Exercise! - Oxycise #31 "A Fresh Start"

View Full Version : Oxycise #31 "A Fresh Start"

ageoldie
08-20-2001, 02:56 PM
we are a group of deep breathers trying to stay focused on being healthy. Most of us are using the Oxycise program, some are using Body Flex or Life Breaths. It doesn't matter, This thread is for you.

ageoldie
08-20-2001, 02:57 PM
I got up early today and did Oxycise level 2. It really felt good, it's been about a month since I've O'd. Got to get back in the habit, my energy is drooping. How is everyone else doing?

ras8779
08-20-2001, 03:08 PM
Hi Everyone:D!

Barbg-I did Level 2 this morning too:D! Yippee. It sure does feel good. I'm also challenging myself to do exercise on another thread (All Walkers/Ellipticals........). I'm hoping this will get me going to shed some inches and pounds. The O really helps to jump start my morning. I hope others will join us too! I'm with Barb about all types of breathers out there. Whatever you do lets get together and keep each other going:D! Thanks Barbg for starting this thread:D!

See you all later:wave:!

Desert Flower
08-21-2001, 12:19 AM
Hi!

I've been on a plateau the last three weeks. I've still been eating the Living Well plan, but have been trying to get my thyroid regulated with the natural thyroid instead of the synthetic, and not sure of the strength to take yet--might need more. Also there has been the stress associated with my husband being in the hospital, then recuperating. (He's back at work as of today, though.) BUT perhaps one reason I haven't lost is that I haven't been doing my Oxycise! I did start up again today. I'm still doing Level one, as I can do it from memory, and I have a time of it when I try to run the VCR since we have digital cable. One of these days I'll figure it out smoothly and try Level two again!

Hope we can all stick with it this time. I know I need to!!

Nancy

ras8779
08-21-2001, 02:34 PM
Hi everyone:wave:!

Nancy-It's great to see you're still out there:)! I'm glad your husband is doing better. I can understand why you had a hard time with losing weight while you were going through your husband's recovery. Stress just doesn't help with losing weight at all. I know I'm speaking from experience:(! But anyway O will sure help you get back on track. I've been doing my Level 2 for the past few days and feel a difference in my energy level already. I'm so glad you're back with us. I hope you can post more often now:)!

Barbg-How's it Oeing;)? I hope it's going okay for you. I managed my L2 this morning. I'm also doing the nine minute body flex workout when I don't have time for a full O workout. Some of the workouts run about 20 minutes. Post when you can:D!

ageoldie
08-21-2001, 09:45 PM
I did level 2 this morning too. I seem to be able to do that one easier than any of the others. I still haven't gotten the burst of energy that I usually get when I O. Maybe it'll come soon.

Desert Flower
08-22-2001, 01:56 AM
Hi!

I didn't get much sleep last night, but I did get my Oxycise in this morning. HOpefully the pounds will start to go down now. My husband has been losing without any exercise, etc, but it seems that men can lose a lot easier than we can! (And the doctor says he MUST lose.)

It's 10 pm and I need to get some sleep!!!!

Nancy

ras8779
08-22-2001, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick post to say I did my L2 this morning. I'm starting to feel so much better now that I'm Oeing again. Take care.

Desert Flower
08-24-2001, 12:12 AM
Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that I did my O this morning. It seems I'm always somewhat rushed in the morning, though, but it still is the best time.

Hope everything is going well for you.

Nancy

txmouse53
08-24-2001, 02:40 PM
Can someone please educate me as to what Oxycise is? New to the weight loss game and haven't exercised ever until this summer. Haven't heard about this yet.

Thanks,
Mickey:dizzy:

Desert Flower
08-24-2001, 11:52 PM
Hi, Mickey!

Oxycise is a deep breathing exercise done in different positions. It takes about 15 minutes a day, and can do wonders! You can learn more about it at www.oxyciseplus.com, where you can find lots of success stories to whet your interest. And be sure to rean Shawn Zimmerman's story. Just his pictures will encourage you. He lost 210 lbs, and, although he did diet, Oxycise was his form of exercise, and he's thrilled with it.

I'm also signing in that I did do my Oxycise this morning before I left for work. It's good to be back in the routine. Weekends are harder, though.

Nancy

ageoldie
08-25-2001, 12:36 PM
I've just made a discovery!!! If I don't do my O when I first get up in the morning, I just never get around to doing it. I did great until Wed when I got up and started doing things around the house (have to clean up before the cleaning people get there :D) So Wed night got there and I never thought about O until I got up Thursday morning. I o'ed Thursday, but yesterday I was busy getting ready for the doctor and here it is Saturday and still no O.

The good new is I was down about 11 pounds since my physical last year and about 30 pounds since I started going to this doctor in summer of 98.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep on O'ing

ras8779
08-26-2001, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:!

I hope you all had or are having a great weekend. Mine always goes by so fast. I'm sorry I haven't posted until now but work was so busy this week it was difficult and I hate posting from home with my slow server. However it seems to be moving pretty good right now so I'm in luck:)!

Nancy and Barbg-You both are doing great:)! I know it's hard to fit in O sometimes but it does help with the energy and the inch loss. Sometimes it just takes a little longer. I'm glad you are both hanging in there with me:)! Barbg congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up.

I managed to do O every day this week. I'm really happy about that. Also someone asked me if I had lost weight. That was really great:D. I seem to lose first in my face.

Mickey-Nancy gave you great info. The Oxycise website is a great place for information. I hope you'll try it and join us here:)!

Okay everyone keep Oeing and I'll see you all tomorrow.

Desert Flower
08-27-2001, 02:10 AM
Hi!

I guess I need to confess.

I didn't do my Oxycise yesterday or today. As Barb says, if you don't do it first thing in the morning it usually doesn't get done.

Yesterday we drove to Mexico (200 miles each way), through Yuma, to get some prescription drugs. By the time we got back we were bushed. (Left about 7 AM)

Today was church at 8 AM, then grocery shopping, etc, and I never did get my O done. I know I'll do better tomorrow, though. I will have to admit it's easier during the week!

Talk to you all later.

Nancy

ageoldie
08-27-2001, 03:54 PM
I guess I'll have to be your cheerleader!

I had full intentions of getting up and doing my O first thing this morning and then heading off the the health club, but my husband is having another one of his "spells" really sick, high fever, combination of chills and more chills. It's an invection he gets in his legs. But to make this story shorter, I got up and found out he was sick (it comes up on him with no warnings) so I had to get dressed and come to work early because our son is out of town on vacation.

Rose Isn;t it funny. I can do O for about a week and the scales and measuring tape do not move a bit, but people start commenting on how I "look" like I've lost weight.

Nancy I guess if maybe we can keep it up on the weekdays maube the weekends will come along eaiser. You Think?

Dera Lord,
So far today, God, I"ve done all right...I haven't gossiped, I haven't lost my temper, I havent'f been grumpy, greedy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent.
I'm very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, God, I'm going to get out of bed....and from then on, I'm going to need a lot of help!
Amen

Desert Flower
08-28-2001, 02:22 AM
Hi--

Just wanted to let you know that I DID do my O this morning, even though I was running late.

I have an important interview at 11 AM (pacific time) tomorrow morning. Would appreciate prayer.

Nancy

samiM
08-28-2001, 10:47 AM
I'm new here and have no idea what I'm doing!! but I had to reply to whoever wrote the Dear Lord prayer!! I love it and I'm printing a copy to hang on the fridge!!Hope I can get back here again!!

Desert Flower
08-29-2001, 01:09 AM
I'm just here to tell you that I did my O this morning.

Also took today off work, as I have to work this Saturday. I got a perm, so I all curly today and had to use the curling iron to get rid of some of the curls!!

I'm still on a plateau and hope to get off it pretty quick!

Nancy

Desert Flower
08-30-2001, 12:21 AM
Hi!

Where is everybody?????

Am I the only one posting?

I did manage to do my O this morning. Hope my plateau starts to go down soon!

Nancy

ageoldie
08-30-2001, 11:17 AM
I'm here, barely. Alvin was sick the first part of the week and I've had to work all week, so haven't done much else. This morning I don't feel good, so no O. I promise to get back soon.

ras8779
08-31-2001, 02:16 PM

I'm sorry I've been missing for a while. I've been so busy at work. I've actually managed to do O everyday but just the commuter tape the last couple of days. I hope that counts:)!

Barbg and Nancy-I'll try to be more consistent with my posting. Things have been so hectic lately that it's been a challenge keeping it all together. I hope all is well with you ladies and I'll post on the weekend hopefully:)! Keep breathing!

ageoldie
09-04-2001, 12:20 AM
Sudies show that the day after Labor Day is second only to New Years day as far as new committments go, so here goes. I have a new daytimer all set up with a section for weekly weights and measurements etc, So maybe that will motivate me.

I've been really busy getting my act together to take part in the AVON's "Kiss Goodbye to Breast Cancer" campaing that is going on this month. All aVON reps acroww the nation are combining efforts to raise money for Breast Cancer Research. Every year they have a new "Pink ribbon" product with proceeds going to the SUSAN B KOMEN Research Center. Well, the health club that I'm a member of is on the same hospital campus as the Komen research center headquarters, so I have received permission to advertise the campaign and have a table set up in the atrium on Sept 25 which is the "day of committment" As a breast cancer suvuvor, this is a very important thing for me. I ask that all of my email friends contact their local AVON rep and purchase one of these lipsticks for this very importiant charity. Of course, If you do not have an AVON rep, I will be glad to email you with directions of how you may purchase from me online.

I have been in touch with a couple of other Oxycisers, one of which is going through chemo for BC right now. Se says that in all of her surgery and doctors things, they have all expressed the value of "deep breathing"

Well I guess I've rambled enough.

ras8779
09-04-2001, 07:42 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:!

Barbg-You are so right about the benefits of deep breathing in relation to health and BC. I truly believe that oxygen is a way to make our bodies strong and to make healthier cells. All the more reasons to do our O!:) I'm all for new beginnings. I really slacked off this weekend:(! Too much going on. I had company and didn't do too much of any type of exercise. So I will start by doing my O tonight and then every morning the rest of this week! Are you an Avon rep by the way? I love Avon:)!

Where is everyone else? It looks like it's just me and Barb on here. Please check in no matter what breathing you are doing:)!

ageoldie
09-05-2001, 12:24 AM
Yes Rose, I'm an AVON rep. so the combination of being an AVON rep and a breast cancer suvivor makes this particular campaign very importiant to me. You can visit my AVON website at www.youravon.com/bgumpert You do have to register to get in, but you don't have to buy anything unless you want to. When you sign in you need to put my passcode "mustang" in the approporiate spot. You can see my picture, but it's not a really good one.

Well talk about new beginnings, I really decided to get back to basics and I did level 1 today. I hadn't done L! in ages. I really enjoyed it for a change. I think I'll keep on doing it all week.

Nancy, we are here now, where are you? Seems like we have trouble getting together.

ras8779
09-07-2001, 07:33 PM
Fist of all I'm sorry for not posting for a while. It's been so busy at work and time has just gotten away from me. I've managed to do my O though most of the days. I've missed a few here and there. I sure do miss it when I don't do it though. I can tell the difference even when I have TOM. If I'm doing O on a regular bases my cramps aren't half as bad. So that's incentive for me to keep doing O:D.

Barbg-I'm going to check out your website as soon as I get a free moment at work. I like using the work computer rather then my home one because it's so much faster. I love AVON's perfumes. Especially Imari. That's my all time favorite. I bet there will be some good specials coming up soon with the holidays right around the corner.

Nancy where are you? I checked in so now it's your turn:D!

Okay it's almost the end of my work day so I'll sign off for now. Hopefully I'll have time to check in this weekend. Keep breathing everyone:)!

ageoldie
09-08-2001, 11:37 PM
Well so much for back to basics. I started my L1 tape the second day and the recorder had eaten it for lunch :mad: So it was back to L2. I have to admitt that I didn't O every day, but I did O more days than not.

I'm still struggling to get over the effects of the holiday Monday. Sometimes I wonder if it worth it.

Nancy, we ar missing hearing from you. We"re not not every good as everyday posters, but we do try to post when we can.:D

Rose, I don't know why I can't seem to get back into the habit of the commuter tape. It is in my car tape player and all I need to do is push it in, but I never think of it when I'm in the car :o

Tomorrow starts a new week, let;s make it an O...

txmouse53
09-10-2001, 09:35 AM
Good morning ladies,
I got my Oxycise tapes in on Friday and am a bit overwhelmed. I just don't feel like I have got the breathing technic down right. Did anyone else feel like they just weren't doing to right?

My abdomen tends to naturally want to do the opposite of what she says it should do and I am feeling like maybe I am just making it too hard. Please help!!!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have been on WW and joined Curves fitness salon the same night, since the end of May and have made great progress (lost almost 30 lbs), but still have 20 lbs to go. My main reason for getting involved in the Oxycise was to hope to get my husband involved he needs to lose that middleage spare tire and has health problems that won't allow him to exercise. I was hoping to get the program and get comfortable with it and then get him involved. Anything you can do to help will be great.

THANKS,
Mickey

ras8779
09-10-2001, 05:43 PM
Hi Oers:wave:!

Mickey-I have a suggestion to help you learn the abdominal breathing technique. Lay on the floor and place a book on top of your belly button and when you inhale try to make the book rise instead of your chest. Practice the O breathing technique like this for a while until it becomes more natural to you. We were taught to breath the opposite way but if you notice babies breath correctly. I hope this helps. There is also a good book out there called Jump Start Your Metabolism by Pam Grout. It will explain this more in detail. I hope you'll join us here and post with us. How do you like Curves? How much does it cost if you don't mind me asking:?: ?

Barbg-Well I've been bad with the O. Did not do a single workout this weekend due to a really bad TOM. I haven't done my O yet today either but will do my commuter tape while I wait for my son to get out of practice. I know what you mean. If I put on my O tape everytime I was in the car I would be doing good but of course that doesn't happen.:^: Well I'll check in later. I will try to do my L2 tonight. I really like that tape.

Nancy-Did we lose you forever?:?:

P.S.-What's up with the Oxycise website? Does anyone know.

txmouse53
09-11-2001, 09:58 AM
Rose, thanks for the suggestion, I will try it. I really want to use the Oxycise and be successful at it. By the way I love Curves. It costs $29/month here. I'm not sure they are all the same in cost though, so you may have to check in your area. I have had two back surgeries and had not exercised at all in several years. (Probably really since high school 30+ years ago. Oh that hurt to admit that!!!) Seriously, I went and talked to them and they allowed me to work out for three days in a row and see if my back would be okay and I never even got sore. However after three months on it and WW I have lost almost 30 lbs and have lost 21 inches. So I feel that the two programs go great together. I didn't have to sign a contract either, it is strictly month by month here. I have a sister-in-law in Houston area though and they require a 1 year contract, so I think each Curves is a little different. The workouts are the same though and they really work and you get out of them what you put in them. Since the machines are all resistance machines they are easy to work with. I go 5 times a week, so I am really committed to this weight loss thing and know that that has helped too. Well, hope this answers your questions and hope you will check them out in your area if you are interested. I'll work on the Oxycise like you suggested. Best wishes to you.

Mickey

ageoldie
09-13-2001, 05:29 PM
I know all of you feel the same horror that I do with the attack on our nation. It sorta makes things seem irrevelant. But taking care of ourselves must not be one of them. I made it back to the health club this morning, but the whole place was empty. There were only two of us at our 9:00 class.

But the good news is I have gotten back to doing my commuter tape:) I can't seem to get back to the video, but maybe that will be different soon.

ras8779
09-18-2001, 07:59 PM
Well I'm back. I work on a military base so thus my lack of posting. It's hard to believe that this is happening to our country. I pray that everyone is safe as well as their families. Thankfully I've been spared from any losses. My heart aches for those that aren't. It's been so very stressful here. It's hard for me to get on base to get to work with heightened security. I go home at night exhausted from stress. With the long lines waiting to get into work I've been doing my commuter tape which has helped me relax a little. But I've done very little else. I hope all is well and that you all can check in to let us know:)!

Barbg-I'm so glad you're still posting:)! It was nice to see your post after I've been away so long. I'm glad all is well with you and I so agree with you about taking care of ourselves. Now is the time to keep ourselves strong and healthy. I've made up my mind to do at least some O every evening just to help me relax. My sleeping has been very unsettled. Hopefully this will help. Thanks for being here Barb:)!

Mickey-thanks for the info on Curves:)! It sounds like a great program. Once I get myself back together I'll check into our local Curves to see what the cost is. I hope all is well with you and that you are making friends with O:)! Please check in to let us know how you are doing.

Okay I'm off of work. I need to get some rest. I'll try to post more often. I'm sorry for not posting too much but hopefully things will get better.

Take care and God bless you all and America:D!

New-Me
09-18-2001, 09:04 PM
Hello all! I've got a few questions. Saw the commercial for oxycise a couple of days ago and would like to hear from you if you think it really works. If so..how. I haven't gone to the website yet that someone gave in reply to Mickey's question, but I will. However, I would like your honest comments. I am a WW but thought this might be something to help me become healthier in conjunction with that program. Just what all is involved? Comments, please!:^: Thanks in advance.

New-Me

New-Me
09-18-2001, 09:10 PM
Just tried the website you gave but it didn't work.

New-Me

ageoldie
09-22-2001, 07:30 PM
New-Me, I tried out the Oxycise site too, and found it is under re-construction. For the meantime try www.oxyciseplus.com

ageoldie
09-23-2001, 03:56 PM
I just say a picture of the San Diego Human Flag. Are you part of it?

aleka
09-25-2001, 12:50 PM
I saw an informercial about Oxysizing. I already have the beginners tape, but haven't done it yet. I was wondering if it really works. I really would like your input about it. Can you really lose weight and inches? Thanks.

Alice

ageoldie
09-30-2001, 11:39 PM
Believe it or not, it does work!!!the only problem is that you have to actuall do it. It doesn't help to have the tape sit on the top of the VCR.
When I do do my Oxycise on a regular basis, the scales not only go down, but it is amazing how much better you look. I can do it every day for about two weeks and I have people I hardly know tell me how good I look, and how much weight have I lost.

NOW why don't I do it every day???

Also this is usually a pretty good thread they're about four or five of us that Oxycise more or less regularly and post her. It's not nearly as busy as the Over 40 thread, but we do try to support each other. Great to have you join us.

aleka
10-01-2001, 11:33 AM
Barb, thank you for your welcome and incentive to dig out my tape and actually do it!!!:spin:

Alice

ras8779
10-02-2001, 07:48 PM

First of all I have to say I'm sorry for being gone so long:(. It's the end of the fiscal year here at work so I've been very busy. I haven't done O in a while and I sure can tell that I haven't been doing it too. I have to get back on track. It's really the only thing that helps.

Barbg-I'm so glad you are still hanging in here:D! It's so nice to log on and see your post. I thought this thread was going to fade away but you've kept it alive:D! Thanks for the support. How is the O going for you?

Alice-Hi and welcome. I hope you try Oxycise. It really does work but you have to do it consistently like Barb said. It really helps the energy level that's for sure. I really miss it when I don't do it and can tell the difference. I hope you decide to join us.:)

Hi New-Me-A big welcome to you:). I hope you had success with the oxyciseplus website! It took me a while to find it too. So many sites are changing. This one included:dizzy:. So what do you think about O? I hope you join us here.

Nancy-where are you? We miss you. I hope all is well with you and your family:D! Please check in.

Okay I'm going to post it here. I will do O tomorrow morning! Level 2. Okay I said it now I have to do! Have a nice evening everyone.

Lucidone
10-04-2001, 09:41 AM
WoW! This feels good. Being back on the Oxycise Thread! I hadn't realized how long it's been since I've been gone, but the computer said 69 DAYS!!!! Yikes!

Needless to say, life has been CRAZY. Back in March I got a part-time job to help me pay off some bills. Then in May, my boyfriend/roommate moved out so I needed to up my hours to be able to afford the rent. Then in July I was introduced to this really great guy who eventually moved in and became the roommate I desperately needed. The problem is that we were originally introduced on the romantic level, and while there is attraction, neither of us is ready for anything serious... SO, sometimes it's a bit stressful around the house. I mean, imagine living with a beautiful man who is funny and smart and fun to be around, but you can't touch him? And it's not even him that's really preventing anything... it's me too! I mean, I just got out of a relationship, and jumping right into another one would be more destructive than anything...

Problem is, between working so much and this new roommate situation my anxieties have been working overtime and I've been looking for different ways to relax. Then, I remembered all the Oxycise tapes sitting on the bookshelf! Yes, it is time to start up again! Time to start getting more oxygen to the brain! Time to start focusing on myself and not worrying about things I can't control!

Needless to say, with everything going on, I have been losing weight. I am down to 160 (20 pounds since January - woohoo!). I know it's not much, but hopefully since it's been such a slow loss, any re-gain will be even slower... How did I do it? You live with a hot roommate and tell me if you can eat bad food!

So tonight, after I get home from work, I will be doing my Level 1 to get back into the swing of things. It's good to be back!

And Barbg - thanks for keeping in touch with the e-mails!!!!! They have been wonderful!

ageoldie
10-04-2001, 04:43 PM
If everyone is going to get back on the Oxycise track I guess I'd better do that too. But... I can't start anything on Friday, so Monday will be the day, or maybe Sunday.. Anyway I need to get serious for the next three weeks. Then we leave for our convention in Las Vegas and I want to be Slim & Trim & Whatever for that. I've been working on my hairstyle and am finally getting it in shape. I went to a hairdresser about 6 months ago that really ruined my hair. She gave me the perm from ****...and it's been a long six weeks, but I've finally gotten it back in shape and gotten a new perm, and next week I get more color, and then I think I'll be able to look decent for a while:cool:

Well, I'm at work, so I need to get off the net and get back to work.