General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-03-2006, 05:08 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Unhappy Most Disgusting Fast Foods...

I put this in General (but I see it got moved) since it is meant to be all in fun... but seeing some of the ads for fast foods I thought it would be fun to start a thread to see what the most disgusting things being sold as "food" we could find. IMO right now top prize goes to KFC for their new "Famous Bowl." You get:

A bowlful of mashed potatoes, topped with
corn... then topped with
crispy fried chicken pieces -- topped with
gravy - topped with
three-cheese blend

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Wonder if if includes a free phone call to the paramedics for you!!??

Or maybe the Burger King Triple Whopper with Cheese
3/4 pound of beef
2 slices American cheese
Lettuce
Mayo
Tomatoes
Pickles
onions
Bun

"Only" 1230 calories, 740 of which are from fat!! (82g of fat)

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-03-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #2  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I cant really say anything...cause I love most fast food. I just stay away from it cause I know how bad it is for you.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 07:53 PM   #3  

Well actually I could love the taste of it also... but as you said I avoid it because it is horrid for me.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Whoa on the triple whopper!!! That's an entire day's worth of calories!!! EWE
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/238/150

Height: 5'3

What about Hardee's "Philly Steak Burger"? It's Philly steak meat on top of a hamburger!
natascharenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #6  

LOL you mean Hardee's came up with something worse than the Monster Thick Burger? <GGGG>

Oh here is one....

Hardee's 2/3 pound Bacon Cheese Thickburger

1340 calories, 96g fat, 205 mg cholesterol, 2110 mg sodium, 870 calories from fat.

My info source is a site called Fast Food Facts.

LOL the highest breakfast I found (on same site) is

Steak 'N Shake Biscuits, Gravy and Hash browns

Calories 1584, 99g fat, 891 calories from fat

then there is the Jack in the Box Strawberry Banana Ice Cream Shake

1410 calories, 56g fat, 135g sugar, 199g carbs

YIKES! No wonder there is such a weight problem in our society!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-03-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:41 PM   #7  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

I agree! Everytime I see that KFC commercial, I want to hurl. I used to love fast food, but even still, I would have NEVER tried that nasty stuff in the bowl!

I had a happy meal about 2 months ago and actually felt ill afterward. No more McDonald's for me. If you stay away from it long enough, your body will thank you! I do miss Rally's fries. If anyone is familiar with Rally's.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #8  

I've never heard of Rally's. Interesting... I googled it and at least in my first "once-over" the sites all say nutrition info not available.

But in my research I came across a book called Fast Food Nation and bought a copy on eBay. Can't wait to read it.

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-03-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #9  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Yeah, I don't want gravy or cheese all over my corn and chicken, that sounds nasty, but hey, the whopper sounds pretty good!

Wonder what in the world a steak and shake biscuit is. I'll have to google that to see where the shake comes in........

Edited to say that I now realize steak and shake is a chain restaurant that serves biscuits, gravy and hashbrowns. I was envisioning some kind of weird milkshake and biscuity thing, I guess, like the KFC junk.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #10  

I havent seen the comercial for the KFC Bowl but is does sound discusting not even considering the calories in it
shorebound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:11 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Misti, I didn't read Fast Food Nation, but I did listen to the abridged version a few years ago. It definitely changed my view of the food at fast food restaurants, and it was very interesting to hear how he correlated a lot of societal and economic changes to the fast food industry.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #12  

Thanks, Tammy... I just found a website that had some interview with the book author and also an interview "debate" he had with a guy from McDonald's. It was interesting and I am looking forward to getting the book.

It was not all that long ago that I would have gone and gotten the Whopper LOL but no more! It's not worth it. And corn and gravy on my chicken and potatoes... ewwww no thanks! <G> I do like their BBQ chicken wings but I looked up the calorie and nutrition content and glad I haven't eaten them lately!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 06-03-2006 at 11:29 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:46 AM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

KFC isn't the worst option out there, though - they have a number of low-cal items on the menu. Granted, its still not the best choice, but if you're in a pinch, it can fit in just fine if you order right.

I can't say the same about wienerschnitzel. EVERYTHING on their menu appears to be deep fried, or a hot dog. Sometimes a deep fried hot dog. Serious fat and calories.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:03 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I have to agree with the KFC bowl thing. I saw that on tv and just thought EWWWW and I will be the first to admit I'm a fast food addict.

Libby - Yes I love Rally's fries too, don't eat them a lot but they are very good!

What about the new Arbies Gyro? To me that just doesn't look appetizing. I love Gyros -- authentic ones, but some how theirs with their "Roast Beef" doesn't look too good to me.

I found an interesting article too, it is called, Disgusting Secrets of Fast Food. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link, but if you google it you should find it or PM me and I'll send it to ya.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #15  

Ive read fast food nation and avoid fast food now like the plague. I would suggest everyone read it but be aware that it has lots of information about slaughterhouses. I am a vegetarian and was sickened. Here are some quotes that I use on my away messages from the book:

In the USDA study 78.6 percent of the ground beef contained microbes that are spread primarily by fecal matter. The medical literature on the causes of food poisoning is full of euphemisms and dry scientific terms: coliform levels, aerobic plate counts, sorbitol, MacConkey agar, and so on. Behind them lies a simple explanation for why eating a hamburger can now make you seriously ill: There is **** in the meat.

-Fast Food Nation

And one more

The Monfort Beef plant in Greeley Colorado was one of the original participants in the program. According to federal inspectors there, the meat produced under the new system "had never been filthier." At SIS-C slaughterhouses, visibly diseased animals- cattle infected with measles, and tapeworms, covered with abscesses- were being slaughtered. Poorly trained company inspectors were allowing the shipment of beef contaminated with fecal material, hair, metal shavings, urine and vomit.

-Fast Food Nation
Tampaquillowner is offline   Reply With Quote