Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-09-2006, 02:38 PM   #1  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

Exclamation Hmmm...Questions about Curves!

Lately, I havent been wanting to exercise at all. I really ever exercised until a couple of weeks ago, and for my exercise all I did was dance. Nothing but it. but now 14 days of dancing for an hour, Its like I want to try something new. I have NO exercise equipment AT ALL! N-O-N-E! No treadmil, no bikes, no dumbells, no exercise tapes, NOTHING! But about curves... I have questions.

Ok, Im 14 years old. Is that too young for curves? They wont make me like...do a kids program will they?

Of course I have to ask my mom about this. I think she'll go for it. Curves is only like 2 miles away, but how much is it? Its just me and her here so Its affordable right?

Do they have those...spinny....bikes that dont move there? (I feel so stupid that dont know what that means )

Thanks for all your help!

<3
Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #2  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Stephanie,

You and your mom can join together. It is 29 per person per month but I'm not sure if you get a discount if you and your mom join together. They do is a circle of machine. No treadmills no bikes. Go check out their site or have a tour at your local Curves.

Good Luck
mompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Curves accepts over 12, with your mom's permission. As stated, you could even get your mom to join with you. It is "generally" $29/mo...plus startup fee, per person. The monthly fee can vary just by a few bucks. IE: I've always paid $29, until my new location...which charges tax on memberships in their state. So now I pay $31 something. The startup fee can vary from $0 to $150. I got in on a half price special and paid $75. My mom joined a new Curves looking to build a membership, and so they waived the fee entirely.

Curves is a circuit of equipment that uses hydraulics. The faster you work the equipment, the harder it gets. New Curves usually start with 8 machines, but there are a total of 13...plus a stepper that replaces one of the recovery stations. If you have 13, you go around the circuit twice...to get about 30 minutes of exercise. We have 8 at our location and go around 3 times. My mom's location has 10 and goes around 2.5 times.

You get 30 seconds on each station. The stations are set so you do something to work one muscle group for 30 seconds, then you move to the next station which will be a recovery station. That means you can either stand, walk in place, jog, jumping jacks, dance, whatever. If your heart rate is too fast, you would stand and let it level out. If it's not fast enough, you might want to move around a bit. After 30 seconds of that, you move to the next station, which will be a machine that will work a different muscle group.

Check out www.curves.com. You can use one of the special promotions and try it out for 2 weeks: http://www.curves.com/about_curves/sponsorship.php

To get a glimpse of the type of equipment they use: http://www.curves.com/curves_right/thirty_minute.php
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote