Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Damn the Local Sub Shop!

View Full Version : Damn the Local Sub Shop!

Ophelia924
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I wanted a hoagie for dinner. However being home alone with two kids getting in a car and driving for just my dinner seemed like a waste so I walked up the street to the local sub shop!! And what did I get - an italian sandwich -no cheese -with lettuce, onions, and hot peppers...and to top it off I got it on a hard roll.

I think I just ate my weeks worth of calories. But according to fitday it is less than 1000 calories. I am so confused and feeling guilty.

Depalma
06-06-2006, 09:57 PM
I looked up the nutrition information from a local sub shop chain here and for a small (6") italian sub (w/o oil) it is 550 calories, so as long as the sub size matches your local chain, then fitday is in the ballpark. If it is a larger sub, then adjust accordingly.

However, I will add that almost half of the calories according to the chain I looked up are from fat.

Anyway, don't feel guilty. At worst, it is a minor slip. We've all had worse.

LLV
06-06-2006, 10:33 PM
I wanted a hoagie for dinner. However being home alone with two kids getting in a car and driving for just my dinner seemed like a waste so I walked up the street to the local sub shop!! And what did I get - an italian sandwich -no cheese -with lettuce, onions, and hot peppers...and to top it off I got it on a hard roll.

I think I just ate my weeks worth of calories. But according to fitday it is less than 1000 calories. I am so confused and feeling guilty.
Ahh pooey, been there done that. Plenty of times.

Did you enjoy it?

If so, count it as a rare yummy and move on :)