Support Groups - Bck In Kindergarten #10!:-)

View Full Version : Bck In Kindergarten #10!:-)

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2006, 05:43 PM
WELCOME to Back In Kindergarten #10 to anyone reading this!:df:

I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten ~Jules
:df:

Please join us in our chit chat as we discuss our weight loss journey and daily lives!!! :df: :comp:

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Thats cute - we are bck in kindergarten. ....and here I was thinking I was back.....what the ....*&^%$.

I don't know what you would do with out me Jules!! I miss our Cristi :(

Katy is on her way to Ashland.
Shawna is playing vollyball
Bep is baking more 1x1 brownies :df:
Kathy is MIA (where ARE you Red????)
Ginny is biking
Michelle is looking for more Napoleon for me *hint*
Mari was having a difficult time
Deb is MIA
June C is having an affair on Mr Cleaver.....:o probably with Mr Brady;)

I stopped at subway for soup but they didn't have any - had to settle for a tuna on italian herbs, it was good. I handed in my paperwork,,and Mike is getting a good deal because I only claimed $300 for babysitting.

Another 4 hours and I can go home!

jules1216
06-16-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't know what I would do without you either---why do you think I started this thread!!! I may go into withdrawal if I don't get my SuzyQ fix or worse yet - not get my laugh from one of your posts which is worth 5 points a day on our "road to wellness" thing at work-- I need my laugh points cause I though I gave up Coke I still need my cup of coffee in the mornign so I definitely won't ever get the 5 points a day for not drinking caffiene!! You do want me to get my points don't you!! I may even have to share the $20 a month bonus with you if I can get all my points!!! Since I was on vacation the first week it started I am trying to find out what happens since I didn't have their chart to follow to get my points!!

You need to go to Michelle ma belle's house and make her post!!! Bep maybe jogging to your house, maybe you should wait for her......

Cristi--you need to come back and play!!!!

jules1216
06-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I had my corn on the cob and tomatoes--cantelope for dessert later. It was really yummy!!! When I picked up kitty food at the Dollar General store I bought a 48 oz water jug with straw--some how drinking thru the straw made the 48 oz's go faster--but then it is really hot--and it's gonna get hotter this weekend--I might lay out in the yard and get some more freckles!! Hubby doesn't like me using tanning beds but I can put some baby oil and fry under the sun!!!

Michelle
06-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi Girlies -- SUSAN & JULES, you have been very busy posting today! WHERE IS OUR CRISTI AT??? I just got home after being gone three hours getting my hair colored and cut. I got a weave and some bangs again. I'm quite blonde now LOL! I'm just getting ready to go get my DH from work and we're going to grab something for dinner. I will chat again later!:hug:

jules1216
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Michelle ma belle--can't wait to see you post a pic with your new hair color and cut!!! We might not see you the rest of the night after hubby sees the new hairdo!!!

Michelle
06-16-2006, 07:19 PM
JULES -- LOL!!! You are too funny!:lol3: :lol3: :rofl: I will post a pic soon. I'm afraid to change my avatar again in fear that it will shrink down to nothing again.:?: :dizzy:

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Hi.
Our maintenance supervisor came in and asked me if I was still on the committee <roll eyes>
I said yes but I have missed meetings because I have been on "Family Disability" (my daughter was in rehab, remember??? Not for a drug problem *snort* ....for ...ummm, because...kind of like a camp thing- it was covered - what the heck- gave me a break...lol) No one told him that.....and I pulled down my fathers obit and gave it to him to read.......sheesh,,,,,and I am slurpee addict and Cristi is MIA!!! *&^%$#......give me some slack. I am sooooooo stressed.
Corn and Tomatoes?? What an odd combo.....lol. I thought beets and cottage cheese was bad...Jules.
We have dollar stores here. Never heard of dollar general....still a dollar, right?? lol
Anyway, I strolled up to Buddy Up and invited the newbies down....you think they will be scared off???? We really need Michelle....she is kind of normal...and Cristi.....:D
If you all make it down.....it is going to be ok!

(*&^%$$ , I gotta go!! I wish I could go home!!

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Would love to see a picture Michelle!

jules1216
06-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Pretty much everyone but you and me are normal on here SuzyQ--I will try to behave and not scare anyone--I can't believe you never had the corn on the cob and fresh tomato combo--There are so many farmers veggies stands and farmers markets that I will be eating fresh farm grown veggies all summer--I planted tomatoes, cucumbers and yellow squash. We have Dollar stores too but the Dollar General is a little different--prices comparable to Walmart but not as much selection and alot of their stuff is seasonal and if you like something you better get it cause they might not stock it next week--am I making any sense at all!!
Hey is the maintenance supervisor the cute maintenance guy with the keys that jingle!!! You have had it rough these last few months..you need a vacation!!

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2006, 07:50 PM
No, the maintenance supervisor is not the same MM that I like. MS is nice looking but he has a thang for the pest control lady, they are an item. MM will be at camp though! I haven't told the girls I am going, I will miss Gaby soooooooo much. I love sleeping with her.
I love yellow squash, I love fall time.

What are you all doing this weekend????

I think I said this before....a nephews birthday party tomorrow and going up as a family to dads grave site. Sunday....I am not sure..... the first Fathers Day without my dad....be so weird.

90 minutes to go!!!:carrot:

bep
06-16-2006, 08:05 PM
What a fun day this has been!!!! My parents were down to visit me for the day (I only get to see them about once a month or so), and my grandparents came also (I see them a couple times a month). When they pulled up in the drive, I went out to greet them and they where like "OH MY GOODNESS!!!!" They could see the difference in my size even since Mother's Day when I saw them! That felt REALLY good!!! I made really healthy food. Mmmmmm...it was sooooo good! I grilled chicken breasts and fruit cabobs. We had those veggie wraps....mmmmm....all so good! I LOOOOOOOVE to cook for people! They all liked my healthy versions of things I made.

My kids loved seeing grandparents and great grandparents. We are hoping to all get together sometime around July 4th with a few more of my siblings and their families added in. I love my family. I have been blessed with an incredible one!

HUGE NSV!!!!!!!!!!!! When DH got home today, he told me how proud he is of me. He just went on and on about different things he is proud of me doing (great with diet, exercise, and even my getting him his breakfast and snack for work every morning). Sooooooo sweet!!! I have a great hubby!

Something else hubby said is that with other diets I have done, he didn't think this, but this time he can tell I am going to do this. He has never said that to me before. It's neat when others see your determination!

Susan...nope...wasn't baking 1" x 1" brownies again!!! :lol: You are such a stinkin' little trouble maker! :lol: However, I did make a peanut butter chocolate pie for company's dessert...I had a WW dessert.

Well all....I am fixin' to go on my walk. Hmmm...it's hot outside!

Mom2Gaby
06-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Bep *sigh* you sound so normal. You are one of those people......lol
I took the 1x1 out because I didn't want to annoy you (can't imagine that:comp: ) but since you laughed I put it back in along with one of those wasp :df:.
Your husband sounds so sweet!!:o

Cristi R!!!!! Enuf of the torture please get in here and say hello, We missssssssssss you. :hug: :lucky: <---- come on Cristi....he is yours if you come and post :o .....jk. You are missed though!

60 minutes til I go get the Gabster!!:D

bep
06-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Whew! It was hot out there! I got in my 3.9 mile walk, but no jogging. I didn't have time to change before my walk so I was out in jeans and a button-up shirt (both of which I haven't been able wear in years by the way!)...the jeans & heat made me not feel like jogging. That is fine though...I did a fast walk. By the way...I just can't seem to get myself up to a 4mph walking speed. I did 3.9 miles in 1hr & 3 minutes...I just can't seem to chop off a couple minutes to make it 4mph. I guess my legs are too stubby to move that fast. :lol:

Something funny happend a short bit ago also. I had just finished my walk when I noticed a wasp nest on the underside of our mailbox. So I went inside and got rid of the Mp3 player and got the wasp spray. Since I didn't have the music going I could hear what was going on around me. Well...there were these 2 young boys (probably no more than 11 yrs old) riding their bikes by me. One was obviously the 'knowledgible' one of the neighborhood because he was explaining to the other boy the 'goings on' of the neighborhood. They were riding past me and I hear the boy saying, "...and there is the lady that is always out running..." :lol: :lol: :lol: I got a serious chuckle about that! I only actually jogged one time I was out there. I suddenly feel even more "watched" than I did before. :p Talk about feeling a teensy might conspicuous. :p At least he didn't say, "...and there is the fat lady that is always out trying to walk..." :lol: Anyway...I thought it was funny that this little kid noticed that I was always out there hoofin' it!

Well...time for a nice little shower (seems like I take 5 of those in a day these days) and then we are going to watch Pink Panther. Watching a movie sounds like the perfect end to this day.

Have a great night everyone!!!

chickiemama67
06-16-2006, 10:27 PM
howdy yall,
what a fun filled day for me today.......got to do the meetings with my reg mgr and my asst mgrs today, got it over though. then we moved shoes all day. i have been so hungry today, must be ovulating or something.....i eat then 30 minutes later my tummy was growling again!! drove me nuts all day, ragweed must be high right now, ive had a daggum headache most of the day, finally took some sinus medicine to knock it out. the meetings with my asst's went well. the older one thinks we are trying to get rid of him, (which kind of we are but i would never tell him that lol) so we had to make sure he knew that wasnt true, we just think another store might be better for him since we have a faster pace to maintain, and he really would do better at a store with lower shelving since he cant get on a ladder because of hip replacements. thats the short of it.....blah blah.
i havent worked out in 3 days!!! but ive been moving alot of shoes around so i guess that would be considered exercise. i just need to get some cardio in tomorrow and get back on track. well girlies i feel like susan talking to myself because i know everybody is off the computer for the night so im going to get in the bed myself. have to be back at work at 7 am .....ugh!! but i get to leave at 3!!!
hugs,
shawna

Michelle
06-17-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi Girlies -- Well I got my recent pic for my avatar, but I'm still trying to get used to it! My DD and DH said I look much younger and they love it. I had an inch taken off the length, but I want to grow the length back out now. Hope all of you are having a good evening.:grouphug:

jules1216
06-17-2006, 07:57 AM
SuzyQ--DD & DS are coming over on Father's Day. Not sure if DS's girlfriend will be by since she will be going to her Dad's and her mom wants her to go see her evil step-father who is mean to her.

Bep--another NSV for you by getting into those jeans and shirt--I have a pair of jeans I can get back on but I can't button them yet :( -- it keeps getting closer though...The walking speed will come. Where I used to live there was a really flat road and I figured out 1 mile was a certain mailbox--then that 2 mile got too easy so at the people's house where the mailbox was I could get on the C&O canal trail which just happenned to have one of the mile markers at the end of the path from their house.

Shawna-you are one busy gal!!!

Michelle ma belle--you do look younger, the cut is so cute, I really like it!! Hope you had a good dinner with your family.

Hi to everyone!! I may be able to be back later today!!

Michelle
06-17-2006, 10:19 AM
JULES... Thank you! You are such a sweetheart!!! I still don't know if I really like this picture or not, but I may have to put a different one up when I take a better one. Last night when my DD took this, I was so tired and was just feeling blah!;) :hug:

bep
06-17-2006, 11:37 AM
I think I got too much sleep last night :o . DH got up with the kiddos this morning and turned off the baby moniters so I could sleep and I never even heard him do it. :o That was sweet of him. Unfortunately, I feel like I ended up getting too much sleep. :p That's almost as bad as not getting enough. I typically get 6 - 7 hrs a night and do fine with that. I am on my 2nd cup of coffee and starting to get motivated. I have some outdoor work to do today so I need to get rollin'! I was so sore when I woke up...I think because I was laying there so long that rigamortis had started to set in. :joker:

MICHELLE I like your new 'do' too! I agree...it makes you look younger.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!!!:dancer:

Michelle
06-17-2006, 11:58 AM
BEP -- Thanks for the compliment on my pic! Anything to make me look younger right now is a good thing!:lol: You're doing so good and that was so sweet what your DH had said about you!;)

Mom2Gaby
06-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Good Morning on Saturday!!!

Ditto Michelle!! You look younger!! Not that you look old before :D Tell hubby he needs to take you out on the town now! You look great!!

Bep - you don't look heavy......:hug: the best I could ever walk was 3 miles in 48 minutes. That was kind of run/walk too.

Hi Shawna!! You are our working girl!!! I think moving all day counts :)

Hi Jules......have fun with the family. I am trying to get my girls ready to go. Only Gaby wants to go in the pool.....the other girls have to bring a friend *sigh*....I just need some coffee!!

Trying to wake up. Got home at 9 last night......and into bed at midnight.

Hi to all our MIA's!!!! We miss you :(

chat later this evening!

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Hi Chickies!

My name is Sassy and I'm new -- to this thread but Cristina invited me here. ;) So I figured I'd pop in and say Howdy!

I hope you all are having a Great Weekend and Hope your enjoying your Father's Day tomorrow with your favorite fathers' in your life! :)

jules1216
06-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi Sassy!! Hopefully Crisitina will be popping in soon too!!

Bep--I agree with the getting too much sleep thing--I feel bad either way--it's like the two times a year the clocks are turned--either gaining or losing the hour--it takes me a week to get back to normal. It was seet for your DH to let you sleep though.

Michelle ma belle--I think the pic looks fine but we will watch for any new ones you may post!! I hate having my picture taken--always have....

SuzyQ--teenagers always have to take along the friend...you still have Gaby!!! Hope you had fun at the pool!!

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Howdy Jules! Long time no see! lol. ;)

jules1216
06-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Sassy--Howdy right back at ya!!

Michelle
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM
:welcome3: to the group SHEL -- Everyone here is lots of fun, but watch out, because they like to get a little crazy sometimes LOL!:lol: :eek: :joker: :sp: :yes: :yikes: :lol3:

Michelle
06-17-2006, 10:19 PM
JULES -- I also really hate my picture taken, but ever since we got this new digital, my DD is constantly taking and snapping pictures everywhere!:nono: :fr: :sp: :yikes: I wish I knew how to post a new picture of my DD in my post, because she is so pretty and I just wanted to show a more recent one of her. Tomorrow my older DD and her husband are coming over for dinner, so I want to get a few pictures with them in them also.:hug:

SUSAN -- Come home!! WHERE ARE YOU??? Hope you're having a fun day at the pool with your daughters and their 'friends'!:dizzy: :hug:

Sassy_Chick
06-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey Michelle!

Hey I like :crazy:! It makes the world a lot more fun! :joker:

bep
06-17-2006, 11:44 PM
Howdy everyone! Time to check in! What a busy day!!! I got a lot done!

SASSY Welcome to our crazy little thread!!! :welcome2: A word to the wise...watch out for Susan (Mom2Gaby)...she's quite a pill! ;) :s: :lol:
I...on the other hand, am always perfectly sweet. :angel:

Hello to everyone else!!! I worked in my garden for about 4 1/2 hrs today! Ouch! I am sunburned. I was wearing a spaghetti strap tank top and wowzerz...that probably wasn't the smartest thing to wear! :p I also have a small burned strip on my lower back where there was a gap between my pants and my shirt. :p

Hmmmmm... :chin: I can't think of anything else that is just sooooo exciting that it will knock your socks off. Oh yeah...I baked some yummy banana bread (with chocolate chips in it) and some coffee cake for something tomorrow. Now isn't that just some seriously exciting news? :D

I didn't do my regular walking because I was spending all that time tonight in the garden.

Hmmm....boy...I sound really boring today. I better get off my :soap: and let you all give all the interesting details of your day. :D

Mom2Gaby
06-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Welcome Sassy/Shel ( which name do we go by?? I hate being confused:dizzy: ) I love your avatar!! Very pretty.

Cristi did say she wouldn't mind letting you know she will be back on Monday (THANK YOU LORD!!!:D ) and to thank all you ladies that sent her IM's.

Now back to regular programing........:dizzy: :carrot:

Hi Michelle - so happy you miss me .

Bep.....4 1/2 hours in the garden? That is so neat (see I am sweet) you must look awesome with a tan (still sweet).ummm, ok whatEVER......lol :hug: ......

Hi Jules!! Where is our Shawna??? and Kathy?? We miss you guys!!

It was a nice family gathering today. My baby sister is leaving tomorrow for college. I cried.....I am going to miss her. My older brother is going to go down to Eugene and help them move in...I thought that was sweet. The teenage cousins got along and 4 year old nephew had a broken leg. My mom and former step mom were there.....they got in a nasty fight who dad loved more and started throwing veggies :carrot: at each other....a carrot got caught in my step moms nose and we had to rush her to the doctor.......lol jk.....could have happened though.

Took the kids up to the grave site and the marker was there now, it looked nice. Gaby wanted to leave her pink ballon for grandpa so we wrapped it around the water container.
What was nice though is some worker tucked my fathers picture under the marker so it wouldn't blow away. That was so sweet, I had taped it to the temp marker.

K- I better get Gaby to bed. Welcome again Shel/ Sassy!!!

Sassy_Chick
06-18-2006, 02:03 AM
Hi Ladies and :thanks: for the welcomes! :D

I think i'm going to fit right in with you all. :crazy: lol.

bep - ouchie on the sunburn, be careful with that. :) and mmmmmm banana bread and coffee cake :chef:
Susan - you can call me whatever you like, just not late to dinner. :eating2: :lol3: Thanks its the Smokey Mts. where me and hub honeymooned and go on vacation and visit his family a lot. ;) that was nice of the worker to do that.

jules1216
06-18-2006, 08:08 AM
Sassy--we do get a little crazy but that's what makes this thread fun. We can also be caring to one another.

Bep--you have more willpower than me--I'd be eating way to much of those sweets you bake!! Sorry about the sunburn!! The one thing I miss about the tanning beds are no tan lines!!

SuzyQ--I could see my stepmother trying to pick a fight with my mom and throwing carrots at her but my mom is too straight-laced to respond to her. How was the pool?

Well, since I put off going to Walmart on Friday I still need a couple of things that didn't magically appear!

chickiemama67
06-18-2006, 10:26 AM
:wave: :wave:here i am susan :wave: :wave:
:welcome: sassy :welcome: nice to meet you, i live in knoxville tn close to the smoky mountains, tennessee is a beautiful state.
we had a pretty busy day yesterday, i went in to work at 7 am to move some more shoes, a never ending job i do. then we went to the tennessee smokies baseball game up in the area sassy is talking about. we didnt get home until late and then eden and kayla made it back from their 10 day adventure so we had to hear all about that and look at their pictures. so by the time all that was over i was ready for bed.
im working today and then when i get home im going to start packing up my stuff in our room to move next week. we are moving in to my sister in laws house, they moved to north carolina and are having a hard time getting their house rented, we need a bigger house since we have the foster son here so its a good opportunity. i just hate moving!!! :mad: but we can get rid of a bunch of stuff that we dont use thats been laying around in boxes for the past 18 years.....:rofl:
well i need to get ready for work, i will check back in later.
hugs,
shawna

luckycharm
06-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Happy Sunday to everyone.

What a week it has been here, and not even a phone call from my favorite Sister Susan to make sure I was getting through it ok. (Susan I am so sorry for wearing your favorite black tank top and getting white on the underarms but I really didn't think you would mind.) :rofl: I only stretched it a little bit so that now you have to give it to me. :lol: That was so sweet of Gaby to leave her balloon with Grandpa. I will have to send her another one.

Bep I love your picture. Your husband sounds like he should give a course on "How to be a Wonderful Husband" . It sure helps making healthy choices and exercising easier. MMMmmm banana bread. Can you send some this way please. And if your sunburn is still paining you, put 3 or 4 tea bags in the bath water, and then you just steep in it for a little while, and it amazingly takes away most of the pain.

I'll be right back the battery is going to die on the computer

Michelle
06-18-2006, 12:43 PM
BEP -- I hope your sunburn in feeling much better this morning!:devil: I've had several of those in my life, and they can me very painful and miserable!:hug:

JULES -- I LOVE going to Walmart, it's one of my favorite stores! Hope it's not too crowded for you today and you get everything you're needing!:hug:

KATHY -- Hope your week will slow down some this next week for you! I've never heard of a battery going dead in a computer...what kind do you have?:?:

HELLO to everyone else and hope you all have a wonderful day! My older daughter and her husband are coming over later and I'm cooking a big dinner for Fathers Day.:o ;)

Mom2Gaby
06-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Happy Fathers day to all our wonderful husbands who support us like Beps husband does. If he doesn't support you maybe you can sign him up for the "How to treat your sweetie like the Queen she is- Class 101"
My ex never did during my weight loss, so really you are so blessed Bep, he sounds great!!!

Kathy - You can have my favorite black tank top!! Mom bought me another one and I borrowed some of your high heels. Though with my extra wide size 9 1/2 I kind of stretched them out.....oops. I missed you!! :)

Jules - I didn't make the pool. Some of the kids did , just busy with chatting and Gaby had fun at the playground.

Shel - The smokey mts are beautiful!! I am in Oregon, with 3 daughters. I won't call you late for dinner!!! lol

Michelle - wow, you already have a married daughter! You are just a baby!! Enjoy the day with the family!!

Shawna - You always have to work on the weekend?? I hate moving too but with the added room I am sure it will be great in the end!! HUGS

I have been up to the cemetery this morning. I took sunflowers and blue/pink ballons for all the children he has had. 4 pink and 2 blue. I am going to meet my sisters and go back up this afternoon.

I better go. Hope you all have a wonderful day!! hugs to Cristi!!

Michelle
06-18-2006, 03:46 PM
SUSAN -- You are such a WONDERFUL CARING Mom and Daughter!:chockiss: :yes: :love: You are always trying so hard to do the right things for your girls, and I hope they really appreciate you!:hug: Yes, my DD got married two months before she turned 18, and they got married on her DH's 18th birthday. We have gone through some VERY tough times, but she has really come to appreciate us now and things are SO much better now. I still don't always approve of some things that happen, but now I have learned to turn away and not acknowledge them, and it makes it a little easier on me now. We actually have such a better relationship now than we have in a few years.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
06-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Michelle - I am sorry you had tough times in the past but it is encouraging to hear things do get better.
My daughters are soooooo exhuasting - all 3 of them together is really exhausting.....:?: like right now as I write this...argh....calgon day!!

Gaby and I were up until 1 am. She had slept after the picnic so she was wide awake. Course the bowl of M&M by her pillow didn't help. I could hear her chomping away,....just too tired to care,,,lol

We were up at 7:30 and I tried to get to my sisters before they left down to Eugene. They must have left early...I got there at 8:30 and they were gone:( I had the death certificate and my brother needs it. Missed him though! Maybe I will drive over to his house this evening and drop it off.....after I go meet my sisters and go back up to the grave site....lol.....and I will be rested for tomorrow.....NOT! Another long day of appts....waaaa, waaaa

Weigh In Day In The Morning!!!! yay......:carrot: I need to go be a muther.....(oh, Lord....must I??? :hug: ).......just one day at a time!!

luckycharm
06-18-2006, 08:17 PM
O.K I made it back

Michelle, I absolutely love your picture. I am glad that your family will be together for dinner tonight. I am using my hubbys laptop. I didn't have it plugged in, and it was just running on the battery. It must need a new one, because it use to go alot longer than it does now. Is your youngest daughter studying hard for finals? Cody is. And great news, Kristi enrolled herself back in school, she decided that trying to home school on her own is just not the way to go.

Susan, Oh you found your present. Sorry if the shoes were a little narrow for you, but I was at a buy one get one 1/2 price, so I picked that pair up for you. Dad says that they look good on you and that he will have to be ready to send the line of boys following you home on their way. :D

Shawna I sure hope that your move goes smoothly and quickly. Do you get a few days off work to move? You must be getting ready for an end of season clearance at work and will start to get the fall shoes in soon.

Jules did you make it to Walmart? Do you have one of the super centres where you can get all your groceries to? Hope it wasn't to busy. We don't have enough workers for ours so the line ups are always so long.

Hi Shel welcome.

Hi Cristi, did you spoil the DH today? Hope that you had a good day.

Hi to Katy? Did the kids make some cute presents in school for Dad? Hope you are having a good weekend.

Ok I must go make some supper. Mark's brother is coming for supper. He is bringing the DS home, as Cody went up there for the weekend. Mark's brother is so good with our kids.

Chat later.
Go OILERS Go.

Kathy

Sassy_Chick
06-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Hey Ladies! :wave:

Jules - yeah it looks like you all are very caring, kind and FUN people! ;)

Shawna - :thanks: for the welcome! :) Yes Tennessee is a very beautiful state indeed. We love it there and hope to one day move there. ;) Hope your move goes smoothly! I hate moving too! The only good part of a move to me is getting rid of stuff! lol.

Kathy - thanks for the welcome! :)

I hope everybody else is doing well!

chickiemama67
06-18-2006, 10:36 PM
susan, yes i have to work every weekend, we get one weekend off a month if authorized. the managers rotate sundays but this sunday was different because i had alot of people request it off for fathers day, so if theres nobody else to work then i have too....oh well. thats what i get paid the big bux for is what im told:rofl:
kathy, we are in clearance mode......and we are starting to get loaded with athletics for back to school, they just got out and were stocking up already.....my dh will be doing most of the moving, he is out for the summer since hes a teacher.
hi jules, cristina, michelle, katy, bep, sassy, hope i didnt miss anybody but i probably did.
night yall
shawna

Michelle
06-18-2006, 11:19 PM
SUSAN -- I hope the rest of your day went good! I personally don't see how you do it alone with three girls!:hug:

KATHY -- Thank you for the compliment! I've changed my pic many times now, because I always find something wrong with it, because I HATE my picture taken and my daughter keeps snapping pics with our new digital.:hug:

SHAWNA -- Sorry you have to work almost every weekend! That really would wear on a person. I also hate moving, but it's so nice when you're all done and in a new place!:hug:

CHRISTI -- I miss you and hope to see you back SOON!:( :hug:

HELLO to everyone else and hope all of you had a wonderful day!!!

chickiemama67
06-18-2006, 11:27 PM
thats retail for ya, oh well
well im off work tomorrow so i get to sleep in a little i hope.............
night night
shawna

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 12:31 AM
G'Night John Boy!

btw - who would name their child John Boy? Besides the Waltons?? No one else in that family had a weird name. ....John Boy, Jason...Mary Ellen, ugh....what was that one kids name?? I keep thinking Eric, must have been his name in real life.....Elizabeth and Jim Bob.....dang, I am missing a boy and a girl. Unless that was their name?? Boy Girl, and Girl Boy...hehe

Shel - look forward to getting to know you!! I hope you enjoy it on this thread.:o

Michelle - Thanks!! My day was ok.....tiring some . They put the sod down after I left this morning - it will be nice to have grass around the grave site.....lol.....who else talks about grave sites??:?: I will try and contain myself....I guess I just want his place there to look visited and that he was loved. I guess.....how was the dinner??

Kathy - thanks for thinking of me while shopping. I feel like a step sister with big fat feet though.....you think I was adopted?? We don't look anything a like......course I don't know what you look like......we lived in those plastic bubbles and only got to come out at dark time.....think that is why we have weight issues??? Only thing open was 7-11 and ........omg!! slurpees!! Is that why I love slurpees so much?? Maybe I am trying to get back in moms womb?? lol.........ugh.....where does this CRAP come from?? lol

Shawna - Go Retail!! lol.....you work tooooo hard! :hug:

We miss you Bep!! Hope you had a safe trip Katy!! and hugs to our Miss Cristi!!

Sassy_Chick
06-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Susan - lol. Waltons there was John Boy, Mary Ellen, Jason, Erin, Jim Bob, Elizabeth, & Ben.

Dahlia
06-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Susan, I don't know what was said to you about your humor and your making jokes about everything, but it certainly does seem to bother you. You have written about it several times trying to validate yourself. It got me thinking. Why wasn't Ellen given a chance to defend herself? Everytime she tried she was reprimanded by Suzanne and kicked off and forbidden to post. Now you gals all know that Ellen didn't do or say half of the things she is being accused of because you gals (Susan and Jules and Christi) are the ones who said some of them things. But somehow it got all scrambled together and thrown on Ellen's plate and none of you took responsibility for your actions or words.. She was devastated how quickly you all stopped being her friends.

You are always patting yourselves on the back on how friendly, understanding and compassionate you all are. If that is the case, then why did you all throw Ellen to the wolves and ignore and reject her attempts to contact you and set this thing right?

I can no longer in good conscience post on this forum. I have seen how insincere and insensitive all of you can be, and that is not my definition of friendship

. The truth has not been told here and to see Ellen continually slammed and blamed for things that some of you know you were also responsible for isn't something I can condone .

This is how I see what happened.
Susan was joking about drooling over a snickers and Jules made a comment back, then Jane jumped in with her overreacting bit to help save <--edited--> from going off the edge in a feeding frenzy because someone mentioned drooling over a candy bar,then more comments were made concerning the ruling, somewhere Ellen's clipart came into it.( a picture of a cookie jar yet). never could figure that part out, it had already been deleted by the time I came on line.... boy to put it down again really shows how silly and ridiculous this whole matter is.. Jane is the one who started it all and she handled the whole thing badly from start to finish, yet Ellen is banished and forgotten in order to put an end to it... wow, where is the sense or fairness in that.. ? And you all just sat back and let this happen to your friend while you go on your merry way and start anew. Well, newbies, sorry about this, but if you can read this then you will see just how good a friends you are making here.

RosieKate
06-19-2006, 09:52 AM
Good morning!

I'm back, safe and sound and with a few lbs to show for it! What the heck - I had a great time!

I have to get all ready for VBS this morning, but will be back late to chat some more, do my (gulp) tracker, etc.

Ginny - I really hope you don't leave - I really like reading about your life and I like your sense of humor. I think you have a good sense of what went on online, because I was online at the time and you summed it up pretty good, except for the part about everybody abandoning Ellen. Alot went on behind the scenes, via PM, that has resulted in some of the actions you are bothered by. I am here at BIK because I wanted a fresh start, in a welcoming place - I like to think I found that here.. I hope you have a great day and reconsider.

ETA - I reread this and it sounds so "official" yuck - don't mean it that way..Ginny I just think we all want a fresh start - Please don't leave until you talk with more of the involved parties to get a more complete picture.

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Good Morning!

Ginny, we have exhausted the subject. I know about Ellen and like it has been mentioned there has been a lot that has gone behind the scenes that you might not know about.
I have been through a lot these last few weeks with my father. I have seen friendships end from JL's. None of it has been easy on me. I have been attacked and hurt just as much anyone else. I continue to rise above it each and every day because the friendships that remain do mean something to me.

I am just sorry we have to do this on the forum. You are always welcome to IM me. I also invite Suzanne to respond because some of this is her responsibilty and well as Jane's. Maybe you can go address this there too??

I will say though that the friendship didn't end as quickly as you might think. It was after Ellen's attempt to continue to come on this board under another ID (4 times)without us knowing it.She was banned after being warned by Suzanne to let it go. When do you start new?? You can't keep dragging the muck behind you.

We heard Ellen ,Ginny.......she wasn't hearing us. We all have difficult times, yet we are still here.We are trying to move on......trying at least. I didn't have anything to invest with Ellen. I have been mentally exhausted and am trying to hold on to my job and keep my children on an even course.

I continue to come here though and talk through my issues with weight. I am sincere and no one dare say I am not!! lol.....

Welcome Newbies!! the world turns baby!! Gotta love this thread....at least we are real!! :)

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 11:09 AM
:goodscale Weigh In Day!!! I am up 2 pounds!! yay.....congrats , huh?? lol

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 11:28 AM
omg- I forgot about VBS Katy!!! Gaby went to the sitter this morning. ugh....

I am glad you arrived back from Ashland safely :)

Shel - thanks for the Walton run down! I loved that show....better get my first appt is here!

Shawna!! eek!! lol....thanks!! :)

aphil
06-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Ginny, we have exhausted the subject. I know about Ellen and like it has been mentioned there has been a lot that has gone behind the scenes that you might not know about....

I will say though that the friendship didn't end as quickly as you might think. It was after Ellen's attempt to continue to come on this board under another ID (4 times)without us knowing it.She was banned after being warned by Suzanne to let it go. When do you start new?? You can't keep dragging the muck behind you.

Ellen attacked others.

I believe that Mom2Gaby has made some very valid points here. There have been a lot of things said and done behind the scenes that not all of the regular members are aware of, nor should they be. There are certain things that stay at the level of the moderators and administrators, and are not displayed out there for everyone to see.

It is very easy to think that someone was reprimanded or banned because of a small comment or confrontation, when in actuality, there may have been a lot more to it than that-but it the moderators and administrators involved are not required to air that in public and explain the entirety of the situation to everyone else-and they avoid doing so-which I believe shows extreme professionalism.

I think that it has been well past time for the conversations about these past events to be let go. There is no need to keep on dragging it out, and keep bringing it up again and again, in different places all over the forum. People have been hurt, and bringing it up over and over just continues to hurt others. I think it is well past time for it all to stop.

I fully stand behind Suzanne and Jane in this situation 100%, and think that they acted appropriately considering all of the facts of the situation-and I believe that the situation should be dropped. The JL's and the Kindergarten threads should continue and simply, move on.

Suzanne 3FC
06-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Susan, I don't know what was said to you about your humor and your making jokes about everything, but it certainly does seem to bother you. You have written about it several times trying to validate yourself. It got me thinking. Why wasn't Ellen given a chance to defend herself? Everytime she tried she was reprimanded by Suzanne and kicked off and forbidden to post. Now you gals all know that Ellen didn't do or say half of the things she is being accused of because you gals (Susan and Jules and Christi) are the ones who said some of them things. But somehow it got all scrambled together and thrown on Ellen's plate and none of you took responsibility for your actions or words.. She was devastated how quickly you all stopped being her friends.

You are always patting yourselves on the back on how friendly, understanding and compassionate you all are. If that is the case, then why did you all throw Ellen to the wolves and ignore and reject her attempts to contact you and set this thing right?

I can no longer in good conscience post on this forum. I have seen how insincere and insensitive all of you can be, and that is not my definition of friendship

. The truth has not been told here and to see Ellen continually slammed and blamed for things that some of you know you were also responsible for isn't something I can condone .

This is how I see what happened.
Susan was joking about drooling over a snickers and Jules made a comment back, then Jane jumped in with her overreacting bit to help save <--edited--> from going off the edge in a feeding frenzy because someone mentioned drooling over a candy bar,then more comments were made concerning the ruling, somewhere Ellen's clipart came into it.( a picture of a cookie jar yet). never could figure that part out, it had already been deleted by the time I came on line.... boy to put it down again really shows how silly and ridiculous this whole matter is.. Jane is the one who started it all and she handled the whole thing badly from start to finish, yet Ellen is banished and forgotten in order to put an end to it... wow, where is the sense or fairness in that.. ? And you all just sat back and let this happen to your friend while you go on your merry way and start anew. Well, newbies, sorry about this, but if you can read this then you will see just how good a friends you are making here.

Hi Ginny,

I'm sorry to butt in here, but I feel like I need to respond to your comments, and I think you've been misinformed. What you are describing isn't anything at all like what happened. Ellen created quite a ruckus and it had nothing to do with clipart. She was asked repeatedly to behave herself or she would be asked to leave, and she refused. However, Ellen quit the forum on her own accord. She made a post on May 3 saying she was quitting the forum and never returning. She quit. She did decide to come back a few times under new accounts, making up brand new personalities (locations, families, etc) and basically making fun of the situation and/or harass other members, and those accounts were closed because we don't like dishonesty around here. In most cases, it was other forum members that alerted us that she was back under new accounts and they didn't want her here. Members that witnessed what she did have expressed that they do not want her back. Ellen put herself into a position where she was no longer welcome here and she is now considered banned. I don't know why she felt she had to do the things that she did, but they were inappropriate and a violation of our forum rules. She was given a chance to stay and she declined because she could not control her behavior. THAT is what happened.

Ginny, I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, but I honestly believe it is because you did not witness what happened. Even your account of Jane's participation and how it started is completely off base and I wonder where you got your information. We quickly removed her offensive posts from view because they were so disruptive, but we do retain copies of deleted posts on the server and we have the full copies of the posts Ellen made as well as the ones the moderators made which prove that Ellen was the one creating the problem. She WAS given the chance to put it behind her and remain a member on several occasions but she refused. If you are interested in discussing this further, please PM or email me and I'll be happy to help if I can. But please consider that the problem isn't what you described, and I wonder if Ellen is the one that gave you that misinformation because she had tried to turn the situation around on the forum to make herself look like the victim, when the truth was quite the opposite.

If you decide to leave our forum, then that is your choice, of course, and a lot of people will miss you. But I felt that I needed to speak up to let you know that your information is very wrong, so if this is why you are leaving, then you deserved to know the truth.

I also think that it's important that Ellen's "problem" should not be discussed publicly on our forum again because that rewards her with the attention she was seeking so vehemently over the two days of her antics on the forum which led to her departure. This goes against our "Fresh Start" policy. It's over.

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Congrats on your baby Aphil :preg:

I am going to buy me a water bottle. I have back to back interviews all day long - until 7 pm. Tomorrow though I go back to normal....is that is possible! lol
I also have 40 files to write notes in and get the heck out of my office!! I am so tired of looking at them.
I had a 8 grain roll this morning from Starbucks and a mcmuffin from McDonalds.....I will just have a salad for lunch...

where are you Cristi?? We miss you!:D

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 01:25 PM
:drill: :coach: Wake Up Kindergarteners!! It is weigh in day!! Put your play doh down and report!! ,,,,,naw,,,,,,think it is a full moon?? 2 residents alone this AM have come unglued - yelling and screaming :tantrum:
<roll eyes> get a grip!! Can't you see I am fragil!! lol :dance:
Hope you are feeling better Jules and Shawna come out, come out where ever you are!!:dancer: :doh: ...think he is cute?? what a nerd.......I might date him though if he asked. :D

k- bored!!! Think I am going to wander around and see what kind of trouble I can get into.....:devil:

aphil
06-19-2006, 01:43 PM
Thank you Mom2Gaby-

He will be here before we know it!!! I will be 30 weeks (out of 40) this coming Saturday, and we will most likely have the baby somewhere between the 35-40 week mark, going by the situations with my prior pregnancies. :D

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
You are welcome Aphil :cheer: I love babies:bb: . I held my 11 month old nephew at a picnic and he smelled so good. You are soooooo blessed!! Pamper yourself and catch up on your rest these next few weeks!!:hug:
Thanks so much :D

RosieKate
06-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey I'm back....haven't been scared off yet, lol! Ok - that's my sarcastic sense of humor talking, but really I am glad to be here......even on a WI day!

VBS was fun, but I'm wiped. I have a house to put in order and bills to pay, ugh, and my DD is being very cranky. Hard to leave for a weekend; things just seems to pile up. My WI is, well, the worst! I have TOM, and my new scale weighs heavier than the last one -I am very depressed about it, but I am changing the tracker nonetheless. I keep telling myself, its just a number, it's just a number...and I need a point of reference for losing, so I am going with 190 and just work on this ten pounds at a time....

Susan - Hope Gaby comes tomorrow...I didn't think I saw her, but then I am working in a different area than the preschool. Sorry about the phone...this garnishment is awful, do you think there's anyway the phone company will work with you on it? I'm glad you keep coming here day after day...

Sassy - welcome! Better watch out- knowing all the Walton names gives us a pretty good idea of how OLD you are, lol! or how young we are? maybe? JK - I am right in that Walton's generation as you can tell by my user name...

Cristina - thanks for the PM :) Hoep to see you here today sometime!

Michelle - I love your new picture - your new hairstyle is very flattering

Shawna - hope you got to sleep in a little...sounds like work is very busy right now.

