Old 06-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #1  

Red face Workout video advice

Hello everyone. I am new here. I live in Texas and right now it is well into the 100's for the season. We recently moved here and I am NOT used to the heat. I need to workout in the house and I haven't been "fit" in awhile. I am wondering what video workout I could start out with. I want to try WATP and "The Firm". I am wondering what people would recommend for the beginner. Also, do I need all "Transfirmer" videos or just a certain few?

Thank you for your advice.

Sara
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:06 AM   #2  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Sara,

I hadn't worked out for 2 years. I have tried so many different programs. WATP is a good video, but it will does not reshape your muscles and sculpt your body like Turbo Jam. Of course I'm partial because I've been doing TJ for about two weeks now.

If you will read the Turbo Jam and the New 10-Day Kick Start Challenge threads, you will see that there are many participants who are just starting out. Turbo Jam is a combination of dancing, Tae Bo and kick boxing. It is really fun!! You need to enjoy a workout program to stick with it. I can swear to that. I have WATP and found it somewhat boring. I live in Lubbock, TX and it has been over 100 everyday here. I just turn the AC up and have a fan on me when I workout. We would love for you to join the Jammers. Check out the links

Just my opinion...
Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

If you name the video, chances are, I have it in my house.

I particularly like anything done by Beach Body, I think they are a great company and we have pretty much all there videos.

Turbo Jam is a Beach Body video.. but I didn't really like it. Required to much thought and coordination for me.

I highly recommend the slim in 6 videos. I believe it comes in a set of 3 DVDs, Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. And my mommy could do the beginner so I think you could probably do it too.

My personal favorite of the Beach Body videos is anything by Tony. I just think he is awesome! But we only have the Power 90 series, which I think is pretty difficult, I don't know if he has anything more beginner geared. But check it out, and if he does, I would pick him!
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 159/146/120

Height: 5'0"

Sara- I live in Texas too so I know what you mean about the heat. Linda is so right about Turbojam . It is the first workout video I have ever stuck with . In fact it's addictive.
iluvkomer is offline   Reply With Quote