Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #1  

Question Recommendations

Can anybody recommend meds for severe depression that's worked to help one gain control of their eating habits. I am an emotional eater, and it seems there is always some kind of drama going on that leads to me to the refuge of food. In many ways, it's my best friend, yet it's my worst enemy too.
ArmoredAngel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #2  
Mel

If you have severe depression, you should really be talking to your doctor. Different meds work differently for people. Have you talked to your doctor

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

If you have Severe depression, any drug that works well for you should help with your emotional eating, since it would help with your depression aka emotions.

Wellbutrin is well known to rarely cause weight gain,
my counselor described it to have an appetite suppressing quality.

Years ago, when i was bulimic i was prescribed Prozac.

We aren't doctors here though, if you aren't seeing a psychiatrist
you need to, and go to counseling too.

God Bless you
you can message me anytime
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #4  

After 23 years of taking psychotropic meds, I have gotten to the point where I never recommend medications to anyone. Please see a psychiatrist to get medication information.
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #5  

Thanks guys, I guess what I ment was, was there other people on meds in here that the meds actually helped them. I have been on others meds but they never really helped and was wondering what other people's experiences were on other medications. I know there are some new ones out.
ArmoredAngel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:23 AM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello & !

First off, I have been there. What I did was go to my family dr. and it was even the first time I ever met this man at the time and it was like he could totally see straight through me! The first thing he asked me was, "how long have you been depressed?" Right then and there I just totally lost it in his office and spilled my guts to him. He put me on Wellbutrin XR and it helped me a lot. Also curbed my appetite, which was a plus for me and helped me feel better too. I also started going out for walks during the day, in the sun and it helped, not only physically for exercise but also beleive it or not they say that getting out in the sun does help and I know it does, at least for me.

I work nights so I hardly see the sun but last month, we took off a weekend and it was nice being outside when the sun was still up and it really brightened my spirits.

So and please keep us updated!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #7  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

wellbutrin helps me too I'm on the sr version..
good luck
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote