read all your posts. Summer time the boards usually get slower but thats because people are on vacation or outdoors enjoying life, so don't get down if you don't see alot of activities....ok Usually after kids go back to school it picks up.

Today I have nothing planned except to figure out something for my DD to give to her Dad for fathers day tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll visit my FIL and my dad's grave.

Its supposed to be HOT here so hopefully we'll get to go into the pool.

Other than that, nothing much is happening and I like it

Diet is going okay, could be better but I'm trying. Exercise is always lacking.

How are you all doing?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

Diet is still going good and I haven't cheated yet! Gotta spend today working on streaming videos for my DH and father for father's day. I am absolutley addicted to making those things now!! I wanted to buy him something but we are strapped for money and he loves when I make him things. Last year I took my girls out to our lake and took some photos of them and framed them and he loved it.
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #3  

I'm sitting here watching the Boomerang Zoo! The new puppy is getting along with the old puppy and the cat is pissed that there is another puppy in the house.

Tonight is hubby's birthday celebration! Can't wait!

Won't talk about the diet....what diet? Oh yeah, that diet.....
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang
i'm doing some cleaning and things around here today.
hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #5  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies. Not doing well on my eating today. Totally skipped "breakfast" and so I couldn't take my diabetic medication and we hit traffic today, ran totally late so we ended up eating fast food. I think I should just accept that I am not going to do this and be a Fat Lady. I'm totally a failure and should just quit while the getting is good. Sorry to be a downer. I don't mean to be just seems like its pointless to keep trying because I keep failing. I even went to the grocery early this morning after work and tried to get healthy things that I would actually eat and it was tough for me. (I know this isn't going to be easy, don't claim it to be) Anyways.........thanks for letting me this off my chest.

Have a Great Night Everyone!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Hi gang...

Tough day for me eating wise. I'm banded and I ate pasta all day.. now, it took me all day which is different, but I know I'm just craving the carbs so I can slip into my 'carb coma' and just sleep the weekend away.

Father's day is hard for me. Don't have a relationship with my dad by my choice, but it's still tough. Miss my grandfather especially this weekend...

And to top it off, my partner is out of town... uhg

Y'all have a good weekend. This too shall pass...

Ang
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning,

Today is cleaning and visiting FIL and the cemetary for my Dad. Then hopefully maybe possibly swim if we can get in the pool LOLOL.

CJ, hang in there, WL will happen when you start getting fills and the restriction you need. Trust me, I ate and ate and ate. It will happen and what your going thru is very normal, just don't get down about it because it really can set you off in the wrong direction. So just know, its okay to eat at this stage. Hang in there.

Sassy, hang in there, we all have bad days but today is a new day and you can try again. Thats the beauty of it If you find you are at fast food places, just try to select the best thing (yeah I know) on the menu or if you get a burger, ditch the bread and load it up with tomatoes, pickles and ketchup if you can. Grab a salad or baked potato if they have it. Don't you dare settle for being at this weight, you can and do deserve to change to be healthier. My highest weight was over 300 lbs. It just takes time and the right frame of mind to change but in all honestly small changes are the best. Like you don't have to modify the amount you eat, you just need to modify what you eat and you'll start losing. Exercise will come when your ready, don't worry about to much to soon...one step at a time. Thats how I got to lose weight. What ever you do, don't compair yourself to others, you are you and your special and different. We're rootin for you and we know and feel your frustrations.

2BePretty, I'm glad your still on plan WHOOT!! you go girl. What kind of video's are streamline video's? Sounds cool !!! I didn't buy DH anything for fathers day except a cake and card. I just got done spending a whole poop load of money on a huge birthday party for him so we are tapped out LOL.

Cathy, whats shaking for you all today? do you do anything special for your DH with the kids? (kids haaaaaaa more like men huh).

Have a wonderful day all !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 AM   #8  

HI everyone.....have you forgotten me?

It has been busy.......getting ready for the wedding, work, life,.........but it is all good.

I have lost about 3 lbs in June....but that is just by cutting down.......I keep saying tomorrow I will start walking. I really need some help here to be accountable. My goal tomorrow is to get up early.....go for a walk and go to work.....hubby is home every morning this week so he can help get the kids off to school. My mother helped with some of the house work last week so that was great. It is coming along.

I called my dad and left him a voice mail as he is away camping this weekend with my mom and two neices. Will visit father in law and have a few lose ends leading into the new week. Miss you all here....happy to see some newcomers. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better.

My eating is all over the place......I usually have cereal or toast for breakfast.....or yougurt and fruit....just a little to kick off the metbolism...soup and sandwhich for lunch...fruit, diet soda and then salade and burger cooked on foreman grill for supper.......so not bad......That would be a typical day.....I crave a choc bar in the afternoon when I am dragging....any suggestions? I also love coffee.

Gotta run...have a cold......fever, sore throat etc. this too shall pass!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:00 PM   #9  

Thanks for the welcome Leenie! :-)
I guess I should introduce myself a little more. My name is Stacey. I am married but I do not have any children. I am originally from PA but living in Germany. We've been living in Germany for two years now and I still have another year here. This is the first time I've been so far away from family and so I am very homesick.
I feel like I'm going crazy because I'm studying for my final on Tuesday (I'm a full time graduate student). The good news is we haven't been to the grocery store for over a week so I don't have much junk food to tempt me. :-) Usually there is a lot of junk food in the house because DH eats a lot of it (but he is skinny!) Umm..What else? Ah..I've struggled with my weight all my life but right now my diet is Weight Watchers (this is the first time I've ever done it) and I've been doing that since March and have lost about 20 pounds. So thats me. :-) Nothing going on this weekend here..DH is working and I am studying. :-( Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

Leenie, I make the movies out of pictures I have saved on my computer and then put them into my movie maker program. If you have Windows xp or above you should have that program. You can add music and all kinds of graphics it's neat. If you don't have that you can go to www.photobucket.com and they have a program where you just upload your pics and then turn it into vidoes. It's alot of fun and it's a neat way to add pics to emails.
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 272.5/266.5/135

Height: 5'6"

Well, I've been away for a while, but I am happy to say that since the 2nd of May I have lost 10.5 lbs!! I am feeling so very much better.

I was able to call my dad to wish him a happy Father's day, and DH and the boys went fishing and I am making DH's favorite dinner (Chili Haystacks). I haven't done much exercising but I know that if I would just get up and do it.....I would probably lose more....but I am losing and slowly so maybe I can keep up with it and not gain.

Leenie, you are such an ispiration...Thank You for being you.

Misty
mommieof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #12  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Leenie! I am doing better today and am trying to not be so hard on myself!

Have a Great Night Everybody!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote