General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 03:56 PM   #1  
plucky clucky

S/C/G: 228/228/130 or less

Height: 5" 5'

Default Xenadrine Commercial - ouch

Burn your fat fatty or I'll burn you. Oh dear Lord. You're so fat you scare chairs. You're so fat you broke the family tree. When I saw that it hurt so bad. It made me shake inside and out and I don't even know what I am trying to say. Triggered me bad. I feel so wretched now, fat, ugly, worthless, useless.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:59 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Do they actually SAY those things on the commercial?! Goodness!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #3  
plucky clucky

oh yeah those and more
Old 06-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #4  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

That type of advertising should be ignored. And you shouldn't feel that bad about it. Remember those commercials are written by marketing agents--who try to sell a product. Sounds like this one wanted to use the "shock" method.

You shouldn't feel that bad-- it is obvious by your lose ticker that you have a goal and are working toward it. Negative self-talk will only hinder your progress. Besides anyone from the Midwest has to be a good person (I grew up just east of Independence, MO). If I let every commercial or comment get me down, I would have jumped off a high building by now.

Focus on the positive...you're losing the weight...you are brave enough to share your story on the web for the World to see. I think you are doing a great job.

We've all felt that way at one time or another, but I wouldn't dwell on it--Count your blessings!!!
Linda
Old 06-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #5  
plucky clucky

America your fat. Youre so fat you sweat corn oil, They baptized you at sea world, youre so fat when you step on the scale it says to be continued. When you sing it really is over. When they tell you to haul *** you have to make two trips. When you get on an airplane you sit next to everybody. You could rent shade. You put mayo on asparine. Hey fatties lighten up with xenadrine. That is quoted from the commercial I looked at online after seeing the one on tv. It is at their website under new commerciasl if you want to look at it.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #6  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

That's JUST AWFUL for soooo many reasons!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #7  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

And that's supposed to make me want to buy the stuff? I think NOT...

Ditto to Linda's post - well said!
Old 06-14-2006, 04:59 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9

Oooh, yeah! I know that I would definately want to buy a product from someone who made me feel worthless inside!! What in God's name is wrong with those people!!
Sweetheart, you are on your way!! Don't be put off by an ignorant commercial. Have faith in yourself!!
Closed Thread