Support Groups - Pointer Sistas Challenge: Week Four

Jane
06-05-2006, 06:11 AM
A great points-counting challenge idea that came from Angie. So far it's been a hit and so we'll continue on each week, Mondays being the starting point.

Here is what it's all about:

The rules are simple... you get to earn 4 points per day, that is a total of 28 points per week. If you get 25 points or more, give yourself a reward. It doesn't have to be big, a new lipstick, pocket book, a pedicure, or time for you, just you.

You can earn 1 point for drinking all your water, 1 point for eating clean, 1 point for your workout, and 1 point for doing what ever you forget or avoid. ie: taking your vitamins, or tracking all your food intake...this is something you can decide.

At the end of the week tally up your points. Make this fun, and remember you do deserve a reward...:gift:

Jane
06-05-2006, 06:17 AM
I did it for last week - with yesteday's 3 points, my total is 25, so I made enough points to get the reward. :carrot: I chose a paperback book by Harlan Coben, titled The Innocent. Never heard of the author, but the book looks interesting.

My points criteria will stay the same as before. Not sure what reward I'm going for yet.

Good luck to all of you! :)

Marti
06-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Didn't even get my points/reward for last week. Wasn't even close by the time the weekend came so I didn't even pay close attention.

Will work on it more this week. So far the vitamins are already down.....Good start right??

da fat n da furious
06-05-2006, 08:56 PM
I was short 4 points...darn

So today, so far I have done 3 points, suffering with a horrible summer cold. So don't think I will be going out for a walk...will be going to bed.
total=3

Jane
06-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I've got 4 for today so far, but hey, I'm not asleep yet, lol.

Just after I told somebody here how much better my knee is, it's acting up again! So I did what I could on the gazelle, and did some upper body exercises to round it out so I could count the point.

suetalks
06-05-2006, 11:16 PM
Last week was a real bust for me. I will try the same 4 points this week ....just need to get the darn food going in the right direction. Today I got 3 points...water, walking and 15 minutes of extra exercise. The food was the hang up AGAIN.

Marti
06-06-2006, 02:36 AM
3 out of 4.

Can you guess that one point I didn't get???

exercise. TOMORROW!! It might make me feel better too.

Sheesh.....

Total: 3

da fat n da furious
06-07-2006, 12:01 AM
total 2 points...
no exercise or eating clean,,,I had a cold creamy thing which did wonders to my throat.
total=5

Jane
06-07-2006, 12:29 AM
I got 2 today. I did, however, watch my sister on my gazelle. Does that count?

Angie - I had some crunchy, salty stuff which did damage to my thighs. :o

subtotal = 6

suetalks
06-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Tuesday was another 3 for me....same old, same old...food was my downfall. I am getting lots of exercise and liquid. I even had an OP breakfast and dinner. It was the Crunchwrap at Taco Bell that blew it for me. Grrrrr.

Total for 2 days= 6

Marti
06-07-2006, 12:08 PM
4 yesterday. I walked.:D

That makes 7total.

FrouFrou
06-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Got 25 pts last week, woohoo! :carrot: :carrot: But didn't reward myself...I don't want to reward myself for something I need to be doing anyway and something small like a book, CD, lipstick, polish...I buy anytime, all the time so...going to wait until I get my 200 miles walked before rewarding myself with a new charm for my bracelet.

So far this week I have 4 pts for Monday and Tuesday and 3 pts so far for today. Just working on staying OP and so far, so good!

Total...8 (not counting today)

Jane
06-07-2006, 05:53 PM
Sue - you're still doing pretty good!

Marti - yay for 4 yesterday! :cp:

I have 3 so far for today, but will report in tomorrow. :)

Mom2Gaby
06-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I just wanted to say CONGRATS to everyone for how well they are doing on the points! Keep it up! :D :cheer: :cheer:

da fat n da furious
06-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Good for you Marti,,,,now if only I could say 4,,,but Im saying 3. I had my water in before noon today.
total=9

Marti
06-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Only 3pts. today. No exercise. Cramping like you wouldn't believe.

Cristi--Congrats on getting all points last week. But if you're not going to reward yourself, are you sure you want to do a weekly point challenge? You should reward yourself w/something. I understand the 200miles reward, that's an achievment! Maybe reward yourself each week by putting money in a pot to go towards that charm bracelet??

Angie--I'm w/ya on the 3pts. Not wanting to exercise...and boy it's not a good thing. Can't seem to get the motivation I had not too long ago. I think I'm stressing out too much.

Jane--Doing great, keep up the great work. Tell us how you totalled today!

Sue--Food would be a downer for me, but I have to make sure I do good somewhere. So I make sure I get my veggie or fruit in.......so why can't I Make sure I exercise???

