General Diet Plans and Questions - Exciting News

View Full Version : Exciting News

dawn78
06-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Well I have some exciting news. Iím expecting! I have no ideal of my due date, but Iím guessing Iím about 5 weeks so that would put my due date sometime in early February. DH and I are very excited, but we really havenít told anyone yet. We want to wait until I go to the doctor and find out the definite details. I feel strange this time because I donít physically feel different yet so itís hard to believe that Iím actually pregnant. With my son I felt like crap and I had horrible migraine headaches, but I was also 3 months pregnant before we found out so the crapping feelings are probably still to come.

I told the manager of my COD yesterday and she was very excited for me and she didnít have any problems putting me on hold. She said I can start right back up at no additional cost even though my weight loss weeks are all used up. All I have to do is give them a call a month or so after the baby is born and weíll take it from there. Iím planning on nursing so they allow more time on ďholdĒ for that, but Iím not sure how much more. I do know this time, I feel much more confident in myself in regards to the dreaded baby weight Iíll be putting on. I feel like Iíve learned so much on LAWL that it will definitely help me make better decisions this time. With my last pregnancy nothing was out of reach and I ate whatever I wanted and drank over a GALLON of 1% milk a day, hence I gained 50 lbs. I know calcium is very important but that was way overboard, but it was the only thing I craved. Hopefully I donít have the same craving this time. My COD suggested if Iím worried about the weight I should just talk to my doctor about what I have been doing and take my food guides with and have him make recommendations. I have the maintenance guide also so that should come in handy. I realize this isnít a time in my life to worry about my weight but after seeing what happens when you donít worry, I just donít want a repeat or have to use the next 5 years to get the weight off. Iíve worked hard to get to this point and Iíll be pleased if I only gain the recommended 30 lbs.

I donít plan on leaving this board during this time. I still plan on cooking and eating this way (with modifications) so I need you ladies. I know I donít post daily, put I do check in several times a day and you all keep me in check. Thanks for being here!

MTdebster921
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Congratulations Dawn!!!!! It's so cool that you know you will be trying to eat healthier. Hopefully you won't have morning sickness too bad with this baby. Good luck!!!

winkie03
06-14-2006, 02:20 PM
congratulations!!!!

Boo'sMom
06-14-2006, 02:51 PM
Dawn--congratulations! What exciting news for you and your family. Best wishes for a safe, healthy pregnancy.

Repo girl
06-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Congrats Dawn!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Dawn -
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Awesome news Girlfriend -

!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I know there for a while there were a few of us worried about being pg. You go girl -I'm so very excited for you!!! :carrot: I just knew when I saw your post that you had to be expecting!!! I knew it b/c I remember you being one of us that thought about testing. I thought you tested and it was negative - what happened? If you want please share the details on how it all came about ( other than the obvious!!! - hahahahah)

dawn78
06-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Heather – yeah, that was last month! I did take several tests then and they were all negative. Now this month I did have my cycle last week, which was about a week earlier then the previous month and it was really light. I just though something didn’t seem right so I took two test and they both were positive! When I had my son, I had normal cycles for two months, but light. That’s why it took me three months to figure out I was pregnant, and I was on the pill then and not exactly planning on getting pregnant. So unless both of the tests I took are defective, I’m pregnant!

dolphn545
06-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Dawn - Congratulations!! :goodvibes: to you for a safe & healthy pregnancy!! :preg:

deetsmom
06-14-2006, 04:36 PM
congratulations!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-14-2006, 05:03 PM
wELL - Girl - I'm so happy for you - Here's sending you lots and lots of Happy and Healthy Pregnancy :goodvibes:!!!

stiesta
06-14-2006, 06:04 PM
congrats! :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb:

haylo921
06-14-2006, 07:35 PM
congrats!!!!! Your the second person within a week that has mentioned that they are pregnant.

shennie_97
06-14-2006, 08:30 PM
:hug: :D ;) :carrot: Congratulations:carrot:

missy_j
06-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Dawn, that's terrific! Have a blessed and healthy pregnancy!

CassyCat
06-14-2006, 09:52 PM

smokepole
06-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Congratulations!! It's so exciting. I loved being pregnant! Too old now :(

aphil
06-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Well I have some exciting news. I’m expecting! I have no ideal of my due date, but I’m guessing I’m about 5 weeks so that would put my due date sometime in early February. DH and I are very excited, but we really haven’t told anyone yet. We want to wait until I go to the doctor and find out the definite details. I feel strange this time because I don’t physically feel different yet so it’s hard to believe that I’m actually pregnant. With my son I felt like crap and I had horrible migraine headaches, but I was also 3 months pregnant before we found out so the crapping feelings are probably still to come.

I told the manager of my COD yesterday and she was very excited for me and she didn’t have any problems putting me on hold. She said I can start right back up at no additional cost even though my weight loss weeks are all used up. All I have to do is give them a call a month or so after the baby is born and we’ll take it from there. I’m planning on nursing so they allow more time on “hold” for that, but I’m not sure how much more. I do know this time, I feel much more confident in myself in regards to the dreaded baby weight I’ll be putting on. I feel like I’ve learned so much on LAWL that it will definitely help me make better decisions this time. With my last pregnancy nothing was out of reach and I ate whatever I wanted and drank over a GALLON of 1% milk a day, hence I gained 50 lbs. I know calcium is very important but that was way overboard, but it was the only thing I craved. Hopefully I don’t have the same craving this time. My COD suggested if I’m worried about the weight I should just talk to my doctor about what I have been doing and take my food guides with and have him make recommendations. I have the maintenance guide also so that should come in handy. I realize this isn’t a time in my life to worry about my weight but after seeing what happens when you don’t worry, I just don’t want a repeat or have to use the next 5 years to get the weight off. I’ve worked hard to get to this point and I’ll be pleased if I only gain the recommended 30 lbs.

I don’t plan on leaving this board during this time. I still plan on cooking and eating this way (with modifications) so I need you ladies. I know I don’t post daily, put I do check in several times a day and you all keep me in check. Thanks for being here!

Hi Dawn,

Congratulations!!!!!!! PLease join us over in the "Dieting With Obstacles" section of the forum-there is a pregnant/nursing section over there. I am in the same situation as you are-I normally gain about 50-60 pounds with each pregnancy, and this time around I decided that wasn't going to happen, and I am still counting calories (I could put this into "exchanges" for you if you like counting your food exchanges like in the LAWL plan.) For instance-before the pregnancy I ate about 1500 calories a day-in my first trimester I was at about 2000 a day, and then 2200 for my second, and now third trimesters.

I am gaining weight, but in the recommended level. I have gained about 25 so far-when I am normally about 40 pounds in at this point, so it is a BIG improvement. :lol: I am going to end up with about a 35 pound gain by the end-rather than the 50-60 I am usually stuck with. :o

I am also staying active with exercise-but using the proper modifications-a little slower on the treadmill, lighter weights, prenatal workouts, and modifications when I dance-and so forth. I feel much, much better-and I have NO BACK PAIN with this pregnancy, and I attribute that to staying more fit.

I also plan on breastfeeding as well-and I have some wonderful information on breastfeeding and losing weight in the appropriate way for your situation, so that it doesn't affect your milk supply. You might drop a few pounds before you start back up with your LAWL center again. :)

If you need anything at all-please let me know. Feel free to pm me, or stop on over to the pregnant/nursing part of the forum.
Congrats again!
Aphil

dawn78
06-15-2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks everyone! I took a third test last night and it said the same as the previous two so now I’m convinced. I think we’ll have to tell a few close family members this weekend because I just can’t take the excitement and anticipation of seeing everyone’s reaction (and I’m horrible at keeping secrets). Also I think most people I’m close with will figure it out anyway.

Aphil – when is your due date? It sounds like you’re doing great. I’ll have to check out the dieting w/ obstacles section. I would be interested in the information you have on nursing and losing weight and it would be great if you could shed any light on the food exchanges in LAWL terms. I was doing gold before and I guess I still kind of am. I haven’t really felt any need for a change yet, but I know I will have to increase my food soon.

deetsmom
06-15-2006, 11:59 AM
How old is your first? He's gonna be a big brother, YAY!

dawn78
06-15-2006, 12:27 PM
He's five and ready to be a big brother. We haven't told him yet, I'm trying to think of a special way to break the news. The other day he said he wants a brother and a sister so he thinks I should have twins! I would die. If this one is anything like he was anyway. He never slept, he wasn't crabby, just didn't need sleep. When I asked him doctor for help all he said was "he's what I like to call a high maintenance baby". That didn't help....

dawn78
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Aphil - Never mind, I see your due date now. That's what I get for reading before I log in.

dawn78
06-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Well I went and bought some picture frames over my lunch break. One I bought says “baby and me”. I’m going to wrap that one up and give it to my son. As soon as I tell him what it says he’ll know what it means. I bought a few more that just say “grandkids” and I’m going to wrap those up and give one to my dad and one to each of DH’s parents. As of right now Noah is the only grand kid on both sides so when they read that it’s not singular they’ll figure it out. I know this isn’t very creative but I’m running out of time if I want to tell some people this weekend. We have a couple of family get togethers on father’s day and I think it will be an appropriate time.

azgal32
06-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Congratulations!!! :carrot: What a great way to share the BIG news with the grandparents! I think that's neat...and on Father's Day, no less, truly special!:)

Erin

Boo'sMom
06-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I think it's a really cute idea! I sent balloons to my mom at work--first pink and blue when we announced, then just pink when we found that part out. Too fun!! How exciting for you. We also got our oldest daughter a "I'm the big sister" T-shirt and a new "real" looking babydoll. Ahhh--what sweet times.

skipper
06-15-2006, 06:26 PM
DAWN -
Many congratulations heading your way from just a bit north of you. I would have loved support like this site gives when I was pregnant. Here's lots of wishes for a safe, healthy and uneventful pregnancy.

Marilee

tanner'smom
06-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Congrats!!! That is wonderful. I can totally understand being worried about gaining weight. I gained 70lbs. with DS and am very concerned about weight gain when I get pregnant again. I think your COD's suggestion to talk to your Dr. is great.