Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

Default When it rains, it pours!

I enjoy reading the mini-goals thread so much. It really helps and inspires me to get my act together when I hear how fabulous everyone is doing. I guess for the past month I've been in a bit of a "funk". I'm still in college so I'm on my summer break, and since my last final at the beginning of May I've been trying to find a job. My fiancee and I have been really lucky in that our parents help us out with money for tuition and our apartment--until recently. Fiancee's parents up and decided he is too "old" and are cutting him off-right before his last semester! That is their decision, but as students it makes life a bit rough for us until he graduates in December. So basically life been really stressful for us, especially since I haven't been lucky with finding a job. He works as a lab assistant at our university but it won't be enough for rent unless I find something too.

Well yesterday, I got not one, but two job offers! I'll be working at a Hallmark near me at nights and as a standardized patient at the med school during the day. I am just soooo relieved, I feel like the stress is finally coming to an end. I know it was affecting my eating habits; even though I've been following weight watchers, it was easy to use flex points as an excuse to be naughty and then some. I feel like I'm finally back on track toward achieving my goals.

Sorry for rambling It really helps having a support group that I can share things with. I do have a small NSV: I tried on a pair of capri pants from Old Navy that were snug two years ago. Last night they were so loose they almost fell down. They are size 18...maybe I'm finally ready to go back to 'regular' clothing stores. I've been at Lane Bryant for so long that it feels like a comfortable blanket and I'm scared/nervous/excited about fitting into non plus size clothes again. But hopefully I'll get there soon.
PandyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #2  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Height: 5'3"

Kelly,

Congratulations on your new size, and your *two* new jobs!

Sounds crazy, but I remember being (almost) the tiniest bit sad when I had to stop shopping at Lane Bryant ... I quickly got over that, and you will too!!

Good luck at your new jobs!

Kelly
HandbagAficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congrat's on the new jobs and the new sizes. You won't miss Lane Bryant when you see what all is available in the smaller size stores. Good luck and best wishes.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #4  
Fat-be-gone

Oh, you'll get over it and quick. Imagine all the cute, new stuff you'll be able to find now that you are gonna start shopping in the regualr stores. Good for you!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:05 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good for you ! Congratulations
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote