Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-12-2006, 05:40 AM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default Just something that might help...

I know some of us are in deeper than others when it comes to our control issues, but this is something that has really helped me to eat healthily over the past couple of weekends. Weekends are a big DANGER area for me, but doing this seems to help.

1) Choose your goals, eg mine are: fit into wedding dress, weigh 10 stone (140), be 18% body fat, be a black belt, eat healthily at weekends

2) phrase it positively, so instead of "I won't eat junk food at weekends" write "I will eat healthily at weekends"

3) Put it into this sentence... "I am so happy and thankful now that I..... (fit perfectly into my wedding dress) (eat healthily at weekends) (am a black belt)

The reason it is in present tense is because the subconscious only really deals with the present tense. If you repeat this often enough it will sink into your subconscious and you will begin to act as if... (you already fit into your wedding dress).

I got this from the e-book Burn Fat Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. I was a little skeptical at first. I don't like goals, I'm not a big "touchy feely" person and I think things like this are a little strange. BUT I have been writing my list of goals down in the morning and in the evening for the past week or two and low and behold my weekend binging has quietened down.

Just something to try...
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

2Frus, that's great. Thanks for posting it! I should print that off...

Funny... I was thinking about my wedding dress last night. It's almost 18 years old, and I hate it, and I thought I was fat at the time. But there's no way I'd get in it now. Maybe I should hang the darned thing on the wall...
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote