General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:25 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Liquids for a week!!!

I am undergoing a dental procedure on Wednesday and the dental surgeon said I can eat only liquids or semisolids for 1 week till the sutures come off...
I am controlling my calories so I dont want to drink all the sugary juices and mashed potatoes...but also dont want to starve... any suggestions?
Old 06-17-2006, 12:42 AM   #2  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I ate a lot of yogurt, mashed potatoes, pudding, soup broth, and softened ice cream. Even with the dubious diet, though, I didn't gain any weight because I just didn't feel well enough to eat all that much and the first day I was too busy sleeping off the medication to eat at all.

Good Luck, I'm sure everything will be fine.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:56 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

You could also try some of the liquid suppliments like Ensure. They have things like breakfast shakes, as well as the liquid meal-in-a-can.
Good luck with your procedure!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Get yourself a blender, some plain protein powder and lots of frozen fruit. Nice nutritious smoothies!
Just keep measuring and counting, gently exercise, take your pain pills, nap and the time will fly by.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:10 PM   #5  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

When I had my wisdom teeth out some of the more healthy choices I found bareable to eat were applesauce, instant breakfast (or shakes), soups with only brooth or soft noodles, hum... I can think of a lot more non-healthy items I ate... Anywho good luck!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #6  

Infact, I am also having my wisdom teeth removed! all 4 of them!!!

I went because I had one broken tooth and he said we will remove all 5
(1 broken + 4 wisdom)

2 havent even errupted yet..so they will have to incise the gums!!!! I have no problems with them..but the dentist saya that the better you get them out its good esp because my jaw is too small!
he said that we recommend that to everyone these days!!! Is that true?

I am terrified just by the thought of taking out 5/32 teeth out at once!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:42 PM   #7  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

When I had my wisdom teeth CUT OUT (not pulled!) I enjoyed milkshakes! I blended just about everything you could think of. My favorite meal was yogurt, strawberries, banana & skim milk. My favorite desert was Root Beer & Strawberry Ice Cream.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Yeppers, that is true! DD and DS#2 both had their wisdom teeth cut out before they had even come through.

Not being funny...but I had a friend who ate baby food for a week! ICK! But she seemed to like it...something different from soups, shakes etc. But I think you got some good ideas here. With so many different soups and shakes alone I don't think you will tire from it.
Closed Thread