Susan--Thanks for poppin in and giving encouraging words.

Ok...off to the next post.

Jane
06-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Total for day 3 - 3 points. It was the food, again. Grrrr!! Subtotal = 10

Marti - I agree with doing the reward the way Angie set it up. I get a lot of satisfaction everytime I pick up the book that I earned last week.

Mom2Gaby
06-08-2006, 10:28 AM
You are welcome Marti (and I meant to say thank you on my father Marti- I am too lazy to go back to email and write that :))

I think everyone is doing well and it is fun to keep track of you all, inspires us slackers :) (pssssst, if you don't want a reward Cristi, I will take it!! haha) - ok, lame humor.

Best to you all! Cute name too!

Jane
06-08-2006, 10:49 AM
What an inspirational post Susan. Angie came up with the name, and we all thought it was so cute. The only problem I'm having is that once I go over my ww points, and I know I don't get my point here.... it's too easy to eat even more! Knowing that I will be checking in everyday is a good motivation, though. :)

Mom2Gaby
06-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Any tool that can be used is always helpful. I think the most useful tool though ( I have learned this after 6 years on the weight boards) is the encouragement we get from each other. I don't think you can ever replace that. It means so much for others that we share our weight loss with to offer a congrats or a :bravo: or a :encore: or a:whoo: ....btw - what IS that smilie?? lol........encourage each other, you will be amazed what that can mean to them.

Keep up the good work to you all! :D

FrouFrou
06-08-2006, 03:01 PM
SUSAN...you can have my reward, whatever that is going to be, lol! And a big THANK YOU! :thanks: :hug:

MARTI...the challenge is to prove to me that I can do it and that is my reward. But it seems odd to me to reward myself every time with something that I normally buy anyway. Now if I could think of something that would be extra special then I will reward myself, but haven't found that yet. I already have a charm bracelet so the charm is a big reward because of the cost and then having to have it put on the bracelet. Marti, I will try to think of something since I have been doing so well.

Anyway...so far today the eating is coming along, am on my third bottle of water, took my vitamins but no actual exercise (free day). I did mow the front yard, not counting it but it is something on my free day so feel good about that. Did get 4 pts yesterday so that is a total of 12 pts. so far.

Keep up the good work ladies!

suetalks
06-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Okay...I am totally failing with this food thing. 3 points today for a total of 11. Now my walking partner has gone on vacation so I don't know how that will work on my exercise. Geesh...everything is plotting against me.

Jane
06-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I've got 4 for today so far. Now, if I can just keep myself out of the kitchen!:dizzy:

Marti
06-09-2006, 01:17 AM
2pts for me today. Feeling just terrible.

Not even gonna get close to reward points.....

da fat n da furious
06-09-2006, 08:52 AM
yesterday was a crash and burn day.
2 points..
total =11

Marti,,its hard to do this when you are not feeling well.
Sue,,,its only a short period of time your walking buddy is gone...can you do something else for that time?
Jane...I need to get into the kitchen...and actually cook some meals.

Jane
06-10-2006, 08:17 AM
Let's see... I got 4 for Thursday, but only 3 for yesterday. I ate out twice and didn't eat clean at all.

My total for 5 days so far is 17. No way I can make up that many points to get my reward. And dang, I had a set of coasters picked out that I wanted.

Angie, Marti and Sue - since the 4 of us aren't doing so good, maybe concentrating on home cooked meals would help us, like Angie said. I have to admit, now that Neal is retired, we eat out too much. Plus, I've brought snack foods into the house that would have never got in over the threshold a year ago and wonder if this could be a prob at your house, too?

Marti
06-10-2006, 01:35 PM
I've got a total of 18 so far. I've been doing ok. Won't be seeing any reward.

My problem is the exercise. I can eat clean and get in all the water and vitamins I need....but exercise is like the plague to me.

I need to start thinking differently. Not sure why I'm avoiding exercise!

Next WILL be different! A promise I need to make to myself.

da fat n da furious
06-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok so for Friday and Today Ive not done well at all. I admit I didn't eat much yesterday but when I did it was not clean. So in the two days I have done 5 points...
total = 16 pathetic!

Yes Jane that is the problem. I did my grocery shopping and bought clean. Mostly fruit and veggies. I did spend more time in the kitchen today but still need to get in water and exercise to bring me up to my full 4.

Jane
06-11-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, I tried hard yesterday and got all 4 points. But today I already blew the food point. So even if I make it to 3, that would give me...(17+4 =21,+ 3 = )24 points. OHHH!!! So close, but so far away!! One lousy point!!

da fat n da furious
06-11-2006, 09:26 PM
19 all together...pretty bad.

Jane
06-12-2006, 09:55 AM
We'll do better this week! See you at #5. :)