Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #1  

Red face undecided

I am thinking of starting WW. I dont have the money to go to meetings,but i have all the info at home. So I will look around and read past topics and ask questions after that!
In the mean time how is it working for you?
Old 06-08-2006, 09:46 PM   #2  
Another Tammy

I love it. I'm not good at those other diets where you have to give things up or eat certain things. I'm a picky eater and I could never give up my breads so those just simply wouldn't work for me. I like WW because I can still eat what I want, just within reason. If I want something that's not so great for me or I'm going out to dinner, I can plan my whole day around it and not feel incredible guilt. I just know to get back on track tomorrow. I've lost 30 pounds since mid-January so it's working very well for me. I think you'll find you'll like the practicality of it. I say give it a try! What do you have to lose? Besides weight that is!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

Weight Watcher's is the ONLY thing that has worked for me!!

I had my daughter 6 years ago and since then I have done South Beach, and several different types of diet pills and patches to try to lose the weight I gained. I lost with South Beach, but gained it all right back, plus more. The diet pills did nothing but drain my bank account.

I have been doing WW for 10 weeks now and I have lost a total of 25.4 lbs so far. I have 6 more pounds to go to meet my WW goal. When I measure all of the money I threw away on diet pills against what I pay to WeightWatcher's now, I could have saved myself a bundle by joining sooner. I happily hand over my $11 each week, knowing I have finally learned tools and skills that can help me through the rest of my life.

Last week I took a blood test. The doctor wanted to see if anything had changed in the past two years. Well, two years ago my blood pressure and cholesterol were very, very high. Now they are both normal! I know it's thanks to WW.

I highly recommed it!! And the boards here are great, so jump right in and get familiar with everything.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #4  

Talking

Thanks for chiming in ladies!
I have pcos, and I have been going to soulcysters for support, but the support is limited there. I am happy to come here with so many people doingWW. I think I will start!
Tomorrow will be my first official day!

I dont have the money to join but I will come here for support.
I also dont have a scale yet; but I am thinking I will keep track by measuring inches..?
Old 06-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 163.4/120/132

Height: 5'1"

I hope you find success on the plan! Jump right in on the boards and ask any questions you want! The people here are really wonderful and helpful. If I can be of any help at all, just send me a private message!

Good luck!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 PM   #6  

Today is day one and it is going really well!
I just hope I can beat those mid afternoon cravings!
Old 06-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #7  

Hi Chocolate Queen, . What do you usually crave in the afternoons? I usually want something sweet, so I bring OREOS 100 calorie packs to work with me. They are only 2 pts. and they hit the spot! Of course they are nothing like the real thing, but they get the job done!!!

Old 06-09-2006, 04:00 PM   #8  

HI.
Yes I carve sweets! I dont have the money to give my kitchen a WW overhaul, so I am stuck with what is in it.
I have Stelladora cookies; I have at tea at night (3pts for one), they are a little high in points but they will have to do until next week.
But the more junkier it is the more I WANT IT!
Closed Thread