Carb Counters - Weekly Chat// June 12-18

View Full Version : Weekly Chat// June 12-18

lady_adnerb
06-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Well, as usual it's "do-over" day. Not only do I have to re-do induction...but I'm also cutting out the soda. I'm hoping I can make it through the day with everything I want to get done w/out the headaches or other "side effects" that usually come with this. But I've GOT to get a handle on my WOE...so decided on a "NO EXCUSE" restart. Because there truly IS no excuse for the junk I've eaten. Not when there IS LC options/alternatives. So today is restart for me :)

RobinW
06-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Brenda~ me too, Im right beside you!!

Ive been stressed out, and down quite a bit. Dd has been at her dad's and Im missing her something fierce!! But I cant let that take hold of me, and keep me fat!! So today is all about control! I will have control today, and have a successfull 1st day of induction. Eating.....omg, my eating has been absolutely horrid!

:cheers: here's to a great day ladies!

BrownEyedJ
06-12-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi ladies, I'm back. I've been kind of flip-flopping all over the place because I just couldn't get in the right mindset for dieting. I even tried WW again but I was starving so I decided to start induction...again, today. So far so good. I am going to try really hard this time, I want to stick with it for two weeks as Brenda suggested before and then decide if I can do it for the long term. I have been gaining so I have to jump in and do something now before my weight really gets out of control. I know I can do this, no more excuses !

Hope eveyone has a great day !

Rayyne
06-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Hiya everyone!

Well, this is week 2 for me and my DH. We had one off-plan meal yesterday and I don't feel that badly about it. I can't possibly go forever without a "treat" here and there and one meal isn't going to do me in... but, as DH and I both agreed... not having a treat every now and again might make us quit. So we discussed it and decided once a week we can treat ourselves, but we can't have any of our major weaknesses for a month (mine is sugar... ice cream to be specific... his is potato chips and other junk food) that way perhaps we will have removed some of our "addiction" to these items. Today our eating is back on plan and I'm feeling great. I'm incorporating exercise in this week and, while I want to go all out and start strong... I know that I'll get tired and sore and quit if I do. so... baby steps for me.

Brenda: Good luck breaking the soda habit! I quit caffeine in October and it was tough!

Robin: So sorry you're missing your dd... good luck getting back on plan!

BrownEyed good luck to you as well!!!!

lilybelle
06-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi everyone. I am with you Brenda, I had a bad weekend on my food intake. Especially Saturday. We were at the lake and I had a sandwich on regular bread. ( I never eat any bread). Things just escalated and I had watermelon too. I passed on the chips. I know I am sabotaging myself the closer I get to my goal. Why do I do this? I have worked so hard. I am back to my program this morning and won't weigh til Thursday. I was going to walk on treadmill last night but was in too much pain from my liver disease that I couldn't do it. I am feeling better now so will walk early today and not save it for tonite. I have my rash again all over my back, shoulders, under-arms and hips and it is driving me nuts. I went up on my prednisone and I know it is making me so much hungrier. Everytime I break out (every 2 or 3 months) and have to increase the steroids, I don't lose any weight for a while. This is so frustrating with being so close to goal.Oh well, I've came this far so I'm not going to let it win, I will eventually get to my goal.

lady_adnerb
06-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Robin: When's DD going to be home? Did you go to the gym last night?

Janice: My sister tried talking me into doing WW again. Told her I was always hungry and she couldn't figure out why. Hmm..cuz we're not the same and what works for her doesn't me? How'd you do yesterday?

Rayne: Definitely baby steps. I love baby steps. Good luck on the exercise and sounds like you all have a great plan in place :)

Lily: Your discipline is AWESOME! I'm hoping when I'm as close to goal (again) that I can keep up with this WOE.

Good news....I ate OP (strict induction) and drank ALL my water. I did have a couple sips of soda yesterday afternoon. So that wasn't too bad. Could have had the whole thing. Whenever I felt "hungry" I went and had a piece of cheese. So hoping that takes care of the other "issue" I always had with this WOE :lol: So day 1 for me was a success. Probably won't get exercise into the equation until Wednesday. :wave: hi everyone

RobinW
06-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Good Morning

Brenda~ sounds like you had a great 1st day! Dd will be back in 15 more days....but who's counting? :lol:

Rayyne~ Its nice to have someone to do this with....keep up the great work!

Yesterday's eating wasn't perfect....well it was up until about 9pm. So I'll work on that today, and getting in all my water. I need to dig out my "water jug". I only have to fill it 2x, and I know Ive had my water for the day. Ive been so lazy about it. I know that if I dont get all my water in, then the rest of it doesnt follow. So I have to smarten up! :kickbutt:

Ive been working in dd's bedroom while she has been at her dads. We moved the office around again, and dd specifically told me she wanted the room we first moved the office into. But didnt tell us until after we moved everything. So we've moved again, into her old room, and she has the new "smaller" room. But funny thing is, she has more play space in the smaller room than in the old one. She called me and told my dh, that mom is in charge of moving her room! :lol: I had to make it cool!! Talk about pressure! So its a more grown up, and not frilly purple and pink like her old one. We'll see, I'll let you all know how she liked it .....we may be going shopping when she gets here :lol:

Ive got a wicked headache today....no doubt from the sugar withdrawals :( I suspect they will last a while....I havent been very good at all lately.

:cheers: to another op day.....have a good one.

lilybelle
06-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Brenda, I am happy to see that you are back on track with induction. Maybe that 's what I need to do. Good luck.

needtolose4me2
06-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Good day all!

Well I think I may be back in the swing of things. Did a kind of modified fast for 2 days 3 servings of eggs and 2 servings macadamia nuts. (just couldn't do ALL eggs!) lost 2 lbs in 2 days and now another pound already has come off since Sunday weigh in. I hope and pray that I'll get this weight coming off at a steady pace again. I still have 11 pounds to go for the firecracker challenge. I really want to make it. This is the first challenge that Ihave decided to do. I also joined in the exercise challenge and that has changed me! Thanks for that Susan! It took about a week of MAKING myself get up and do it and now I look forward to it and believe me Inever thought I would look forward to exercise!

Brenda - Good to hear that things are coming together for you again!!

RobinW - That's sweet. How old is your daughter? I would miss mine just as much in that situation! It must be tough but it's nice that she has both of you. Try to tough it out through the withdrawl and you'll beback to smooth sailing!

Janice - I hope your induction is going well. Or as well as can be expected! remember that that is the worst of it! Once you pass this it will become very easy for you. Good luck!

Rayne - Try to stick to the induction as much as possible. This is really the only time that you shouldn't cheat no matter what. Once your body gets going with this WOE then I think a small cheat here and there you can get away with!

Lillybelle - COngratulations on your strength and optimism! Especially when your heath is not at it's best! Most people would probably just through in the towel! You're going to make it and soon! I'd bet on it!

Have a good day all!
Maggie

lilybelle
06-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks Brenda and Maggie, the support and encouragement here is what keeps me going. Good luck to you both.

lady_adnerb
06-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Robin: Wow! I'd miss my kids like crazy if they were gone that long also. Then again, can't imagine my kids WANTING to go away that long. They're "kind of" clingy :lol: How's the headache?

Lily: You're so close to goal, I think starting over wouldn't do much, do you? Isn't there only so far you can push your body before you've got to say hey, it'll drop in time?

Maggie: You sound like me w/the exercise. I just have to make myself get up and do it. Once I've done it I'm fine---it's just getting the ambition to do it. WTG on the pounds lost!! Keep up the great work!!

Well, yesterday was an Ok day. I had LC bread because I made BLT's for supper and wasn't thinking. I'm ok with it though. I'm in a bit of a "pickle" though. Strawberry season is coming FAST!! And tonight we'll be getting some strawberries from a friend of DH's. I know they're not on induction--but they are healthy. So I'm thinking of adding some of those to my food list. I drank ALL the required water yesterday and I'm feeling better. Not bloated and "feel" like I've lost weight. The scale hasn't said so, but I don't really care about that. It's how I FEEL that I'm going by :) Besides, my shorts aren't as tight today :lol: Time to go drink some water :)

slimminginohio
06-14-2006, 11:37 AM
First time chatting... hi everyone.

Well this is week 3 of Atkins and it doesn't even feel like a diet. Food is almost a non-issue and more like a task than anything. I eat eggs/bacon for breakfast, chicken/salad for lunch and meat/veggie for dinner. I am rarely hungry in between so I rarely snack. The meals are so boring, I am rarely excited about eating (I guess that can be a good thing) and I don't crave anything nor do I really have much of an appetite. It's just so weird to me because I used to love to eat and now nothing...
Anyway, I'm staying on induction level carbs for awhile, I may add some nuts, who knows. I lost 11 lbs the first two weeks and then only 2 lbs the 3rd week. I'm now solidly into my size 14's starting at size 18. I also bought a size 14 swimsuit to wear next week on vacation. Besides Dh no one has commented on my weightloss even though I've lost 21 lbs and am down 2 sizes. I'm sort of bummed about that. I was at least expecting my mom to mention it...she sure does when I'm up so why not when I'm down? Wearing clothes is getting difficult because I never know what will fit me. Some things are hanging off and others are still too tight. Luckily I have everything from size 10-18 in my closet. I'm just really ready to lose my stomach. On a o.t. note, I used Nair hair removal on my face and it burned my skin off... Nice :devil: No wonder no one comments on my weight loss, I look like a burn victim...

SIO

lilybelle
06-14-2006, 01:42 PM
SIO, 21 lbs. is fantastic. You should be so proud. Congratulations on the size 14's . That is great. I know what you mean about no one noticing. I had to lose 30 lbs. before anyone really noticed.
Brenda, yes today I feel like just waiting and letting the weight slowly come off. This varies from day to day. I'm doing all I can and trying to force it obviously hasn't helped a bit. I am at 25 carbs and getting plenty of exercise. Maybe a colonic could help? LOL

Idealperson
06-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Hello all! I am in week 10 of low carbing...I've had a few slips-no excuses. This WOE is the best that I have found, I can always find something to eat at parties and buffets, I feel full and satisfied, I sleep well and I don't have heartburn.

Today I am eating almonds for my snack and I took out fish for supper tonight.

BrownEyedJ
06-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi Everyone...well I started at it and it was going well and then I took the stomach flu yesterday so I've been home from work the last couple of days and couldn't even think about eating meat so I've been just picking at whatever. Maybe I'm not meant to lose this weight:mad:...no I'm not going to go there, I will get back into it, fell off the wagon so I'll just jump back on sooner or later it's going to stick and the weight will fall off. Glad to hear others are doing well. I think I'll get through the rest of today and see how I feel tomorrow. I can do this and I will !

lilybelle
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
Janice, you can do it. The weight will come off. Just hop right back on here with the rest of us. Good luck.

RobinW
06-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Good Morning

Maggie~ dd is 9....going on 29!!! :lol:

Janice~ Ive been rolling around in the mud under the flippin wagon.....maybe we can help each other get back on and stay there?

Anyone know anything about networking a desktop and a laptop together thru the wireless card? I spent 3.5 hrs yesterday on it, and had to reset both computers :( nothing worked properly!!

Unless I have specific instructions Im not going to attempt it again...I have too much to do. Yesterday was a completely wasted day :(

Off to get busy....and do my best to get op and stay there!

lady_adnerb
06-15-2006, 10:24 AM
SIO: Sorry to hear about your Nair experience but Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the great work!

Lily: not sure what a colonic is but it sounds painful! Keep up what you've been doing and you'll be at goal in no time :)

IP: You have an awesome attitude! I like the "always can find something to eat at parties" comment. Reminds me I CAN find something to eat IF I want at parties. Thanks!!!

Janice: Hope you feel better soon. If you want, we can duct tape you to the wagon :)

Robin: sorry, can't help the wireless situation. I'm wired--and had a guy come in to do THAT also. Hope you get it figured out soon! Maybe there's a tech guy around you somewhere that could help for cheap? Check out the colleges or even the high schools (I know they're out for the summer). Those kids are tech smart!! Good luck!

Well, added a few strawberries yesterday and other than that, was OP (induction wise). Seeing how strawberry season doesn't last long here I figured I best enjoy them while I could get them DH kept trying to sidetrack me with offers of Subway and stuff like that but I told him he could go--I wasn't going to. I've not stepped on the scale yet today (got to sleep in a little longer) but I'm still ok with whatever it says. I know I've got to work exercise in one of these days. But I spent yesterday wrapping up the Girl Scout stuff. Getting everything ready to hand in---and closing that portion of my life. :) Time to start my day.

lady_adnerb
06-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Forgot to mention that TOM is coming this week. ACK!!!!!!!!!

LoriAS
06-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Ok, hello after long last. I signed into Daily goals and have accomplished one...lol. I remembered how to change my avatar and signature. Woohoo!

Ok, I'm going to work on the others and getting caught up with what everyone has been doing!

Talk to you soon

MsChris
06-15-2006, 11:23 AM
I have been off on a binge for the last few days. Life has been crazy around me and I let my emotional distress dictate my eating. Thank goodness I did halfway right, as I haven't gained the 9 pounds back. Trying to get my butt back in gear. I have 11 pounds to go on my firecracker challenge, and if I can just get back on program, I know I can lose it. I don't have a lot of time for personals, but you all are in my thoughts, and a quick :wave: to all the new inductees that I haven't spoken to before now.

lilybelle
06-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Brenda, I would never really do a colonic, it's like a huge enema with a tube the size of a garden hose. No thanks, LOL. I am officially not weighing again til next Thursday. Seeing a daily weight just doesn't help me and makes me frustrated. I am greatly improved on my exercise and this should help in the long run. My big goal was to be at 145 by my one yr. anniversary on Atkins, but I am not gonna make it. That's June 24th. The rate I am going now, I think I'll change this goal to be 145 by Thanksgiving. Good luck to everyone else and hoping we all can stay on program and exercise.

needtolose4me2
06-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi all

Did a lot of exercising and moving furniture today. I feel sore already!
I started out cleaning out a drawer in my bedroom. I went from that to switching all my drawers around to figuring our that I didn't need that extra dresser anyway so I might as well move it to the basement, to gee, now my room is off balance I need to rearrange all the furniture to , oh wait I do have a few things and don't know whre to put them. AHh the closet! I go to the closet. hmm no room, well maybe if I just clean ONE shelf! Needless to say my whole closet got ripped apart.
On the bright side I have 3 bags of big size clothes for the salvation army!

Robinw - Mine is 9 too! I know how you feel. All of a sudden she needs her sunglasses and pocket book to go out and is so into things I never imagined that she would be so soon! IT's scarey!

Brenda - I'm with you on the strawberries! If I have them I have about 4 cut them in quarters to seem like more and have some heavy cream with them. I don't think it's all that bad. But this past week. I've given up just about everything to get back on track.

LoriAS - It took me a while too! Good luck on the plan! hope to hear from you again!

Mschris -- I have 11 pounds to go for the callenge too! It's going to be hard. I was losing good up until I joined that challenge then nothing for weeks. Ihave just started losing this last week or so. I dont' know it I can do it. But I'm giving it my all.

Lillybelle - I know one of these days you're going to suprise us with those last few pounds. You are doing everything you could! Isn't that when it's most frustrating though? Like me being stuck for weeks. If I was screwing up and going off plan or not exercising I wouldn't complain. but when you're working you butt off for it and NOTHING! argh!!! hang in there!

Ms Spotdog
06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
*whew* I'm glad you told us you were just joshin' us, Lillybelle! LOL - I was getting worried about ya, thinking 'That can't be too safe what with her health concerns'. I mostly lurk (have been around for ages) but come out and comment when I feel I just GOTTA say something when someone is doing something really 'out there'!

Kel

lilybelle
06-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Lol, thanks, I did see the people on Celebrity Fit Club having a colonic to lose weight. I think that is pretty desperate, I'm not quite there yet. I am doing all I can to lose weight. 25 or fewer carbs a day, drinking lots of water and exercising daily. I think my body and mind are tired and taking a break. The rest will eventually come off. I swam so much today that I'm sore, but it was great fun. I took 4 teens (all 14) to the lake for the day. You know, I'm not even embarassed in that swimsuit anymore, and that is new for me this summer. There was one gorgeous man there with his kids and he kept smiling at me. I'm married, but it doesn't hurt to look. TEHE

slimminginohio
06-16-2006, 02:02 PM
I finally got my first "you're losing weight" comment today from the Walgreens guy :carrot: . I can't believe I was so giddy about his comment but I was. It is just something else when someone other than Dh (who took an oath to lie) tells you you're losing weight and "looking good" were his exact words.

SIO

needtolose4me2
06-16-2006, 02:16 PM
SIO
:woo: :cheer:
Doesn't that feel just great?!
Good for you! Congratulations!
maggie

lilybelle
06-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone. I have to say that after whining that these last 3 lbs. won't come off, I am feeling better today. I put on my size 4 capris, and I can't keep them up. I can pull them off without unbuttoning them. So, even though no more lbs. off, the exercise is working and I am getting smaller. So, I'll quit whining now. Thanks for being there and listening to me while I was a whiner.

lilybelle
06-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I have my darling 2 yr. old grandson for the next 4 days. He'll keep me active. I had mentioned that his mom just had a baby 2 weeks ago, well she and her husband split up again yesterday. Don't know for how long it will last this time. They have been married 3 yrs. and have split up at least 6 times sometimes for 5 months at a time. Her and the new baby went to stay with her sister and I agreed to keep the 2 yr. old for a while. She's breastfeeding or I would have kept the baby too , just to give her break during all this stress. I wish she'd go ahead and divorce him while the kids are still young and get it over with. Plus, sue his butt for support. He told her yesterday to give the new baby up for adoption and that maybe she could handle raising just one child. What a thing to say to a brand new mom.

lady_adnerb
06-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Went strawberry picking yesterday and that was all I did. Got too blasted hot. Supposed to get in the 90's again today. The AC is running on full blast and have fans to help distribute it to the rest of the house. Might have to think about getting a 2nd one just to assist the first. And time to put the pool up. Didn't want to do that cuz I've gained too much wait for last years suits. UGH! Have a church picnic to go to today so hoping they have edible food. Well, not counting the fruit salad I'm bringing. I've been allowing fruit only because it's summer and I don't want to get burned out on the same stuff. So if the wait goes off slow, I'm ok with that. I'm still happy that I'm eating LC stuff (except the fruit. Which mixed fruit usually isn't an every day thing. Strawberries will be for a couple weeks. lol) and feeling healthier. Didn't get the water in only because I grabbed some Diet Lipton tea instead. Bought a bunch of bottled water to store in the fridge, so that I can just grab those now instead. Throw them in a cooler w/some ice and away I can go :) Ok...time to start my day :) Have a great weekend everyone and stay cool!

RobinW
06-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Good Morning

Lilly~ what a horrible thing to say to someone, let alone the mother of your new child!!!! I wish them all the best, and smooth going thru this stressful time. You, enjoy your grandson :D

SIO~ Yah!!!!!!!! its so nice when someone finally notices your efforts!! Congratulations! :dance:

Brenda~ hmmm, enjoy those strawberries!! Ive been buying them too, cutting them up and putting them right in the freezer. I dont want to limit my fruits this summer either. But, I need to get the rest of the eating under control before I venture into the fruit :lol:

Eating hasnt been good, but its getting sooooooooooooooo much better. I am aiming for a 100% perfect day today. Got all my water, and exercise in yesterday, ate op all day (until movie time) so today should be ok. Im not "crazy" craving sugar like I was last week :dizzy:

Have a great day everyone!!

Rayyne
06-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone!

Just checking in real quick and lettin ya'll know I"m still here! I got sooooo busy this week! Feeling GREAT though! I'm starting to get a bit burned out on the same veggies all the time but this next week I get to add 5 more carbs in so I should start to see some leeway in what I can eat now. I'm amazed at how non hungry I am anymore.... maybe it's because I'm tired of salads! lol
I hope everyone is doing great!

lilybelle
06-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone, it has been busy here with the 2 yr. old. He's really cute and pretty good most of the time. It has been fun but tiring. He fell asleep in his highchair at dinner tonite. Hope everyone is doing great. My eating has been really good for past 2 days, and exercise has been great. I'm so glad that I joined the June's exercise challenge. I needed it. Good luck all.

needtolose4me2
06-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Good Morning all!
I don't know if we do weekly chat on the weekends as well but I'm just feeling really great this morning because I'm down another 3 pounds!!
I think my stall is finallly over. Thanks to all who gave me the all the great advice!
I have also decided to measure (i do this about once a month) and these are my inches lost so far:
start now
arms 13.5 11.5 = 2" loss
chest 51 46 = 5
waist 43 38.5 = 4.5
hips 44 39 = 5
thigh 21 20 = 1

Equals 17.5 inches lost Since April 1

Anyone else know their measurement loss? This just got me interested now. I don't know if this is good or if perhaps it should havebeen more in all that time? Well I shouldn't get all caught up in it I guess. I feel pretty good. (need to lose more in my chest and face!) The sizes are going down so I should just concentrate on that.
well, off to that treadmill!

maggie

lilybelle
06-18-2006, 01:40 PM
WTG Maggie, looks like you are doing fantastic. Thanks for sticking with the exercise challenge with me, it helps to know we are both doing it regularly. Good luck. 3 lbs. is great, I hope I see a loss on Thursday when I weigh.

lady_adnerb
06-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Ok. Did good on Friday. Said no to eating out. Then played volleyball on Saturday which counts as exercise...but then ate junk. ARGH! Then followed it up with MORE junk today. My rings are getting too small for my fingers and my clothes are starting to not fit. Time to REALLY get serious about this weight loss!!! We bought "The High School Musical" and it has the bonus feature of teaching the dance steps..so I'm going to have my kids help me learn to dance. More water and back OP and dancing tomorrow. As they said on the show.....Gotta get my head in the game!!