Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default A Brand New Day! And only 281 left until I turn 30.

GOOD MORNING!!!!!

So I have 281 days until I turn 30. My current weight is 217.5. It's a number I can barley face. But ok. I can't justify WW meetings right now. I totally blew my 6 month membership, going only about half the time. Not only did I not lose weight in that time I am above my weight when I started WW July 5th of 2005!

So I pulled up my old excel file that I created with my WW journal. I lost 30 pounds doing WW this way when my son was born...almost TWO YEARS ago. I can do it again.

I've kind of been in a tail spin. But I am losing more and more of my life each day trapped in this body. My clothes don't fit, I'm tired, achy and grumpy. I have had headaches and acid reflux from all the junk I have been eating. I just can't do this to myself. Or my kids. DD, bless her heart, has started to notice that some people look different than others and pointed out to the girl who helps me during the week, that she has a fat Mommy, and some Mommys are not fat. But hers is fat. What did I do with that? I got depressed and ate like a crazy fat person for two weeks. It breaks my heart. These kids are my world and I am failing them.

So here I am. I would like to lose 82.5 pounds With only 40 weeks until my 30th birthday this will be next to impossible. So I am going to aim to be 150. I weighed 150 when I was 18 and met my husband. At the time you would not have guessed that I was 150. I was packed with muscle, with a 6 pack and all. I may not get that back, but I can get to 150...I hope.

I am picking up my challenge to myself. I am not setting a time frame, just a weekly commitment. Anyone can join me if they would like.

This week's commitment:
Stay within my points. That's it.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:29 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Hey Misty, kids what else can you say?? I had something similar happen when I was pregnant and I heard the kid next door talking about the fat lady neighbour. Yeah it hurts. So far my ds hasn't said anything but I know it is coming. I hope I will be able to cope with it, maybe knowing that him saying something is inevitable will be some kind of preparation and it won't hurt so much.

Anyway, Misty you've gained. Deal with it and let's get on with it. WW works when you stick with it. I did it briefly for a few weeks and lost 16 lbs after ds was born but it is too expensive to my mind. Also counting stuff drove me nuts. Doesn't matter, do what works for you. If you can do it at home without going to meetings then do it but keep that speadsheet handy and log on everyday, several times a day if you have to! Better yet just keep the computer on all day and have your home page at 3FC so that you can check in often! Checking in every day and even leaving a short post really does help I find. Also make up some signs you can tack around your kitchen, on the fridge, the cupboard that has the cookies in it. Just something simple with your goal weight and the date you are shooting for. Do you have any pics from when you were 18 you could have around too? Maybe that would help.

So add on another item to your commitment: I will log onto 3FC at least once a day if only for 2 minutes. Okay you've got 2 minutes during the day I know you do. In that 2 minutes write out a few lines, what you want to do, how your day went, what you could have done better or tell us what a great day you had and we'll tell you how proud of you we all are.

BTW, how do you know to the day how far away your b-day is??
Old 06-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #3  

Ok I made it like what an hour? I have like 15 loads of laundry to do, my house is a wreck, the kids own't stop fighting for 10 seconds. DH wanted some stromboli at work today. So I have to make that and go all the way to town to deliver it, go to the other town to go to the post office, b/c the one where DH works is under construction. Which means I have to get dressed, do my hair, get everyone in the car (no daycare kids today). BLAH BLAH BLAH

I made it all the way to rolling the stromboli up with out eating any cheese, pepperoni or sausage. Then while rolling the first one got all kinds of holes in it. I tried to patch them with dough form the second but it looks so bad. Then as I am rolling the second DS climbs up into the chair and starts grabbing up through the roll to take out the sausage!!!! When I realize he is STANDING on my laptop. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! So I ate the rest of the pepperoni and am on my second huge bowl honey nut cheerios.

Ok I will not finish this second bowl of cereal.

Thank you for the support Jen!!!

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html this is how I know how many days I have

I smell stromboli burning better run!

Last edited by MistySeptember; 06-14-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #4  
Jen

Okay, pepperoni and honey nut cheerios...don't fret over those. If you have been eating a lot of lunch meats lately that could also be a big part of your headaches. They have all kinds of nitrates and sodium that could cause the headaches. Stay in your points for the rest of the day. You've had your official butt kicking! PM me too if you want, I usually check in a couple of times during the day. Of course staying in the kitchen making food doesn't help, can you take the kids outside for awhile?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #5  

Ok. Feeling better. I have no points left for the day but I am feeling better LOL.

Jen you are right! I already have 3fc as my home page, I have little messages taped on my cupboards, fridge and freezer..but they are super small. Maybe I need to make them bigger. I do need to check in more often. Being here, being active in supoorting and getting support holds me more accountable.

Well off to find the kids' shoes. DS hides them all the time. Then we can hit teh road and get this oh so yummy stromboli OUT of my possesion!

have a great day!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:16 PM   #6  
Jen

Glad you are feeling better. It helps to know there are others who know what you are going through and support you. Yes put those goals on 8 x 11 pieces of bright paper where you can't possibly miss them.

See you later!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:17 PM   #7  

Misty, I just wanted you to know that we all screw up!! I have days when all I eat is chips and cokes, and snowcones!! But then I get up the next day and start over. I support you and Jen 100%!!!
hugs,
Donna
Closed Thread