Support Groups - I don't want to be a fat girl...10 by July 10th!!!

Rosario
06-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone. Welcome to the new fat girl challenge. We're here to try and lose 10 pounds by July 10th. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Rosario
06-12-2006, 10:01 AM
I am starting this challenge at a whopping 231 pounds. Wow!! I am almost back to where I began. That is so not good. Since I have blown the last 2 Fat Girl challenges, I am soooo determined to at least get half way there. I am just soooo tired of being a fat girl!!!

sotypical
06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I am weighing in at 190.6! Here's to 180.6! Good luck everyone!

Rosario - you can do it girl! I know you can!

Jtjoray
06-12-2006, 03:03 PM
I weighed in at 201.5. But are we counting from the 10th of this month cause if so I was at 203. Either way...I can wait to lose another 10 pounds. I want to be in the 100's soooo bad. I can almost feel it. : )

Angel33
06-12-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi girls,
Count me in for another 10lbs.
If we're starting from the 10th then my weight is 214. My weigh in day is tomorrow, I hope it stills reads 214 or below. We'll see. I'll change my ticker tomorrow.

Wow JT look how close you are to ONEDERLAND. I know you have to be so excited.

Good Luck Everyone!

AmberD
06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
I can use all the motivation I can get, so count me in for being 10 pounds lighter come July 10th.

I weigh tonight (hoping it will be down around 182) but that'll be my official take the weight off starting point)

sotypical
06-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Jtjoray - just looked at your pics, WOW you are looking great! Maybe I will get the courage to post mine! eeeps!

Jtjoray
06-13-2006, 02:42 AM
Yes I am soo excited to get to the 100's. Thanks Courtney. As horrible as they are....I feel alittle better posting them. It encourages me to keep going. I dont want to look like my before pictures every again! Ok so if we are starting on the 10th..I weighed in at 203. Which means I want to be at 193 by July 10th. Whooo hoo. I really hope I can do this one. It seems like most people stall at about 200 and it takes forever for them to get to OneDerland! I hope that's not me! Good luck everyone.

MyOwnSaboteur
06-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I join in :) , I was waiting for the last 10 by 10 to finish so I could take part.

I weighed in this morning and the scale was at 183.4 so by July the 10th I guess I am looking to 173.4 wow that would.....I mean..... that IS going to be great!! I started at about 206 lbs and slowly getting down there. My long term goal is 140lbs.

I look forward to spending the next month getting to know you all!!

Jtjoray
06-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Welcome!!! Glad you joined. I weighed in at 200.5 this morning!!! That's 2.5 down from the 10th.

SwimGirl
06-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Alright, I am in for 10 pounds. I'm weighing in at 230 these days, which would put me at 220.

-Aimee

royalsfan1
06-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Brand new to the site and would love to jump right in and get the ball rolling. I have no idea what I weighed on the 10th but I know it wasn't any less than I weigh today at 261.5 so by July 10 I'll be at 251.5. I've looked at some of your pictures and you guys are doing a great job! I can't wait to share in your success!!!! :carrot:

Angel33
06-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I was disappointed to have no loss this week, therefore I start the new challenge at 215 with a goal of 205.

Welcome Monica and royalsfan1! Glad to have you here.

Wow JT only a half pound to go before you reach Onederland, that's awesome.

Talk to you all later.

Stevi-rocks
06-13-2006, 10:22 PM
Ha! I found you!!! You guys thought you could get away!!!;) No body CONFIRMED we where starting the new thread so I just wandered around...ALL by myself...ALONE...lol. Well I am not weighing til TOM is gone so it'll be a few days But for the record on the 10th I was at 232....so 222 (thats alota two's!) by 7/10. It shall be done! Nice to see you all again!

Lady_Effinger
06-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Hi there. I would love to join in.June 10th, I weighed 225, so that would put me at 215 by July 10th. Whoo-hoo! Good Luck everyone!:)

Jtjoray
06-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Welcome newbies!!!! Stevie love your new picture!!! Cant wait to see how we all do.

Karma27
06-14-2006, 03:36 AM
I'm in... 283 lbs ... Here's to 273 :hat:
We can do it ladies :cheer:

Rosario
06-14-2006, 10:35 AM
How's everybody doing so far??

I am starting to ease into the excercise. I just really need to control my binges (can't call it snacking anymore because it's gotten way out of control). I do so well during the day, but when I get home...all **** breaks loose. lol I guess I have to try and keep working on it!

Hope everyone is well and on their way to dropping those 10 pounds.

stevi-glad you found us.

JT-wow, that weight is just flying off of you!! do you mind me asking what do you do for excercise??

:welcome: to all the newbies. Hope you find this challenge to be rewarding for ya!!

Angel33
06-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Stevi-Great new photo! Glad you found us!

Welcome to the newbies.

Happy Hump Day.
Talk to you later

sotypical
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
JT-wow, that weight is just flying off of you!! do you mind me asking what do you do for excercise??

I know, I am TOTALLY jealous! haha Please tell us what you are doing, I need to speed things up! haha

I hope I see a loss this week, its going to be stressful the next couple weeks I KNOW it. I did really bad yesterday and its TOM and I never seen to lose the week of TOM not even when it ends.

For those of you who don't know my Grandma passed away on Monday afternoon so that was pretty upsetting. We thought she still had longer, it was super hard for me. I wanted to go visit Sunday but I went and looked at house's instead thinking to myself, "I will go in a day or so" and it didn't happen, she died the next day, so yah I am pretty upset that about.

But on a happy note, I DO have a new house. But to ad to that stress, we move in TWO WEEKS! My wonderful Mother and Step Father bought a house as an investment for my boyfriend and I to rent - great! - and then they booked us a mover - even better - except the mover is booke for the 29!!! I get some frantic painting somewhere in there and maybe that will help burn a few calories.

