Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-10-2006, 07:17 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Default Hip Pain after Exercise

So, I've been doing Tae Bo for quite some time now. But my hips always hurt afterwards. I think it's more the muscle than the actual hip itself. I dislocated my right hip in a car accident back in 2001, but it's both hips that bother me. I think that they've always hurt after exercising, but more so with the Tae Bo.
I don't know what to do about it! I've had them xrayed and they're normal, so that's that. I just don't know if it's normal muscle pain or what. Actually, I don't know what I'm asking. I guess I'm just talking.
It sucks because I LOVE TaeBo! I just don't love the hip muscle pain/soreness!! I rub the side of my butt, by my hips afterwards and the day after and it feels oh so good! LOL
Maybe I'm not stretching enough afterwards. I don't know!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:26 AM   #2  

Try taking ibuprophen or an aspirin about half hour or so before you exercise and see if that helps. They are anti-inflammatories and may relieve the pain before it starts. I would also just get some heat patches or some heat style rubs and use it for awhile. If you have had them looked at, I don't think it is anything serious. Hope the aspirin helps! (NOT Tylenol, that won't work)
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:24 AM   #3  

Probably you need some special hip exercises to strengthen muscles weakened by the accident. Why not see a physical therapist? I injured a knee in an accident and years later, had some majot problems with it. The simple exercises I was given for my knee resolved the problem. It's better to have someone knowledgeable about anatomy, kinesiology and medicine recommend the right exercises for the problem than to guess yourself.

I'm not saying to stop the tae bo, just to add in some exercises for the hips. Of course, your physical therapist may have you hold off the tae bo for a short while, if it's necessary.
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I second the stretching and PT idea. I had the same problem when I just walked, and couldn't jog at all without pain. I think the exercises have really helped! Even if you can't go to a PT, there may be some exercises you can learn on your own...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote