Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #198.

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #198.

Marti
06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Hello and Welcome to the Jaded Ladies. :wave:

We are a group of ladies who come in for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles:woops: :lifter: :wl: , and we also find time for some chitchatting!:gossip: So please, won't you join us?

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 12:57 AM
Holy Moly! I almost had the big one there! :faint: lol. I went to post my message into #197 and then it said, "Sorry this is closed" Luckily it "saved" it when i went back! lolllllllllllllllll. So anyways, I made it over to #198! :D

Howdy Ladies! *Need a Little Cowgirl Smiley here* lol

Angela - Thanks I have many more pics too, I just need to get my behind in gear and scan them into the computer! lol. Glad you got through today with THAT woman. lol. "WWWWaaaaahooo let me mosey up to the bar and fetch me a drink. Wwwooooooo Doggies".........lol. Just chiming in on your theme. Very cute. lollllllll. Awwwww new carpet.........be prepared for it to "shed" for a while..........when we had new carpet, every time we vacuumed it was like I was giving the carpet a hair cut. lol.

Marti - Glad you feel better, sometimes we all just got to get things off our chests to be able to "breathe" easier. ;) Yeah well I've cut my own before and had my youngest step sister cut it when she was still in cosmotolgy (sp??) school so figured if I could "bare" that then this chicky should be a snap. OMG and she was too cute. Kept on asking me after every single cut, "you sure its okay? you sure you like it?" lolllll. But Yeah Its time for a "grown up" to cut my hair now. lolllllllllllllll Maybe this time I can sit in the grown up chair and not on the "horsey" :rofl:

Hi :wave: everybody else! Hope your day/night went well for ya.

da fat n da furious
06-17-2006, 02:05 AM
ah man Shel,,,I wanna party with you! We could paint the town heel and kick up our reds. Umm lets see now,,,I have yet to even look at the new camera we have,,,and you are saying what about what? behind, gear? lol
I was prewarned by the carpet guy. Came home for a quick peak at lunch and he was still there. SHOOOOOOO nice on my toesies...lol Im going to have to pull out all my cowboy duds...I don't go all the way...no spurs or anything like that. Do wear the cowboy hat...a slim shady. Hate it though cause when I take it off I look like Crusty the Clown with hat head.

Marti,,,start making plans to come visit next July. You and James. We can do some small town rodeos if you like,,,or just go to the Stampede,,and check out the entertainment. One year I saw the MAVRICKS! I loved them. Friends came with me,,not knowing who they were and came away locing them too. Last year I saw Terri Clarke, and the Trews. This year the big names are Alan Jackson, and Kenny Chesney,,,(breath Shel...I know you are a big fan...lol) But I usually go to all the free shows...this year I don't know whom Im going to see. You can check out what we have...look on the cocoa cola stage or nashville north www.calgarystampede.com click stampede 2006
and then click music. Its gonna be an exciting year. Sent you an ecard of the Trews.
well seriously need to get to bed if Im going to make the farmer's market

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 02:45 AM
Angelia...........come on letssssssss partyyyyyyy. :woo: You and your Slim Shady Hat and me in my Big Ten Gallon hat, sportin the John Wayne look "Well hoooooowwdddddyyy paaaaaarrrrrdddnnneeerr".......lmaooooooooooooooooo. :cool: Then we can wrangle up Kenny Chesney and whatever celeb man you want and we'll gather round the fire and toast some buns er um I mean marshmellows! lollllllllllllll :hot:

Yeah yeah I know but when we went to the Smokeys then it was pre-digital days. Now we have a digital but haven't been back there in a few years. lol. What what? No spurs? :faint: lol. And no fair you get to see Kenny? Well could just touch his butt for me and smile then? :hyper: :drool: lol

Have a Wonderful night/ er um morning ladies! lol :sunny:

jules1216
06-17-2006, 08:53 AM
You girls have been busy since I was last here--I took notes so I think I got it,

Sassy--there is a spot about 15 minutes away that has a view of WV,VA,PA & MD. Sounds like you and Angelia would have alot of fun at the Stampede....

Angelia--You are so active and have so much fun stuff to do!!! That Stampede sounds fun!! My DD has been to a couple of rodeos.

Michele ma belle--your haircut is so cute!! My stepsister had the opposite feeling about being a size 0-1 and having to shop in the kids section for clothes--she hated it! She said she wanted grown up clothes especially since she had two kids!! She's 53 and a size 3--she tried many doctor regulated diets to gain and never could. She gets tired of people thinking she is anorexic because she does eat--a lot. My Aunt Lena was 4'11' and a size 0-1--she used to go to the upscale stores in the Orlando FL area and examine clothes --always carried a little sketchbook--she was an excellent seamstress and made her own clothes and always wore matching colorful bangles bracelets which I have and my daughter actually wear some of them.

Jane--I love the Temptations too--my Mom is a big soft jazz fan. SHe also likes big band--Christmas I got her three cd's the Arthur Miller Band (I think I have that right), and two best of compliations--one of Tom Jones and the other Barry manilow--my brother got her a couple of jazz ones. She loves her 5 disc cd changer--she puts it so it mixes it up and enjoys.

Marti--I am going to try Jane's recipie next weekend and maybe make one for the bake sale we are doing for my coworker that is still out--her skin graft was yesterday. She has alot of out of pocket expenses. The bake sale has to keep the "Road to Wellness" program they are trying to do at work. I am making fresh salsa to put into small containers and adding a sandwich baggie of baked lowfat tortilla chips. Jane's pie complete with WW points given by the piece maybe another good thing to do.

Hi to Sue & Katiecat & Robin--and anyone else who is looking!!

Michelle
06-17-2006, 09:48 AM
MARTI... I had been growing my bangs out before, but decided to get them cut again. I have gone back and forth many times with this, but the older I get, the older I feel with long bangs. She also put more blonde in this time than normal, but I really do like it.;)

JULES... I don't even remember ever seeing a size 0-1; maybe in grade school, but I don;t even know about that LOL!:dizzy: Hope you have fund when your kids come over tomorrow for Father's Day. I'm not for sure what we'll being doing as of yet.:hug:

da fat n da furious
06-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Michelle, you hair is so complimenting to your face. The blonde warms everything up...very nice. I like my bangs about where yours are. Makes the eyes stand out more.

Jules, what a wonderful thing to do for you co worker. I wish we did things like that...a lil bake sale and such. Everything you are bringing sounds yummy.

Shel,,,well now up here in cowtown (Calgary is actually called that) we could have a down right scary good time.

Marti, I am so glad you had the talk with the guy. They probably dind't even realize they were doing that to you eh?

Well we didn't do anything at all last night. Monte went to bed and I can't get to the vacuum. I can't do touch up painting till the furniture is down. its just one crazy cycle till I have the guys around to help me.

Its so beautiful out right now,,,bout time since we have had rain for days now.
well Im going to go make a coffee and sit out on the deck...

Michelle
06-17-2006, 01:48 PM
ANGIE -- You're so kind with your compliment!;) I do like the bangs better, and everyone else has said the same thing. It's just easier having longer bangs because you don't have to get in to get them trimmed as often, but I'll deal with it. I miss my length that I had last summer though! My hair was about six inches longer, and that's what I'm going for now. I just had one inch cut off the length yesterday, but it seems like so much more!:o Hope you enjoyed your coffee and relaxation on the deck, and hopefully the guys come around soon to give you some help! Have a great day!:hug:

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Hello Chicas!

Jules Cool! :)

Angelia - Sound fun! :D Hope you get all the guys there so you can get everything completed. :) Its HOT here today.........we had to sit in traffic forever today and there was no reason that we could even see for it, no accident, no broken down car, no old lady rollerblading, nothing...........lol

I hope everybody else has a Great Evening and a Wonderful rest of the Weekend!

jules1216
06-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Sassy--so do you get many old ladies rollerblading???? It's hot here today (90's)too, but the humidity isn't up yet. I hate when you walk outside and get that yucky damp feeling...

Michelle ma belle--I never saw a 0-1 either ever....I struggled with my heifer hips & thunder thighs since puberty.

Angelia--won't it be nice when everything is done and you can try to relax--the waiting for somebody to help kills me--I think that's why I take on too much myself and don't ask unless it is absolutely necessary...

If I am not back--everyone have a good night!!

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi Jules. No we don't I was just saying that didn't see any around to cause the traffice back up. lol. hee hee. Yeah its just HOT and our car's air conditioning don't work right now so its like sitting in a hot TIN can! lollllllll. I think I was about Medium Rare by the time we arrived @ work. lol

jules1216
06-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Sassy--the area I live is growing fast and the roads can't keep up with all the traffic...there are a few main roads that I try desperately to avoid. I had a AMC Gremlin when my son was little that would vapor lock in the middle of traffic when it was hot. So embarrassing but it is what led me to my hubby!! He fixed the problem and we've been together ever since.

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Jules sounds like our truck. We keep "band-aiding" it along until we can get another. We didn't drive it today because it was so hot and we are having radiator issues w/ it right now. :hot: Our car works great *knocking on wood* the air just doesn't work, but weird the air works great in our truck, which we are supposed to get the air fixed in the car, just have to get it down to our mechanic. ;) That is nice that at least your car lead you to your hubby. :love:

Michelle
06-17-2006, 08:44 PM
SHEL -- Did you like having your account here ad-free, and have you decided to keep subscribing to it? I have done the trial twice now, but still deciding if I'll do the six month thingy.:?: :dizzy:

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi Michelle, I am on my 2nd week of the trial thing. I think its totally worth it. I probably will go ahead and pay. I enjoy the forum and its much more enjoyable without all the ads. But to each their own. ;)

Michelle
06-17-2006, 09:02 PM
SHEL -- Another thing that I like about the ad-free is that the board is so much larger and easy to read.:^:

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Michelle, you are so right about that, much easier to read! :D Hey don't you think we should get a couple $$ off our sub. for advertising how great the paid version is? lmaoooooo.

Michelle
06-17-2006, 09:07 PM
:rofl: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LOL!!! You are so funny SHEL, but so true!;)

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 09:08 PM
:lol: Hey I gotta try, right? :rofl:

Michelle
06-17-2006, 09:08 PM
SHEL -- Every time I see your name, I always think someone is writing to me, because that is my nickname.;) :lol:

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
lol. I thought about that. Well they can call me Sassy if that would help. ;) lol

Michelle
06-17-2006, 09:20 PM
SHEL -- Oh that's okay, my first name is just fine since that's what everyone is used to and I'm also used to it too.;) :D

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
ok. :)

alextucker
06-17-2006, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the PM Jules! I know I have missed another thread. I have been a sloth this week. My boss was here the week before and then he went to California and I have been solo on the tech calls this week in the office and it's been crazy....I haven't walked all week and I have been snackin through everyday and not eating a regular meal.

I took the kids to the Texas Rangers baseball game last night and I felt pretty comfortable in my clothes....then a roaming photographer came by and took our picture and handed me a card....look on the website for your picture tomorrow. I enjoyed the game....I know we walked 3 miles from the car and up to the top nose bleed section of the stadium and then back to the car....my pedometer said 15,670 step so I know I walked plenty yesterday. I got up this morning looked up the picture on the website and OMGOSH I looked so fat.

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=trangers&gallery_id=414193&image_id=12

I am back on the wagon tomorrow...going to read the two threads I missed and hope my solo week at work next week is not so crazy!

Thanks again Jules...:hug:

da fat n da furious
06-18-2006, 12:52 AM
OMG ladies I don't know what possessed me to eat all the junk food at the movies. I feel ill... I ws doing so well,,,ate clean,,,drank my water.. with all the up and down the stairs I was doing felt like I had my work out in. Then we went to see Inside Man,,,and if it wasn't moving I ate it. Came home and ate even more. Bought these pastry twists from Costco,,,60 calories each. I ate 3.
Think Im going to have to go to bed now so I don't eat any more...how pathetic is that? So impressed right now,,,Not!

Tomorrow will be a new day.

Michelle
06-18-2006, 12:56 AM
ANGIE -- You're so right, tomorrow is a NEW day and you can start over, and be good from this point on. It's fine to have a cheat day each week, just so you get right back on track, but you're doing SO good!;) :hug:

Sassy_Chick
06-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Angelia, :hug: I've been bad girl all day today. But like Michelle said, tomorrow is a new day. ;) :dust: for us both and anybody else who may need it! :D

jules1216
06-18-2006, 08:03 AM
Alex--the Rangers baseball game sounds fun!! I know what crazy at work feels like--there are nights I get home and even though I love coming to this site, the last thing that I want to do is get on another computer and type!!

Angelia--there are days where I somehow get on automatic graze--I try to not do it too often, but those days do happen and today will be better!

Jane, Marti, Sue, MaryKate, Robin, Connie, Cristina, Michelle ma belle & Shel--Hi to all of you!! Hope you have a great day and if I missed anyone..I am sorry!!

I have to go to Walmart to get acouple of things for the kids coming today!! I may be back later tonight.

Marti
06-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Just poppin in really quick today!

Been spending time w/my guy!! He has to go to work tonight so I'm spending the day w/him. So I will be scarse (sp?) for most of the day. I will catch up on you all tonight!!

:hug:

alextucker
06-18-2006, 05:36 PM
That auto grazing must be in the air....because it made it's way to Texas. I have been eating since I got out of bed. I have so much to do to catch up from the last two crazy weeks before the next one starts. In church today the sermon was about takin the Sabbath day serious and doing nothing and I am pretty sure it sunk in...because I came home from lunch and took a nap. I will be alone in the office again next week. My office is in my house, but it's still crazy. We have 450 businesses using our software so the tech support calls start at 8 AM and go until 6 PM.

Michelle - I like your hair...looks very good on you.

I will read and catch up on what I missed last week soon. Right now the kitchen is calling my name...very loudly!!

I did find a house...that's what my boss was here for a week ago.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8116/2862/1600/backyard%20new%20house%203.2.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/8116/2862/1600/new%20house.3.jpg

Sassy_Chick
06-18-2006, 10:13 PM
:wave: Hi Everybody, I hope you all are doing well!

suetalks
06-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I posted 3 new photos to my album. The windows are in and the roof is on! I am so anxious for the brick work.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/suetalks/my_photos

Michelle
06-18-2006, 11:22 PM
SUE -- I love looking at pictures! Your house is going to be so nice and I bet you can hardly wait for it to be finished!;)

suetalks
06-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi Sassy...I am too lazy to go back and talk to everyone tonight.
My week-end was mainly focused on both houses. I kept plenty busy by using my digital camera to take pictures of the light fixtures and fans we want....ran errands and went with DH to pick up doors,etc. Cleaned..and cleaned again. Lordy this house gets dusty. Our house was featured in the Sun. paper and on t.v., so I am hoping for showings this week.
Had family pop in yesterday...hey, at least my house was clean.
I did get to 'finally' relax today and enjoy my coffee and newspapers. My Sun. ritual. It rained and was gloomy, so I drank more coffee and just chilled.
Made a pork roast for dinner.

AND another week begins....Hope yours is a good one dear JL's.

suetalks
06-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Hello Michelle....Thanks..I think I am going to love the house. It will be hard to leave this one, but I am getting ready for it.

:)

da fat n da furious
06-19-2006, 12:00 AM
hey all...
Sue looking at your pictues, I know that house! With the windows and it being closer to finish I reconized it from this house I went to try adn buy in a auctiin. It wasn't complete,,about where you are now. I did the same,,,made a pork roast. But no relaxing here,,,Monte pulled out the whip and had us working hard all day. But its mostly done. Yard cleaned up, and living room completely painted. Carpets washed. And laundry almost done. Im beyong exhausted...
Alex,,,that looks like a nice house,,,fingers crossed you get it.
Jules,,,me too,, I have a tough time coming home from working on computers all day to checing in.
Michelle, you are right,,,I had my cheat day and I got back in the saddle...drank all my water today...feeling good.
Shel,,,so how was your day?
Marti,,,believe me I am a firm believer in spending time with DH..(but now when he has a whip...lol)
Well off to bed I go,,,having a hard time keeping my eyes open.

Jane
06-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Hello ladies!

What a weekend! We had lots of fun in Owensboro. The concert was awesome. Then today, the kids and grandkids were here to honor Neal. Tomorrow is Monday again... yikes, where does the time go?

Too many posts for me to try and catch up but I'll try to tomorrow. :)

Sassy_Chick
06-19-2006, 06:40 AM
I am so sorry but I copied this from my blog, just too tired to re-type it all out....................:tired:
OMGGGG! I was SOOOOOOOOOOO BUSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! From about Midnight all the way until my shift ended!! I was INSANELY BUSY! BUSIER than I have EVER been since I started working there! Even when I worked on DAYS and we were 3 people short we were NEVER that busy! :stress: I was SOOOOOOO busy that the agents were IMing me to give me more work because I was on the phone so much (working)!!!!!! I was BACKED UPPPPPP big time! :comp:

I was in tears :cry: by the end of my shift. Not only because of how busy I was (I am the ONLY one there on my nights for my team) but also I was yelled at by a few techs and agents. So that didn't help my night. Luckily I did have a few caring people there to help me along. :hug: We all have our breaking points and this morning was mine! I was fine until I got yelled at and that was it! I could handle the work load, EXTREMELY busy, but I handled it fine. But add all that on TOP of getting yelled at = VERY FRUSTRATED ME! And when I get that FRUSTRATED I cry. :cry: I don't like that I do that but I can't help it. Its just how I am. I have to cry a little and then I am okay.

I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy :woo:when the end of my shift came and I could sign out! :cb: I actually said as I walked out of work "I'm FREEEEEEEEE!" and did the Mary Tyler Moore thing except with no hat! lmao! I actually asked a coworker if I was able to purchase beer at that hour since it was technially a Monday. He said he didn't think they sold it until later in the AM. He and several other agents there said they didn't blame me a bit for wanting a beer. lol. (I NEVER hardly drink!) lol. So I did stop at the grocery, we needed some things I didn't get lastnight but I didn't even try to get booze, soooooooo oh well. :shrug:

Anyways. At least it looks REALLY good for my phone stats when my boss pulls them to see what the busiest nights are. (They talked about pulling me off of nights) AFter she sees tonight or this mornings stats I doubt she will take me off. :p

Plus I have several witnesses who SAW first hand how EXTREMELY busy I was this morning. Now hub has to deal with it + his job. I couldn't stay because I was not allowed any overtime. (he was approved for over time).

I bet my boss will be wishing she did let me stay but oh well.

So anyways, it was actually really nice to get off of work and have a nice drive home, alone. I NEEDED it. Even if its only a few hours difference, I think this may work out. See they are talking about putting hub on a 3-night shift, 1-14 hr and 2-13 hr shifts. But I have to stay on my current shift, 4-10 hour shifts. Only thing is we will HAVE to get me another vehicle. The truck is definately on its way out AND besides that it is VERY expensive to drive, it takes about $90 to fill and uses A LOT more gas than our small little Mazda that hub drives (stick shift I CANNOT drive it) and besides that even if I learn to drive it, I still would need a vehicle to drive. So I dunno. :dunno:

We have been looking at new cars but I HATE to think about a car payment. I haven't had a car payment since BEFORE we got married and we've been married almost 8 years now (in Sept)! I would LOVE to find a nice small, automatic, used car that is in good shape like fil found his. He got a big ole grandpa car. That is what i call it. lol. Its nice and all, but I just want a small car. But I know beggers can't be choosers. I drive a BIG ole truck now. I just want something that is reliable and cheap on gas, thats it.

What else? Hmmmmm. Oh don't know if I mentioned this or not, but it is confirmed that the guy who wants to pull me off of nights and onto weekend days? Is doing it to try to split hub and I up. Someone got it straight from our bosses mouth. :blah: So hub is going to stay until our boss comes in this morning and talk to her, hopefully she comes in on time or at all. (she misses a lot).

I guess that is it besides me needing a vacation and to go on a good bender. lollllllllllllllllll. :hat:

Have a Nice Morning!

Who am I again? lol. :crazy:

P.S. Also while at the store I PASSED the snack section and didn't even BUY anything and I was TEMPTED too! :drool: I even passed the HOHO'S! I am SO wanting :mcd: right now, but I am trying to refrain! lol.

Cafe Ole
06-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi All! Holy Smoks, seems like I missed a lot over the weekend! I am going to have a fit with no computer for a whole 10 days on our next trip!

Marti...hmmm, my photo on my avatar? I kinda like dopey, he is cuter LMAO

Sue... WOW & WOW your house is just amazing! We love watching the progress photos!

Jane... you got a BUZZ?!

Hi to Jules, Flady (haven't see you in a bit), Cristina (are you ok??? please don't leave), Angie, Alex, Sue, MaryKate & Sassy. Oh forgive me for anyone I have forgotten.

Did you all have a great weekend? Let's see.... I played hooky at work Friday afternoon. My cholesterol is down 19 pts! So I celebrated & went grocery shopping on my own, wow what a difference to go by yourself with out little ones with you!

On Sat I took my youngest to the pool & she totally swam the width 8 times without touching the bottom like that lady said she did, I think that lady better pay better attention and I will be glad to tell her even the lifeguard there said he would stick up for my babe :)

Then we had my neighbor's going away party. Oops I had a couple margaritas LOL. By the time I knew it, it was 2am! Then Sunday the cookout at the MIL's. I asked for a plain burger, they said it was. No they had seasoned it so much, by the time I left, I was ill. seriously, I haven't had marinades & seasonings like that in 3 months and by body went OMG, it hated it. She was mad I wouldn't eat her chocolate pie or her coconut pudding bars (ummm no thanks, I didn't do all those stairs for that) - now safari track ice cream maybe LOL -- no I was a good girl :)

Have a gab day all! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Marti
06-19-2006, 11:29 AM
I had a great weekend. Did some yardwork. Lawn looks nice and I don't lose my dogs in it!:D

Alex--Nice house! Is the picture on the top a photo of part of the house or a separate area? I love all the trees and how much space you have!!

Sue--Your home is coming up fast! I didn't realize how big it was going to be! Can't wait to see the finish product!

Michelle--We bought a new camera! It was a total impulse buy! OMG!!! We've been needing a new camera, our other one, everyone looks purple, like they're losing circulation! :lol: This one is nice. Small and handy. I just need to figure out how to use it! It's a 8mega pixal....didn't even know they had such a thing. Will post a photo when I figure it out!

Angie--You crack me up.....does Monte carry a whip often??? We had a great weekend. We were expecting him to go off to work last night, but he didn't get called unti this morning which was nice because he got some sleep!

Shel--Aww!!! I hate when work take a toll on us! Last week was my breaking point. And I vow to make this week a lot better. I did my talking that I needed to do, now to just go on w/the work week and see how I handle it. (I shall bring NO extra change for the vending machines!)

Robin--What a strong woman you are! I always find it amazing that people get upset when you don't eat the desserts! I see nothing wrong w/making healthy choices. Sheesh! You did good! That is a great NSV!!

Jane--I wanna hear more about the Lone temptation and the rest of the band. :D Come back when you have more time.

Katie--Miss you posting, hope you're ok and that your arms aren't bothering you so!

Hello to the rest of you gals!

I better make the most of this morning. I want to get a workout in before anything. Then I have plans to make a good salad for lunch. This week will be better for me I think! I won't be losing any weight before vacation, but at least I can eat better and exercise more.

TaTa!

cjdodson
06-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Hi ladies - I'm back!!

I can't believe it's been 2 months! My back surgery (4/20) was a success but then I developed a really nasty staph infection - so instead of being the the nursing home for 2 weeks rehab I've been in there for 2 months. I came home last Fri. (16th). I have home health care for a while & can't go back to work for 4 - 6 weeks.

I know I won't be able to catch up on all the posts of the past 2 months so I'm going to just jump in as of today.

The doctor told me no dieting until this infection is gone because I need the calories to heal. Normally I would say "whoo hoo" but everyone that visited me brought chocolate & I gained 5 lbs. in the last 2 months.

Hope everyone is OK.

Connie

Marti
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Connie!!!:hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry to hear that it was 2mos of healing! But I'm so happy to hear that you're back home! We've missed you. And you need to do as the doctor says....no dieting until infection is gone! Keep yourself rested and welcome back!!

Marti
06-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Jules--I forgot to get you on my last post! Sorry! I wanted to say that I didn't make that pie this weekend. Was going to but we ended up making a pumpkin pie!

Poppin in really quick to say hello. The weather is beautiful, but the wind is cold! And I need to wash the car! Anybody wanting to do it for me???:^:

Since I have no takers, I better go get it done. Plus it'll be great upper body exercise for me right?

Only 2weeks before vacation!!:carrot:

Chat w/you all later.

Jane
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Hiya ladies,

Angie - I'd love to see the Mavericks. Wasn't Trisha Yearwood married to one of them? Your life is so busy, you wear me out just reading about it, lol.

Shel - aww, hon, it's ok to cry. I cry, too, when I'm frustrated like that. Then I get POed, lol. Yay for you passing up the unhealthy snacks.

Marti - I hope you love your new camera 1/2 as much as I love mine. I don't know who invented the digital camera, but I'm sure glad they did. Wow, your vacation is right around the corner.

Julie - if you take the same pie I made, you'll have to set it in a dish of ice, since it's mostly gelatin and cool whip. I love bake sales. My body looks like I like them, too.

Michelle - wow, your hair looks great! I like the bangs a lot. When my hair was longer, I had bangs, and they helped hide the wrinkles in my forehead, lol. Gotta love that!

Connie - so good to see you!! And I can't tell you how sorry I am that you've been so sick. Get well, and in the meantime, come post with us as often as you can, ok?

Alex - the house is nice! Is it for sure yours?

Sue - thanks for sharing the photos. I'm so excited for you, Sue.

Robin - I meant that the stylist trimmed my hair a little much. Sounds like you had a busy weekend, too. Hope you've recovered from the burger.

I've got Makenzie today, and she is such a little delight. I feel like I'm in slow motion, for some reason. Getting too old to party hardy, I guess, lol.

We're having trouble again with our water pump. Neal called the company who sold and installed it and told them to get down here and fix it or replace it. Yikes, it's hard to go very long w/o water.

Back later.....

alextucker
06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Shel- Good Job on Passing up the snacks...I am an emotional eater and I grazed on one to many little debbis white cakes over the weekend. I cry when I am overwhelmed...sad, happy, over worked, kids I just have to get it out and then I am ok!!

Connie - Welcome Back...looking forward to getting to know you.

Jane - yes the house is mine...we move in Oct 1st.

Marti - the other picture is of the back yard. I was standing in front of the garage looking out into the back yard. 32 oak trees, 1 plum, 1 nectarine and 1 pear (I LOVE PEARS). It has two raised garden beds in the back and almost all the flowers are perineals so they will come back every year. Roses are the only thing not there and I will put those in next spring. The seller is leaving all the patio furniture and potted plant and plant stands. I am very excited. 4 bedrooms so the boys won't be sharing after we move and I get an office. :carrot:

Sue - I like the house...I bet you can't wait to get in it!!

