Carb Counters - Need fast reply - More Salad and veggies allowed?

TravelinGal
06-04-2006, 02:46 PM
Is it acceptable (induction) to eat more salad and/or veggies (thinking broccoli specifically) than the 2C salad/1C veggies?

We've been hungry still and our carb counts are pretty low. (carb count was 16/9/11 for the past 3 days) Having a hard time getting more carbs in!

DH wants to do a salad bar for lunch, order a burger and have broccoli with it. (so I'm looking for a fast reply!)

(will follow all other rules of induction - selecting carefully from the salad bar etc)

Thanks!
Robin

lilybelle
06-04-2006, 05:00 PM
I used extra salad and extra green veggies even during induction to keep my carbs around 20 a day. I didn't eat as much fat as recommended, ever. I know this isn't what the book recommends but it worked OK for me. You can try and see what happens, I guess everyone could be different. I lost 12 lbs. during induction and 2 lbs. a week most weeks thereafter.

lady_adnerb
06-04-2006, 10:32 PM
I never counted my salad. Too much futzing for me. I say it's healthy so go for it :)

JerseyGyrl
06-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Since Atkins says: "Eat no more than 20 grams a day of carbohydrate most of which must come in the form of salad greens or other vegetables" I'd say go for it!!! I think its safe to say, none of us got fat eating salads & veggies!

All the best to you!!!

Kim

hockeyfan7
06-05-2006, 01:31 PM
As Kim says, veggies will not make you fat. There's almost no calories and pretty low carbs.

lilybelle
06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Kim, that's my thinking exactly. I didn't get fat from eating salads and veggies so I used these to keep me full and didn't feel at all guilty about it. I also had more fruit than most people probably allow, but fruit isn't what made me fat.

catcookie
06-08-2006, 04:03 PM
I'd say have them too! I'm having spinach And califlower with butter tonight with my swordfish steak for dinner.