Hi Kathy!

FrouFrou
06-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Okay, before I catch up with all the posts just want to say to GINNY...Ellen was not forgotten and don't drag me into it because I had nothing to do with it.I tried to calm everyone down and make them take a step back and think about things, especially Ellen and got caught in the middle. She just refused to listen to anyone because she demanded to be heard. Anyway, basically ditto what everyone else said. I am so tired of this mess I don't even want to say anymore about it except that what I said about Ellen turning on me for no reason is the truth! I can't believe that what? two months have passed and this is still an issue with her, or anyone.

I hope Ginny that you don't leave because I do care about you. I am sorry that Ellen has got to you and you can't see passed that. There is/was more going on behind the scenes but I am sure you've heard Ellen's side of it.

Moving on...

FrouFrou
06-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Hello Ladies...

Susan, I am here! Just need to go back and catch up on all the posts I've missed and take a potty break.

Be back in a few minutes!

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
:wave: :soap: Commercial Time......

psssst , let me know when you are done in the loo Cristi!! I will return to regular programing!! :soap: :soap: You all wanna be Young & Restless today??? I think we were As Your World Turns last week,,,,,,don't wanna copy ourselves.....:twirly: :encore:

Let me know if you wanna hear any more grave site stories of restraining order tales!! :lucky: :yikes:

Hello Katy!!! Gaby will be there tomorrow. I just forgot and it is a long day at the office - don't really trust her in the care of the older girls for too long. lol

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
:blah: Speaking of being scared off Katy. I invite the Newbies down to join us and no one ever does. Think we scare em :tired: :yes:
I mean,,,,,Shawna and Bep jumped at the chance to join us....just boggles my mind people don't happen by and say "::censored: I wanna belong to a group that knows the Waltons by name!! I bet they lose weight real fast!!:newyear: lol

going to the vending machine!! Getting me some peanuts or something...... :thanks2:

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
:wave: helloooooooooooooooooooooo im here:wave:
we had a meeting with foster sons mother, attorney, dcs case worker to go over what mom has and mostly hasnt done. ya know you have to sit there and listen to her whine and complain about things why she cant do this or that .....and you really want to go off on her but ya have to sit there and be a good little girl.........i guess this is why my dad taught me when is a good time to keep your mouth shut lesson lol!!
anyway, weigh in day, i am down 4 more lbs....woohoo broke the 250 mark.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
hi cristina hi susan and anybody else out there right now

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 04:24 PM
eek, I thought you were talking about me for a minute Shawna:D Sounds like a busy morning for you!! I am glad you are checking in - any reports for the weigh in?? Dying to know.....I think we are all gaining..:encore: was the memo not clear enough?? It said "report losses on Monday"........opps , just checked,,,,it does say gains...my mistake!! lol:lucky: :yikes: :comp:

Did you ever get off the loo Cristi?? You shouldn't drink water before you post!! :drool:

anyway, my computer program is down,,,,,I can't work...I can post though!:carrot:

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 04:29 PM
well unless you are an alcoholic drug addict with no job no license no car no phone then no i wasnt talking about you lol

RosieKate
06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: WTG Shawna!

BTW - I like your new picture, too. You have such a pretty smile!

Hi Cristina - SO glad too see you back here :):hug:

Susan- Give me graveside restraining orders any way - woohoo - Does that mean we are restrained from putting Mike in a grave? JK (sorry - sick humor, I knew what you meant just couldn't resist) I think we should be Passions - that's one of the weirdest soaps around....

I got Leigh to take a nap - little Ms. Crankypants - ugh. Hopefully she will be much nicer to me when she wakes up. Both of my kids had a great time at their grandparent's while we were gone. That means not enough sleep and lots of treats. They have the BEST grandparents! Only today they are overtired and sugar-crashing. It was worth it :)

Ciao!

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 04:35 PM
let me think...no, no , sometimes I wish, yes, no...yes (though I am going to pay the bill!) whew,,,close call huh Shawna?? lol

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 04:39 PM
shank you shank you, i have chicken lips though so when im not smiling i look like im mad lol................oh well life goes on ya cant be perfect in every way so i guess my imperfection is my chicken lips........oh and my big butt and thighs and gray hair coming in at my baby hairs ......etc.....rofl i crack myself up sometimes.

bep
06-19-2006, 04:41 PM
.....(tiptoeing in...whispering...) is it safe in here? did the storm blow over yet?

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 04:45 PM
very close susan, rofl!!! but seriously, its been 6 months now and she just now got a job that shes only had for two weeks, hasnt done any of her drug or alcohol rehab stuff, or domestic violence classes, and then wants to know when her son is going to be able to come home......only sees him once every other week, and then blames it on because she doesnt have a phone and has to walk to the grocery store to make a phone call, knowing that she has to call by 4:30 pm on monday to see him on tuesday.......i mean weve been doing this for 6 months now its not hard to remember......whatever!!

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 04:47 PM
bep, the sirens have stopped so i think its over lol

FrouFrou
06-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Okay, yes Susan...I did get off the loo, lol! Busy trying to catch up with all the posts and pm's. yikes! And now...I don't have time to post. :( But I will be back at a little after 5 so try not to miss me too much!

HI to everyone else!

I'll be back!

bep
06-19-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks! I hate dodging flying cows and shrapnel in storms! :dizzy:

Well all...my weigh-in was a bummer. I didn't lose anything. :stress: I am bummed. Oh well...tis' a new week! Time to get this party started! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :woops: :bike2: :running: :ebike:

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
ya that doesnt sound like too much fun, although it might be a pretty good workout lol

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 05:11 PM
:bravo: :hat: :dance: :cheer: Shawna!! I am sorry...I didn' t notice you lost anything!! Bravo on the 4 pounds!! .:D

:moo: You calling us flying cows Bep??:boxing: You wanna fight?? huh?? lol....and I don't know what shank means Shawna but it sounds kind of nasty!:whoo:

That poor woman Shawna ,,,,she sounds like Mike.....kids?? what kids....support them?? what....I have cigarettes to buy!! :smoking:

Katy Leigh is so cute!! I was getting testy with Gaby yesterday because she was questioning me on all our driving around......with this "why, why, why" thing and I finally said......."becasue I say so" and she goes...."you get angry with me"......broke my heart...

:cb: :balloons: :cheer: :belly: :coach: :woo:
Lets all be losers next week!!!

so glad you are back Cristi!

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 05:14 PM
instead of saying thanks i said shanks lol its sounds funny when you say it ......sound it out susan .....shank you ....shank you very much.......kind of like elvis lol
thanks for the congrats i figured you would catch up eventually lol.....those darn flying cows got in your way im sure

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Passions?? I never watched that one Katy. What makes it weird??

Michelle How are you?? You have been quiet today. :hug: it is ok,, you can come chat now :D you are missed.

Shawna I get it now, shank!:dizzy:

Someone brought me a yummy sub and strawberry milk , I thought that was sweet..........yikes, better get!:carrot:

Michelle
06-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Well today started out to be a good day and then things turned for the worst! My sister called me a couple hours ago to inform me that my mom got into a huge fight with one of the workers at her assisted living home, left and went to the social security office, which is right up the road from her home, and she rode up there on her electric chair. The SS office called to say that she was out of control and pretty much was having a break down and wanted my sister's name taken off of everything there and that she was stealing her money. The SS office called back the home and talked to the director who in turn called my mom's doctor and he said to call 911 immediately and have her sent up here to the main hospital, to have all the levels in her system tested and all of her meds, and then he will have to start an evaluation on her to maybe have her sent to a mental institution. Well she left the office before 911 could get there and they found her down the road at Walgreens having chest pains and very worked up. My sister just called me to say that she's now at the hospital and they are running tests, but the most they can keep her is two days, so I don't know what's going to happen. I have helped to take care of my mom with her meds, appointments, and verbal and mental abuse for years, and I feel so bad, but I have had to back away about two weeks ago, because I was just about ready to lose it. I don't know how much a person is supposed to keep going through before things can just get better, but I ask that all of you say some prayers, please.:hug:

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Michelle You are a woman of strength. I am so sorry you are facing this with your mother. Many prayers for her, you and your whole family. :hug:

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything...
But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of her fear...A strong woman won't let anyone get the best of her...
But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone...A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future...
But a woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be God's blessings
and capitalizes on them...
A strong woman walks sure footedly...
But a woman of strength knows God will catch her when she falls...A strong woman wears the look of confidence on her face...
But a woman of strength wears grace..

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey...
But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey
that she will become strong... :df:

FrouFrou
06-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Okay, I am back and can post now, geez.

HELLO LADIES! :wave:

I am back with a vengeance, about losing weight that is. I am still stuck at 201, ugh! I will be working even harder than before to get those darn scales to budge. When I joined WW a few years ago I went through this...didn't think the scales were ever going to move and then finally a half pound. So I know eventually they will. Just last week wasn't such a great eating or exercising week. I did keep up with the water and vitamins though, guess that counts for something.Never though of myself as a stress eater before but I am learning new things every day about myself. For some reason I have that song I have a New Attitude by Patti LaBelle stuck in my head...and I feel like I DO have a new attitude! Feeling good today and nothing's gonna bring me down, oh no, I got to keep on movin'...lol! It's a new week and a new day for me and I must say I am feeling pretty darn good! So...

I did go to It Figures this morning and as always it felt good! Some days I really dread going, but once I get there I am fine. Came home and walked a mile on the treadmill. Decided I am going to add a mile to my It Figures days as well. the funny thing...I swear I felt fatter but I do notice a change in my body, specifically, my bottom half. My pants fit different and I did measure and the inches are slowly coming off. Thinking that's why I haven't gotten frustrated yet with not losing pounds. It WILL happen!

SHAWNA...WTG on your loss this week! WOOHOO!! :carrot: Happy moving to you too! Hope you have a smooth move and look at the bright side...you will have a bigger house!

BEP...you too are doing good. Good for you for maintaining. :carrot: And you are killing me with all the talk of brownies, coffee cake and my fav-banana bread! mmmmmm....And what a sweetheart of a hubby to let you sleep in on Saturday.

KATY...glad you and DH had a GREAT time on your weekend getaway! And that's all that matter's...you'll get the extra pounds off. I think sometimes it is okay to gain a little...let go and live a little and enjoy life. Glad the kids have GREAT grandparents and they too had a good time.

MICHELLE...where are ya missy? I'm here so you can come out and play now, lol. I am loving your new do and color! It does make you look younger! Wonder if it would help me? Naw...I really need to go get my hair done. I've noticed since this periomenopause crap...my hair is getting frizzy and even have some curls. What the heck is up with that? Really not liking it right now. Anyway, glad you and DD worked things out and her and her hubby came over for Father's Day. Hope you are having a good day!

KATHY...good to see you here. Okay, how old is Cody? I know you have three children but I was thinking Cody was the little one. I can't keep it straight sometimes. :dizzy: DH had to work on Father's Day, stinking job. That's okay though, I had a nice, simple dinner waiting with a marble cake for desert. Glad I didn't care for it.

SASSY/SHEL...glad to see you found us! And :welcome: the more the merrier!

JULES...howdy, howdy, howdy! Hope you aren't working too hard. Did you get caught up with the pile yet? How is DD doing?

SUSAN... I finally found my way out of the loo! It was like a maze though, let me tell ya. I hate drinking water. I might as well just sit on the toilet while I drink it because that's how fast it comes out. Probably to much info huh? Do you think his name on the show was really John Boy Walton? LOL Hopefully it was just a nn, but John Boy? I loved that show though, that one and Little House on the Prairie two of my favs. There's a phone commercial that they do the 'night John Boy...can't remember what phone co it is-been seeing it a lot though. CitiBank has some GREAT commercials, too funny. Anyway, how the heck do you find time to post in between all the work you do? Geez Gaby is a sweetie...cute that she gave her grandpa her balloon. Where is your baby sis going away to college? Will she be close enough that you can at least see her once or twice a month? And a food fight, eh? Sounds like fun! Picturing the carrot up the nose, lol! I think that would hurt though. Sorry you had a gain this week. :hug: :hug: Next week will be better, for all of us!

Anyway...want to go and look at the general thread before I have to go fix dinner. Have a good evening ladies! Chat with ya's later! :wave:

FrouFrou
06-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Aaaahhhh Michelle...I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Lots of hugs and prayers to you and your family. :hug: :hug: :grouphug: I will definitely keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Susan...thanks for sharing that...I think we ALL are strong women!

jules1216
06-19-2006, 07:31 PM
***I am sorry to all you newbies that have no idea what is going on with this situation but I feel that I need to say my piece and hopefully everyone can move on************************************************ *

Ginny--I am very sorry you feel the way you do. I hope that you don't leave us. You must have gotten in contact with Ellen and she told you her version. I actually feel sorry for Ellen and hope you can become a good friend to her, I just hope for your sake that you do not do anything to anger her because if you do you will feel the brunt of it like I and several others did. You know I was always taught that there are actually three sides to every story-the two sides involved with the truth lying somewhere in between.
Here is my version for all to see and hopefully this whole issue can be put to rest because it is still a very painful subject for all of us who were involved. Yes, there was an incident that escalated on another thread. Many postings were deleted so the full scope of things may never truly be known--there was also alot of pming back and forth that was never fully shown to all. It left some very hurt feelings and Ellen & Susan didn't feel they could post on the other thread, because of that hurt. I understand Cristana became involved somewhere along the way but it was after I had turned off my computer and didn't even want to come back and look. Susan and I had been pming through it all. I started this BTK thread because I wanted Susan and Ellen to have a welcoming place because I was especially concerned about Ellen. There were others from the first thread that joined this one. We were all posting on this thread but Ellen just wanted to talk about the incident and not move on. Another person from the other thread was also pming me. I decided that I wanted to post on both threads since there were people on that one who had been supportive of me and I didn't want to lose contact with them. I pm'd Susan before I did and although it hurt her a little at first, she was in no way mad at me for doing so. Ellen on the other hand verbally attacked me in a pm. I was at work and checked in and actually had to go to the bathroom because I started crying at my desk. Ellen let me know that I was not welcome to post on this BTK thread -- that I had to choose one or the other.
This is the first time I have included Ellen's name in a post so I have not ever slammed her. Ellen has not tried to contact me even though when the incident happenned I pm'd her with an email address she could use to reach me. (Susan and even Suzanne would vouch that I voiced many concerns for Ellen before she attacked me) Ellen didn't try to defend herself--she left her anger get the better of her and couldn't let it go. Apparently she was almost banned from posting on this site before due to another incident involving these very same anger issues. According to the mods she has also been coming back on using other names--I believe now, that she was the nasty poster that Katy responded with the word of the day.
Ellen was banned not because of the incident but because of her written verbal attacks on others and the fact that she would not move on. There are many threads where people disagree with each other and get heated but the difference is that those people move on and don't continue attacking.
I also want to defend Susan here. She was nothing but kind to Ellen and did her best to be her friend. Susan has always been there for me and shown nothing but compassion to me through this whole incident. For her to be portrayed otherwise is totally unfair and to make Ellen into a martyr over this situation and make everyone else out to be the worst of people is just not right.
This thread is for fresh starts and I hope this incident can be laid to rest.

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 07:35 PM
:hug: michelle, i hope everything works out with your mom. i have had some issues like this with my mom also and it can really stress you out. you dont know how youre suppose to feel when somebody is yelling at you about you dont what.
ty cristina , i about died when that scale dropped to the bottom on the 250 mark at the gym and i had to move the weight to 200 instead and start all over again at the end of the scale thingy. now i just have to knock that bar out to move down to the 150 mark and start at the end again.
dh is grilling out turkey burgers and corn on the cob for dinner, and we will have a salad with it.
well im off to eat, i will check back in a few.
hugs,
shawna

jules1216
06-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Katy--I am so glad you had a great weekend!! My son used to spend one weekend a month with my Mom (I moved in with DH when DS was 1 so it was a huge shock for him not to be around) and he spend one weekend a month at the home of his biological fathers parents (how such nice peole had such a no good son is beyond me) Anyways--getting him to bed on SUnday nights and then on Mondays back into the routine of our house was CRAZY!!! so I can relate to your dealing with your little sugar crashers!!

Shawna--I like your new pictures--the shank you very much gave me a visual of Elvis!!! Speaking of imperfections and flying cows--I have had heifer hips and thunder thighs since puberty!!! Luckily I also have bodacious tatas to counter balance a little...

Michelle ma belle-has your mom ever been tested for Dimensia (sp?) both my stepmother and aunt have it and it makes them really irrational sometimes--my stepmom suffers from manic-depression and has always had her ups and downs but my aunt was always the sweetest person--my uncle and her had the perfect marriage and were always so loving--for her to have an episode that leaves my uncle almost in tears is so hard to see because it is so unlike her. I'll be thinking of you!!

SuzyQ--that is such a beautiful poem!!

Cristina--actually I am home with killer cramps and other TOM issues too nasty to speak of!! I dread going to work tomorrow I went in on Friday and will be back this Friday. Here's hoping you are in oneunderland next Monday!!! (or sooner!!)

Bep--I am sorry you have to put up with the rehashing of the incident that happenned before your time--we truly aren't bad people!!! We just all have our issues which the posters on this thread seem use humor to deal with. How's the walking going--any jogging??

Hi to anyone else!! I promise we really don't bite!!

RosieKate
06-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Shawna - You have one of those doctor's scales...those are so cool when you reach a milestone. Your dinner sounds yummy....

Jules - thanks for chiming in...I appreciate your starting this thread - yeah that was her the other day....

Michelle - you are in my prayers....I hope your mom can get settled in the next few days...so sorry she's having a hard time.

HI to everyone else!

RosieKate
06-19-2006, 08:01 PM
Jules - I use humor AND my killer vocabulary.....sorry - couldn't resist....

jules1216
06-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Jules - I use humor AND my killer vocabulary.....sorry - couldn't resist....

love that killer vocabulary!!!! My dictionary was getting dusty....

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Jules Is it Back to Kindergarten or Back In Kindergarten? lol thanks for the post, that was sweet of you.

Cristi My sister is going back down to U of O to finish her math classes with her boyfriend who is attending grad school in some sort of landscaping thing. She promised a once a month get together. It would be fun to go down there somethime! You are almost out of the 200's!!! YAY:carrot:

Kathy What are you doing?? Taking my shoes again?? hehe... hugs to you!

Katy I am glad Jules started the thread too. How was Ashland?? Did you say?? :dizzy:

Shawna Congrats on getting below that 50 marker!! :)

Bep Come back and chat!! :)

Ginny Hope you come back too!! :)

I am going home!! My computer is down for the software I need - boohoo.....I have windows Cristi :dizzy: I multi task and pretend I am busy when the person I am reviewing is searching for paperwork. lol :hug:

jules1216
06-19-2006, 08:36 PM
SuzyQ--It BIK not BTK--sorry had a moment!!

Well my DD will be 19 tomorrow and has a date Thursday night. She just met a guy that just got out of four years in the Navy. She said it's like they known each other forever and he is really nice. Doesn't drink or do drugs and has a good job working on computers. This is the most excited she has been since the ex left her and the divorce got finalized. I told her take it slow this time. She fell hard and fast with the ex and he broke her heart--bringing his live in girlfriend to the divorce hearing helped her get over him I think. I just want her to be happy.

chickiemama67
06-19-2006, 08:38 PM
burppppppppppppppppppp, ok i ate way too much for dinner........but it was all good stuff. maybe i shouldnt of had that second burger.....oh well, ill go work it off tomorrow. katy, i weigh at the gym that i work out at. i told dh that we need to get a scale so i can weigh naked lol.
jules, thanks for the compliment. my dh told me my face looks really skinny, i said ya i wish the rest of my body would catch up ............:rofl:

FrouFrou
06-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Hello ladies...I'mmmm baaaack...for just a few minutes I'm afraid though.

JULES...very well said. And yes, THANK YOU for starting this thread! :thanks: You and Susan and your eloquent posts...I get to typing and my fingers are going faster than my brain so what comes out is so different from the way I was thinking, lol. I always feel like I am putting my foot in my mouth. Anyway...I am so HAPPY for your daughter! I hope the date goes well and who knows, maybe this guy will be the one. I always liked Marines, especially in uniform. And a very HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY to her tomorrow! :woo: :hb: :gift:

KATY...you just keep those words coming...funny when I had MSN...I had the word of the day on the homepage. Always interesting learning new words and I am serious. I know, I'm weird, what can I say?!

SHAWNA...boy, I just missed all kinds of stuff today...sorry I forgot to mention your new avatar and photo-LOVE it! You know, I've been told I always look angry, especially when I am driving. Guess I just get a serious look on my face and people mistake it for me being mad. And I am jealous...all you ladies have skinny faces and me? I have this fat old round face, lol. Doesn't matter how much weight I lose.

MICHELLE...thinking of you :hug:

BEP...we can only hope things have quieted down...who knows though :dunno:

SUSAN...always save the best for last, well sometimes. That's good that your sis isn't too far away. At least she didn't go to the East coast to where you will hardly see her.

You know what's funny ladies...is everytime I see BIK I think of BTK...and that's funny that you typed that Jules. BTK is/was a killer here in Wichita, ick!

Anyway...guess I better get going. Have some clothes on the bed to get put up and then it's nighty night time. Going to try and get some reading done. I am almost finished with my book and it is killing me to see how it ends. So..take care ladies and I will see ya tomorrow! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
G'Night Kindergarteners and all our passerbys. You are always welcome to pull up a chair and chat with us!! We ain't scary.....are we??:D
I am going to be so happy to start a new thread and get rid of that Bck - it is like we can't spell or something!
Shawna!!! Yes, new photo!! Sorry - just catching up with all I missed. I am sorry.....you look lovely darling!!! :o
Cristi - I have seen your face - it is not fat, it is heartshaped...... I am oval. lol
I love Mary Higgins Clark. I ALWAYS read the last chapter first to see who did it. I like to read that way and analyze their behavior - knowing who the murder is fun. Neat, huh?? :dizzy:
My sister is like .....3 1/2 4 hours away.....what do you think Katy/Michelle?? So she will be able to come up at least once a month.
Happy 19th Birthday to you daughter Jules!!

k- I am so tired! I had pasta and veggies for dinner. Work was weird......people were freaking out everywhere.....like, go howl at the moom you guys - leave me alone!!! :devil:

HUGS Michelle and I miss you Bep & Kathy!!!

bep
06-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Howdy y'all!!! I have been soooooo busy today! I was out late doing tons of grocery shopping. Glad to have that done!

Check it out...I did something really bad today. :p I only got 775 cals today. Uh-oh...before you holler at me, I really didn't mean to do that...it was a boo boo.

Here is what I had:

Breakfast:
Granola bar (110)

Snack:
½ cucumber (25)

Lunch:
Ham & veggie wrap (light miracle whip, mustard, lettuce, red onion), ¼ apple (210)

Snack:
Strawberries (60)

Dinner:
Chicken & veggies stir fry (210)

Snack:
2-12 gain toast (160)

Total cals: 775

I was very acurate with my counts too. :p

bep
06-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Hmmmmmm............I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....la la la

bep
06-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Mighty nice weather today, eh????

bep
06-20-2006, 12:10 AM
By the way...it rained last night!!!

bep
06-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh...here is something exciting...some of my tomato plants have flowers on them!!! I can't wait until I don't have to buy tomatos for a while! :p

bep
06-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Oh...and I love my basil, parsley, and other herbs I am growing...

bep
06-20-2006, 12:12 AM
And my cucumbers are looking great...

bep
06-20-2006, 12:12 AM
and my peppers are getting taller....

bep
06-20-2006, 12:13 AM
YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! We are now at 100 posts, Susan!!! You can make a new thread now! :lol:

ellis
06-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Good morning, ladies! :wave:

I'll close this for you, and someone can start a new thread. (you DO want this closed, right? :lol: Yell if I'm in error.)

Have a happy Tuesday, everyone! :grouphug: