Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 12:41 AM   #1  
Wild Texan!

S/C/G: 366.4/342.6/220

Height: 5'9"

Default Activity Points

I really don't get the activity points. I am 300+ and if I do light work out for 60 mins then I add 5 points to my daily allowance, right? But, I thought I heard my instructor not to add more then 3 points a day. Not sure if this is right. Can somebody clear this up for me, please?

Tanya
Old 06-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/171.6/139

I keep hearing different things from different posters about this. I figure if I've earned the points, I'm darn well gonna eat them if I'm hungry

According to the week 3 book (the one on exercise) the policy is somewhat ambiguous. Page 12 says all activity points count toward your weekly activity goal. Then you decide - Swap activity points values for food or don't swap to help boost weight loss. Page 14 says limit the points value to no more than an average of 4 per day.

However, the part on page 14 is emphasizing not to overdo it, not to exercise more just to be able to eat more. It also says if you are ready to earn more, consult a trainer, etc.

Nowhere do I see that it says you can't eat every point that you earn. Most of the time I eat fewer than I've earned. Although there are days I wish I had more

I guess this is like most everything else, try it one way for a few weeks and see how it's working for you. If you're not happy with the results, change things up and see if that works.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:47 AM   #3  

I thought there was a 4 point cap per day.

I have to tell you that if I actaully exercised more than 4 points and I wanted to use the points, I would. We each need to make these choices for ourselves.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

There is no cap on how many points you can earn or use. Terry is right when she indicates that it says 'AVERAGE OF 4 A DAY' but that is so you don't over exercise and hurt yourself or you don't over exercise just to over eat or comensate for overeating.

But be honest in how you determine your APs. Personally even thought I know that I truly am in the 'high heart rate' aka 'high intensity' I never take that many. I usually see what the points for both high and moderate are and take a happy medium.

I do use all of mine and they average between 3-5 a day.
Closed Thread