South Beach Diet - TGIF - June 2

View Full Version : TGIF - June 2

Ruthxxx
06-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Good :sunny: morning. I hope today looks good to you. I'll be back with coffee after petting and potty. I think we can sip and chat on the deck this morning and watch the sunrise.

:cofdate:

Schatzi
06-02-2006, 08:11 AM
CAwfee's Abrewin :cofdate:
here Ruth!
DH and I are heading out to Lake Jordan for a day of Kayaking. I'm packing fruit salad, bean salad and sandwiches as DH is putting the kayaks up on the truck. Time fer a good upper body/arm workout!

RNMOM
06-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Well, hello you two! I'm not sure who's going to have more fun Ruth or Schatzi? Ruth is the petting and potty for the canines??????:D Schatzi, you sound like you are going to have a blast! Use sunscreen!

TGIF here on this end of the beach, glad to have a day off. Cleaned house last night till the wee hours of the AM, even did the fridge, so I'm going to be very lazy today, after my run and weights work out of course.

Happy Firday to everyone!

Ruthxxx
06-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Sillies! The potty and petting was for the Doggage. They were most delighted to see me this morning. I love their enthusiasm!

It was actually cold in the house this morning. I thought I'd turned the AC off instead of on but it was just a major change in our weather.

Today I am going to scout out what needs to be done for the flower plantings over at the Fairgrounds. No fancy 'Flame' geraniums are going in over there this year as somebody stole them last year right out of the beds! It'll be petunias and snaps this year and, if they get stolen, there will not be a planting next year. I plan to have some teens help me plant which could solve the problem although supervising them will take longer than doing it myself.

Haircut this afternoon and then nothing on tonight! I have been out and about four nights in a row and am looking forward to an evening dog walk and some down time.

My veggie garden is still soaked from the rains and needs to be tilled again before I plant. Actually delaying has been good because the deer have visited and they ate all my neighbour's peas which he planted four weeks ago!

I do hope the tired Chickies get a chance to relax a bit this weekend. Life sounds pretty hectic for lots of us.

OK - into the gardening clogs and over to the Fairground.

SarahinBalance
06-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Wonder where everyone is this morning! Back in bed probably where I wish I was. But nooooo the exercise fairy is calling my name!

So ladies I was HORRIBLE for about a week and a half. Tuesday the scale said 157 and I wanted to shoot myself! So it's been quickly going back down, yesterday said 147, so I think today or tomorrow should show that I'm still around 145. But I'm back on the wagon, and today is Day 4 of Phase 1 revisited. Just really want to get out of hte 140s!

We're headed to the Kerrville Folk Festival tonight to camp for a couple of nights, listen to music and revisit all sorts of memories because my parents took me there every summer while I was growing up. Taking the BF who has never been there so I'm really excited about getting to share that with him!

RNMOM - I have to say that I don't know which of you 3 is going to have a better day! I'm jealous of your day off!

Schatzi - Man kayaking sounds awesome! Again, I'm jealous!

And Ruth - Good mornin' to ya! How's that sunrise?

cottagebythesea
06-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Good morning everyone,
I thought there'd be a lot more posts here by now! I stopped in for coffee with Mom & Dad right after Curves, that's why I'm later than usual. It's going to be a soupy weather day, thunderstorms off and on, and the humidity is so thick you could slice it with a knife. We have nothing special going on today, Maggie has a DR appt after lunch, and I may be getting off work early. Even though this was a 4 day week, it's sure seemed like it was a whole lot longer! I'm still fighting a tug and war battle with that darned bird. I knock down the nest, and 5 minutes later it's back again! I don't want to give her a chance to lay eggs in it, or she WILL win the battle!

Ruthxxx
06-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Cottage, can you put something on the ledge to deter her? I find a piece of crumpled foil sometimes makes them change their mind. Knocking down the nest is a drag - and messy!

cottagebythesea
06-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Ruth, but I don't know if it will work. Jake rolled up a piece of chicken wire and put it up there, but it hasn't deterred her in the least.

batmomm2000
06-02-2006, 10:25 AM
morning!! just got my HD DVR via UPS last night and today I get to play!! Sadly I love watching tv, way too much. It's funny for as often as I go to the gym to exercise, I'm really quite a lazy at heart:D

I did very well yesterday until dietbuster DH came home from Chili's with the southwestern eggrolls that I love so well, bad bad bad :devil: :devil:

I do however have a gret recipe that tastes just like them minus all the deep frying part so if nayone wants it let me know. Ok today back in the saddle, DH closes so I'm all set:dizzy:

batmomm2000
06-02-2006, 10:27 AM
cottage, we've got a friendly little bird that decide to build her nest in the newspaper slot right under my mailbox. So everytime I pull up in my car to grab my mail, i fear that she'll fly right into my car, lol. Lucky so far but now she's got egg in there...hopefully she'll move out soon

Kiko
06-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Good morning!

Today is our 5th anniversary. :) We will go out and celebrate when DH is off this upcoming week.

Sarah Wow! If your weight went up it sure shifted back down quickly! WTG getting back on Phase 1.

Ruth How sad that someone would steal the flowers. People never cease to amaze me!

Schatzi Have fun with your DH- that sounds like a blast!

RN Can you come do some cleaning at my house?? Please?????

Cottage Do you work from home? Enjoy your day!

Me- stayed totally OP yesterday and feel much better today. We went to a friend's for dinner and I took 4 bean salad and a can of tuna. I second what Ruth said the other day when she said that no one really cares what we are eating!! Today we are heading to another friend's for lunh and then an afternoon of swimming. It should be fun and should wear us all out! I am not too excited about getting into a bathing suit, the 3 girls I will be with are all thin. Oh well- it is about having fun with my own kids, so I need to get over it!!

More coffee is needed!! :coffee:

Kiko
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Morning Bat! I love those eggrolls too! :)

weezle
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Just a quick hello to everyone! I have so many things to do today before I go into work at 5. Only two more days off until we leave for Key West a week from tomorrow! I'm SO EXCITED! WOO HOO! It's about time. Mom and Dad are down there at the condo right now.

I hope everyone is doing fine! I have 8 loads of laundry to get done today so I'd better get moving! I've been up for 30 minutes and haven't done squat. Talk to you all soon!

Lisa

SunLit
06-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey chickadees....Friday came awfully quickly this week! I feel like I've barely done any work or exercise.

My weight's playing a teensy up-and-down game, though. The scale's telling me I'm still at 200.5 today -- so I've chosen to ignore its fiendish lies! :D

I guess I don't have to much to report! I'm eating lots of good stuff, avoiding the bad stuff (like the brownie mousse cake and ice cream my sister had for her birthday on Wednesday).

Hope everyone has a good day!

Geekchicalways
06-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi ladies! I know it's been a while since I was here so I wanted to stop in and say hello! I graduated college :carrot: now the job search begins in full. I didn't make any weight loss goals but I am okay with that. I am starting Phase I again and I think I will be able to stick with it. I hope you ladies are having a great day on the beach. It's overcast and recovering from a beautiful thunderstorm from last night. Beach-hugs to all!
-Li

Wannabe Hotmama
06-02-2006, 10:51 AM
Goooood Morning Beachers...
Looks like we MAY get some much needed rain today. We are so dry here. It's only a 50% chance of showers but its the best chance we've had in weeks.
I finished the shrimp last night. We are boiling some tonight :T
Next chance we get we'll cook some on the grill with garlic butter sauce.

Got my summer hair cut. It's a little shorter than I meant to go but I think I'll keep it this way for a while.

This morning was heaven...I didn't have to take the kids to town, my cousin took them for me. It was wonderful...no rushing. I actually got to drink a cup of coffee and fold a load of towels, load the dishwasher and make my bed before leaving for work. I can't wait for DS to start school so I don't have to make the 45min trip to his daycare. Plus I'll have more time to work in a morning workout. One more year.... It's sad to see them grow up but the more freedom I gain the happier I am. KWIM?

Not much on the books for today.

batmomI've been wanting a DVR so I can record my soap Y&R. Let me know if it's worth it.
cottageI know what you mean about the short/long week. It did seem long.
sarahWow on the loss. :cheer: I've never lost that much that quick. Wish I was a faster looser than I am. I'm lucky to have 1lb losses weekly even on Phase I.
schatziHope you enjoy your day of kayaking. Sounds like fun!:cool:
kikoHappy anniversary! Hope you have some romantic plans;)

annarenee
06-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Hello everyone!

Just a quick note today. I'm moving to a new office, and who knows when IT will actually come move my computer!! :)

I finally made it to the gym last night. After nearly two months of bad eating and avoiding the scale...I am pleased to report the the scale only showed a 1 lb. gain. I was worried I had gained a bunch of weight back. Now I feel I still have control over my weight and I can make adjustments to start losing again.

Gotta run! Have a great weekend everyone!!

:hug: :hug:

wannabehotagain
06-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Chickies!

It's another beautiful day here in South Dakota. But, that's not surprising since I'm at work. It's usually nice during the week, then yucky on the weekends. But, I think it may actually stay nice this weekend, so if it does, I may go out and worship the sun for a couple of hours, just so I get that summer glow started.

Got a hair appointment tomorrow *sigh*. Hair appointments are usually a good thing, but ever since we moved here last year, I can't seem to find anyone who can color or cut my hair the way I want it. I've been through half the salons in town! Cross your fingers for me that she gets the blonde right.

Sounds like some of you ladies are going to have a wonderful active or lazy day. Wish I could join you!

Batmomm - I would love your recipe - I'm a sucker for the rolls too and I'd like to try to make some healthy ones. Also, I have a new, huge HD tv and we sit in front of it every night after the sun goes down, so I know exactly what you are talking about. It's like being at the movie every night!

beach bum
06-02-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Beachers

Got up late as it was so humid in our bedroom last night[A/C] not put up yet.I tossed and turned all night,I feeling sluggish myself today Can we catch anything over cyper space.

My tummy is feeling lot better,it was over indulging at bedtime that caused it.Its possible that it messed up my W-I for this week. I don't have the computer all the time either,so that why I only post in the mornings.Leo uses the computer in the afternoons.

Our insurance adjuster was here yesterday.Hes says that the report will take a couple of days before we can get our car fixed.We have the rental a week now and probably will have it for another week or two. before the car is fixed.

Will be back later

Hugs :) BB

RNMOM
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
I just finished with my run and I'm ready for the day.

Beach Bum, I feel your pain. My car was hit by a car that was hit....make sense? It's now in the shop getting fixed. Hope you are able to get it done soon.

Stephanie Osborne
06-02-2006, 01:14 PM
down .4 lbs this morning haha how funny how I celebrate the small stuff eh? At least it is in the right direction...Going out of town for work tonight, won't be back until Mon...be good :)

Ruth - good morning, you are always that cheery first message I read when I get on here.

schatzi - oooh kayaking sounds fun! Enjoy...

rnmom - I need to get my house clean, any chance you wanna come do mine? Enjoy your workout.

sarah - Phase on revisisted lol - good for you. Have fun at the folk festival, sounds like a blast!

cottage - My inlaws actually got one woodpecker to leave and they patched up the hole...then two more came and started drilling other holes in their house. I know how the struggle can be...good luck!

batmomm - Dietbuster DH...thats hilarious.

kiko - Great job staying op, have fun swimming, I am definitely jealous.

weezle - where have you been!!!! Good to see you, or rather read you :) Have fun in Key West if we don't see each other again :)

Sunlit - Sounds like your report is your doing excellent, keep it up!

geekchic- Congrats on the recent grad, and good luck with the job hunt.

raeann - Shorter will always grow out, better than it being longer and having to get cut again...

annarenee - thats awesome it was only a pound...now that you are back on track it should be no time till it is gone.

holly - crossing my fingers for ya hun.

bb - Oh my gosh you are still working on that insurance mess...I do not envy you.

MsCrockett
06-02-2006, 02:59 PM
hey Chicks

Just stoping by for a second,, I am busy again for now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little slower.. Hope everyone is doing well.. I am babysitting my nephew whos 4 and niece that is 12.. so I am gettin the excercise.. OP and doing fine on the SB front... Take Care All

batmomm2000
06-02-2006, 04:35 PM
wannabe hotmama!! Tivo/DVR service is sooo toally worth it. You will never watch tv the same again. Now I can't honestly say that the HD DVR is worth it yet. The whole deal was really expensive for like 7 HD channels, now the tv is great and the free HD local stations are great but we did the whole thing b/c of ESPN...men, lol.

Wannabehotagain-I am going to go ahead and post those egg rolls-minus the rolls but it tate the same-honest.

lottie63
06-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Heya ladies, I got up early and went malling with a friend, had to try out my new lane bryant charge card ;) Got a blue and brown printed shirt and khaki cuffed capris, also got some nice lancome make up and got a free gift (yay!) also bought a pair of 3 inch mules that are dark brown with goldish beads and pyramids on them, they are adorable. :) Had such a fun day! :D

beach bum
06-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Gals:)

They're now saying that we have to wait for the adjusters report to come in and than we can get our car fixed.DH is hoping that the chassie was damaged or our beautiful car will be totaled.

What a mess,just because the truck driver wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for asking Hugs :) BB

Barb0522
06-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Just want to say Hi. I finally got a chance to read posts. Work has been crazy this week. Over 60 hours so far plus I work tonight and tomorrow. I'm not sure yet how much I will have to work on Sunday.

Tomorrow morning is the Race For the Cure 5K. It starts at 8:30 and I have a meeting from 9 - 11. I will definitely be late for the meeting even if I make good time in the race. The race is being held on the grounds of the company I work for but it is probably a 20 minute walk from the finish line to my desk. I tried to get them to move it just a little bit later but at least they are okay about me being late. I really need to get some exercise. I've been tied far too tightly to my computer lately. They want us to arrive for the race between 6:30 and 7 since they are shutting down the road at 7 but that's a pain since I have to work at 11PM tonight. Hopefully it will only take an hour or two. I really need some sleep.

Kiko
06-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Barb Hope you can get some much needed rest this weekend. I worry about you driving on these crazy Dallas roads when you are tired. Take care of you. :hug:

Stephie Hoe your out of town work is good!

Bat I have heard so many people say how much they love Tivo. We haven't looked into it at all. We did change our Dish service around today so DH could get soccer channels.

Fun, but tiring day here..... swimming was a blast, but the kids were an exhausted wreck by 3:00. We took off as soon as my baby DD woke up, it the farmers market/grocery for fresh fruit and veggies and made it home by 5:30. Both girls are bathed, baby is crashed and big DD is watching a movie. It shouldn't take long for her to crash.... we have an 8:15 tball game tomorrow. I am dreading dragging everyone out of bed, but we will surely beat the heat and that is a good thing!!

Later gals..... real romantic anniversary, eh??

Barb0522
06-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Kiko - I'll be careful driving. They just scheduled a meeting for 6-7 so I'll have to take that one while driving to the race. I don't like talking on my cell phone while driving. I think I'll take the side streets instead of the tollway so I'm not driving so fast. It sounds like you had a good day. DH and I never have a romantic anniversary. It always seems like there is too much going on.