Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:18 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Question Gliding Discs... Anyone Tried Them?

I was just reading about the new gliding discs and wondering if anyone has tried them? If so how do you like them? I am wondering what they do to the carpeting...???
Old 06-05-2006, 09:57 AM   #2  
it's always something

Interesting! I've not seen them 'in real life' but from the photos on the net, they remind me of furniture moving pads - if you know what I'm talking about. If that's what they are like, then I think they would be really safe for the carpet.

Walmart carries them for $24 (out of stock online but local stores prob have them) vs $19,99 + 12.31 shipping if you order direct.

If you get them, let me know what you think
Old 06-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 176.3

Yeah, I would really like to know how well these work! I love to rollerblade, and the movement seems similar. If they're as good as they sound I may have to get some for rainy days when I can't make it outside.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #4  

I had to go check these things out because I'd never heard of them. It sort of reminds me of the exer slide thing.. remember that from a few years ago? I got a great workout.. when I wasn't flinging myself off the end of it and crashing into things. I think I'd be too afraid of hurting myself with this.. I mean how do you stop the things from sliding as you move?
Old 06-06-2006, 12:54 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yah I think I will pass on them too for the same reason... I think I would probably kill myself on them LOL.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/202/150

One of the magazines I get (Womens Day maybe, but I'm not certain) rated those things the best weight loss device for the money. They said the things were fun and easy to use and actually did help you tone up. I live in a tiny Apartment with 3 other girls, so I don't have the room for at home exercise, but if I did I think it would be worth 20 bucks to try them.

Lisa
Old 06-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

I bought them, and they're very nice, as a supplemental exercise. They're not as dangerous as those sliding things, as you keep your feet half on and half off, so your heels act like brakes. I bought them and the dvd that goes with them by Mindy Mylrea, and I like doing it. The ones I bought are for a hardwood floor however, not a rug.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #8  

I have used them at the gym. They really boost your heart rate and make your workout more difficult. I can't imagine at all that they would work on carpet. I do wish there was a strap to put your foot through, though, because I have a hard time keeping them under my feet.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #9  

Mellissa Rivers has a new showed called craze which she gives exercise equipment to 2 people for 30 days to try & then they rate it. They did the gliding discs & they really liked them
Closed Thread