Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-05-2006, 07:31 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday Chat, June 6th

Good Morning,

I'm home today, DD still has a fever and quite frankly I don't wanna go in to work LOL. I got all ready and woke her up to find out she was not feeling well... shoot, I could have slept in LOL.

Flady, go get em at work

Liz, what did your inlaws make? I love when others cook for me, its such a break.

Welcome Trish !!!

How's everyone today?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:38 AM   #2  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Morning Leenie- So sorry to hear that DD isn't feeling well! I hope everything else is ok.

Things are ok here. I am down to walking with 1 crutch most of the time now. Sometimes when it starts hurting really bad I use 2 but usually just 1. I started physical therapy last Thursday. It's going ok. It makes my leg ache for a little while afterward but it is helping. Oh and somehow I've lost 4 lbs since surgery so yay for that! Well gotta run. Kids are yelling and stuff. I hope everyone is doing ok. TTYL
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

For the first time in my life (that I can remember) I under ate this weekend because of stress. Ds accident, nobody hurt, Dh didn't get home until yesterday (he handled the demise of his beloved truck very well and it was wonderful to have him to lean on).
I had quite a happening headache by last evening and today I have that halfmast feeling???? My eyelids feel only part way open, I feel slow and cautious, not tired really. It isn't even calm really ... odd for sure.
Some time today I'll have to deal with the insurance company.
I'm going to try to focus on diet and exercise. I really have to eat better today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang

we had a busy day yesterday with the grand opening of our youth center everything went great but boy am I tired

Leenie - so sorry dd has a fever but glad you are able to stay home with her. I remember when mine were little that I didn't want to leave them, besides they only want their moms when they feel bad. Hope y'all have a good day together in spite of her fever. Hope it passes quickly.

Heather - congrats on down to 1 crutch and whooooohoooooo on the 4 lb loss!

Hi SusanB - so glad your ds wasn't hurt in the accident! hope your headache passes quickly.

What's the rest of our gang up to today?
hope everyone has a BLESSED DAY!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:54 AM   #5  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey All!

I'm BACKKKKKKK!!! Well I'm so glad that a new week has begun! Last week was horrible, and I'm hoping that this week turns out better in all respects! DH is now back to work after his accident, and doing well. I went to Niagara Falls on Saturday with friends for the day, and we had a blast! It was good to get away for awhile and just have fun! I need to do that more I think. My eating habits have fallen by the way side the past few weeks. I think all the stress has triggered the "food attacks".

This week I think I head to St. Catherines to meetings. Should be good though because some friends of mine from out west will be there, and I haven't seen them in 4 yrs, so it will be goodto see them and catch up!

I think that's all the news here.... Life gets so busy sometimes that you can never fit everything into a day....
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Morning ya'll!

Had a busy busy weekend. Family coming out to see the new house. It actually went pretty well. I think my anxiety peaked out Saturday night and I just wore myself out. I was better on Sunday and still today. My biggest problem so far is not being able to gt my weight loss ticker to work, but if that's the worst thing that happens to me, I'm lookin at a great day!

Glad you all are here. Make it a great day!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #7  

Hi everyone!

Back to work today following a week's vacation. First thing I did was checked my vacation planner to see when I had more time scheduled off. Go figure.

Mondays are busy - Boy Scout meetings, and I have one Scout who wants to start working on a merit badge tonight. I also have GOT to get my household straightened out and back on track from my last depressive spell - and at the same time try to not go hypomanic.

We're busy for summer, too, and that's starting to ramp up for us.
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Hi all,
Well today has not been too bad for me. Been working on getting my home office cleaned and reorganized....huge job! At one point today I realized that I was hungry and I actually had a stomach growl. To me this is amazing. I have been medicating myself and staving off bordem with food for so long, I can not honestly remember the last time my stomach growled. I know this seems like an odd thing to be excited about, but it is just showing me that I am not always thinking about food. That maybe there is life outside of food.

Thanks for listening to me go on.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote