Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #133

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #133

gma22
06-17-2006, 06:53 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today

gma22
06-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Good Saturday morning ladies! It is Time to get UP! Hope you all are going to have a great weekend. We have a lunch and a movie planned with the big T for Father's Day and I am looking forward to that. Make sure your dad, or hubby knows you love him this Sunday!:hug:

Faye ;)

gma22
06-18-2006, 06:36 AM
Good morning gals! We had heck of a thunderstorm last evening and are expecting more today. Hope you all have a great day with your special someone!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
06-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Have fun at the movies, Faye

gma22
06-19-2006, 07:08 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is reflecting on what we want to accomplish by year's end. We all set mini goals and long range goals, but are we accomplishing them? If not, why not? Let's look at the overall picture of what we want the rest of this year and then do what needs to be done.

Good morning gals. We had a fun time with Thomas on Saturday. I have to say there were no mice in the movie, just a fat rat...UGH! It was not animation, but real so I kept looking away until Jack would tell me it was gone. We went to a place called Big Foot Lodge for lunch and that was fun. We even made smores for dessert there. It was funny as T's dad took his marshmallow and said he would do it so Thomas wouldn't burn it and it promptly went up in flames! :lol: We are looking forward to our trip this weekend with them.

BTW***REMINDER: I will be gone from Friday on most of the weekend so no topic Friday.***

Everyone have a good day today!

gma22
06-20-2006, 07:14 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week are veggies. If you are a veggy hater, try incorporating them into soups or stews instead of eating them outright. It is essential in any kind of diet, no matter what plan you choose to get in vegetables. Try adding broccoli to salads if you don't like it cooked or spinach to a lowfat lasagna.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Mirabelly
06-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi everyone!

Things are just plugging along here. It's finally gotten hot and sunny here, 80s and clear skies. Summer in Maine is so short, you have to enjoy it while you can. We're going camping with friends this weekend at Acadia National Park on the ocean. Much fun...probably too much food. My major downfall is eating too much while socializing. I've realized recently that I socialize a lot!

Finally cleaned out the garage so dh & I can work out there again. For some reason, I always pick the hottest day of the year to clean the garage...every time! Anyway, I've got weights and medicine balls and these cool things called clubbells and other fitness "toys"....now I just have to get my butt out there. Going skating today, and probably swimming too. Lots of exercise, just tooooo much food. Sigh. I don't know if I'll ever get my life together enough to lose this weight.

Oh well, I'm thankful that I'm healthy and active and have a healthy family.

Cheers everyone!
Julie

QuilterInVA
06-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Hi ladies! My veggie suggestion, grate carrot and/or zucchini and add to meatloaf for an extra moist loaf. Have veggies cut up and ready to eat sitting in the front in you refrigerator so you can grab them instead of a higher calorie snack.

My husband will be moved to Convelescent Care on Friday. Fortunately it is the one that is near our house. The doctor says he will be there a minimum of 3 months. I'm hoping once he is there I can take him out to a movie or dinner in a wheel chair occasionally. They took him to another hospital 50 miles away yesterday by ambulance so they could evaluate him for hyperbaric chamber treatment. Fortunately, since it would mean they would have had to move him to that hospital, the assessment showed that he had good oxygen already in both legs so the treatment wouldn't make a difference. So now it's just a wait for everything to heal.

gma22
06-21-2006, 06:16 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes so if you have something to gripe about, tell us what we can do to help.

Susan: I am so glad your husband is finally on the mend and it is truly good news about his circulation in his legs. I know it will be hard on the two of you with him being away from home, but won't it be great to have him back home healthy!

Hope everyone is having a stupendous day today!

SuGyong
06-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Susan- some good news. I'm glad that he's near home and that things are healing up.

My weight has been flying off the chart. This last weekend about killed us (3 big-ish events). Then the baby got a very gross stomach flu complete with explosive diarrhea. Then Amelia got it. I haven't slept for a few days for all of the late night vomit comfort (and laundry) that I've been doing. Last night I was up from midnight to 5am with Amelia. The night before up to 3:30am...

Then of course, I'm watching the girls and Erin during the day, so sleep is not an option...

DH gets out of it saying that it's important for him to sleep so he can go to work the next day. He has a point, but I'm so tired, it's easy to not pay attention to what I've been eating. It feels like I'm eating to make up for the sleep I'm not getting.

Two words... Wiped Out.

*Yawn*
goodnight ladies.

gma22
06-22-2006, 05:59 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time For Us Thursday so make some time for just you today!

