Carb Counters - Meat/Egg Fast

View Full Version : Meat/Egg Fast

princessjsc
06-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi everyone
I'm here after being off for a looooonnnng time. its been a rough year for me and i've yo yod up and down weight wise. i've done about 30 dif. programs and quit all of them. and here i am, back to low carb. I know it works the best for me and i just need to DO IT. Like yoda, "no try, only do".
so. I'm starting today on the meat/egg fast i read about on another site actually. does anyone here do that to kickstart induction?

JerseyGyrl
06-08-2006, 02:50 PM
:wel3fc:

Hi Princessjsc,

I'm confused :?: Are you doing the meat/egg fast BEFORE doing Induction or have you been doing Induction and you just started the meat/egg fast??

The meat/egg fast is designed to kickstart weight loss. Most people do this when they've hit a stall (not losing weight OR inches). Is this what has happened to you?

You CAN do this!! You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim

Tennessee
06-08-2006, 03:02 PM
You may want to think about what's causing you to stop and start and yo-yo before you try any other way of eating. If you've had so many false starts, I wonder if you've been WAY too restrictive then, because of the excessive restrictions (like M/E) set yourself up to binge\fail. IMO, until you get to the root of the problem, you won't be successful on any plan.

Good luck to you!

Tenn

Ms Spotdog
06-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Tenn! Where have you been, girl???? Nice to see you pop in!

Kel

lady_adnerb
06-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Tenn: :wave:

JSC: The Atkins book does not recommend the fat fast UNTIL you've hit a stall. So if you're just using it to kick start induction then you're not actually following recommendations. And it also warns against doing it unless ABSOLUTELY necessary as if you lose weight TOO fast it's not good for your body. So I'd recommend doing the induction and seeing how that goes. A stall is when you've had no weight loss (or measurement changes) for a month or longer. Good luck :)