WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for the month of June

friendlykat4u
06-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Here's to a brand new month! :hat:

Hope we all have great June! :)

auntie
06-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks for starting us off Karla!

It's hard to believe that we are already in June! Oh my I'm already trying to cram everything into the summer so I don't have to do it all when school starts up again. Like doctor appointments.... etc.

Tina, so birthday girl are you preparing for the big day? You know I believe in celebrating for the entire week.... so let the partying begin :) :hug:

Tammy, I am sure that was a very emotionaly day for you. As much as I love school and my kids and look forward to summer. I always get teary eyed. You are an awesome teacher!!!!! Your kids are lucky to have had you! A class of 85, wow, my nephew's class was 700. With fewer kids, you can do so much more than the herding of cattle they do with larger classes. Give him a hug for all of us!

Karla, one of my students head butted me back in March. I was having to restrain her and she clocked me. Luckily an administrator was walking in the door and saw it all. My nose is still a little tender. The sinus infection is finally getting better, and I go on Tuesday for allergy testing. Great job on your loss!

Do ya'll think we need a new thread for just our July 4 challenge or just do it on this thread? Let me know. I can't promise I will be much help but I'll do my best. I ate so much candy when I washome it's sickening! :D

Tina
06-02-2006, 10:50 PM
:o Ditto what Susan said, Karla,
Thank you for starting us off this month.
Wow, June is here.

Susan, my friend, yes ----us June babies need to Party Hard all month. :o :o :o
Larry and David are taking me to Outback Steakhouse next Friday night. And, they're getting my birthday cake at my fav bakery. So, starting tomorrow, it's veggies and water. :lol:

Tammy, I'm so glad you have the summer to recup.

I hope everyone will post a lot this month. A lot of our members are lurking and not posting! Shame on y'all.

:flow1:

Sis
06-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Hi all. I didn't dissappear off the face of the earth I just haven't been online in a long time. I have SO not done well on my weight. :( Since the wedding (which was beautiful by the way.) :) I have been eating terrible. But I am still doing Curves and the last couple days have been pretty good.

I hope everyone is having a nice summer so far. I know its not officially summer but it has been so nice out here. ;)

I can't believe my DD will be in high school next year! It just doesn't seem possible. Man, the years are flying by WAY to quickly!! Our school will be out on June 8th this year. She is really looking forward to summer!

Well I guess that's all for now. I just wanted to check in and say hi and let you know I didn't dissappear. LOL Take care and have a WONDERFUL weekend.... Sis :D

Tina
06-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Hi Sis,
It's sooooo good to hear from you. I'll be the wedding was beautiful. Do you have a photo of yourself to share????????? I'd love to see your dress.

Your daughter in high school! Time is flying. Her school is out later than the ones down here. I hope she doesn't go back until Sept.
What are her plans?
Are y'all planning a trip?
I wouldn't mind going down to the beach. Maybe we will next weekend, in honor of my birthday. :D

Everyone have a great weekend and stay OP.:D :D :D

friendlykat4u
06-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Tina when's your b-day? I believe in celebrating my b-day for a whole week too! :D Mine is July 2nd, coming soon... to a theater near you! :lol:

Sis, hi :wave:, are you Susan's little sister? I'm Karla, nice to meet you. I guess you can still consider me a newbie to this website, but everyone on this thread has been wonderful and so welcoming. :) Did you get married recently?

Susan, ouch, that must have hurt! I hope you're doing ok now. Summer time must be like a marathon for you trying to get everything done that you don't get to do during the school year. Just remember to take some time for yourself. I have a bad habit of forgetting that sometimes.

I'm all for a challenge, I have 10 lbs to lose for July 4th but it's getting tough. I had a great week this week, but last week I lost nothing. So we'll see how I do next week.

Tammy, how are you feeling? I should check out my local Y for water aerobics. My mom would probably benefit from it, she has arthritis and it bothers her leg a lot. I'm sure those exercises would help her.

Tina
06-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Hi,
For the new members, Amy is Susan's sister.
Sis just had a daughter get married. From my post, it probably sounded like she was the one. :o I wanted to see the Mother of the Bride dress. :)

Karla, my birthday is June 9th. I believe in celebrating as long as possible. :lol:
Today I had 0 pt. veggie soup for lunch. I need to lose several pounds so I can enjoy my birthday cake. :lol:

auntie
06-03-2006, 05:03 PM
It's a beautiful day here. I really haven't done much of anything today. I'll do the watering of the flowers and gardens later this evening. We are already under watering restrictions (at least they are in town).

Pat's just left to go play tonight. They are playing in Ft. Worth and are going to practice before they actually go. He never said "did I want to go" so I took it as he really didn't want me to go. At the last minute, he said "I guess you aren't going with me." Actually, I wanted to stay home.

Karla, Amy is my little sister. She goes by Lil Sis. She's been married 12 years (I think) and has 3 children. She lives in San Antonio.
Sis, it's good to hear from you. I know the wedding was beautiful.

Tammy, are you relaxing? I think I wanted to stay home tonight so I could just do NOTHING.

Tina, if I was there we would be going out for lunch to start off festivities. :)

Karla, my birthday is June 25 and my son's Seamus is July 10. He would have been 2 years old. It seems like yesterday.

Have a good day, I'll be on later I'm sure since I'm flying solo tonight.

Tammy
06-04-2006, 10:13 PM
I survived graduation today. I was teary eyed, but I never cried. Now last night was another story. I couldn't stop crying! I was warm in the gym today, but not horrible. Graduation was neat since we do have smaller classes. Slide show with the baby picture plus the senior picture, telling what their future plans are, activities while in high school, and the moment that they were proud of in HS. Tim chose earning his Eagle Scout Award. Bob and I went to one party after graduation, then he brought me home to sleep. I was exhausted just from grad. and the one party.

Sis, I am so disappointed that we weren't able to get to the wedding to sing. Someone must have given us the wrong directions. lol

Tina, I haven't been to Outback in years! I think it is time to go. Maybe not tonight though.

Karla, I highly recommend the water aerobics! Even just getting in the water and walking makes a difference. Tell your mother to give it a try. It's amazing how good I feel when I'm in the warm water.

My first week out of school and the Y here is shut down for maintenance (drain and clean the pool, and other things). I need to be walking this week to get ready for the Disney trip.

Susan, now that graduation is over I can relax a little. I have a couple friends coming up to see the house on Thursday, so I told the guys that we have to get this place presentable. It isn't awful, but some touching up wouldn't hurt. sure wish we could all get together to hear Pat's band. Does he ever play in Ohio?????? lol

Tina
06-04-2006, 10:50 PM
Evening,
Tammy, I'm glad you made it through graduation without too much emotional upset. I bet Tim looked so handsome in his cap and gown.
Susan, I'm glad you had a good time in SA. Rest and enjoy your summer off work.

I wish all of you could be here to help me celebrate my birthday. We'd have a wild time.
Wish we didn't all live so far apart. Mimi and Maureen are the farthest from me.
Tomorrow, Larry interviews for a managerial position. He says the woman in charge probably already knows who she's going to pick - and it's not him. He's going to give it all he's got, though. :D I'll let y'all know what happens. (A little more money coming in would be very nice.)

auntie
06-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Evening,

It's been a beautiful HOT day here!!! We were going to mow but decided to go out to dinner instead. I liked that idea much better.

Tammy, congratulations!!!! I would have been crying the entire time!!! You have to be the proudest mom in Ohio!!! Tell Tim we are proud of him!

Tina, gosh wouldn't we have a blast!!! I keep thinking I'm going to just come to Houston so we can meet. I hope Larry gets the job! Keep us posted.

Karla, what's going on with you?

Has anyone heard from Loodie? I know she was going to have her surgery and I've been thinking about her.

Tammy
06-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Tina, how did Larry's interview go? Hope it was awesome!!
One of these days, maybe some of us can get together. New Orleans is kind of out for now though.
Susan, dinner or mowing? That wasn't a hard choice, at least for me. lol

Ok. I changed my tracker to make it more reasonable or doable. Maybe if I aim for 10 pounds at a time, that will help instead of seeing 30 pounds to go (which really should be more than 30 now).

Tim and I will be running errands today. He job shadows tonight starting at 11:00. He'll be done at 7:00 tomorrow morning. He's taking a sleeping bag, etc., and he'll just stay at the old house instead of driving home. Closer to where he'll be tonight.

Tina
06-06-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi all,
Well, Human Resources fouled things up about the interview. It's today instead of yesterday. Larry went downtown and waited and waited. He finally banged on the upper manager's door. She said it was never going to be yesterday! He sent her his e-mail from HR saying it was Monday. So, it's today.....we hope. :o

Tammy, what is Tim doing? What is job shadowing? I've missed something here.
Susan, I agree that I'd rather have dinner than mow. What a thought---mowing in this heat!
How is everyone else???????????????

Hey, where's a good place for us to meet?

Tammy
06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I can just imagine how frustrated Larry was yesterday. At least he had the message to prove that he was right!

Job shadowing is where Tim does a ride-along with a police officer. He has done a similar thing with other police officers, sheriff's deputy, and a parole officer. It's just to give him an idea of what the real world is like since he's getting into that field. Makes me nervous.

We went shopping today. I was going to buy a new swimsuit. I didn't find any that I like any better than the one I have. I guess I'll order one on line to use for the aerobics class. The one that I have is a top and a bottom, and the top moves up when we are doing things. Doesn't make me very comfortable.

I bought 3 cards at the Hallmark store. Tim bought lunch. We didn't get anything else. Wasted trip.

I'm not sure where a good place to meet would be. I'll have to get out the atlas sometime and look. I'm not even sure where everyone lives! I should write that down sometime.

Tina
06-06-2006, 07:18 PM
I think several people live up north. 3 of us live in Texas (like you don't know) and 2 live in Canada.
Kansas seems to be in the middle. HOWEVER, what's in Kansas!!!!! :D :D :D

Larry had the interview. He said they were looking for a Type P personality who would get in the other managers' faces and yell. (He thinks they already have someone in mind.) Since Larry will not do that, he's not going to get the promotion. :( Oh well. :(
I've done good staying OP today.
I haven't exercised for 2 days. Oops. I think I'll survive.

auntie
06-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi,

We could meet in St. Louis or in Kansas either one! Don't you like the way I named a city and and then a state..... duh!!! I just realized it. :)

Tina, I'm sorry that Larry had to go through that. What is a Type P person? That's a new one for me! What jerks, don't they know yelling doesn't get you anywhere!!

Tammy, I have a bathsuit or two you can borrow!! I never use them. I wish we had a pool because I would use it if we had it. I loved water aerobics when I went before.

I went this morning for my allergy testing. The lady that did it was really a neat person! We chatted the entire time. You know me I would talk to the wall if it would talk back. Anyway, she said she could tell I had testing before since my reactions were not as bad. Of course I was very allergic to dogs and cats. They aren't going anywhere. The doctor will look at my results and will let me know where we go from here. I'm pretty sure it's shots.

Ok, I have to rant for a second. They keep talking about "don't leave your baby in the car!" on the news. People are such idiots!!! I can't believe that they have to tell people that! You would think they would know!!!

Tina
06-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Next time I'll proof my post before sending it!!!!

Duh, I meant Type A personality and not P. Please excuse me.
Maybe I should put my glasses on next time. :lol: :lol:

auntie
06-06-2006, 10:17 PM
How funny, I thought it was a type I didn't know about. :) That tells you what I know!!!! :hug:

Tammy
06-07-2006, 12:13 AM
Susan, I giggled about St. Louis and Kansas. I've been to both, so I know where they are. lol I'd have to sew your suits together to fit me, I'm a bit big. Keep us posted on the allergy stuff. I know quite a few people who get the shots. I agree about people leaving babies in cars. I just don't understand them.

I think the people at Larry's job are just poopy-woopy (elementary swear word there). Maybe we should go talk to them and get in their faces!!! The wouldn't know what hit them!

Tim is off with the policeman. Bob is in Michigan. Kramer is in bed. And I'm sitting here thinking I should be in bed. lol

fat1outof3
06-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Hi everyone. Well it's still raining here in New England and 60 degrees and it's supposed to be like this until Saturday. I can't take much more of this rain. For the last month, it seems that it just keeps raining. I think we've only had a few really good days. I just needs some really nice weather to put me in a good mood. I really don't want to leave my bed on days like these.

Tammy, you must be really proud of Tim. I would be worried about him too. I admire someone who would go into that type of profession. It's tough work. My brother-in-law is a police officer in Fayettville and his wife is with the FBI. We're always worried about them, especially because they have a young son.

Tina, too bad about Larry's interview. Look at the bright side, I don't think he would really want to work for a company like that anyways. They should have taken him in for the interview on Monday because that was their mistake. I know that if someone were to come to my office on the wrong day, we would try our best to fit them in.

Well, I guess I should get to work, otherwise, I won't want to do anything at all today.

auntie
06-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Morning All,
It's a wonderful HOT day here. It's suppose to be like 97 or 98 today. So that means we will probably hit 100. It's too early to be that HOT!!!

Jennifer, send some rain here! We need it :) I don't think I would like it if it rained all the time either. What's new with you?

Tammy, Yea.... let's go to Houston and take care of Larry's interviewers. We will let them know how wonderful he is and he should have the job :) :) I'm sure he would appreciate it! What are friends for???? I was going to mow this morning and changed my mind! I think I'll just lay on the couch and watch tv.

Tina, tell Larry we are on the way!!! What are friends for!!!

Mimi, where are you girl? We've been missing you.

Karla, how are you doing?

I sent Loodie a private message but haven't heard back from her. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

friendlykat4u
06-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Morning everyone! Well, like Jennifer said, itís a regular monsoon over here! Thatís all weíve been getting, rain, rain and more rain. Susan Iíll gladly send it all to you! :D Send some of that nice hot weather, actually, not all of it, just a little. I donít like it too hot either! LOL

Tammy, congrats on Timís graduation. You must be such proud parents, he sounds like a great kid. I donít blame you for worrying, being in the police force is not an easy job, I give him a lot of credit for wanting to do that. My brother is in the ARMY and currently stationed in upstate NY. He was in Iraq for a full year and came back a year ago. And he has been informed that heís going back to Iraq for another year, leaving in Aug. Nobody is happy about that, and my mom is devastated. Sheís always glued to the TV watching news from there. We all tell her to stop but she wonít, it just makes it worse for her. I rather not know anything while heís there. Not b/c I donít care, itís b/c I canít handle that type of stress.

Whenís your trip to Disney? Iíd send you one of my bathing suits but youíd probably think itís a tent! :D LOL

Tina, Iím sorry about your husbands interview. Iíve worked for a couple of companies that set up interviews just to go thru the motions b/c they already have someone for the job. Itís not fair, but then again, if they want someone with a type ďPĒ ;) personality, maybe thatís not the job for him. My husband was working at Home Depot as a supervisor and he hated it, he said it was not in his personality to do that job. He ended up leaving and now heís going to school for plumbing, heís doing really well. Heís very smart, and Iím not just saying that b/c heís my DH! :D Tell Larry not to get discouraged, maybe he wouldíve been miserable in that job if he had gotten it.

Jennifer, Iím so sick of the rain too! My commute this morning was as slow as snails. And then you get the people who drive like maniacs and are always in a rush. A guy almost rear ended me this morning. I got so scared, but thankfully he was able to stop.

Susan, are you enjoying that hot weather? Is it humid too or just hot & dry? We havenít had much luck with the weather around here. Iím yet to see a nice wknd. I have next Monday off from work, just took a vacation day. DH is off from school right now and maybe we can take a long drive somewhere. Iím just wish the sun would come out! :)

Tina & Jennifer, what do you girls do for a living? I know Susan & Tammy are teachers. I work in mortgages, wondeful world of money! NOT! :D

I think we should all meet in Disney with Tammy! :D

maureen kempster
06-07-2006, 05:49 PM
Good afternoon all
I'm at work & really bored right now. Just trying to catch up on all your posts. Tina, I'm sure Larry wouldn't have enjoyed the promotion if it goes against his character. Something better will come along- & if I missed your birthday, happy belated birthday.

The weather here has been nice, it's been raining at night and pretty decent during the day.

I think that would be great if we could all meet somewhere. I'm not up much with geography so why don't you all come to Edmonton and we could go to West Edmonton Mall(supposed to be one of the biggest malls in the world!!)

So far since I've quit smoking I've lost about 23 lbs. I've been doing lots of walking and have been trying to get out at least 3 times a week roller blading-I want to get a better pair.

Anyway everyone have a great day I'm always lurking just not always posting(lazy lazy lazy)
Maureen

auntie
06-07-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey,

Maureen, it's great to hear from you!!!! Wow Edmonton would be great! I've never been to Canada!!!! You are doing great roller blading and not smoking. 23 pounds..... way to go!!!!!!! Are you happy being out on your own? It sounds like it!!!

Karla, send the rain on! Disney would be great too. We could take turns pushing Tammy in the wheel chair. She would always be first in line and she would get there first. I could see us running and pushing her. :D

Tammy, are you up for us pushing you?

Would you all please say an extra prayer for my aunt. She is the one that had the cancer in her leg. They have found a spot near her kidney now. We are a lot a like and very dear to my heart. I'm thinking of flying out to CA in the next few weeks.

fat1outof3
06-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Well, another cloudy, rainy day here in CT. Karla, I know what you mean about the traffic. I had a nice slow ride into work yesterday as well. Luckily my commute is only 20 minutes. I am an Office Manager for a Construction Management firm. We build for schools, churches, non-profit organizations, housing, etc. Our jobs range from $100,000 to $15 million. I am also the Marketing Director for the company so it keeps me pretty busy. My father owns a small construction company and I was always interested in the business.

Susan, I'm so sorry about your aunt. She and your family are in my prayers. I would love to send you some rain. The news is saying tomorrow, more heavy rain. I was watching the news last night and some of the streets are actually crumbling from all the rain.

Maureen, Edmonton sounds great. I have family in Calgary, Montreal, Quebec City and New Brunswick. I've never been to Edmonton and would love to see the "biggest" mall in the world. Now that I've gone down just about 4 pant sizes, I am beginning to really like shopping. If only I could make enough money to keep up though. LOL. I quit smoking at the end of March and I have to say that I feel great physically and mentally. Good for you on your weight loss since you quit smoking.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

friendlykat4u
06-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh Susan I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I'll say a prayer for her and your family. Hope everything is ok. :hug:

Way to go Maureen! You're doing a great job. I've never smoked, but both my parents used to smoke and my brother does on and off. My dad always says it's the best thing he could've done, to quit. I remember going thru a magazine when I was in college and it had pretty graphic pictures of all the damage it does to the body inside and out, it was pretty gross. I guess that completely turned me off from even trying. I remember some of my friends smoking and thinking they looked so cool.

Jennifer, sounds like you have a nice job, especially if you enjoy it. Me, sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I don't. My dream has always been psychology but I didn't go to school for it. I guess I could always go back, but tuitions are so darn expensive it's sad. I have other priorities in my life right now, I can't afford to go back to school. Oh well, some day! :)

I'm so tired of the rain. Our parking lot at work is probably 1/4 flooded and it's a pretty big parking lot, there are 2 buildings on the lot and one of them flooded, not ours... darn! :D LOL And we're supposed to get a lot more rain today. :eek:

Tomorrow is Tina's b-day! :dance: :D

Tina
06-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi all,
Susan, I am so sorry about your aunt, Of course, all your family will be in my prayers. I am here for you, as all of us are.

Yes, tomorrow (Friday) is my birthday. I started celebrating today. My sister took me to a Brazillian restaurant. First you start at the enormous salad bar......not just any salad bar. This one had asparagus, all kinds of cheeses, and things I didn't recognize. :lol:
Then, you get baked plantains, some weird, but good, rolls, mashed potatoes, etc. And, the meat. They bring around skewers of sirloin, filet mignon, lamb, chicken thighs, chicken breast wrapped in bacon, chicken breasts, little sausages. I'm sure I've left some out. You pick what you want and they cut you off a slice!
Dessert was a large slice of cake with a candle in it and an orchid on the side of the plate. Fancy!!!
Needless to say, I'm not eating anything but a green salad tonight. :lol:
It's a good thing I exercised extra hard this morning.

Everyone have a good rest of the evening.

Tammy
06-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Jennifer, losing 4 pant sizes is wonderful!!! Way to go. Having relatives in law enforcement, you can understand how worried I am. When I talk to Tim about it, it's always "Oh mom!".

Karla, your family has your brother going back to Iraq, so you know the worries involved there. I don't think I'd watch the news either. Stress can do so many awful things to a person.
We leave for Disney on June 16. We'll be stopping in Georgia, and then arrive at Disney on June 18. I think all of you should meet me there!!! As for your swimming suit being a tent, I could use a tent.

Maureen, I really don't know geography when it comes to Canada. I have no idea where Alberta is. I'll be hunting up the atlas when I get off of here. The mall sounds great. 23 pounds is super!!

Susan, I'm not sure about you guys pushing me in a wheelchair. lol Some friends and I went to an aquarium in Chicago a couple years ago, and they took turns pushing me. What a trip!!
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. If you get the chance to go see her, DO IT!!!

Tina, what a meal! I ate at Ponderosa Steak House buffet. It was yummy while I was there, but it sure doesn't measure up to what you had! Wow!

auntie
06-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi,

Hope everyone had a great day. I've had a migraine all day, woke up with it at 4 AM. It's bearable now but has knocked my socks off. I went for a manicure and pedicure this morning. I had to take Pat to work this morning so I stopped on the way home. When they massaged my feet, it made my head feel some better then I came home and took a nap!

Oh guess what?? I start allergies shots in a week. I have to go for a test vial to make sure I don't have a major reaction and then I'll get my first shot. Yippee!!!

Karla, I'm sorry your cousing has to go back to Iraq. Let us know if we can send stuff to him and his troop. I would love to do that and would be honored to help him out for all he does for us! I wouldn't watch the news either.

Jennifer, 4 pants sizes!!! You go girl!!!! I need you to rub off on me!!! I'm ready to start going down. I feel like I'm starting.

Tammy, how was Tim's ride? I'm sorry if you said already! I don't always remember things when I have a headache. I had to ask Pat 3 times where I was suppose to pick him up. I'm sure he though I had been drinking :)

Birthday Girl Tina!!!! What a treat!!!! It was a good thing that you exercised :) I hope you did it for me too.

I started cleaning the spice cabinet out today. I have a bunch and I never use them all. I seem to use the same things. I'm in a cleaning out mood.

I am going to get some of Seamus' big stuff like high chair and car seat and I'm giving it to the pharmacist at the grocery store. She is a great person and I would know it was going to a good home and it would be loved. She knows my story and said they would be honored. She had been trying to get pregnant and finally did invitro. She said, "I don't want you to give me anything you don't feel comfortable with." I said it is going to be helping me with the grieving process. I'll make a big step doing. I feel real good about doing it.

GO MAVS!!! I guess I'll be watching the basketball game tonight!

Tina
06-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Evening,
Tammy, I would feel the same about David if he was riding along with the police. I'd be petrafied!!! I'm so excited for you that your trip is almost here. Have a super fantastic time. Don't forget to send post cards. :D

Karla, I agree with Susan. I would like to send your brother some Care Packages.
Jennifer, sorry about your weather. You can keep your rain, though.
Maureen, my sister has been to your mall. She told me how enormous it was. We would get lost there. :)

Joybell, you are too quiet. How are things with you?
Terry, how are you doing?
Sis, do you have any special plans for the weekend, since your dd is out of school?
Amy, my friend, are your kids all well? I hope so.

Susan, take care of yourself. I'll bet your migrane was caused by you worrying about your aunt. How is your dad doing these days?
Mimi, stop reading and start posting!!!!!

I hope I've mentioned everyone by name. If I haven't, please forgive me.

auntie
06-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks for all of the prayers for my aunt. I'll let you know what's going on after she goes tot he dr. on the 13th.

Tina, my dad is doing great!!! I don't know if I told you but he has gotten him a personal trainer at the gym. I could really tell a difference in his balance when I was down there. He looked really good.

My migraines are hormonal. I used to be able to kind of predict when I would get them ( I would either have killer cramps or a migraine after TOM). I've only had them in the last 10 years. But lately, I've been getting them before, it's strange. All of the girls in my immediate family have them. We use to think they were sinus headaches. Little did we know.

friendlykat4u
06-09-2006, 07:50 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!!! :woo:

Thank you so much everybody for offering to send my brother and his group something, that's so sweet of all of you! He hasn't left yet, they're scheduled for Aug but not sure when, they never know exact dates until it's closer. And once they're there it takes a while for us to find out where to mail them things and if we can anyway.

Susan, how's your head? I've gotten a few migraines myself but not many and they're terrible! :( Hope you're feeling better, especially after that manicure & pedicure. :)

I'm sure it's not easy to give some of Seamu's things away, but like you said, it's part of the grieving process. You'll be ok. :hug:

Tammy, sure you want a tent? You're going to Disney, not camping remember! ;) LOL Did you start packing yet or are you a last minute packer? You must be excited, you're going to have such a good time there. :)

Jennifer, it looks like we're getting some sun this wknd!!! YIPEEE!!!!! :D And I have Monday off from work... double YIPEEEE!!! LOL Maybe DH will take a drive to Mystic or to Foxwoods! :)

auntie
06-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Happy Birthday day to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dearrrrrrrr Tina, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!! :hb: :gift: :woo: :grouphug: :balloons:

Tina, Hope you had a GREAT day!!!!

Jennifer and Karla, glad you are going to get some sun. We are still waiting on that rain :wink:

My head is much better. It still hurt some earlier but I took some more Imitrex and I think it knocked it out the rest of the way.

I cleaned out the spice cabinet and pantry today. I threw a bunch of stuff away. Things that had expired, etc..... I didn't know spices got old.

Sis
06-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi all. Time for my weekly check in. :) I don't get on her much then I have to catch up on all the posts. LOL Hope everyone is doing great. My dd is out of school and happy for summer to begin. Our temps, however, are not cooperating. It has been quite a cool week end for June. Only in the mid to high 60's. :( I want at least the 70's! Oh well, it will warm up eventually.
Got to see my new great neice yesterday. She is so pretty. She was born on June 6th, 9 lb 6 oz, 20 inches long. I LOVE babies. :)
Anyways belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tina!!!! Hope you had a wonderful day. Mine is next week the 19th. Taking a couple vac. days off work and enjoying a long week end.
Well I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the week end. Take care..... Sis :D

Tammy
06-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Karla, I think a tent would be fine. It would shade me from the sun!! lol I have started packing. Well, I packed my make-up bag. Can't forget that stuff, right? I think we'll get the suitcases out tomorrow, and start throwing some things in as we think about it. I told Bob that I need new undies. I might just throw out the old ones as I use them on the trip instead of bringing them home to wash. He rolled his eyes at me.

Susan, when my parents passed away and we were going through the kitchen cabinets, I can't believe the spices that were there. I think some of them were a zillion years old. Yes, we pitched them. Actually, we put some of the tins in the auction we had and they sold!

Sis, you can check and post more often you know!!!! Hey, our 25th wedding anniversary is the 19th! We could party together. Want to come to Disney?

Can I change my tracker even if it isn't a Thursday?

Tina
06-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi all,
Thank you for all the great birthday wishes. Y'all are great!!!
I had a good one. David gave me a gift card. Larry gave me a beautiful necklace with a flat shell at the end and some dangly earrings. And, he gave me a Starbuck's card-----frappucinos here I come.

Tammy, I hope the tropical storm doesn't mess up your plans. At least it should put out that wild fire near Orlando. You already packed your make-up bag----that's the last thing I pack. :) I think getting new undies is a wonderful idea. :o
Susan, I think giving those things to the lady is a wonderful, healing thing to do. I believe you've waited long enough for it to be okay.

Sis, I can't believe y'all's weather. I wouldn't mind some cool mornings.
Karla and Jennifer----I hope this bad weather doesn't cause you to get more rain. Just what you don't need!

Tomorrow it's time to get back OP. However, tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. We're going out for seafood tomorrow night.

auntie
06-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Tina, it sounds like you had a good day! Enjoy that seafood. Are you going to Galveston?

Tammy, have a blast!

Karla, it is sunny up there?

Sis, Happy Birthday!!! Mine is the 25th.

Yes, I think that it will be healing to give some of the baby's things away. I started looking through some stuff and started crying. I'm not doing it all at once nor am I giving every thing away. It's only stuff that I feel I'm ready for. I want it to go to someone I care about to.

It's HOT here. Pat mowed this morning (allergies are getting me out of all kinds of yard work :) Then we went to the movies "Over the Hedge" It was cute.

Tammy
06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
We keep watching the weather to see how that storm is doing. It will be good for the fires down there, but I really don't want to have rain the whole time we're there.

Happy Anniversary Tina!!

Susan, Tim and Jess saw Over the Hedge. Tim thought that I'd like it. I haven't gone to a movie in 2 years. Can't sit that long. I guess I could sit in the back and get up when I needed to.

The men are mowing out back right now. Bob and Tim are at the old house mowing. Good thing we don't have to mow both places. Sat on the porch and watched fireworks last night. It was the last night of the big festival in town.

auntie
06-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Hope everyone is doing good today! I had a workshop and will have it all week. It's pretty good. I got home and started to chew a piece of gum and my crown came out. I'm sick!!!! I called the dentist here and they are going to get me in tomorrow afternoon. I'm SO GLAD!!!!

Tammy, I've been watching the weather for you too. Gosh, Tim and Bob could have come and mowed for us! :)

Tina
06-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Susan, that happened to Larry a couple of weeks ago. In fact, it was the Memorial Day weekend! No one would see him until Tuesday! They just glued it back in. I hope that's all you have to have done.
When do you start your shots? I hope you don't get a migrane.

Tammy, It looks like that rain will be all gone by the time y'all get there. I'm so glad!

How is everyone tonight? I get back OP tomorrow. We had Italian food tonight, instead of seafood. It was very good.

Tammy
06-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Susan, I'm so glad that the dentist can get you in so fast. lol to the guys mowing for you. They could have just ridden the rider down to Texas. They would have looked cute!

Tina, Italian is just as good as seafood in my book. Glad you enjoyed it.

Right now we have no water. Our water heater was going out. The plumber was here to put a new one in. It doesn't fit right, so he went to get another one. Bob and Tim have plans to go to the Air Force Museum in Dayton today. Hope this doesn't affect their plans. I can be here for the plumber. He's a friend of Bob's, so it's not a problem.

I need to go buy a dress for the trip.

Tammy
06-13-2006, 11:31 PM
I went shopping for a dress. The first store I went in had maybe 15 dresses total in the store. I couldn't believe it. Anything that I liked in my size? Of course not! I almost cried. I headed out of there and was going to drive to another town.

Saw Penney's just down a ways in the mall. Headed in there. I tried on lots of dresses. Liked most of them, but I kept remembering that Bob has made comments that all of my dresses are soooooooooo long. The last dress I tried on was a black dress that comes just below the knees. It was a little big, but I thought what the heck. It was a $90 dress, and I got it for $39. Thought that was pretty good. The top is a bit open and my bra showed a little, so I bought a black bra and panties. Did I feel racy or what? Good ol' white undies are my staple. lol

I asked the lady about slips, but they don't sell them. I ended up at Wal Mart, found a black slip and bought it. Bought a new pair of black shoes at Shoebilee. Didn't want to spend lots, because I don't wear heals at all anymore. My outfit is complete. I came home and went through my jewelry. Found 2 necklaces that will look nice I think. The one has a pearl on it, and I have earrings and a ring that match. I think I'll go with those. I need a new watch. I don't think I want to wear my Mickey Mouse or Tigger watch with that outfit. Now I wish I would have had my hair colored when I was there last week. I just had it cut. Oh well!!

The guys had a great time on their trip to the AF Museum. Tonight we had a landscaper person come to give us an estimate for trimming up some of the bushes here (I don't think the previous owners ever did.). We also need some pulled out that are dead.

Tina
06-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Happy Wednesday!
It is a beautiful day here. Yesterday we reached 100 degrees and stayed there. Boy was it hot!!!:devil:

Tammy, it sounds like you had quite a shopping trip. I've noticed that lots of stores just do not carry dresses anymore. What's the deal????? Your outfit sounds wonderful. Yes, I'd get another watch to go with that great outfit. Mickey and Tigger really don't go with that. :lol:
Susan, how's everything with you?
Karla, Jennifer, Terry, Amy, Joybell------what's going on?
Mimi, I know you are out there. ;)
Maureen, how's the roller blading going?
Sis, it's almost your birthday. Any special plans?

I don't think I mentioned this....Larry gave me a dozen red roses in a vase for our anniversary. He's so sweet. :D

Little Sis
06-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Hey everybody!

Summer is moving too fast for me.

Tina, we are coming to your area of the state this weekend. We are going to be at Moody Gardens hotel Friday night until Monday morning. We are going to do Moody Gardens, Schilltterbaun (on Father's Day) then drive back on Monday.

It will be nice to get away for a couple of days. I have lived in San Antonio for 33 years and never been to Galveston. I guess it is about time.

Schilitterbaun (one of the largest water parks) is less that 30 miles from my house, but it is going to take me driving 4 hours before I go to one. The last time Rob and I went was when we were in high school, so it should be an adventure with the kids this time.

Yes Sue, I have ALREADY packed my sunscreen!

I am known as "Snow White" since I am so fair skinned. I have two shades, white with freckles or burnt.

Well I am off to mow the grass in 98 degree heat. :hot:

Tina
06-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Amy, you must have a death wish mowing in this heat.
Have a wonderful time in Galveston. Wish we could meet but I know that's impossible this time.
Schilitterbaun is up and running and very busy. We were in Galveston on Sunday. We drove past it and there were lots of people there.
It's not as large as the original one (we've been there) but I'm sure y'all will have a blast!

It's hot today!!!!!

Tammy
06-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Tina, I couldn't believe it either about the dresses. You know what else places don't have? Slips. Today I bought a new watch. White gold with pearl accents so it goes with the rest of the jewelry. I'm never this coordinated, so everyone should mark their calendars. A dozen roses!!! What a guy!!! Tell him that I like roses too.

Amy, have a wonderful trip! My sunscreen is packed also.

I am going to bed. Kramer is already snoring in his bed beside the computer table. lol

Tammy
06-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Just returned from taking Kramer to the doggy hotel. I felt so much better leaving him there than with the vet which we have done in the past. The owners are true dog lovers. The man took Kramer from me, cuddled him to his shoulder and started talking to him. He even gave K a kiss on the cheek. I didn't cry like I usually do because I could tell that he was going to be ok. The wife is out of town, but she will be back on Sunday. I know she'll love on him too because I've seen her with her own dogs. lol

Bob is washing the van. Tim went to the bank to get some $$. I'm thinking that a nap would be just the thing. We are planning to leave at 5:00 tomorrow morning.

auntie
06-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Ok I was thinking that NO one was posting and it was ME!!!! I never got the notices. :( Anyways, it's been a busy week....

I've been at a workshop all week on behavior strategies. I learned alot and came away with some new things in my pocket that I'll be using in the fall. Oh yea, I got paid for it too, so that was good.

Here's the scoop on the dentist..... I have to have a NEW CROWN because I broke off some of the tooth. It's had a root canal and I've worn down the post so I'll have to have it rebuilt. So doesn't that sound like fun? At least he glued it back on for the time being..... I go next week.

I start my allergy shots in July since I took the steriods for my sinus infection. Actually if my head still hurts on Monday, I'll be calling my ENT again. The steriods are making me want to eat everything . NOT GOOD.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have fun on vacations!!! Wish I was going on one.

Tina
06-17-2006, 01:03 AM
Tammy, I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you good-bye.

I haven't been getting notices, either. :( :( :( :( :(

Susan, hope you don't get a headache. Your dentist visit didn't sound like fun. Yuck to a new crown and all.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

auntie
06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
It seems like everyone is on vacation. Hope everyone is having fun and bringing us something good back!

On Tuesday, my friends daughter (22) was on her way back to college to gather her things. The college is in a town about 30 minutes north of here. She was in an accident and hit by an eighteen wheeler. She was Careflighted to Parkland hospital and is in coma. It will be a week on this Tuesday. Please keep her in your prayers. I've called my friend and left her a message and then called her best friend. I just want her to know that I'm here even though I don't know if I could do much.

Hope the Mavs win tonight!!!

Oh Canadian friends, is it true that you don't lock your doors? I saw that on tv because here we lock our doors to our houses. I was just curious and thought I'll just ask my friends... :)

maureen kempster
06-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope everyone's been ok. Haven't been doing too much here, it's been raining just about every day so no roller blading in over a week, but still managed to lose 2 lbs. Susan I don't know where in Canada they were talking about, but I'm sure most of the Edmontonians lock their doors. I know I sure do. They may have been talking about some very small town somewhere. Sorry to hear about your friend's daughter.

Well, I'm moving into a 2 bedroom apartment on July 1st. One became vacant in the building and the lady who manages this place seems to like me so I got it. It'll give me a room for the computer and the living room and balcony are much bigger than what I have right now. I'm on the 3rd floor now and the other apt is on the 2nd floor. Shouldn't be too hard to move-I'll just pack a box or 2 (not even wrap dishes etc) unpack in the apt and get someone to help with the furniture. She'll give me the keys as soon as the people move out.
Tonight our hockey team ,the Edmonton Oilers play against the Carolina Hurricanes for the Stanley Cup. It's the last game whoever wins this one is the Stanley Cup Champion. I don't really follow hockey, but our fans here are so amazing that you can't help but get caught up in all the excitment.

I hope you all have a great day and cheer for the Oils...

maureen

Loodie
06-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi all.

Susan I got your private message a couple weeks ago & rather than reply to only you, I intended to post to the board for everyone. Well, time got away from me and it took lots longer than I intended. :o

I did have surgery 3/1, the Roux-en-Y. For those that don't know, it is the one where a new stomach is created--VERY small--holds about 2 oz. max. The surgery was laproscopic so I have 6 small incisions (about 1/2-1" long). I had the surgery on Wednesday a.m. and was home again on Friday a.m. I was eating (full liquid diet) & walking on the afternoon of the surgery. All in all I came through very well. The only qlitch was a very bad cold the week after surgery--hurt when I coughed.

I have been sticking to the diet pretty religiously--only eating the things permitted. I am now eating 3-4 oz. per meal. I try to get in 2-3 oz of that as protein & the other as fruit or vegetable. I gradually go up in portions for the first year until I get to 8 oz. meals next February. The eating program is monitored for the first year. Basically the only foods I can't eat until December is bread, beef & apples. I need to stay away from sugar products--this is the one thing that will make me throw up. Also fats are not good (but then I have stayed away from those for years). I eat 3 meals each day and usually a light snack in the evening (& sometimes in the afternoon). Snacks are rice cake, LF, SF pudding, air-popped popcorn, or fruit (1/2 orange, 1/2 c. melon, etc.). I have learned that I usually need to eat every 4-5 hours. If I get hungry, I eat too fast & that does not have good results. I also need to be sure to take the supplements (especially the protein).

Those are the restrictions--Now for the benefits. I was taking 2 meds for blood pressure & am not taking any now. The acid reflux & gall stone meds will stop on 9/1 (6 months after surgery when new stomach is fully healed).
I can walk (quickly) 2 miles or walk/ride bike combo for an hour without a problem. I couldn't walk more than 1-2 blocks before the surgery. Walking upstairs with a laundry basket used to mean sitting for 15 minutes to be able to catch my breath before I could put the clothes away. Now I can go up and down the stairs 3-4 times without getting tired. I can tie my shoes, cross my legs at the knee, cross my arms, etc. I was wearing a size 26 (3X-4X) and now am firmly in an 18 (not plus, regular 18) and some size 16 depending on style. I have discovered I still have figure. I have lost 5" around each thigh & can wear skirts & walk without my legs chafing. I have lost nearly 1/2 of the 126# I wanted to lose in less than 4 months.

My sadness has been to have to get rid of all my nice career clothes. I have learned that Goodwill & Salvation Army are good sources of wardrobe, while I am passing through this size. For the first time in years I wanted to buy a swimsuit (We have 3 pools in the development community I live in) & couldn't find one that I wanted to wear. My daughter found one that was too small for her & gave it to me--I like it & it was free.

I'm at work so better shut down for now, but promise I will start posting more often. It is so nice to have a history with this group. :grouphug:

auntie
06-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Morning,

Can you believe that I have already exercised and walked all 4 dogs? I counted walking the dogs for riding my bike this morning. I might still ride it once I've cooled off some.

So they say in some parts of Texas got rain this weekend, but not HERE. We went to that wedding on Saturday night and it poured there so at 3 in the morning it was raining all the way to our county line and stopped. Go figure!

Loodie, thanks for the information! We have all been thinking about you. You are doing an AWESOME job! :hug:

Maureen, oh good because I thought I can't believe people don't lock their doors... and I know how the news slants things at times.

Tina, did ya'll get any rain?

Amy, are you a cripy critter? Too bad I wasn't invited to go along!!!! I never am!! Ya'll she is such a mean little sister! ;) :p Oh what would I do without her!!!!:hug:

Tammy should be having a blast by now!

Karla, Jennifer.... where are you girlies?

Somebody has a birthday today and I can't remember who? So please let me know. I do know mine is Sunday.

Tina
06-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Glub, glub, glub
Is it raining!??! Yes, it's raining! The water has gone down in our street but lots of places it's really bad. Everyone who can stay home from work is supposed to. One area of the south loop has been at a standstill for over 2 hours. The people can't get off. People are just stuck there in their cars.
Larry is on vacation this week. We aren't doing a thing today. Maybe we'll make to a movie.

:woo: Sis, have a wonderful birthday. :gift:
Susan, I'm very sorry about your friend's daughter.
Loodie, it's so good to hear that you are doing okay.
Mimi, how are you?
Karla, Terry, Jennifer, Joybell, how are y'all?
Amy, did you have a blast in Galveston. I want a play-by-play account.
Maureen, I'm so glad you can move into a larger apt.

Everyone have a good OP day.

Yes, I imagine Tammy is having a ball.

auntie
06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear SIS
Happy Birthday to YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!:gift: :grouphug: :woo: :balloons: :hb:

Tina
06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
How is everyone today????

Sis, how was your birthday party?

I'm sure Tammy is having a blast.

Susan, did y'all get any of this rain? I'll give it all to you.

Where is everyone lately???????

It stopped raining but is at it again. I may turn into a duck. :lol:

Little Sis
06-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Well we made if bck from Galveston late last night.
We had a wonderful time!
Yesterday morning we were worried about all the rain Houston and Galveston was having. After packing up, we made a made dash for it. The highways we had to take we both CLEAR and hardly any traffic.

Tina - I was worried about you. Were you in the flooded area? When we were coming down IH10 I could see the flooding on the side of the road. I prayed you were safe.

I will give a more detail about our trip later. Right now I need to take the kids and go grocery shopping. AFter being gone 4 days we have no milk, bread, eggs, or lunch meat. The natives are hungry!

The rain is suppose to hit here in the next 3 hours. WE need it!

auntie
06-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Howdy,

Tina, NO RAIN HERE!!! and it's not in the 5 day forecast. Oh my little plants need it so bad! I'm glad ya'll are safe. Amy called to check on you and I told her that I had gotten an email from you. I cant' believe all that ya'll are getting.

Oh Little Krispy Sis got sunburned. It doesn't take much to burn us lily white ones. :)

I got in touch with the ENT. I'm back on another 10 days of very strong antibiotics and will be going for a CAT scan. I can tell them what they will find. Actually, I should just give them Amy's.

I had lunch with my girl friend today. We ate Japanese. It's our favorite thing to eat. We love California rolls (everything is cooked) and then she got a salad with seared beef. I told her the beef needed to be seared a little more for me to eat.

Tina
06-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Thank you to everyone for worrying about Tina! :) :) :)
The rain is gone--for now. The sun was out bright and shining today. Larry mowed the front yard.
Happy Summer to everyone!
I'm really back OP now that all birthdays are over with. I've got to get rid of this fat.

Susan, are you prepared for having a wonderful birthday!

friendlykat4u
06-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Hello everybody! :wave: Howís everybody doing? I hadnít been able to post in a while, things have been a little crazy for me lately. Work, some days off, b-day parties, graduation parties, have relatives visiting right now, then more are coming after they leave, itís the end of the month at work (also known as crazy timeÖlol), plus Iím on vacation the 1st week of July and weíre planning on going to Niagara Falls and also to NJ to visit family.

Weather has been typical New England. We have hot & humid days, a couple of really nice sunny days, thunderstorms like crazy, rain and more rain. I donít even know what to wear anymoreÖlol.

Susan, howís your friends daughter? Thatís terrible what happened to her, I hope sheís doing ok. The queen needs a new crown huh? LOL, kidding, just being silly. At least you donít need another root canal. Hey someone has a B-DAY coming! :D

Maureen, thatís great you get more room. Moving can be a pain, but itís good youíre getting a bigger place.

Loodie, nice to meet you, Iím Karla. Thank you for sharing your experience with all of us. Iím sure youíre going thru a lot of changes right now and it sounds like youíre doing great. I know what you mean about the clothes, but Salvation Army and Goodwill are good places to go. There are a couple of stores here, one is Savers and they sell used clothes too.

Tina, did the rain stop yet? I was going to rent a canoe to go get you! :D It was pouring over here this morning. When I came into work there was nothing, then 10 minutes after it was like someone had turned on a shower, now itís gone, crazy.

Whenís Tammy coming back from Disney?

Ok, time to get some work done. Have a great day everyone and a wondeful weekend!

Tina
06-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Is it really Friday!
It's not raining!!!! There's no chance today and only maybe a scattered shower tomorrow and Sunday. This is the last of our vacation and we're planning on going down to Galveston on Sunday. We'll go to church and then go Wild. :lol: I'd like to go in the water.

Karla, it's been way too long since you posted. I'm glad to hear you are doing okay. Boy, you are one busy lady.
Have you ever been to Niagara Falls? (I've never been that far north.)
I see that y'all have been getting your share of rain. Maybe I need to rent a canoe to come get you. :lol:

Mimi, you need to post! Maureen, have you packed anything to move, even though it's in the same building?
Joybell, you are too quiet.
Terry, Jennifer, Sis----where are you???

Susan, what's the birthday girl doing on her day? :)
Amy, I want a report on your trip. Did you stay in the Moody Gardens hotel?
What did you eat? Seafood?

everyone have a great Friday

auntie
06-23-2006, 11:06 AM
Morning,

If everyone crosses their fingers, we MIGHT get some rain!!!! I'll believe it when I see it!

This is real quick this morning.... I'm off to see my boyfriend the dermotologist. He is such a NERD but I love him. I've gone to him 20 years and he moved to a town north of here about 40 minutes away, that's ok it's just the opposite direction he was before. I go for my rosecea check and bi yearly inspection. I'm sure he'll come with the can to freeze off stuff! Yuck!!!

The birthday girl has NO plans! Believe it or not! Pat said he is going to have to work most of the weekend. Boo! He wanted to know what I wanted.... I said I think I'll take medical bills for my birthday. I had my CAT scan of my sinuses yesterday, then my crown coming up.

Karla, you cracked me up.... Yes the queen wants a new crown. I would love jewels in it but.... :)

Tina, have fun in Galveston and live it up!!! You WILD woman!!!

Amy, you better post or I'll tell MOM! Oh what a threat :D

Tammy, are you EVER coming home? Or have you decided to live with Mickey Mouse? If so, we want to come visit!!!

More later....

fat1outof3
06-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted lately. There hasn't been too much going on with me in the last two weeks. It's supposed to rain up to 6" by tomorrow. Ugh! I can't take much more of this rain. If it's not rain, it's the humidity. Thank God I work in a very nicely air conditioned office.

My sister agreed to be my WW "sponsor" so when I feel like eating everything in sight I can call her. I'm so glad that she's being so supportive unlike the rest of my family.

I was supposed to be going to Canada for the 4th of July weekend but I had a falling out with some family members so my plans have changed. I think my DH and I will be camping in RI for the holiday. Karla, I'm sure you're familiar with Burlingame? We go there every year. We got married in Point Judith at the Rose Nullman Park so it's nice to return every year and romance. I went to Niagra Falls when I was a child but I would love to go again. I think it would be a great vacation for me and DH.

Tina, have a great time in Galveston. I've never been there. It sounds like you'll have a lot of fun. I wish I was going. Unfortunately, I don't travel much. The furthest West I've been was Reno, NV for a convention, but nothing in between. I've been to Canada, Mexico and all over the East Coast (mostly driving). I would love to go Northwest or Southwest.

Loodie, it's so nice to finally hear from you. Everyone seems to ask about you but I never knew your situation until now. Congratulations on the success of your surgery and your weight loss. It's such a great feeling to shop for closes in sizes you never thought you'd fit in again.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Looks like I'm going to be stuck inside. The weathermen are talking tropical thunderstorms. I'm still waiting for the really loud thunderstorms. I love the ones that make me jump!

Little Sis
06-23-2006, 11:57 AM
You are all proff my sister is MEAN to me. :D This is the way Sue and Luanne (our older sister) treat me. If I don;t do things there way they tell Mom.

Well now that the heat is not radiating from my back i can type and sit in the office chair.

Vacation was wonderful!:carrot:

We stayed at the Moody Gardens Hotel (if you get a season pass to the Moody Gardens the rooms are 25%off). Most of the time the kids were so tired we ate at the hotel. The food was good and the best part was breakfast was a buffet with a HUGE fruit bar.

There are 3 pryamids - Aquarium, Rainforest and Discovery pryamids, also a little kiddy water park. We did the aquarium twice - I just love the seals and penquins. They we did the Rainforest all 3 days and saw 2 Imax movies. One was a 4D SpongeBob movie and the Imax was about Africa and the "big 5 animals".

Then Saturday night we went down to Kemah (a city about 30 miles from Galveston) and ate at the Aquarium Restaraunt and did the broadway. Rob and the kids fed the sting rays (I just took the pictures). That was fun!

Then Sunday we played in the water most of the day. This is when i became the french fry.

We were going to play Monday but with the rain in Houston - we decided to come on home.

Well I need to go - my cell phone is ringing and it is Sue.

Sis
06-24-2006, 10:24 AM
Hi all. Finally checking in for the week. Thanks so much for the birthday wishes. I had a VERY nice birthday week end. We went to Red Lobster. I also went and picked out some summer clothes. Not a lot, just a few things.

It seems like I don't have much time on here anymore. I only get here about once a week. Sorry about that but I do try to check in at least once a week. :) I hope everyone is doing well.

I have been pretty good the last week. I am getting a bit more motivated now that summer is here I think.

Susan, Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a great one.
Loodie, congratulations on your successful surgery. Keep us posted on how you are doing and feeling.
Tina, hope you have fun in Galvaston. Thanks for the b-day wishes. :)

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week end. Our weather here is going to be quite nice I think. Take care...... Sis :D

maureen kempster
06-24-2006, 08:30 PM
good afternoon everyone
just checking in also. Glad to see everyone's well and keeping busy. our weather here has been nice also-probably not as hot as you southern belles are experiencing but still nice and pleasant. Tina hope you're having a great time in Galveston- and sis-happy belated birthday...Susan is your birthday this weekend?? have a good one-it looks like a lot of us have birthdays around this time-mine's july 15-i'm probably older than methusala but do i ever feel great these days-i bought a new pair of rollerblades-a real nice up grade from the ones i was given and boy what a difference- I went out this afternoon for a skate and do i feel good right now-now ladies I'm telling you this so you won't give up hope-I'm going to be 59 on the 15th!! Anyway I hope you all have a great weekend and a super week if i don't post until next weekend. Take care of yourselves, you're worth it

maureen

Tina
06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
:hb:
Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday to you....
Happy Birthday dearest Susan
Happy day to you!!!!!
:hat: :woo:

Little Sis
06-26-2006, 01:32 AM
Happy Birthday to you:hug:
Happy Birthday to you :carrot:
Happy Birthday dear Susie Q
Happy Birthday to you :gift:

:woo: :dancer: :flow1: :dance: :hat: :balloons:

Sue- Remember 2 things:
1) You will never be older than Chuck, Duane or Lu
and
2) I will ALWAYS be the youngest, cutest, and Dad's Favorite!
Love ya Lots - :cheer:

auntie
06-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you :hug:
Had a great day yesterday, we ate out all three meals! I got an IPOD radio/alarm clock. It's great! We walked the dogs and played with them alot. Went to the mall but didn't buy anything.

Tina, I loved the singing!!!

Amy, NO I AM DADDY'S FAVORITE!!!! He told me. He just pays attention to you so you won't cry :p I'm glad ya'll had fun at the concert.

Tammy, did you survive Disney World?

Karla, how are you sweetie? We've missed you.

Jennifer, the same goes for you too!

Maureen, I am so impressed with you, Girl!!!!! I'm glad you get to move to a larger place, bummer you have to move again.

I'm having lunch with one of my student's and her mom today. She is the one that broke my nose. I just love that kid. I've been missing her. The other one's parent called last week and I'll get with them sometime soon too.

Have a great day.... oh I can't believe I'm up again on the scales after my birthday. I was actually down and I'm up 2 pounds. What's the deal with that??? :)

Tina
06-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Tammy, Tammy, Tammy----
Are you home yet?????

auntie
06-26-2006, 12:04 PM
I'm thinking Tammy RAN off with Mickey!!! ;)

Little Sis
06-26-2006, 03:53 PM
If Tammy got to run off with Mickey, i think we need to form a search party and go after her.

friendlykat4u
06-26-2006, 09:38 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!! :hb: :cp: :gift: :woo: I know it was yesterday, but I wasn't on the computer yesterday! :D

How's everyone today?! :)

I can't believe June is almost over. I'm on vacation next week so hopefully I'll get to relax a little. Work has been getting on my nerves lately. Not to mention that the mortgage industry is going thru a tough time right now and my bonuses have disappeared. :(

Tina, where's the canoe??? It rained ALL wknd long AGAIN! :mad: I can't believe this weather, I'm so tired of the rain. Susan please take it, TAKE IT!!! LOL :D

I've been to Niagara Falls several times, my mom loves it. I've been to both sides, the US and the Canadian, they're both different but I like them both. It's about 8-hr drive from here.

Amy, :write: I'm taking notes! LOL

Jennifer, that's great your sister is going to be your sponsor. There's nothing like having someone to support you thru this journey. I'm definitely familiar with Point Judith, it's beautiful over there. Too bad the weather hasn't been cooperating. I love the ocean, I love watching it. Not much of a beach person as in lay there and turn to a crisp...lol, but I do love watching it. DH and I went to Bar Harbor ME last year and boy was it gorgeous over there! Sitting by the rocks and waves crashing a few feet from us. LOVED IT!

I don't travel much either, wish I could! Would love to head west one day.

I think we should go look for Tammy. Tammy & Mickey sitting in a tree... k i s s i n g! LOL :D

Tammy
06-27-2006, 12:08 AM
LOL You are all hilarious!! Would you believe we didn't see Mickey? Saw everyone but him. I was a bit bummed. I was also bummed because I couldn't do as much as I'm used to doing there. I just wasn't able. The wheelchair was a lifesaver though. I still went back to the hotel and slept every afternoon.

We were at freshman orientation today. It is still going on tomorrow, but we decided that since we wouldn't see Tim all day on Tuesday and the parent sessions looked BORING, we'd just come home and start laundry. Fun, huh?

Tim is doing an early class from Wed-Fri, so we'll pick him up Fri afternoon.
I'm tired and I'm going to go to bed.

Happy birthday by the way. sure wish I had a piece of cake!!!

Maureen, my son watched the hockey game while we were at Disney. He came back to the room from the parks early just to watch it. He was rooting for the Oilers.

maureen kempster
06-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Good evening everyone
Tammy welcome back-Glad to see Tim was rooting for the Oilers-they may not have won the Stanley Cup, but they sure won the hearts of a lot of people. The fans were incredible-I don't really follow hockey(I don't even know the names of the teams anymore-there are just too many) but I sure watched these playoffs. The letters to the editor in the local newspapers here came from all over, even Raleigh, commenting on how much class the fans had.
Any way, went roller blading tonight and i sure enjoy the new skates-what a difference.

hope all have a great day tomorrow on program. we're worth it

maureen

Loodie
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Susan Happy belated bday.

Thought I would just check in and say HI. I read your posts to find out what is going on with everyone. I identify with the rain. Here in Indy, it has rained nearly every day all Spring & Summer. Everything is green, but it sure makes it hard to walk after work.

I have just discovered something I should have realized fully years ago. CARBS are my enemy. I was losing at a nice steady pace until I was told I could have some different fruits & rice cake snacks--Do you know they make mini rice cakes now in nacho cheese, sour cream & onion, carmel corn, ranch (my fav), etc. etc. They are light & crunchy like chips & taste soooo good---1 serving + 1 serving + 1 serving is still not enough. The weight loss is really slow now and the rice cakes (all but the plain ones-yuck!) are going in the garbage Wednesday--never to darken my cupboard again. Sorry, just thought I'd share. Maybe if I had realized that years ago, I would not have had to have surgery.

Have a good week all.

Tina
06-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Tammy, welcome home!!!!!

Tammy
06-27-2006, 10:41 AM
Maureen, I am so impressed about you and those roller blades! I had trouble staying upright in the wheelchair at Disney (of course that could have been Tim's fault!)

Loodie, I keep forgetting you are in Indy. Tim is at orientation at Ball State in Muncie right now, so you are probably closer to him than I am. lol It's a little over an hour for us to get to Muncie from our house.

Thanks Tina! It's good to be home. Lots of laundry to do, but I've made some headway in that direction.

Just ate breakfast. I little cup of vanilla ice cream and a diet coke. Think we need to hit the grocery?

Bob went to check the other house a while ago. I think he did that so I'd have time to do more laundry. lol

Tammy
06-27-2006, 10:42 AM
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot! I got weighed this morning! I stayed the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought for sure that with all of the restaurant food, etc. that I'd have a gain. Woo Hoo!!!!

Tina
06-28-2006, 12:57 AM
Hi,
Tammy, I'm so glad you had such a great time. We missed you around here. :hug:

Sorry about all the rain up north. At least it's not down here right now. I just heard on the news that it will rain next weekend. Now, that's not nice!

How is everyone doing on their weight????? (Tammy, congrats on not gaining over your trip.) I'm having the worst luck. I go see my PCP on Thursday morning. Maybe he'll kick me in the behind and get me going in the right direction. :lol: :lol:

Maureen, I'm glad you like your new skates.
Loodie, I'm with you on "healthy food" NOT being healthy. They make it look so good, don't they!

Tammy
06-28-2006, 10:38 PM
It's good to be home, but I always like going away.

We haven't had much rain where we live. It rained for a short while tonight.

I have to go to my family doctor sometime, but I haven't made an appointment yet. I have to have some bloodwork done before I go, and I keep putting it off. I know he'll kick me in the behind.

I did laundry all day yesterday, so today I was sore and sleeping most of the time. Bob and I planned to go uptown to a little bar where they have karaoke every Wed. night. We weren't going to sing, just hang out with friends. Well, he is there and I'm at home ready to go to bed.

At least by sleeping most of the day I didn't eat alot.

auntie
06-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone had a good day. I'm tired today. I'm not sure why, but I think the heat does play apart of it plus I haven't slowed down all summer.

Tammy, I'm sorry that you hurt on your trip but at least you had fun! Take care of yourself!!!!! Yea on not gaining!!! :carrot:

Tina, thanks for my magnet! I love it!! I just laughed when I got it. :hug:

Amy, how was the movie? I know that you had a bunch of excited monkeys!

Karla, are ya'll safe? I keep seeing all of the rain up there! Oh and don't believe Amy, I just let her think that Daddy loves her........ or she will go crying to Mom!!! ;) Actually, we are both Daddy girls!

I got my prep work on my crown yesterday. The dentist was great. I told him "now I always tell my brother if you hurt me I'm telling mom!" He laughed and when he was done he said "Are you going to have to tell Momma?" I cracked up. I will get my actual crown in a month.

The ENT called and wants me to come in and talk to him next week about my CAT scan. He said there is a procedure he wants to talk about. So we will see.....

Tammy
06-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Susan, you are always busy! I know the heat plays a large part of how we feel. Getting yourself ready for the next school year also takes a bit out of a person over the summer. It has felt good this summer not working on things for school. I know if I'm back for intervention/tutoring in the fall, there will be things that are available and people to help me out. Too funny about your dentist! Let us know what you find out about the CAT scan.

I've spent most of the day on the couch or in bed again. Just no energy. I guess the trip and orientation took more out of me than I thought. Bob has been great about it. I'm glad he is understanding. Tomorrow we go pick up Tim from his early class. He is really enjoying it. Storm Chasers!

bob is cooking again tonight. He is planning fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans. I have added salads for us. My chicken will be on the GF grill.

auntie
06-29-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi,

Tammy, I'm really not that busy. Actually, I was thinking I'm lazy. I honestly think my thyroid level might not be just perfect because I'm still tired alot. I go next month for my check up and she will check it.

My folks are coming up on Saturday and staying until the day after the 4th. We'll drive over to see my brother (mom has to get a crown put on, all of the work is done). He called today to see if I wanted to get my teeth cleaned and I said "nah, just give me more bleach" I hated to say I used a dentist here but it was a necessity.

Nothing exciting going on.....

Karla, Jennifer, where are you girlies? You haven't floated away???

Tammy
06-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Susan, it seems to me like you are a busy person. Walking the dogs, working in the yard, etc. I can walk Kramer but I'm sure no good at yard work anymore.

That's great that your parents are coming! Tell them hello for me!! Tell them I want to meet them, so you can just drive on up to Ohio for us to visit.

We are leaving about 9 in the morning to go get Tim. I need to head to bed pretty soon. I told bob that I need to get up early enough to shower, etc. and then take a nap before we go because I know it will wear me out. I'm pitiful.

Tammy
06-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I didn't take a nap after my shower this morning. I dozed off and on to Muncie though. When we got home, I slept for almost 2 hours.

Tim is glad to be home, but he loved the storm chaser class. He made friends, went to the mall, went putt-putt golfing, water volleyball, movies at the dorm, and just general freshman type college goofiness. I think he'll do fine in the fall. I'll be the one with the problem with him being gone.

Any other special plans for the weekend for anyone? The town where we live had fireworks for their big festival before we left, and we saw fireworks every night while we were at Disney. I think we might skip going to see any this year.

auntie
06-30-2006, 07:20 PM
It sounds like Time had a great time at school!! That's great that he had a good time. Tammy, you will be into all kind of things this fall.

I've been cleaning the house and doing stuff here. I went and had lunch with my girl friend. I'm thinking about joining the new Lifetime gym here. Pat said "you'll go until school starts and then you'll be too tired." I'm thinking I might go before school and just take a shower and get dressed there. They are open 24/7. I don't know.

My folks are coming in town this weekend and we'll watch the town's fireworks from our pasture. It's only a mile away where the festival is and we have a great view.

I'm thinking I might need to cut a leg off to lose some weight.... Do you think I'll miss it??? :D

Tammy
06-30-2006, 07:30 PM
I knew I shouldn't have been worried about Tim. He has gone to scout camp every summer since 4th grade (I thought it was 5th and he corrected me), he went to Europe last summer, and he has been to band camp 4 times. Susan, if I don't go back to school, maybe I'll take a road trip to Texas. Wonder how long it would take me to drive there? I think you might miss the leg, so I don't advise it. Are you bringing your parents to Ohio to meet me?

I read the DaVinci Code while we were on our trip. Very good. A mystery that I enjoyed. I knew it was fiction, so I didn't get confused. lol

auntie
06-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Tammy,
It doesn't matter the age you are, you STILL need your mom. He will have a great time being away but I can promise you he will miss you as much as you miss him.

Come on down to Texas! We would have so much fun!!!! I can see us now!!!

Pat came home and mowed. I just watched. I love my job.... actually I like to mow and wish I could. I just get so stopped up.

Tammy
07-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I know Tim will miss me. We are pretty close. Right now he and Bob are having some issues that started on vacation. It's driving me crazy. I wish they'd just sit down and talk about it and get it over with.

We would have fun if we could get together.
Go ahead and let Pat mow. You don't need to get sick!!

Tim is leaving for work. Bob went for a walk. Kramer and I are hanging out. Exciting life we lead.

Tina
07-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Afternoon all,

Tammy, you and Tim sound like me and David. Yes, he will miss you more than he will admit. Be prepared for him to get sick during his first semester. I forget what they call it. It's from being out on their own and eating differently, etc., etc.
Larry and I really were at our wits end without him. Will Tim come home on weekends? David was able to come home about once a month.

Someone has a birthday tomorrow!!!!:D :D :D :D :D Wonder who it is. :)

Tammy
07-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Tina, different things you have said about David made me think that a long time ago. Since he'll be in the band, he'll be staying at school some weekends because of football games. BUT Bob and I plan to go to the games to see the band, and I guess we'll root for the football team as well. I think he'll come home some weekends when he isn't busy with that. It's only a little over an hour to get there, so it won't be a real problem to just give him a call and say we're coming for supper. Of course, he'll have to cancel all of his plans for us if he has any!!

I need to write down all of the birthdays!!! I can remember my own, and that's about it!

I have cole slaw made for the family reunion tomorrow. I also have meatballs in a bbq sauce mixture to put in the crockpot in the morning. Since I have that all ready, I'll probably forget the plates or something. Maybe I should get that ready before I go to bed. Hope Bob and Tim are in better moods with each other tomorrow. I might tell them to stay home and I'll go by myself.

Tina
07-02-2006, 12:51 AM
Karla----
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Karla
Happy Birthday to you!!!:gift:

Tina
07-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Hi everyone,

Karla, how is your birthday going?????

Tammy, how was the reunion? Did Tim and Bob work out their problems? I hope so.

It was supposed to be 80% chance of rain today. It sprinkled on us once. Oh well, that means I must water the yard tomorrow. :D

Everyone have a super Monday.

Tammy
07-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Happy Birthday to Karla!!

The reunion was fun. Lots of laughing and good food. Yes, they got the problems straighted out. Before we left, I told them to go talk or I wasn't going to the reunion. Well, it's my side of the family, so I think they knew that I meant business.

It rained here last night, and it has sprinkled off and on today. Haven't done much today. It is so hot and humid outside. Bob and Tim were trimming some bushes, and when they came in they looked like it had been pouring down rain on them. Needless to say, they needed showers!

Tammy
07-05-2006, 08:54 AM
YOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??

Tina
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
morning,
It is quiet around here!
How was everyone's 4th? We were planning on grilling outside but the rains came & came & came. I used my indoor grill and the hamburgers turned out fine. (Although, I had much more work.) We ate around 1 o'clock instead of evening because David has an interview this morning. He wanted to be home last night to mentally prepare.
I sure hope this is the right job for him and they hire him. It's with the criminal court system....Jr. Criminal Court Imaging Clerk.......fancy title! :)

Did anyone have homemade ice cream? I so wanted to make some but decided I was fat enough.

maureen kempster
07-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Hi Everyone
I've been lurking but just too lazy to post. I managed to move to the other apartment this weekend. I was lucky and had monday off for our Canada Day which was saturday and the company really didn't have to give us the time off on monday. So, I was able to get pretty well settled in.
Tina, homemade icecream-I've never had the pleasure of having any it sounds good though-
The temp is 86 right now and it's warm-it was that also last night at 9PM but I still managed to go rollerblading. Not bad for an old person!!!!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great rest of the day & I promise I'll try & post more often. Oh, yes, I've managed to lose another 2 lbs. Whoopie!!-44 more days & I'm on holidays

talk to you later
maureen

auntie
07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

My Mom and Daddy left this afternoon. I hated to drop them off at the airport. We had a great time. However, our trip to my brother's house was horrible. Let's just say "my brother's new wife is a total bit**!!!" and NO ONE will be disrespectful to my parents and not me get involved. We almost came home that night but Daddy didn't want me to have to drive in the dark for almost 2 1/2 hours.

Pat made us a great dinner yesterday and we watched the fireworks.

My temp crown came off and the dentist is on vacation for the week. I called and they are suppose to find me someone to go to this week to get it glued back on. I've poligripped it back in.

Karla, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you have a great day!!!!!

Tammy, how are you feeling? The reunion sounds fun!

Tina, how was David's interview? I'm sending good vibes his way!!!!!

Alright, I'm back on the band wagon to get this wide load sign off my behind!!!

Tammy
07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Tina, our 4th was pretty quiet after going to the reunion on Sunday. How did David's interview go? Sounds like both of our sons are interested in criminals! Tim's major is criminal justice.

No homemade ice cream. We even sold our IC maker at the auction. We hadn't used it since we lived at that house (8 years), so we thought we could live without it. Tina, you are not too fat!!!

Maureen, good for you on getting moved! Happy Canada Day by the way! Homemade ice cream is yummy. Our temp has been mid-70's today. We went for a picnic at the lake for lunch, and I shivered through most of it. They don't call the place Windy Point for nothing!!

Good for you on losing some more! Holidays are good!!

Tomorrow Bob and Tim are going to the other house to mow and do some cleaning up in the yard. The house is being shown at 7:30 tomorrow night. Hope they want it!!

Tina
07-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi,
David spent 2 1/2 hours completing 6 tests! Now they will do a criminal background check before the interview. I guess that makes sense---if you're going to work in the criminal courthouse. :) I'll keep y'all posted.

Maureen, good going on that weight loss.

Susan, I'm so sorry there was a damper on your parents' trip.

Tammy, I am hoping your house sells.

Where is everyone else?????

Tammy
07-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Susan, we posted at the same time on our messages! We must be related. Get that sign off of your butt and give it to me. I could use 2 of them!!!

This week I have felt pretty good. On Sunday, my cousin's husband told me that I looked less stressed and happier than he had seem me for a while. I told him that I'm out of school and the butt whip principal quit. He cracked up and agreed that could be why I looked better. Even though I'm feeling ok, after I do something, I sleep for 2-4 hours. Never fails.

Tina, fingers are crossed for David!! They'll probably check out his mother and see what a wonderful person you are and hire him right away!!

Tammy
07-06-2006, 09:16 PM
DON'T POST HERE. I STARTED A NEW THREAD FOR JULY!!