Old 06-09-2006, 01:23 AM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Best WATP DVD's???

I want to buy a WATP DVD or two...but I don't know which one(s) to choose!!

I want something that is no longer than an hour, maybe one that has more than one workout? A short one when I want a short workout and a longer one for when I feel like working out longer...I want it to be effective though, and not too repetitive...maybe something that increases in intensity???? Any suggestions???

Also do they really work? Will I lose weight using them??
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:38 PM   #2  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I think your best bet would be a longer one that you could choose to only do part of. My recommendation would be the 5 mile because it also has 3 different 3 mile options plus a fast mile and a jogging mile (intervals). If you're a real beginner, then maybe the DVD that has the 1, 2 and 3 mile on it.

YES, you WILL lose weight if you do them consistently! I'm down 12 pounds since the first of the year with only moderate dietary changes.

If you go to collagevideo.com, you can see clips of a variety of WATP workouts, too.

Good luck!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #3  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I checked out collage video last night, and I was viewing the clips of some of them and I like:

Advanced 5 Mile Walk
Weight Loss Walk
Walk Away The Pounds Deluxe
Walk Away The Pounds Express
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #4  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I am looking forward to ordering the Advanced 5 Mile Walk...and YES, you can lose weight with them as long as you stick with it. I just love WATP.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I wouldn't recommend the 5 mile walk because its not consistent. She doesn't really care about heart rate elevation between miles. I'd suggest the Super challenge 4 mile walk. I think its more effective.
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #6  

I have the WATP Walk and Jog (1/2 hour equivelant to 2.5 miles) which is great because it includes the higher intensity intervals for greater calorie burning, but you can also just keep walking if you are not up to the jog intervals when you first start or if you don't want such a heavy workout.

The WATP Deluxe has been recommended to me by quite a few others as it has three different Walks - I'm hoping to get this one this week.

Michelle
move2lose is offline   Reply With Quote