Old 06-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default The Thin Wannabee Exercise Forum!

Hi everyone,
I just thought I would start an exercise forum. I try to do something most every day when I can fit it it.

But today I went to Curves and yesterday I went on my new exercise bike for 45 minutes. SO WHAT IS EVERYONE ELSE DOING TO GET MOVING??

Join in everyone! You can post anything, even if it is just parking your car farther from Walmart, don't care, that still is some form of exersice I would think.And it is better than sitting on the couch too.

Sassy Sharon
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I walk my dog for atleast 30 minutes a day...........sometimes twice when I have time. I also try to go into the kids pool and walk around in circles atleast once a day now, LOL

This sounds pathetic but a few months ago, I considered walking from the front door to the car to be exercize!!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #3  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Good job Tami! That does not sound pathetic to me at all ... actually, for the moment it's more than I do so I better get my butt in gear!

CJ
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #4  

No I agree, that isn't pathetic and any exercise, no matter what you do, is better than sitting on the couch. So kudos to you!

I still am doing my exercising, going to Curves almost every day and when I don't get there I try to either ride my exercise bike I just bought downstairs or use one of my Leslie Sansone exercise video's. Or if the weather is not too hot I will try to take a walk around the neighborhood. What ever works works I guess.

Anyone else? Let us know how you are doing, anything at all, no matter how much or little, it all adds up.

Sassy Sharon
Old 07-26-2006, 01:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

I have an addiction to exercise videos. I do have a membership to the gym and I enjoy going there. But, when DH is gone and I need to get moving I pop a video in and get a good workout. I have Tae Bo, The Firm, Denise Austin, Pilates, etc. At the gym I like the eliptical and treadmill.
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:48 PM   #6  
banned

Wow, you are ambitious!!! With the little ones out of school for the summer I can't seem to get anything more than dog walking and a little bit of swimming in our little pool done!

Great job brooke26
Old 07-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #7  

I'm back,
I've fallen off the diet wagon, but I'm back on and I'm doing real well. I joined Curves last week and I'm planning on working out 5 times a week. I really enjoy going there. It's easy to get 30 minutes of exercise a day. I'm meeting a lot of nice ladies and having fun working out. I've also bought a computer program that tracks my weight and food etc.. It does everything so I can track every morsel of food. I've got my husband on the program and he's already managed to lose 25 pounds so far in two months! I'm down 15 pounds. I'm trying to get down to 129 by Christmas. It will be my Christmas gift to me! So far, I'm on track to be there!
janicej

Last edited by janicej; 07-26-2006 at 07:33 PM.
janicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #8  
banned

Hi and welcome back janicej!!! Isn't it awful how men always lose so much more than we do? It drives me insane. Hubby can drop a few pounds just by skipping one of his two large pizza's!! I have thought about going to curves when my son goes to kindergarten this fall but I don't know how much it costs here.

129 is a long term goal of mine. 150 by November 2nd (my 42nd Bday) is my first goal. Its been 9 years since I was under that and 10 years since I've been under 120. You will make your Christmas goal!! What a great present.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:41 PM   #9  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Brooke:
Welcome to our group! Hope you come and post with us on our regular chit chat thread too! I'm not much of an exercise person - I'm a "wannabee exerciser" - just need to do it - lol

Tami:
I don't have a dog to walk - I do sometimes walk down the road to get our mail and my only exercise is in my hot tub - not much there as I love to just sit and relax in front of the jets! I would like to join curves too - I think - maybe I'll check it out in the fall - too many things going right now.

Janice:
WELCOME BACK! Have missed you - so glad to hear from you. Don't dissappear from us again - sounds like you are doing well - keep up the good work - you'll make your goal! What the name of the computer program you bought? I just may be interested ... thanks

Well ... see ya all on the chit chat thread! Keep up the good work girls!

Love, CJ
CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:39 AM   #10  

Thumbs up

CJ,
The name of the program is DietPower. They have a free trial period. I liked it so well, I bought it before the end of the trial period. I also bought their body tracker program. It tracks blood pressure, weight, inches, BMI, etc.. You can also down load your pictures so you can track before and after pictures. It has helped me stay motived and on track.
CJ, I made a new tracker, but it only worked once. Now I'm getting the Oops message to make a new tracker. What am I doing wrong?
janicej
Old 07-27-2006, 12:49 AM   #11  

Looks like I finally figured out how to get my tracker back. Oops, looks like my last post has two trackers.
janicej
Old 07-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #12  

Tami,
Your're right about guys being able to drop the weight quickly. I just try not to let it bother me.
Curves cost about 29.00 a month. I got a 10 percent discount for paying for a year in advance. They also gave me the summer months free for joining when I did. I like it because it's a quick way to get my exercise. The time flys by when I'm there.
janicej
Old 10-28-2006, 09:30 AM   #13  

My gosh, no one has posted in a long while so I thought I would post. I have just been so busy this summer traveling and running here and there. Right now I have been trying to get back on track with the exercising and trying to go back to Curves and do what I have been doing before all our traveling. I was going almost everyday and when I didn't get there popping into a Leslie Sansone exercise video, walking outside or riding my stationary exercise bike. So my goal now will be to get back to where I was since the holidays are right around the corner and I don't want the scale to be going up and than have the holidays come and it go up even more. So that is my plan!

janicej-It sounds like you are doing great on your diet and exercise plan. Keep up the good work.

CJ-Man your hot tub is some exersize I would love to do. But I know you now go to Curves as well and know you are doing great with that.

TamiL-How you doing on your Christmas goal? Post and let us know good or bad. I am sure you are doing much better than me. I can't believe that Christmas is now right around the corner. I am not ready with anything related to the holidays, but somehow I always manage to pull it together in time.

brooke26-Hi there and welcome. You sure do have lots of workout video's, that is great and I am sure between that and your gym you are doing well on your weight loss plan.

Well hope to hear from everyone again, CJ, TamilL, janicej, brooke26 and everyone and anyone else come on back. The holidays are almost here and we need this thread to keep us on track.

Sassy Sharon
Old 11-05-2006, 04:32 PM   #14  
Isa from Chile

S/C/G: 181/181/132

Height: 5.4

Hi, well i`m new and tomorrow i want to start to exercise. I think i will ride my bike arround the neighood (i like at the start of a hill so is a lot more dificult) for 45 minutes and then abs 300. You think that will be enough, i`m 25 but i hate gyms and also hate exercise so it will be hard for me. I will be posting my progress

Thans and good luck to all this week

Isa
ravotrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:17 AM   #15  
banned

Good morning ladies! Not much to report here. I still hate my job, but I'll probably stick with it until atleast the holdiays. I am scheduled to work all the holidays this year. Atleast its at night so I won't miss much.

I don't really have a holiday goal anymore, I've kind of given up on worrying about that. I bought a new pair of jeans yesterday at Walmart and to my utter surprise I am wearing a size 4.......translation, this is a size 8 anywhere else, I think Walmart has decided that American women aren't going to get any smaller and have quit carrying small sizes, LOL They just retagged everything to make us feel better, LOL I just wonder where people who are actually thin find things to wear nowadays.

I have been busy buying my holiday gifts for the kids, its not going to be a major Christmas this year as in excessive spending for us. I have to admit I am tiring of the whole idea of over doing Christmas. My kids have enough stuff and even the 5 year old isn't much of a toy person anymore.

Time to run, have to get the kiddos off to school. Hope all are doing wonderful