I hope to keep the stress to a minmium but I feel it coming already.

Angel33
06-14-2006, 02:34 PM
So sorry to hear about your grandma Courtnie.:hug: :hug:

How exciting to get into a new house. You better get to packing. Good luck with everything.

sotypical
06-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks Leec.

Okay guys, here they are... progress pictures! First one is me at 210 and the second is me at 190. Who know 20 pounds made such a difference!
Right Side (http://saltypickles.com/me/june06/right-side.jpg)
Left Side (http://saltypickles.com/me/june06/left-side.jpg)
Front (http://saltypickles.com/me/june06/font.jpg)

(sorry for those of you who saw this in the other thread too, haha)

Stevi-rocks
06-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Courtnie, Sorry about the loss of your Grandma. You lok great even though you prolly don't feel so hot. Thanks for the compliments !

Angel33
06-14-2006, 04:42 PM
WTG Courtnie, look at that waist just a wasting away.
Good Job!
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

purplecrush
06-14-2006, 11:30 PM
Hey all! Sorry Ive been MIA lately. So much has happened. Dakota's baseball games are done with ~YAY~ Today was the last day of school ~YAY~ and my mom got CHICKEN POX!! At 65!!! So we had to stay out of the house as much as possible!! Im still weighing in the same, 231, which is surprising , since ive had to eat out so much!! Im glad everything is going back to normal!! I get two months off then soccer starts and both my kids are playing so im going to gone probably 5 nights a week! Im not really looking forward to all that running around, but my kids are worth it!

Im glad theres another challenge..Im not doing to good with them! Gotta get on the ball. Just when I try to get on the ball with it, something else happens. Im so tired of it!

Courtnie- im sorry to hear about your grandma. Both mine are gone, and it was hard both times. Keep your chin up girl! Oh and btw, I love your pics!! 20 lbs DOES make alot of difference!!! Keep it up!

SwimGirl
06-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Randee - you are making a comeback! WB!! Thats awesome you didn't gain any weight :)

Courtnie - woo! Congrats on the house!! I'd be SO excited! But I'm sick and enjoy moving for some reason. And you do look amazing in your pictures. You don't need to ask what other people's secret is.. because you are doing AMAZING!! Maybe you should tell US what you are doing!!

Today I did pretty good, I went for a run.. and wow.. I feel so good from it! Afterwards my bf stopped to get an ice cream sandwich (pure evil, it's two chocolate chip cookies with ice cream between), I got a lemonade and thats ALL! I was pretty proud :) Now dinner.. thats something else. I had a stressful day and didn't eat it.. so bad I know :( It's hard to eat when you are stressed though!!

-Aimee

Jtjoray
06-15-2006, 03:07 AM
Sorry about your loss Courtney...Yes Swim Girl you are right. Courtney is doing an awsome job and looks great. But if you should know. I work out 5-6 days a week doing 35 mins of running at 5.0 and walking at 3.8. 2 min intervals. I also add in about 20 mins of weight training every week and do 1-2 days of my Denise Austin Ab Video. It's only about 5-8 mins long. I sometimes wonder if I have a high metabolism and before when I didnt work out and ate so much it just couldnt keep up with me!?!?

Jtjoray
06-15-2006, 03:07 AM
Sorry about your loss Courtney...Yes Swim Girl you are right. Courtney is doing an awsome job and looks great. But if you should know. I work out 5-6 days a week doing 35 mins of running at 5.0 and walking at 3.8. 2 min intervals. I also add in about 20 mins of weight training every week and do 1-2 days of my Denise Austin Ab Video. It's only about 5-8 mins long. I sometimes wonder if I have a high metabolism and before when I didnt work out and ate so much it just couldnt keep up with me!?!?

sotypical
06-15-2006, 01:30 PM
Courtnie - woo! Congrats on the house!! I'd be SO excited! But I'm sick and enjoy moving for some reason. And you do look amazing in your pictures. You don't need to ask what other people's secret is.. because you are doing AMAZING!! Maybe you should tell US what you are doing!!

I am SUPER excited about the house! It sounds like we might have a bit more time to get ready but hard to say. We have to get in there and touch up the upstairs and then we can move in. Then we can work on the downstairs and find someone to rent. AND THEN I CAN GET A PUPPY! I can't wait, I am SOOOOOOO excited!

As for what I am doing: I do 60-80 min on my exercise bike 6 days a week (sometimes I forget to take a break). Sometimes I do pilates (40-60min) or a ball work out when I am not feeling lazy. I drink 6 liters of water a day and eat 1600-1700 calories. Pretty simple :) haha When I get my puppy I will throw in some walking too. I was doing like JT there and running/walking I would do 10min walking and 40 min jogging I was losing but not as fast as I am now with the exercise bike... or at least it felt slower.

Randee - sorry to hear about your gramma's :( This is the first real death I have experienced. My grandpa (mom's side) died a few years ago but he lived across the country and I never saw him much and we knew he was going to die. We knew my gramma (dad's side) was going to die but we thought she still had a lot longer. It is good tho, she is in a better place now and not in anymore pain. She lived in town near me, I didn't see her often but I still saw her alot more then my grandpa. When I was younger she used to pick me up from school once a week and we would go the library and get books and go back to her cute little house and read and have tea and snacks. I just keep remebering that and it makes me smile. :)

SwimGirl
06-15-2006, 02:21 PM
JT - is it a good ab video? I'm thinking of investing in one.. I make up my own ab stuff at home, and while it's alright. I always want to try more, heh. I currently do 4 different ab moves, plus these twists to hit my obliques, takes about 8 minutes total. How many diff moves do you do in the video?

Courtnie - you know, if those two pics are 2 months apart, and you've lost 20 pounds between them you've lost on average 10 pounds a month and about 2-2.5 per week! Who is losing fast NOW!! heh.

I am holding steady.. STILL. I'm JUST getting back on track from when I was sick, it's frustrating slow. And I didn't lose weight while I was sick because I was so stressed with work. Next week tho!!

-Aimee

Stevi-rocks
06-16-2006, 12:05 PM
The results are in! After 5 days of TOM I weighed this morning. Down 3.5lbs! Yipppee skippee!

sotypical
06-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Courtnie - you know, if those two pics are 2 months apart, and you've lost 20 pounds between them you've lost on average 10 pounds a month and about 2-2.5 per week! Who is losing fast NOW!! heh.

Yes... they are 3 months apart. lol I don't remmber the exact day I took them, probably around the second or third week in March.

love1384
06-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I AM SO IN THIS ... My 1st 3FC CHALLENCE DEFINITELY NOT THE LAST

Start weight: 260 ... I am over achiever so hopfully it will be 10+:dust:

Ceridwen
06-16-2006, 03:15 PM
I want to join in too!! I have been lurking for the past 5 months or so and have lost a little over ten pounds, but it is time to kickstart this thing!
We can do this guys!!

Angel33
06-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Ladies,

Randee-Glad to see you back

Stevie-Good job on the 3.5lb loss, Keep up the good work

Courtnie-Hope everything goes well with the house.

Welcome Love1384 and Ceridwen!

So JT are you in Onderland yet? We're all routing for ya!

Aimee-Hang in there. Work has been a little stressful for me as well. I too maintained this week. We'll get um next week.

So girls I have a question. Can anyone recommend a good cardio video that's about 30 minutes? I'm looking to change up my morning routine. For the last 4 months I've been doing the WATP 2 mile high calorie burn with 3 pound weights. And don't get me wrong I like but I am thinking I need to change things up a bit to rekickstart my weightloss. Right now I have a 30 minute window between 5am-5:30am. I have a little more time for my afternoon workout but I really don't want to get up any earlier than 5:00am. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
It's supposed to be super hot and humid here.

Jtjoray
06-16-2006, 09:57 PM
Nope not in onderland yet. Im having TOM now so Im not going to be getting on the scale for the next week. UGH! I hate my TOM Cravings!!!! I can do this. It's only one week. Lol. Good luck everyone else. WTG Stevi about your 3.5 pound loss. Your kicking major butt.

How many down is everyone?

Im down 2.5

Jtjoray
06-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Swimgirl the video is pretty good. You do like 4 different things. I cant only do about half of it...Im trying to work up to the whole video. It's a personal training video so you can make your own workout.

SwimGirl
06-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Angel - it's amazing how hard it is to lose weight when you are stressed, eh? I am feeling much better, and am doing a two day challenge on my own where I'm not having bread or pasta. Today is day 1!! We definitely will get them next week ;)

Stevi - wow! Congrats on those 3.5 pounds!!

JT - I'm thinking I'll make my own ab workout, something I can do while watching tv. Whats your fav ab move? Mine is definitely the bicycle one, it burns. heh.

Courtnie - you've definitely worked into a little groove these days, you are dropping weight pretty decently! You will SO hit this challenge!

-Aimee

sotypical
06-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I am down 2.2 this week - I can't believe it that is two weeks in a row now. It is starting to pick up, I am so happy! Only 7.8 more to go! I can make this one! The last two I only lost 7 each, but maybe this time! *fingers crossed*

As for the house, we got it, its ours, was a done deal yesterday! We move in within a month, I am so excited because then I can get a puppy! I still need to decided what kinda of puppy.

Ceridwen
06-17-2006, 10:04 PM
I went out to the pub last night and managed to not have any of the nachos being shared by the table! I am looking forward to my weigh in on monday to see what happened this week... I hope a loss!!

That is amazing Stevi!! Way to go on the loss!!

I also hate TOM cravings Jtjoray, it just seems that everything is delicious and nothing makes you full! Argh. Just stay strong!!

Good job sotypical! I am from BC too... Nice to meet a fellow British Columbian :)

I hope all of your friday nights are excellent!

Jtjoray
06-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Im still at 200.5. I think it's TOM though. I cant help but weigh myself. Lol. Oh well. WTG everyone. Congrats on the house courtney.

SwimGirl
06-17-2006, 10:47 PM
We've got a little BC thing going on here! That makes 3! Where are you from in BC, Ceridwen? I live in the lower mainland myself..

Courtnie - congrats! 2.2 is awesome!!

-Aimee

sotypical
06-18-2006, 02:44 AM
I live on Van Island. :D

Ceridwen
06-18-2006, 05:10 AM
I am from Vancouver Island too... :)

mtyler17
06-18-2006, 05:26 AM
Hey I'm new to this site and I just love this thread! You guys are all doing so great! Count me in! Those 10 lbs won't know what hit them! x

sotypical
06-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Where abouts Ceridwen? I live in Nanaimo.

I found this little puppy in texas that I had my hear set on and just found out that I missed him by ONE application. The lady before me took him :( Now I feel bad because they want to take another dog (it is a rescuse place) but none of the other dogs are puppies :( all well, thats life I suppose.

Ceridwen
06-19-2006, 02:57 AM
I am in Victoria sotypical.
And also... AHHHHHHHHHHHH. I am in a musical and I just got back from rehearsal and it goes up in August and now I am belly dancing in it and prancing about in booty shorts... Why oh why did I open my mouth and say I could bellydance?????
Sooo guys, realistically, how much do you think I can shape up/lose by the beginning of August? I want to set a goal for myself.

--Ceri

Stevi-rocks
06-19-2006, 03:16 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Biteitalready/moo1.jpghttp://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/Biteitalready/MOOOOO-1.jpg

1st photo is Saturday June 17th
2nd photo is April 22nd. Two days before I started my journey.

SwimGirl
06-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Stevi - WOW, you can REALLY see the difference!! You are looking pretty hot!! Amazing what can happen in 2 months! Keep it up and you'll be at goal in no time!!

Ceri - you can REALLY shape up in that amount of time! I'm hoping to shape up and lose about 15 pounds by August 18th (day before my bday, and start of my summer vacation!), with a combo of weights and cardio (not to mention diet) you can be a much more toned. Just keep up the exercise, and even if you aren't losing pounds I bet you'll be losing inches.

I have a very good feeling my scale will be down this week :) I am working pretty hard at the diet thing.. still aiming for little to no wheat which bloats me up like a blimp!

-Aimee

Jtjoray
06-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Im down to 199.0 this morning! I finally made it to ONDERLAND!! Whoo hoo. Down 4 pounds 6 more to go.

Stevi you are sooo beautiful.
Swim I know your scale will be down. : )

Good Luck everyone! Sorry I havent been on much my internet is down. I have to go to my in laws to use the computer.

Angel33
06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO JT!:carrot:
I am so excited for you. And jealous. Please save me a seat in Onederland. I can't wait until I get there with ya. You have worked so hard to get there and I am so proud of you.

WOW Stevie-You're absolutely beautiful. What a difference 2 months has made.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Talk to you later.

sotypical
06-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Stevie - looking amazing!!!!

Jtjoray - congrats on making it to wonderland! still wish I could lose as fast as you, haha

Ceri - not too far away! as for a goal, you want to set yourself something a little higher then you think you can make, that way you work extra hard (that is my opnion anyway)

Aimee - the scale will be down! i know it!

Stevi-rocks
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
AWwwww shucks!:o You guys are so sweet to say such nice things! I remember when my guitarists wife took pic # 1, I was not happy. But I'm glad she did! I wouldn't have a before pic at all! I looked in every file on my computer and DH's and I have NO photos right after having Logan (DS#2) I asked DH why not, He said " Oh, yeah, right...and get killed!?! I don't think so!" I geuss I let him know not to without saying anything.:^: Had rehearsal last night and OMG the place was a SAUNA! A/C was out so 4 hours of singing/sweating my lil heart out I'm down another 2lbs! :carrot: We have our 1st REAL gig back on July, 22nd.
JT, You are my modivation! We have almost the exact same stats, only you started sooner. Oh and I'm OLDER:(
Swim, You can do it! I can't wait to see your results!

SwimGirl
06-19-2006, 10:11 PM
JT - congrats!! I cannot wait for onederland :)

Stevi - before pictures aren't so much fun when they are being taken, but its amazing how worth it they are! I don't really have before pictures, I have tons and tons of pictures, but always made sure I looked good.. heh.

Thanks guys! My scale was definitely down this morning (I'm addicted to my scale, and weigh everyday), so I hope to keep it up this week and maybe.. MAYBE I can be down to 228 or 227! :)

-Aimee

Rosario
06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Hey everyone. I'm back from LA. I got in yesterday but I was so dead. It was so awesome and so sad. I hate leaving my family!!!

I haven't weighed myself but I go to the Drs today. SO I guess I'll find out there. It'll probably be up 10 pounds because of all the junk food and soda I had. I'll definitely be back in diet mode tomorrow!!!

Stevi-you look so awesome!!! and so quickly too! You are my new hero and I must bow down to you

JT-you are also one of my idols!!! congrats on making it to onederland!!!

Coutnie-awesoem about the house. and you can get a puppy?? Double yay!!!! glad to see your scale is also going down.

aimee-you are doing great. you left me in the dust. Guess I better start picking it up because I do not want to be left behind!!!

sotypical
06-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Yes I get a puppy! wooo! Now I just have to find one :( Someone suggested a Beagel to me today, they are cute and I found some puppies in Van. And they are like 1/3 the price of a boston terrier! So I might consider those little guys!

royalsfan1
06-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes I get a puppy! wooo! Now I just have to find one :( Someone suggested a Beagel to me today, they are cute and I found some puppies in Van. And they are like 1/3 the price of a boston terrier! So I might consider those little guys!

Courtnie - Beagles are SO cute and sweet. However, I'd suggest you do a LOT of research before you get one. I had a friend who raised them and he would not even sell one to someone looking for a house dog. It was extremely important to him that his dogs, and the people who bought them, were both very happy with each other and he said beagles were NOT house dogs. He said they needed at least an acre to run. They're hunters, by nature, and so they have TONS of energy and need to run around all the time...rather than being walked. Also, they bark a bunch because of they're hunting background. He was so picky he wouldn't even sell one to me...his best friend! And I begged!!! hahaha They're so cute but I respected his knowledge. I'm not telling you not to get one because I don't know you're situation...but whenever anyone says they're thinking about it I always try to at least pass on the advice he gave me. Hope you don't think I'm interferring....

Rosario
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Beagles are so cute. Are those the ones that look kind of like weenie dogs? I am surprised that they need so much excercise for being so little.

I want a puppy now!!! If I get one it would have to be a little one. I was looking at those Havanese. They are so cute and I love fluffy dogs. That one or a teacup poodle. But I don't think I could get one as I live in apt. and me and my bf are at work all day. If I was able to wrk something out then I would definitely get one.

BTW-I hate doctors' offices. And their scales too !!!!

sotypical
06-20-2006, 06:37 PM
royalsfan1 - I did read that they do need a lot of exercise and I do want a house dog. I definatly need to research them more. We have a pretty large yard and it is all fenced, but I want a dog I can leave in the house during the day.

Rosario - I too wanted a teacup dog at first. But after reading about them it sounded like a bad idea, some of them have lots of health problems and they are very easily broken (ie killed). They can even kill themself or break bones from jumping too high. So I crossed anything smaller then 4 pounds off my list. I also want a 'real' dog that I can play a good game of fetch with or not worrying about sitting on. These Havanese are pretty cute, they probably need daily grooming tho, blargh.

A little fluffy dog I like is the coton de tulear and they are great little family dogs, but they have a real hard time being left alone and I am go to work :( I need a little dog, that doesn't mind being left a long while I go to work. That is why I keep going back to the Boston Terrier. Good sized little dog, happy to lay down and relax but also enjoys a good game of fetch. And very loving and gets on fine with smaller kids.

royalsfan1
06-20-2006, 07:52 PM
My favorite small house type dogs are anything with a bit of Westie (West highland terrier) in them. Makes them look like little Ewoks. I LOVE pound puppies the best!

sotypical
06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
"Care: The coat must stay hard so it is not recommended that it be washed too frequently. If the dog gets dirty, the hair should be allowed to dry and then be brushed out. The coat needs to be hand-plucked twice a year."

Hand plucked? I have to pull all their hairs out??? They are super cute tho!

royalsfan1
06-20-2006, 09:01 PM
"Care: The coat must stay hard so it is not recommended that it be washed too frequently. If the dog gets dirty, the hair should be allowed to dry and then be brushed out. The coat needs to be hand-plucked twice a year."

Hand plucked? I have to pull all their hairs out??? They are super cute tho!

Is that the Westie??? hahahah I said they were cute...not low maintenance. I've never had one but I've always said when I get a dog I'll look for one like that. Nevermind. haha

Ceridwen
06-21-2006, 03:34 AM
Have you thought about just getting a mutt from the SPCA? From my experience they are always the friendliest and have the most personality.
Also, anything that has Corgi (I think that is how it is spelled) are really good house dogs. Makes them look like miniature labs :) They love to fetch/play but are also very self sufficient making them good home dogs.
But then again... maybe I am biased, haha. I had a Corgi cross for 14 years who stayed at home during the day while we were all at school/work and then frolicked with us at will.

All dogs are adorable though! I am really jealous. I am moving at the end of the summer to an apartment that doesn't allow dogs :(. It will be strange not having one around.

Oh, and weigh in tommorow - though, I am not expecting much as it is TOM. Sigh. Just what I wanted, to feel bloated and crave everything!!

--Ceri

sotypical
06-21-2006, 02:33 PM
I have been to the SPCA all BIG DOGS :( gah, I just want a puppy and I want it now! haha I will find something sooner or later I guess. There was Corgi Pom in the buy and sell that caught my eye, thought that might be kind of cute. I find calling about puppies I have never seen frustrating! I guess I should just start calling tho.

Cer - how did the weigh in go?

Ceridwen
06-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Wellll.... I was down to 193! Even with TOM, so yay!

And this is strange, but do any of you ever have dreams about binging/over eating? Last night I dreampt that I just started eating and eating and when I woke up I had to sit and think for a long time to understand it wasn't real and that, no, I couldn't gain the 15 pounds back that I have lost so far. It was very strange.
I hope everyone has a good day! I am moving on saturday so I guess I should start packing, lol.

sotypical
06-21-2006, 02:52 PM
woooo congrats on the lose!!!!

have fun packing! we are starting to move next weekend :D

Stevi-rocks
06-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Nice to hear someone else has wacky dreams. I have dreamt I ruined my diet and felt like all was lost, I was so depressed! (in the dream) I've also dreamt about eating all sorts of sweets. I haven't had one in a while though.

Rosario
06-22-2006, 10:29 AM
stevi-i love that pic in yor signature. so cute!!!!

coutnie-yay for moving out!!! you must be superexcited and having a blast. my IL's are moving out of my apt soon so I'll have my apt back. woo hoo!!! hooray for buying houses!!!!

sotypical
06-22-2006, 10:36 AM
woooo for your own space! If you wanna move to BC I have a basement suit for rent, haha

On the topic of crazy dreams, I have some really weird ones. For example, sometimes I have them about my fish tank, and about all the water leaking out and fish flapping around - or jumping out of the tank, haha. I just have weird dreams in general.

SwimGirl
06-22-2006, 01:17 PM
I always have weird dreams too! Last night I had a dream that I had a dream I called a girl I've been fighting with lately, and then in my dream I was telling her about my dream. It was pretty wacky, heh.

Tomorrow is my weigh in day! I've been watching my portions and wheat, and also have been exercising, so I'm hoping it'll be a good one. TOM starts next week tho!

-Aimee

PS - I decided to weigh in today, since I work late tonight and early tomorrow, and I'm down 1 pound!! :)

Ceridwen
06-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Congrats on the loss SwimGirl!!

Ugh, yesterday I did a pretty intense workout and then later I had a three and a half hour dance rehearsal! Boy, it was intense, but it is funny because I totally didn't realise how much time had gone by because I was having so much fun. Needless to say, I am little sore right now :D Oh well! It means I am getting stronger. Yay!

Have a lovely day ladies!

--Ceri

royalsfan1
06-22-2006, 05:24 PM
My wierd dreams typically revolve around cleaning my house (I've got some OCD tendancies...to say the least!). My most recent is going upstairs and discovering a bathroom I didn't realize we had...and therefore had not been cleaning. I woke up totally agitated! hahaha!

SwimGirl
06-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Ceri - I don't know how you are walking!! That sounds like a long day! Still, I'm sure you got reallllllly good workouts in :)

I decided to get on my scale this morning to confirm yesterday's weigh in.. turns out I am down TWO pounds! Yay :) 2 down 8 to go for this challenge!

-Aimee

sotypical
06-23-2006, 01:12 PM
Congrats Aimee, you are off to a GREAT start. The no wheat is really working for you!

Ceridwen
06-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Yay!! Good job Aimee! :D

I am moving this weekend and will not have access to a kitchen to cook for a few days, so do you guys have any tips on healthy take out food or for super easy meals on the go? I don't want to succumb to McDonald's burgers!!

Have a good weekend ladies...

--Ceri

sotypical
06-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Subway! 6 inch!! Try and stay away from cheese and dressing! Or their salads are really good too!

Stevi-rocks
06-23-2006, 02:29 PM
Yay Aimee! Great job on those 2 pounds!
I was gonna say subway as well!

Rosario
06-23-2006, 03:52 PM
So, lately I have just been lurking because I have been a very bad girl with food and excercise. I just haven't been into it. I'm going to use this weekend to sort out my priorities and work something out that I can stick too. I was thinking of heading over to a WW meeting on Sunday, but I'm not sure if that's the way I want to go. But no matter what I just want to say You guys have all been doing so well and you all are really my inspiration so I want to thank you for that.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

SwimGirl
06-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Rosario - it really is a hard thing to get into it, it's odd, for me it's just kinda snapped. I know I've set more realistic goals, 1 pound a week, and I also realized that it's the summer, I can't restrict EVERYTHING! I pick and choose what and where I have things. I wish you the best of luck, sometimes taking time off, even for a weekend without really thinking about it really helps. You will figure it all out :)

Thanks gals :) I'm SO happy to break that 230 pound mark! It was some crazy barrier I wasn't able to cross for some reason, but here I am!! :) I got on my friends scale last night, fully dressed WITH a sweater around my waist, either way, her scale said 15 pounds more than mine. For now I'm going to pretend that I didn't see it, but what if my scale is wrong and I weigh more? That kinda freaks me out!!

K, we are off to the beach today.. have a good one gals :)

-Aimee

love1384
06-24-2006, 03:01 PM
3 pounds down!!!!!!:carrot: ... 7 MORE TO GO

" AINT NO STOPPING US NOW " ... congrats to all the "big losers" soon to be winners:carrot: :carrot:

brookypooh
06-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi ladies Well I know I am joing a little late for the July 10th challange but I would still like to try anyways any weight lost is a good thing for me so why not right! Oh well I hope to get in more things like this to help me get off my butt and lose the weight i got a long way to go today is my first day!!

Jtjoray
06-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey ladies....been gone for awhile. Computer is still down. I'm down to 199 pounds. YAH! Finally in OneDerland. So that's 4 pounds down and 6 more to go untill the 10th. Hopefully I can do it. I just got off TOM so hopefully more will come off next week. Good luck everyone.

Stevi-rocks
06-26-2006, 02:07 AM
HELLLLOOOO!!! Where is every body?? I'm all alone. It feels so cold in here....

Jtjoray
06-26-2006, 03:06 AM
Im here!!! I've been pretty bad this week. Not only was I on TOM but it was my vacation. Oh well. I still worked out everyday. Didnt lose but didnt gain. Im not too upset.

Stevi-rocks
06-26-2006, 03:14 AM
Hey Jtjorey! You've been missed. When is you puter getting fixed or is it already??? I have stalled...damn it! Today I went off plan (nothing crazy) and started my dance work out dvd. See if that'll do it. What did you do when you'd hit a slow spot?

Angel33
06-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Good Morning Girls,

So last week I was just a lurker too. Needless to say I had a horrible week last week. Monday was okay but by Tuesday (my weigh in day) I was disappointed to have no loss for the third week in a row.
I was so discouraged and angry with myself. I was so ready to just throw in the towel and give up. No matter what I did and could not get out of this rut. I was crabby all week, work was crazy and I just felt YUCKY all week.
To be honest I was a little embarrased. I totally felt like everyone else was doing so well and I didn't want anyone to be disappointed in me.
Well I'm glad to say that the weekend was fantastic for me. It helped to pick myself up and brush myself off and keep going. I also realized that being part of 3FC and chatting with all of the wonderful people has also helped me. I guess I need to learn to still post, even when things aren't going so well.
So I guess I'm back. I have reset up some of my goals so that they are a little more realistic. I think maybe that was some of the problem. When I started back in February. I got a 2006 calendar and wrote down all of my weight goals for the rest of the year. I was counting on the fact that I would lose 2-2.5 pounds a week. Well I quickly found out that it doesn't work that way.
Well thanks for letting me vent and for being there when I need a pick me up.
So here's to a new start and I'll cross my fingers for tomorrows weigh in.

Have a great Monday!

Talk to you later.

Stevi-rocks
06-26-2006, 12:17 PM
I'm feelin' ya Angel. I haven't seen a loss for over a week. Doesn't sound like much but I was on a roll!! You've lost 25 lbs in 4 months so that's great! Sometimes I get a little too inflexible about the whole thing and be really strict regarding my intake, sabotoges your metabolisim after a bit I geuss. So I'm changing things and going from there. I had a really big loss week before last (5.5lbs!) so maybe thats it. Doesn't matter..we just keep pluggin' along.
Oh I have news!! I quit my job completely. YAY! I was going to work week ends but I was dreading going back so much and complaining to DH he finally said "So don't go" I was a little scared at first but I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm just used to having my own finances. So I am ofically a SAHM...for now anyway. I had intended on looking for work at a different company anyway. I've worked for this one for 7 years. I'm not going to miss it though!:)

sotypical
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
No loss this week, but thats my own fault! haha

gigis
06-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents on the great puppy debate!! My family raised Boston Terriers for a long time, they are Super Cute, but beware the TONS of hair that they shed all over!! I'd like to recommend what we have, a Miniature Schnauzer. My family also raised them while I was growing up, and I love mine tons. They are very smart, learn commands pretty easily (and little tricks!) and super sweet. And BIG Bonus...they don't shed!! They are great house dogs, ours is alone all day while we're at work and does fine. When she was younger, she did like to take off on us, chasing something or other and we had to try to always take her out on a leash, but she's pretty good now about sticking around. When I was in labor with my first baby, we were getting ready to go to the hosp. and she got out and disappeared, here I am walking around the neighborhood calling for her while having contractions! (Could've killed her that day!!) But she's been really good with our kids too, for all the abuse she puts up with and has never gotten mean or snippy with them. (The kids all loved to pull on her beard when they were babies!)
Also, Westies are another of my faves, they don't shed either!!

Good luck deciding!---Gina

gigis
06-26-2006, 04:03 PM
And not the good kind! I think I posted under the wrong thread!! I was reading one where Courtnie was talking about getting a puppy...somehow I ended up posting here...don't think its the right thread now. So anywho, in case any of you were wondering about what kind of dog to get, now you have my 2 cents too!!! Sorry!!--gina

sotypical
06-26-2006, 05:49 PM
It is in tons of threads! Thanks! I know the Bostons like to shed, haha. I have been looking at Westies, they are soooo cute.

I am starting to think I want a big dog, that is why I am having such a hard time. I am a big dog person, I want a dog to take swimming, camping, etc. I love labs and boxers. Another dog is the Shiba Inu they can be hard to find but there is a breeder in my town. They are a "big dog in a small dog body" they sound cool, but they shed lots and lots, haha. I just have to get my boyfriend to want a lab or a boxer and then I know what I want, haha.

Rosario
06-26-2006, 05:58 PM
gina-ah, don't worry about it. i think we were talking about dogs in this thread too. it's so hard to keep track lol.

stevi-wow, big step quitting your job. but it must feel so good to get to stay at home with the kids. I'm sure everything will be fine. good luck!!

angel-good job not giving up. we all need a pick me up (and boy have I ever needed one) the thing is to not ever give up. Like you, I have to start over and rearrange goals and all. but now I feel better because I am not so overwhelmed by all the pounds I was supposed to have lost. I know you got it in you to the best you can do!!

Aimee--awesome, awesome job!! now you've left me all alone in the 230's.

courtnie-chin up girl!!

Welcome Brook!!!

I haven't had any loss either but i wasn't expecting one. THis week I am back on track with excercisng and eating right. Let's hope this week is a good one for all of us!!!

Jtjoray
06-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Whenever I stall I really take a look at what Ive been eating and see if it could be that. If it's not what Im eating then I change my work outs alittle. Sometimes your body gets tired of the same old thing all the time.

sotypical
06-26-2006, 07:32 PM
I KNOW it is what I have been eating. So I have a new plan!

Stevi-rocks
06-27-2006, 01:16 AM
All right, I have stepped up the exercise. Today I power walked 3 miles then did weight training. (On top of all the usual running around!) Tomorrow I am going to do pilates. I figure something everyday except Sunday will get things in motion. Its definetly not the food. I change stuff around but stay within my calories, carbs and fat intake. I did go off plan for a day regarding carbs though. I had a few more calories but not many. I'm on a time line!! 1st gig on July 22nd and new professional photos in 4 weeks...yikes!
The kiddies are very cute! My 1st born just looked at me and said "Bye Mommy!" like nothin' and ran off to class his 1st day of head start. I'm the one who cryed!!!
Courtnie, I have to tell you, my sister has a boxer and OMG are they the cutest puppy ever but now he is freekin' huge ( like 75 lbs huge!!)! I feel bad for the poor guy because they need alot of exercise to burn off all that energy and he simply doesn't get it. So he retaliates by destroying her yard daily. She has given up on plants and stopped trying to fill the holes. He needs training as well he is such a clod.

SwimGirl
06-27-2006, 01:46 PM
I need to step it up this week too, 14 days left! Yikes! How is time going SO fast??

-Aimee

sotypical
06-27-2006, 02:11 PM
I need to step up too :(

Stevi - 75 pounds is nothing! my dad has a boxer lab and he is like 125! haha best dog in the world tho. My yellow lab is 75, he isn't tha big, just round haha

Stevi-rocks
06-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok, hopefully its over. I'm down a pound this morning.

Angel33
06-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Okay girls here's to stepping it up a notch.:cheers:

Hopefully my plateau is over as well. I too lost one pound.
Slow and steady. We'll all get there.

SwimGirl
06-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Sign me up for your plateau's!! heh.. Your plateau's are like my entire weight loss... lol.

Stevi-rocks
06-28-2006, 07:41 PM
Where IS everybody??huh?! HHHHEEELLLOOOOOO!!!! (~insert echo~):D
Anyhow, I have taken my walking routine to a whole other level. I added ten pound weights to each leg and five pounders to my arms....PHEW! It made a huge difference in the cartio and the different muscle groups worked. I liked it. More bang for your buck, KWIM? Going out to dinner tonight, should be fine...Outback Steakhouse. So I'll have Filet mignon and veggies. Hope everybody's feelin' fine!

Jtjoray
06-29-2006, 01:33 AM
I got a really bad sunburn on my legs so wont be working out for a few days. Im getting some pretty bad swelling! Darn it!

Angel33
06-29-2006, 09:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Ouch JT-That sucks. I go burned a couple of weeks ago and was miserable. May I suggest buying some Aloe gel and then put in the refrigarator. I put it on in the morning and before bed. It made it feel a 100% better and I didn't peel either which was good. Hate that. Feel better.

Stevi-WTG on changing up your workout routine. That makes my legs and arms hurt just hearing about it.

Courtnie, Aimee and Rosario-Hope you guys are all doing okay!

Talk to you soon.

Rosario
06-29-2006, 10:03 AM
JT-ouch. do put some aloe vera gel on it, like Angel said. It helps lots.

Angel-how are u doing??

Stevie-wow. that's 30 pounds you are carrying around. funny, that's almost the same as the weight you've lost. is it easier now or harder for you carrying that extra weight around?? i bet it feels great knowing that those 30 pounds are coming off at teh end of your workout.

I'm scared! The scale keep saying 235. I am waiting for Monday to use as my actual WI day, but it's pretty discouraging. Especially since I am working out. I think it's the food that's killing me. It is way less than before, but it's still a little more than what I should be eating. Got to work on that one!!

See ya around! :wave:

Stevi-rocks
06-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Rosario~ I was thinking that as well...but more along the lines of geez, I had to carry this much more weight. YUCK!;)
Angel~ Ya know its not that hard. It wasn't super easy or anything (especially the 1st time!) but I can't go more than 2 miles yet. I'm working toward 3 miles. I may split it 1 1/2 twice, once in the morning and then again in the evening.
Jt~ Sorry about the burn, I just got one last week. I hate the sun's affects on my skin...I'm so fair!
Have a great day!!

Ceridwen
06-30-2006, 01:54 AM
Hey Ladies!
I finally have internet back after the move! The place is a mess and it feels like the mountain of boxes will never get smaller no matter how many we unpack! I managed to get to the gym once or twice but I am getting a very good workout with all of the moving and cleaning as it is. I also managed to eat well, yay.
It seems like everyone is just truckin' along here...good job! Ack I want to weigh myself but I can't remember where I packed the scale, ooops.

JT - when I was in the caribbean I got an awful burn and I found a type of aloe you can buy in the drug store that has a topical numbing agent in it and it saved my life!! Blissful relief :)

Yay long weekend coming up!!

--Ceri

brookypooh
07-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Ok so I just thought I would check in and see how everyone was doing with the ten by the 10th. so far I have lost 5lbs I hope that I can keep going on this path so I can actually lose the 10 by then!!! I hope all of you are doing well good luck and keep pushing!!!

Jtjoray
07-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Well Im happy to say after my week of vacation eating not so well and then my sunburn and not being able to work so I havent gained any weight. I was soo scared to get on the scale afraid it was say I gained, but I did and it actually said I was 1.5 pounds lighter. I'm not going to change my ticker because I want to be sure about it. Hope everyone else is doing good.

Stevi-rocks
07-03-2006, 02:35 AM
This thread has DIED.

Jtjoray
07-03-2006, 02:48 AM
I think so too!!! Where is everyone?!?!?!

Jtjoray
07-03-2006, 02:49 AM
Well how are you doing Stevi? I'm only down 4 pounds. 6 more to go. I've got to bust a move!

Stevi-rocks
07-03-2006, 03:01 AM
I have 4 more to go but its been a slow road for almost two weeks. 1 lb in two weeks is no bueno...Good job on your vacation!

sotypical
07-04-2006, 02:23 PM
I am down to 187 for a loss of 1.4. Making my total 3.6! eeeps, guess I won't be making this challenge again :(

Rosario
07-05-2006, 10:32 AM
hey guys!!!

wow, this challenge went by soooo quick!! 5 more days!! I haven't got a chance to weigh myself yet this week, but i will definitely do so when I get home tonite.

JT-that's awesome that you didn't gain on your vacation. i have been off these past couple of days and am a bit reluctant to see what the scale says. did you go anywhere fun??

stevie-hey 4 more pounds to go is not at bad at all. i hope it is all off by the time the 10th rolls around.

do you guys think we should keep this challenge going or should we just retire it?? or maybe change the goal so it isn't 10 pounds by the tenth. I kind of like having a high goal to aim for, though. that way it keeps me motivated (allthough I have yet to meet one). let me know what you guys think because I am in for 10 by august 10th!!

hope everyone had an awesome holiday!!

Stevi-rocks
07-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Forgot to weigh this morning, but if its not an outstnding loss I don't have a prayer of making the challenge. Not many people could/should lose 4lbs in 5 days (unless its water). I'm not so sure the thread is going to survive....in the past 2 weeks it has been really dead.

sotypical
07-05-2006, 02:03 PM
I am always up for this challenge. Even tho I have yet to ever make it. Maybe we should make it longer or smaller? Most people have a hard time losing 2 pounds a week. I think maybe lots of people are getting discouraged and that's why the thread is dying. I also think with the holidays that people are gone away, with the long weekend and it being summer and everything.

rebelridergirl
07-05-2006, 07:12 PM
I know that it's pretty late to start now, but if you have another challenge for next month I'll join up. I need a challenge! I have really been faltering lately...

Stevi-rocks
07-05-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm down 1.5 lbs this morning. Bout TIME! I have been busting hump.

Rosario
07-06-2006, 05:25 PM
stevie--woohoo!!

looks like our little thread is winding down to nothing :( aww, gals, I think it's time to retire and let the other challenges take over.

Stevi-rocks
07-06-2006, 05:36 PM
Rebelgirl~ Go to the 'New Challenge Who's With Me' thread..its really active and the women are super nice.

rebelridergirl
07-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks, Stevi!

Jtjoray
07-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry....havent been on much. I've been really busy with work and the family and all. My diet/exercise hasnt been that great the last 2 or 3 weeks. Today I started full throtle again. We will see how that goes. I have only lost 4 pounds since this challenge started. I have another 6 pounds by the 10th. Dont think I'll make this one. But at least I didnt gain right? Lol. I've got to bust my butt alittle more.

Stevi-rocks
07-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Jt~ Go to the 'New Challenge Who's With Me' thread...I miss you!

Jtjoray
07-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Where is it at Stevi?

Jtjoray
07-11-2006, 03:02 AM
Hey...so we are done for good?

Rosario
07-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I think so....

It's been fun, but the time has come to retire the fat girl challenge.

Good luck to everyone. See you around the other challenges.

sotypical
07-11-2006, 04:50 PM
oh yah, yesterday was the 10th! I think I had a total loss of like 3.6 pounds, man its getting worse and worse :( And now, I will never be able to say I made one! *sniff*