LeeAnn: Hope you are able to catch up on your sleep this weekend. Make hubby watch the girls. He has no excuse now!

Carri: We are worried about you as we haven't heard from you. You better let us know you are ok, or you will get the infamous, Faye email!!! :lol:

Everyone have a great weekend and don't forget, I will gone until at least Sunday so no topic tomorrow.

QuilterInVA
06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
You can always tell when summer is here - people are too busy to check in but I do worry about them. Carrie, Amanda, the rest of you ... just a minute of your time to let us know you are still with us.

I'm hanging in there!

SuGyong
06-23-2006, 12:36 PM
Hey ladies! I don't really have much to say today. I'm back on the wagon, hubby and I are trying to get a day out alone together, and Amelia's picking all of the cotton out of her cast... bad. We have a dr. appt on monday to put a new one on her. :)

-Lee Ann

Amanda Panda
06-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Hi all,

Sorry I've not been around - I've just felt like I've not got much to say really!

I have given up on Slimfast after losing a big fat ZERO pounds - I am hugely disappointed as I tried soooooooooo hard and was hungry loads! I just figure now that on Slimfast I was starving hungry and didn't lose weight, whereas the six months before that I ate healthily and didn't lose weight - so I think I'll go back to eating! Seriously, I am GUTTED that I am not losing weight - I am working out so hard and my eating is okay (not brilliant, but pretty healthy in general) - but now my weight has even started to creep up by a few pounds. I have made an appointment to see my doctor next week to talk to her about it as I am at my wits end - I'm going to insist on getting my thyroid checked, but if that comes back ok, then I don't know what I'll do. I started out this year so absolutley confident that I would reach my goal weight this year - now I just feel like I am never going to lose this weight, no matter how hard I am trying. I am doing nothing different from last year, infact I am working out harder and have periodically tried dropping my calories - but nothing makes any difference - it's so disheartening and it isn't helping with my depression.

Anyway, sorry to moan - I guess the one positive thing is that I know I will not give up - exercise & healthy eating are part of my life now and I have no intention of chucking them in!

CARRI UPDATE: I PM'd Carri a week or so ago and she is fine. She's decided to take a step back from the group and won't be visiting regularly, but wishes us all the best and said she may pop in from time to time to say hi.

Take care all,

Love Amanda x

gma22
06-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Good afternoon everyone! I am back home so will post tomorrow morning!

Faye ;)

gma22
06-26-2006, 07:12 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is finding a program that works for you and using it. Find something that will work for us, and get serious doing it.

Amanda: My dh uses only the slimfast drinks and he rotates them for lunch with WW style frozen lunches and canned soup. He doesn't use them for all meals, but he is always hungry when he gets home on the day he uses them. Why not look here on the site and see what program a lot of the vegetarians are finding successful for them and try it out. My dd doesn't eat a lot of meat and when she was dieting liked the zone diet.

Carri: We wish you well and hope you continue to reach your goal!

**On a side note. This thread has been falling apart for a long time now and no longer is what I wanted it to be so in two weeks, I am dropping it. If someone wants to take it on, fine, but to tell you the truth, unless we have posters in here everyday on a regular basis, the purpose of this thread is NOT being accomplished. You can go on without me, but I will not be running it any longer, setting up daily topics, starting new threads, etc. I am NOT blaming anyone, but this thread was started to have a group that wanted to work together to lose weight and it's just not happening. When the thread started three years ago we did daily topics, worked our programs, posted points, did WTG's, I even had contests etc. Try as I might, the thread just became a place to talk and I am not really interested in that here. I belong to another thread like that and this one for me was support, encouragement and others doing their programs and having success and failure but it was about the weight loss. It isn't like that anymore. I wish you well all of you and hope you continue to lose lots and lots of weight. I will continue on the site so anyone can PM me to talk and I will gladly give them my email address to keep in touch if they would like. I will continue to do topics etc through Friday the 7th then I am leaving. At that time, I will be shutting it down, so anyone that wants to continue with it, must set up a new thread without the topic page I set up etc. Thanks to all you ladies for our good years!

Satine
06-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi All !!! I just wanted to stop in and say "hi" to all of you before the thread was closed and let you know that I am doing good ( lost another two pounds this week ). I totally agree with Faye in that we have gotten far away from the idea of this thread...that is alot of the reason why I stopped posting regularly. I am not saying it was any one person or thing that kept me away, because I like each person on this thread, but for me I just needed more weight loss talk and more people working their program sucessfully.

I hope to keep in touch with all of you in the future, I will still be on the site often so pm me anytime you would like. I hope each of you get back on the weight loss track ( if you weren't already ) and that you get to goal !!! :hug:

Faye - Keep me informed of all your crazy neighbor and dg stories. :) Email me anytime.

Amanda - Keep in touch, I know you and I can get to goal soon !!!!

Julie - Good luck with all of your writing and take care !!

Susan - Hope that dh gets to come home soon and will pray that he gets well.

Leann - I have not known you very long but you seem like a great person ( and Mom ) ... good luck to you.

I may pop in again before the thread is actually closed but if I do not I hope you all have a great 4th of July. Keep in touch !!!!!

Carri

QuilterInVA
06-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Ladies, I feel bad it has come to a parting of our ways. I know I have not contributed much the last few months and I'm really sorry for that. It's often difficult to comment on people's problems when they don't seem to be doing anything differently.

Amanda, you may not be eating enough. You are exercising more. If you don't eat enough, your body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto every pound.

Faye, a million thanks to you for setting up this site and keeping it going for so long. It is time consuming to say the least.

I wish all of you well in your endeavors to lose weight. One thing I always tried to keep in mind on my losing journey was if I gave up, would I be staying the same or gaining - did I want someone to have to care for me after the stroke, perhaps being a prisoner in my body with no way to communicate.

The journey is difficult but the rewards are so numerous they can't be counted. One thing you must focus on, however, is there is no turning back (returning to the old way of eating) without consequences.

Susan

gma22
06-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Good morning girls. I see no sense in going on with the topics. If I find that I am posting alone for several days, I am just going to shut it down. I wanted to give you all an opportunity to say goodbye to each other or whatever you would like to say first.

I sincerely hope the rest of this year is good to all of you weight loss wise. Please find another place to post here at the site that you feel good at and keep working. You can PM me at anytime and most of you probably have my email address and please let me know how you are doing.

Everyone have a wonderful day today.

SuGyong
06-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Wow. I can understand that. Kinda sad to see the original ladies going, though. I know that there are a least 4 of you who have been together for more than 3 years now?

In any case, 133 threads with about 2-3 weeks in each? That's impressive! You guys sure can TALK! LOL!

Susan... keep going. No matter what happens. Life kicks our @$$es, but i think we win just by not letting it get to us. AND-201 lbs gone! How many people can say that? Not even one in a hundred!
Carri... Man! You sure can kick some serious butt all over the weight loss game!
Faye- You so completely rock! I sure would poop out of running a thread after more than 2 weeks, let alone how many YEARS? Thanks for being our weight loss mommy. :)
Julie- See you at Pennsic!
Lyn- We're the babies on this thread. Maybe we'll run into each other on a different one. :)

Well, the doc took a look at Amelia and she'll be up and running in just 2 weeks! He took off a week and a half after he saw the last xray.

Deanna has just started talking with a vengeance. She's copying everything she can, but it's still all in the form of "baba" or "yaya". Her favorite word (from a trip we took to the zoo) is "Mama Llama". :D

Hubby and I are on a 2nd honeymoon emotionally. It's fun and re-energizing.

Love you ladies. Good bye.
Lee Ann

Amanda Panda
06-27-2006, 11:05 AM
Hi all,

I want to say thanks to you Faye for all your hard work and commitment to this group over the years - we've seen ALOT of people (and pounds!) come and go haven't we?

I think you are right in winding it down now, especially if you are not getting anything from it. I think that these things happen naturally and no one is to blame - we all dip in and out of motivation, commitment and weight loss and unfortunately most of us are out at the moment!

We've supported eachother through alot of good times and some bad and it's been great knowing you all.

FAYE: - Thank you so much for your dedication to us all. When my self esteem is low, I always think of you and how you would tell me to value myself. I have alot to thank you for and I consider you a good friend. Will you PM me your email address - I'm not sure if I have it.

JULIE - It's been great knowing you - I love your sharp wit and sense of humour. Keep up the hard work and I am sure you'll reach goal sometime soon.

SUSAN - You have contributed so much to our group and have been such a welcome addition. I sincerely hope that your dh's health continues to improve and you can both start enjoying life again! I will continue to remember you both in my prayers.

LEE - You too have been a ray of sunshine to our little group - I can tell why you are friends with Julie, you both like a laugh! All the best to you.

CARRI - You have been an example to us all and have been the one person to consistently lose weight over the last few years. I admire you for plugging away at it and now you are getting so close to reaching goal - if anyone can reach goal this year it's you!

EVERYONE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PM ME - IT'S NOT THE END FOR ANY OF US, MERELY THE START OF SOMETHING NEW!

I WISH YOU ALL HEALTH, LOVE & HAPPINESS!

Lots of love

Amanda x

Mirabelly
06-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Hi ladies--
Hmm, don't know what to say except--time for something fresh and new, I s'pose. My motivation has sucked for over a year, and I always felt bad not having anything useful to add here.

I do thank everyone, especially Faye, for your wonderful support over the past 3 years! I did lose 50 pounds and keep it off!! So that's nothing to sneeze at. I know it's going to take something new to shake me up and get me to lose these last 50.

Good luck to everyone--I'll miss seeing you all here, but I'll still see you around the boards!

Cheers!
Julie

gma22
06-28-2006, 06:13 AM
I am just going to cut and paste this from my other thread since, I am pressed for time.

Morning gals! I can't say it is a good morning considering, but the phone didn't ring in the middle of the night so that part is good. Jack called me from his cell phone yesterday morning and said he was on his way home, he was having chest pains. I had just gotten out the shower to answer the phone so I hurried around and got dressed and called his cardiologist and they said to take him to the emergency room when he got to the house. We went to the emergency room (this hospital has a separate "chest pain" emergency room where no one waits) and I let Jack out and went and parked the car. They already had his EKG leads hooked up by the time I got into the room. His EKG and blood work looked good as well as his chest xray. We sat around all day in the triage room waiting for Jack to be admitted, which they finally did around 3:30 PM. The pain was less severe than when he had his heart attack and when his cardiologist came to see him, told him they were going to do another heart catherization at noon today, so that's where we are at the present time. They think maybe his stent has failed is messed up or that he has a blockage in a smaller artery. They gave him nitro, which gave him a huge headache and were trying to help him with that when I left. They had taken off the patch as it hadn't helped, washed his arm, then gave him tylenol and when that didn't work Lortab, which didn't work either so they then put an ice bag on his forehead. He hadn't had anything but a turkey sandwich at around 2 PM to eat so he had a good dinner at 6:30. I am hoping the combination of things helped him get rid of the headache. My dd has been amazing and brought him a gift bag with his favorite puzzles, magazine, lip balm, etc in it and got me one as well. She sat with us until I wanted to head home, then took me out to dinner and brought me back to the hotel to pick up my car. She is planning on being with me this morning. I came home and took care of the animals, paid some bills to mail out tomorrow, talked to my sister then a friend from Indiana on the phone then vacuumed the downstairs because I hadn't gotten it finished yesterday morning. I folded clothes, put another load in the dryer and took the folded ones upstairs and put them away, set the alarm for 5:30 and laid in bed and worried until around 11:30. Kept looking at the clock every half hour or so and finally gave it up at 3:30 and came downstairs. I think I am going to make myself a nice strong cup of tea and get some crackers and sit down and try and relax for a few minutes than get the downstairs mopping done and the garbage taken out to the corner for pick up today. I know I need rest and if they are going to keep him past today, I am going to have to take a pill and go to bed earlier tonight. There is just so much to keep track of with calling relatives and talking to all of them, especially my son, who was really worried yesterday, poor thing. He wasn't home last night so I left him a long message and I will try and call him this morning.

Faye

Mirabelly
06-28-2006, 06:50 AM
My prayers are with you and Jack, Faye. Maybe he just an excuse for more stair climbing ;) Get some rest and take care of yourself!

Julie

QuilterInVA
06-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Faye, I sent you an email. I'm praying for you and Jack and have asked have put your name on my prayer chain.

Hopefully you soon know what has to be done.

Susan

Amanda Panda
06-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Faye - I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope Jack is okay and is back chasing you round the pool soon! I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Love Amanda x

gma22
06-29-2006, 08:59 AM
UPDATE: Jack is back home and is doing fine. They ran 3 hour heart blood enzymes for 24 hours, had him on a heparin drip, chest xray and EKg. All these were normal. They did a heart catherization yesterday and it was fine. Dr Anderson said he made sure there was nothing and that whatever the pain was, it WASN'T his heart, thank God. He had a couple little short pains yesterday evening at the hospital but nothing since then. Thanks for all the prayers. He is home btw and is off work until Monday so may whatever it is will work itself out by then.

Hope everyone has a super day. I have the dryer man coming in just a couple minutes so I have to go.

Faye:)

gma22
06-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Good morning girls! I don't know whether I am coming or going. This week is so messed up I keep spinning in Saturday and Saturday hasn't even gotten here yet. Jack's hospital visit than he is home until Monday has my routine and days all goofed up.

He is doing fine. We were out and about yesterday and he even did some shopping etc with me and felt fine. He still has this twinge pain we can't explain, but it is less frequent now and only last a couple seconds so who knows what that is. We can only just watch him.

Hope everyone has a great Friday! I have the nasty commissary to deal with today and the upstairs bathrooms to clean and dusting to do. Hope I can fit it all in. I would like to go to the pool this morning before I go shopping but I don't know if I can. Maybe later in the day.

faye ;)

Amanda Panda
06-30-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm really glad to hear that Jack is okay - unexplained pains must be terrifying if you have experienced a heart attack before. At least he has been checked out thoroughly and given the all clear - phew!

Have a good day,

Love Amanda x

Mirabelly
06-30-2006, 09:28 AM
What a relief! Thanks for updating us, Faye. I was worried. :hug:
Have fun at the commissary :D

Julie

KristasMom
06-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Faye -

I know that you are planning on closing down this thread, but I wanted to send you a note.

When I first joined this forum, you were the person who greeted me and gave me suggestions on how to do this. I've gone away and come back more than once since then, but I've always checked in to see how you were doing.

I was so glad to see that you were getting back OP, and, I suspect, like most people here, have been deeply concerned about your husband.

I regret that I didn't say what a valuable person you are in this community, and how much I hope that things continue to get better for you.

Sue

gma22
06-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Sue, you are SO adorable to give me such undeserved praise. I did not decide to do this on a whim. It just seemed like everyone was drifting away and it takes a lot of time to keep up with this thread. I have debated for several months about whether to keep it going and only decided recently that it was just not going in th direction I started it. I cannot say how much it means to me to have someone who does not post here say such nice things about me. I am deeply honored.

My hope is that every woman or man or teenager that has ever posted here or even just lurked (and boy do I have a lot of those) will leave this thread knowing that I care about them and know first hand how hard it is to get your life back and take control of yourself. I know that each one of you can not only succeed in getting the weight off, but improve you health and your overall well being. You each have it within you to be GREAT!!!!!

Above all, I cannot say enough how important it is to "damn the torpedos" so to speak and be proud of the woman or man you are whether you weight 500 lbs or you weigh 100. If we can't love ourselves we cannot expect anyone else to love us. If we are not ashamed of who we are at whatever size you will find that other people treat you differently even if you are morbidly obese. I have seen this over and over and over again.

The women that have posted here will forever be some of my closest friends no matter where they go. They have inspired me and helped me to see myself for what I am, someone who is worth loving and being loved. Someone who truly cares about those people around her. I love each one of them with my deepest being! They have truly been wonderful.

We have one week left to go ladies so I am hoping you will come in here at least one more time and tell everyone what you liked best about being here and who you think really helped you when you needed it. We have had lots of ladies pass through here each with a different story so let's share ours before we say "adieu" forever at Time for Serious Fun. The stories can be serious or funny, sad or happy. Just share whatever you want in the time we have left!

I LOVE YOU ALL! :hug:

Faye

gma22
06-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I will probably post a bazillion things in the next week, but one of the things I think I was proudest of was getting Amanda into a swimming suit and into the swimming pool! I thought I would never convince her to be brave enough to do it and look at her now, over 50 lbs down from that time!!!!

Julie always cracked me up and just thinking about her belly dancing, fighting in those mideviel things she did and her ice skating always cracked me up. She was forever finding something to do that was dangerous! :lol: Now she is brave and writes for a living, but she is still nuts and lives in the Muckluck of the North! :lol: She is the only person I know that misses SHEEP! :dance: :dance:

Carri was always there when I was in the dumper. She could always encourage me when though I didn't say it, I felt like crap. I will forever remember her when they bought their house and moved and she had to give her doggy away! I was so happy when she got him back.

Susan and I posted together on another thread and overnight everyone disappeared. I don't know if SHE ever found out what happened but I never did. We had like 7 or 8 ladies posting and poof they just didn't post anymore. Susan's fight to keep the obesity at bay has always been an inspiration to me.

LeeAnn I have known the shortest period of time, but I always loved hearing the stories about your children. They sound like real characters and your stories always made me laugh, and even when your dh finally went to church.

Amanda, what can I say, kiddo? When I would fall off the wagon, you would encourage me to start back up again. You and Nigel made me feel young again with your antics and problems. It was like having another kid in our family.

For others of you who left like the Sandy's, Nikki, Pam, and on and on, Please know that I have never forgotten you and what you have been through. I hope that each of you have obtained the goal you wanted!

Toodles for now, Faye:D

gma22
07-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Good morning ladies! Hope you are all having a fantastic Saturday! I am just going to move us to the front page this morning. Have a great day!

Faye ;)

SuGyong
07-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Luv ya girls. It'll be a bit weird. I've gotten into the habit of wake up, feed the kids, check email, check 3fc, go on with the day. There's going to be a hole in my mornings now. I'll have to fill it with something.... like the Chippendales website! Talk about getting your blood pumpin! LOL!

Let's see... one of the things i remember about this thread is hearing Julie talk about how awesome all of you ladies are and how I should check it out. She wasn't kiding. You are cool! I was hooked.

-me

Mirabelly
07-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Me? Dangerous?? :shrug: I don't know what you're talking about :D

I joined this thread because of the title, and because when I saw Faye's avatar it just cracked me up! It read "a sailor's chicky-poo" or something, and she looked like she was just so much fun! (Okay, she looked like she just woke up from a three day bender! I wish I had saved that pic) I wasn't disappointed, that's for sure.

I'm proud of the weight I lost because of the support I found here. I'm thrilled to have such wonderful friends. But I am most proud of how we help each other through the rest of life, not just the weight stuff. I remember Jack's heart attack, how worried we all were...and how we all cheered when he could climb stairs again ;) I was so proud when Amanda finally got into the pool!! Since then, she's blossmed into such a confident, happy, strong woman. Carrie was always just a little bit ahead of me, and well--I'm a tad competitive :D So she kept me going, though I never quite caught up with her. Lee Ann's been a friend for ages--and will always be so. I haven't known Susan for very long, but her weight loss inspires me. And I hope I can someday claim the strength she has--her fortitude through this whole ordeal with her husband is amazing!

One of my favorite moments was when Faye did her first 5K walk with her daughter! I was so proud of you for doing that--and so happy that you and your daughter seemed to be working through whatever was keeping you apart.

I know we'll continue to see each other on these boards, but I want you to know that I consider you all dear friends!

Thanks for all the fish!

Julie

gma22
07-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Good morning everyone! I stayed up and watched the NASCAR race last night and woohoo our guy won! We used to never watch the sport but at least our guy is doing ok. The Cubs are awful this year and we have tickets to go see them in Sept with my dil and son. I dread even going. If you have ever been there then you know it is one of only two neighborhood ballparks left and this one has NO parking. You cannot park on the street as it is reserved for the homes around the park, you have to pay to park, ride the train or bus in, take their shuttle or park far away and walk a bazillion miles. I think the last time we went to the game, we parked about 3 blocks away and paid $35 to park in the back of some apartment building and it was tough to get out. I love Chicago and the ballpark, but with the Cubs playing so horrendously, I would rather just do something else with the day. It takes 2 hours to get to Chicago from where my son lives anyway.

Hope you all have a great Sunday.

gma22
07-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope all is well with you!

Let's see what success outside the weight loss arena we have had, Julie has gotten published, Carri bought herself a new home, as did Lee Ann, we had some new businesses started a while back and one of our group a couple years ago that is no longer here had a baby. We had an engagement and then unegagement which is a success when the parties involved realize it is not the best for them to do it.

Inside the diet arena most of us have lost a significant amount of weight. We now seem to be at an impass. I think that we all should recommit to doing this and getting it all off once and for all. Please keep me apprised of your success. I DO want to know and will gladly let others know. PM me your email address if you would like to continue to get updates on others. Amanda, the one I have for you I can never get to work, so email me sometime so I have it.

Have a great day gals!

Faye 5 days left.

SuGyong
07-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Well I don't know about weight loss, but yesterday I bought some new pants for myself... a size smaller! Yay!

Also- now that school is out, the kids and I have been going to the big fun school playground! (about .5 mile away from us) Talk about getting some exercise! :)

-Lee Ann

gma22
07-04-2006, 07:02 AM
HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!! :hat: :woo:

Hope everyone has a fun time with their family today! Try and be good to yourself and watch what you eat today!

Faye

Mirabelly
07-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Have a great fourth everyone! Be careful out there...