suetalks
06-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Good afternoon...
Connie, Welcome back and I am so sorry for what you had to go through. Please tell us that you are on the sunny road to recovery now.
Jane, Also a Welcome back. Sounds like you had fun and are having a good time with the DGD. They have a way of making you feel every one of your years don't they?
Marti, The house looks bigger than it is due to the dormer windows. There is no second story just the windows acting like skylights in the kitchen and great room. Of course, the garage and DH's workshop are almost the size of the house too. Actual living area is only about half of what it looks like from outside. I AM excited!
Robin, Ummm margaritas, my favorite. Good for you on passing the desserts...where do you get your willpower and will you share it? I am so bad!
Alex, Yay for the new house. I am so happy for you and your boys!
Shel, Sounds like your job is so tough on you...sorry to hear that it has been so stressful. Everyone need some alone time, so go for it.
Angie, I say..get your own whip girl! Show that hubby how to dance to your whip crackin'. LOL... But doesn't it feel super to get so much done?
Jules, Michelle, Hi gals.

Just dusting and sweeping today...nothing exciting. I did do laundry this a.m and changed the bed sheets. Don't even know what I am fixing for dinner. DH, of course, is working at the lot on his shed doors. I hoped for a call from the realtor about a showing today, but so far nothing.
Going to go do WATP since it is rainy here off and on today. Might get out for a walk tonigh if it clears up.

Later friends!

Michelle
06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Angie... I'm glad you are back on the saddle again; I've had MANY of those days, believe me!:hug:

Marti... So glad you finally got your new digital! I absolutely love mine and we are always having fun with it. I've never liked my picture taken, but my DD keeps snapping pictures literally every time we turn around LOL! Now you can post a NEW picture of you on here...PLEASE!;) :hug:

Connie... I never got to know you before, but :welcome3: back...nice to meet you!:hug:

SUE... Hi and hope you're having a good day! You are always SO busy with housework and errands, please slow yourself down just a little, okay LOL!:hug:

Jane... Thank you for the compliment on my pic! I have been growing and cutting my bangs so many times, and I'm not even sure this time if I will keep the bangs short again; they just seem like so much more work, but I feel like I look older with longer bangs. Glad you're having fun with your granddaughter today!:hug:

HELLO to everyone else I may have missed and hope you all have a wonderful day! We're having some major horrible problems with my mom today, and she may be committed to a mental institution soon, and I've been having a very hard time with all of this today.:cry: I did get my WATP in so I feel better about that now.:^:

Jane
06-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi ladies, :wave:

Alex - how exciting to know that you're moving. And just think - you'll have Thanksgiving and Christmas in your new house. Wow, it's nice of the current owner to leave the things he is.

Sue - if you're like me, you'll be glad there's no 2nd floor with steps to climb, lol. Katie cooked again today. I'm loving that. Once she gets a job, I'm on my own again, lol.

Michelle - aww, I'm so sorry about your mom and that you're having a hard time. :hug: Wish I could help you somehow.

A big hello to the other JLs.

It's been so warm here today that I've stayed in. Now it's time to go out in the cooler evening air and spend some time with my sweetie. We're loving the screened-in patio now that the skeeters are out full-force.

Hope you're are having a good time this evening. Spend it with someone who loves you. :)

jules1216
06-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Sue & Alex--thanks for sharing the pics of your homes to be!!

Jane--good idea about pie on ice. I've been looking in cookbooks for some other light recipies--I didn't think about searching on the website--duh...I'll bet I can find some good ones.

Shel--Hugs to you--sorry for your bad day!!

Robin--yes to getting your cholesteral down!! NSV to you truning down the sweets and hooray for your little one and her eight laps!!

Marti--I'll have to have a slice of Jane's recipie pie before I put it out for the bake sale!! I had to wash my car yesterday--It's so dusty since it hasn't been raining and then today we had a thunderstorm!!

Connie--Welcome back--I was wondering where you were!!

Michelle ma belle--sorry about your mom :( --I say a little prayer for you!!

MaryKate--hope you are okay too!!

Hi to anyone I may have missed!!

Jane
06-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Jules - once you try that pie, you're gonna love it. :yes: There are some good recipes right here in the WW area, if you're interested. The soup and stew ones are especially good, but more for winter.

Jane
06-19-2006, 08:10 PM
It's that time again..... see you at #199....:wave: