Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #1  
kris

S/C/G: 199/185/140

Height: 5'6

Default desperatly needing some words of incouragement

well i haven't posted here much and not in a long while. i am trying to count calories but i have absolutley no will power! im getting extremely depressed about the whole thing, i need to lose about 50 pounds and all i keep doing is gaining. i have gained 5 more in the past few months, and i feel like i have no control over this battle. i work full time and at work im fine, but the minute i get home i find every excuse not to excercise and i eat everything that i shouldn't. i have kids and a husband to cook for everyday and i use that as one of my many excuses, im too tired to walk or anything else everyday, again, another excuse. i really feel like this is nothing more than a lost cause. i would love to lose even 20 at this rate but i can't force myself to lose any. im to the point that i can't control my self when it comes to eating at all. not like all i do is eat but i know i need to cut way back and still don't. i weigh 185ish and i can't stand it. but then again i can't do anything about it either! i know im just whinning and i should get off my butt and just do it. but some how i just sabitage myself everyday, i have great intentions, but never follow thru with any of it, if anyone has any advice please feel free to offer it, thanks
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #2  
Big Phat Mama

S/C/G: 353/330/160

Height: 5 10

Im the same way...but you know what i figured out (yes all by myself hehe) We didnt gain our weight overnight so we aint losing it overnight and we have been eating whatever our way of eating is (was) for years (most of us) and its even for some become an eating disorder. SO we can expect some rough times ahead BUT we all can overcome. I say this even tho i ate some Doritos awhile ago...

You CAN do this...youll have days where it sucks and you dont know if you can go on and yes you will have days where ya wanna forget the whole thing, but those days wont make you give up..they are just bumps in the road...I say this not only to you, but because i also need to hear it...
Robwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:12 PM   #3  
kris

S/C/G: 199/185/140

Height: 5'6

its not so much that it took me years to get to my current weight because of my eating habits, i mean i know that i caused this but.. my oldest is 6 i gained 40 with her lost it and was happy at 155 or so. got pregnant with the second one and lost 20 in the first 6 months, gained only 10 of it back before i had her. after the second child i was right back to 150-155, not bad, by the time she was 6 months old i was gaining it back with a vengence! my youngest is 3 now,and over the past 3 years i have gained...i'd say 25-30 pounds. life changes and stress and overeating and everyother bad choice i made has gotten me here. so with that said i guess i was just making more excuses,lol its just now that im settled in my life and all is quiet, well as quiet as it can be with kids,lol and now i want this for me and i want to be the mom that my kids need, not the one they have to settle for, the one that is very unhappy and miserable in her own skin. i know its taken me years to get this way, but i really want it to change and have no control over myself anymore
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My advice is to come to this forum often for the support and encouragement that you need. I am here daily because it has really helped me . Sometimes when I don't feel like exercising the people here motivate me to do so. Also when I see that it is a struggle for everyone, not just me, it makes it easier to try to eat right. I have a DH and children too and it took me a while to realize that I can't eat what they eat, they aren't the ones over-weight. However, since I'm the chief cook and bottle watcher, everybody gets a lot healthier meals now. Lots of protein, veggies, salad's, sugar-free jello with whipped topping. There was a lot of grumbling at first, but they have more or less adapted to a healthier meal plan. They do have occasional sugary treats but I don't buy it and bring it home. Good luck with your weight loss journey and know that you aren't alone. We're all there with you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #5  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Yes come here and read and post the best thing is to have lots of friends that are in the same boat that you are....and yes we are all in the same boat...I will be 40 in Aug and I dont want to go down as a overweight mom...I really want to be healthy and Hot!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

Cool I agree w/ lilybelle

Weight loss can happen even if your family doesn't need to lose weight. I've cleaned out our cupboards & shelves (we've 3 children) of all of the junky unhealthy food. I bought healthy snacks instead & I've changed the types of cooking I do. Even with all of that I still eat differently from everyone else. I just can't eat the way they do & lose weight.

It is hard & it can be discouraging too. Take things one day at a time. Do not fall into the 'all or nothing' trap (binge a little on something & then give up for the rest of the day). If you drop your eating plan far a meal or a day or whatever, pick yourself up & start over again. Never, never give up. You can do it!
GenreGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #7  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel67
I too have to go home and cook for kids. It's not easy, I know where you're at. To combat that, the first thing I do when i get home, is prepare my own meal first (or take a Lean Cuisine out of the freezer, what ever I'm having). So while I'm cooking for them, I can either nibble on my dinner, or I can look over at it and know that mine is coming up soon. The next hardest hurdle to get over for me, was training (yes, it IS training...and I"m still learning) my self not to "stir-and-taste" while cooking. I'm from the deep south where everything is fried or soaked in bacon fat, and it's a hard thing to get around.
You can do this. I second, third and fourth what the others have said about coming here. Lots of folks here to help you on your way.
I hear ya on the deep south cooking...I have to be really carefull about what I put on the table....I make hubby grill alot ..... That has help me out. And I know that I will not lose anything If I Dont Get Up And Move!!! I stayed at 200 for 7 weeks to prove it....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote