LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends June

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

View Full Version : LAWL Losers and Friends June

MTdebster921
06-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Hey guys it's June. New month, new thread, newly found dedication. Right?!?!?!? Let's get this weight off!!

MTdebster921
06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Ok guys this is from the May thread-

Katie- Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your celebration tomorrow!!!

Rebecca- I think I will have to set up an exercise challenge for myself. That is a good idea. I have a Bowflex sitting in the basement acting as a very expensive clothes hanger. I really should go dust it off, set it up and start using it. Congrats on passing your tests.

We're also missing Tina, Julia, Ange, Britt, Karen, Beanie, Norissa, Leah, Denise, Bre. Chickies, where are you???

Today is house and yard day. Shouldn't have any problem burning off some calories as long as I work and keep my butt off of this chair. It's gonna be too nice of a day to waste in the house.

Repo girl
06-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Morning all, and happy June! I went to the gym this morn and burned 200 calories. I feel great. Dang, that stair stepper works ya!

Rebeca
06-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Good Morning everyone! June is a month for losers!!! No one cant blame it on the weather now!

Sherry- I am taking a summer course, but i have plenty of semesters to go! I dont even want to think about it.... I am working on my associates on Business Marketing right now, that way I can go for my bachelors and only need to go for one year (basically skip one year)! I will think about my masters after I am done!

MT- my goal for may was 620min for the month, now my goal for June is 720!

The fiber thing didnt do any good for me whatsover! We went to OliveGarden yesterday to celebrate Nick's Bday with my parents and they gave him the coolest IPOD that they have out! Food wise I had the chicken parmisian with mixed veggies (I planned for the extra starch but cutting my fruits) but still I had too many starches! I promised myself that I will work out for one hour tonight to make up for it! SIL and I did 30 minutes this mornign and I did 70 crunches!

Today I gotta a Yearly Review Discussion with my boss and we are going for lunch! I am kind of nervous about it...

missy_j
06-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Morning! Happy June! I gotta get moving... soooo not motivated. I'm stuck at 192 and went to Olive Garden last night. COD told me I could order child-spaghetti as CC, but when I got there, I just couldn't order that. The chicken castellina is too good (with half glass of Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling, not so good, eeew). So I had too many starches yesterday; drank extra water but woke up same weight.

I think I'll try this hot lemon water everyone talks about. I hate lemon, but if it really helps... Meanwhile, it will help if I'd even TRY to stay POP, but certain things I've NEVER done perfectly (limiting caffeine -- I have like 8 Diet Cokes per day in addition to 8 waters; I eat ice cream sandwiches with 110 cal 1.5 fat g as 1 S). When I get lax on starch size and count is when I really start to slow down.

hkychik
06-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Missy, I throw a couple packets of splenda in my lemon water - otherwise I just can't choke it down!

Happy June y'all! I'm off to what I hope is my last day volunteering in the kiddo's classrooms. Who knows what torture my DS's teacher has in store for me today!;)

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-01-2006, 12:17 PM
I did some hot lemon water this morning. I had a egg mcmuffin with half the muffin and then went to get the nutrition content - wow 800 g. sodium . so I've downed one glass full - and 32 oz of reg. water

juliemarie
06-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey ladies-

Well-it looks like everyones doing pretty well-I've been trying to sneak on here the last couple of days-but by the time I read some posts-i need to actually get some work done, so I don't post . . . .vicious cycle! Anyway-it makes it hard to respond to people after pages of posts!

Aggie-Congrats on finishing all your finals and for doing so well! Enjoy your summer off!

Katie-I liked the newsletter-great idea to keep your fam motivated.

HeatherCP-Way to go! You've really got some forward momentum going . . .

HeatherPP-I'm so loving the gym! I wish I could afford a trainer, but I'm doing pretty well on my own. I look forward to going, and I've even chosen going to a class I really like vs hanging out with some friends drinking wine all evening . . . I so got the post-exercise endorphin rush the other nite. I called my mom-and I'm sure she thought I was on something;)

Lori- I like your challenge idea-I'm in! I've already had 2 P-POP days in a row!

Rebeca-way to go with all the exercise! As for the other problem-I wish I had some advice for you. It's not much of a problem for me-I think because i eat fresh spinach salads nearly every day. And a lot of broccoli . . .

Welcome to the newbies!

I know I'm missing a lot of you guys-but I really do need to get some work done. It's a lot of research and writing today-so I'll definately be taking breaks to check in and clear my head!

MetalChic
06-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Happy June Everyone! :wave::dust:

skinny brooke
06-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Okay, I know that nothing has changed in one day but I am still depressed and aggrivated that my pants don't fit! I was 100% on program day one and so far good on day two of Fast Forward. I have already had an omlette with low fat cheese and 1/2 chicken breast with 1/2 of the juice. How can I be hungry??? Strange - it feels like this will make me gain, not loose. Anyway, went to the gym and did interval training for an hour and burned over 400 calories.
Thanks for being here! I feel like I am not alone and that one day these pants won't give me a "muffin top"
Gotta get the Jman to school and go to the center -
Check you later!

PinkHibiscus
06-01-2006, 02:29 PM
Well I am feeling very un-motivated. I just got somepictures back from our weekend trip to Bend Oregon and I feel like the 10 or so pounds I have lost is for nothing. I know girls! baby steps, but man it is so discouraging! I am also upset w/ myself because I havent entered in my food diary for the past 3 days!! What a dork! So I am really gonna try and get focused...

Whats this lemon water thing? Is this a secret I am unaware of? As for for everyones posts, I have been able to read them but not respond. I am in the same boat as Juliemarie...having the time to read but nt the time to post, to much work! Work is kinda lulling right now so I thought I would take this opportunity to post.

Any tips aside from the lemon water on getting my metobolism going...or some extra encouragement? haha! I did go shopping yesterday. A size 14 is a lil loose....so that cant be bad right? I just cant wait until they dont fit at all!!

Radio Girl
06-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Happy June everyone!
I had my WI today and I've made it to my half-way point! 40 down...40 to go. Why is it that I want to celebrate by going out and getting something good to eat? LOL! Maybe I'll settle for those size 14 pants I've been eyeing at Wal Mart!
have a great month everyone!
Karen

Repo girl
06-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Yay Karen!!!! Good for you chickie! You should totally buy the pants, and a new shirt, too!

smokepole
06-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Okay...today is the first of June, I have 6 weeks to my class reunion. Not impossible to lose 12 lbs, right??!! To day I made my appointment at curves. To start Monday. Then I got out my Blue Plan book and printed out some daily menu charters. I had oatmeal for bkfast. salad and fruit for lunch and I just had a LA Lite shake. I am motivated...for today. I need to stick with it. My husband has requested steak and bked potatoe for dinner...I'll forgo the pot for green beans. We should be fine.

skinney = don't forget your green veggies and water Help keep those hunger pains at bay!!

Missy = don't get discouraged. Just get right back on the wagon!! My doctor is a big advocate of "carb blockers" His wife used them and really liked them. He's getting me the name of her brand, but I do know you can get them at BJ's or even at the LAWL centers. I have used them when I was very much into the program and the did work. Maybe try those if you're going to have pasta?

Okay, I'm trying to keep moving by cleaning house. Then I don't think about food.

Have a good day everyone

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Karen - Congrats girl on that 40 lbs - that is absolutely wonderful!!! Half way!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Brooke - hang in there girl - it does get better !!! Day 2 of FF or TO is always my hardest - plus with you doing training - that is going to be that much harder - eat alot of protein to keep your energy levels up. maybe eat an apple tonight before bed to make sure that your sugar doesn't drop drastically or just plan to eat it first thing when you wake up!!!

Julie - We miss you around here when your busy!!! Glad you are trading your wine endeavors for some sweat? Isn't it so much fun once you really get into it - sometimes I hate what I have to do - but feel so much better afterwards
!

Pink - Don't let those pictures discourage you - 10 lbs is great - better off than on!! Pictures don't always do justice anyway!! I know that one for sure.....The pants are loose - that is the most important thing of all - that is definite proof that something is missing that was there before - gone!!! whoo hoo for that - an inch lost may not equal a lb lost - but it sure does make those pants feel good - don't judge just by the scale!!!

Leah AU mom
06-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Debster,
I'm here.......I've been lurking.
All of my kiddos are home now, so I have to keep them busy. We just got home from the pool.

I'm trying the Kashi Go Lean Crunch bars..(Deets...found them at Wal Mart thanks!!!)

Can someone give me the nutritional info. on the La Lites box?
Thanks
Leah

dolphn545
06-01-2006, 05:04 PM
Katie - Did I read from May posts that you were doing TO with watermelon? How's it working out? Please let us know. I LOVE watermelon, and I need to do another TO again, but I don't want to feel like I'm starving like I did for the last one. Thanks!!

PinkHibiscus
06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Awww Purple! (i need to learn names!) Thank u so much! Your right, an inch is an inch, and thats more important sometimes then a lb. I am really ****-bent on being totally OP. Thanks for the encouragement, and yeah, pics can really bum u out or do the opposite, fuel the fire!! Much appreciated darling!

Hey, anyone know anything about using supplements that are not LAWL affliated? If so what advice do u have to offer? My Mom just bought trimspa and is liking it, while my sister is using Hydroxycut and lookin good. Just tinkering w/ the thought. What are yours?

missy_j
06-01-2006, 05:25 PM
PinkHibiscus: The hot lemon water is a thing I haven't tried yet, mainly because I hate lemon (and not crazy about water, for that matter). They say it really flushes out the bloat/water retention/swelling, etc., that we all experience due to sodium intake, PMS, or whatever. I'm no expert on the preparation of it, since I haven't tried it, but you could do a forum search for "hot lemon water" as I did this morning. Several chicks know about it and swear by it.

Rebeca
06-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Warm lemon water recipe (i can definatly cook this lol): One large glass of water with the juice of 1/4 of a lemon (just squeeze the lemon in the cold water, put the whole thing there and warm it up)! Drink it as you please as long as its still warm!

Repo girl
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Sherry- I finished it yesterday. I really liked it. The only downside was that I have a canker sore, and the watermelon and lemon water really irritated it.I ate 10 oz 4 times a day. BTW, watermelon chunks with Tabasco, lime juice, and Mortons is the bomb!

Hot lemon water- I use it any time I feel bloated, my rings are tight, I have eaten a high sodium meal, etc. Here is my method: Poke a lemon with a fork a few times, place it in a bowl, nuke for 1 minute. Cut in half while still in the bowl so that you do not lose any of the juice. Squeeze half of the lemon into 16 oz of hot water. I slam this, then come back in about 30 minutes and use the other half the same way, along with the juice that has accumulated in the bowl. I will even fill the bowl with hot water and pour that into my glass, so that I am sure to get all of the juice. The lemon peels are great to send down the garbage disposal too, they clean and sanitize the blades. Anyway, I swear by lemon water, it has helped flush me out many times.

PinkHibiscus
06-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Heck Yeah! I Am All Over That! Thank u!

skinny brooke
06-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks purple, the truth is I feel like I am eating all the time and then I am hungry but I will save some juice and a slice of cheese before bed and definatley have a piece of fruit tomorrow before my a.m. jog. I went to the center and I lost 1.5 pounds of what I know is water but it is on the scale so I will take it!

Leah, ishophere.biz has bars that I used on a plan similar to lawl and the nutritional info is on the web so you can check the before you order. They are about $10 per box which is from what I figured the same as bulk purchasing at lawl.

Good luck!

skipper
06-01-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi women,
Happy JUNE!!! - it's so gorgeous here, wish I could play hooky from work and sit on my deck with a glass of iced tea and a trashy novel... enough fantisizing... had my WI this morning - I was way nervous after the 3 lbs or so that I was up after that nasty MIL sabotaging holiday weekend. But, I'm only up by .5 lbs from last Friday. So, my strict adherence to plan for the last 3 days is paying off. I think I'm gonna do TO for a couple of days starting tomorrow morning - does the lemon water really seem to do it???

I have a favor to ask of you veterans - what do your abbreviations mean? I've figured several out - but would love someone to make me, as well as the other newbies, a list. It would be much appreciated.

I'm off to watch my 'hellion' play little league.

Have a great evening, all!!!

juliemarie
06-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Kristi- Are you a native Oregonian? If you're not, then I can understand your being affected by the weather . . . .I grew up here and unless it's been raining for more than 30 days straight-it doesn't bother me much;) Besides-it's Rose Festival time-that automatically means it's gonna rain, right?

It's funny-I love the weather here-it's so mild and we rarely have any extreme heat or cold that lasts longer than a few days. I can't imagine living anywhere else!

juliemarie
06-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Skipper-check out the newbie sticky thread-there's a lot of info there. If you aren't finding what you're looking for-come back here and ask . . . .

I don't know about the rest of you-but I think we should not chit-chat in that newbie thread . . .it will make it difficult for new folks to find the info they are looking for if they have to wade through a bunch of posts.

Repo girl
06-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I agree. It would be nice to leave that one as an info only kind of thread. So, I bought sugar free creamsicles today. They only have 20 calories a piece. Do you think I could count one as a condiment? I have really started looking forward to my nightly popsicle in bed.

juliemarie
06-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Katie- It sure sounds like it could be counted as a condiment-basically it's spenda and sf cool whip right? ;)

Repo girl
06-01-2006, 06:38 PM
That's what I am thinking. BTW, have any of you tried the new Coffee Mate coconut cream creamer? It is sooooo good. I use it as my fat. Picture this: 3/4 cup fresh pinapple cubes with a tablespoon of the coconut creamer poured over it. "If you like pina colada, and taking walks in the rain....."

sznn
06-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Katie - Congrats on your 9th Anniversary!!
Hey, and what is that Lemon drop recipe again?? I want to try it.

:carrot: NSV - went for that hike in the rain....finished in 51 mins today! Amazing how music with a faster beat can get you moving.
Might have to start wearing a stopwatch so I can time it accurately (been using my phone)
My goal is to finish in 45min by the end of summer.

May have negated any benefits from the hike - as I cruised through Costco on my way home grazing at every sample pit stop....yumm.

-S

ljackson
06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Ugh! I feel gross. You guys have been so active lately, I think I need to step it up. I have not worked out at all this week and I am feeling it today. I have just been so busy with 2 jobs and the kids getting out of school next week, plus 2 boys in baseball. I have not had any time.
I realize that I have switched over from feeling like crap when I work out to feeling like crap when I don't work out. I never understood when people would say that, but now I get it. I guess that is a good NSV!

Lisa

Repo girl
06-01-2006, 09:06 PM
The lemon drop is 2 shots of lemon vodka, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and splenda to taste. I used about a half of a packet. Very good!

MTdebster921
06-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Leah-
They are all about the same
calories- 180
fat - 4g.
Chol. - 2.5 g
sodium - 70
carbs - 29g
fiber - 2g
protein - 8g

deetsmom
06-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Happy June Everyone! :wave::dust:
NINE DAYS! WOO HOO!!!! COngratulations, Karen!!! Are you going on a honeymoon?

deetsmom
06-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Katie - Congrats on your 9th Anniversary!!
Hey, and what is that Lemon drop recipe again?? I want to try it.

:carrot: NSV - went for that hike in the rain....finished in 51 mins today! Amazing how music with a faster beat can get you moving.
Might have to start wearing a stopwatch so I can time it accurately (been using my phone)
My goal is to finish in 45min by the end of summer.

May have negated any benefits from the hike - as I cruised through Costco on my way home grazing at every sample pit stop....yumm.

-S

OMG, my Costco had SO MANY samples today...my kids were STUFFED afterwards, LOL!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Katie - OMG - that new creamer sounds so yummy especially dribbled over the pineapple...yummy yummy.....So is that what you do when using regular creamer? I've been counting mine as like 1/2 dairy - do you think it would be better as a fat or maybe even half dairy half fat?? just trying to see what is best - never wanted to really admit having it - hehehehehe

Sznn - you go girl!!! Wow - hiking in the rain - now that is true motivation!!! You go girl!!! BTW - I posted in another thread to ask you where did you get that president's choice protein powder ?

Leah - Girl, good to see you again - stay with us!!!

Lisa - Sorry you are so busy with all the baseball stuff. I totally understand about the yucky feeling when you don't work out - I think it is something that your body totally gets used to and starts enjoying the rush of those endorphins - plus I personally think that the sweat helps cleanse some of the toxins out as well......

Well chickies - I'm in a pretty good mood today for some reason - maybe just the fact that it is Friday!!! whaaaahooooo!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and totally POP!!
Hello to all the other chickies!!!

Leah AU mom
06-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the nutrition info. Debster!
Thanks for the "hello" Purple

Off to fold the mountain of laundry that is taking over my world.

Goal....Journal everything!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!

sznn
06-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Heather - I bought the PC protien powder at a place the Superstore, which is only in Canada.
But I'm sure you can track it down in any store that carries a line of PC products,

PS -your good mood is infectious. I'm sure when I finally wake up I'll be in a great mood.

-S

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Sznn - Thanks - I was thinking that there is a supermarket that carried that brand - what flavor is it that you got ?

Wow - You are up awful early for your side of the world!! - hehehehehe -

sznn
06-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Heather - I bought Vanilla, it comes in vanilla/choc/straw.
I don't care for strawberry - but vanilla/choc are tasty.

Yep - up @ 6:45 whether I want to or not - wish the sun was here to greet me:D
I sure am feeling that hike - guess shaving off 10 min made me really work.;)

Have a great day.
-S

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Okay SZNN - Hello my name is SUNSHINE today and I am here to greet you and say - "hey - wake up chickie" - come on out and play!!!!

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Morning chickies! I went to the gym again this morning. Did cardio and abs. Since it is my anniversary dinner tonight, I am going to save 2 starches so that I can have a baked potato. Ooooh, and a steak, and a ceasars salad, oh, I need a cold shower!

kicker_RN
06-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi all
I have been lurking but not posting lately. It's been a little crazy here for a while. A few weeks ago I got the news that I have a couple of spots in my liver again and surgery is not an option. So I start chemo on Monday. I was kinda wavering on continuing with Lawl but then I talked to the manager and she was great. She pointed out that this was one area in my life I have control over and eating healthy is going to make my body stronger for what may come. So I am still on the journey with you all.
Congrats on the nine years katie. Have a great dinner tonight and enjoy that meal.
Barb

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Wow Barb, sorry to hear that. GL with the chemo. I think you are right, you can be in charge of your nutrition, and that is a good thing. Keep us posted.

kicker_RN
06-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks Kaite:)

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
wow - that sounds yummy KAtie - you go girl gettin' that workout first thing!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Barb - So sorry to hear about that - Gl with the chemo - I sure hope everything turns out okay

skipper
06-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Barb,
I'm sending good, strong thoughts your way, the power of posititive thinking and all that. I think your manager was absolutely right - when things feel like they are out of your control, hang on even tighter to the things you can. Best of luck with the chemo, and remember to pamper yourself a little!

Katie,
Have a wonderful, relaxing and romantic anniversary dinner. You have worked so hard (I love reading your posts and encouragements for others!!)!

dawn78
06-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Barb - I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope things go well for you and your family. It sounds like you've been down this road before, just try to keep positive thoughts and stay strong. I'll be thinking of you.

skipper
06-02-2006, 12:36 PM
OK, I added a picture - it's so nice to have an idea what folks look like. This is me with my little guy when he lost his first tooth - that's why he's got that goofy look on his face.

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Skipper, love the picture. Thanks, it will be nice to get away alone for once. Lately when the kids are finally asleep, we ride our bikes around the neighborhood for a little while. That is some nice alone time, too.

Heather- Glad to see you in such a great mood today! Fridays do that to me, too. Also, I hardly have any daycare kids today. That does a lot to my mood, like make it great!!

hkychik
06-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Barb, good luck with your chemo - we're here for ya, Girlie!

Hey Purple Sunshine! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/weather/sun.gif Must be the day, I'm in a good mood too, despite computer problems!

Katie, enjoy that tater! I would have to have one loaded, or not at all!

MTdebster921
06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Barb,
Oh my! So sorry about the bad news!! Keep your spirits up and I will be keeping you in my prayers!!

Sue1968
06-02-2006, 01:37 PM
So, we are now on week 7 being the same .. arrrr I know the workouts I ahve been doing are probably the cause .. but I do feel soo much better when I work out with the weights. I've been doing the weights about 3x a week and the cardio the same 3days and then swimming one day, and then today I did 45 minutes of cardio (3 miles = 500 calories).

I know I'm not eating that much off program. I've been journaling and especially after doing the fast forward I can not believe I am the same. ..

So the counselor today was very good -- she comes from jenny craig and just feels I am having too many calories and put me onto purple; I loose 2 starch, 1 dairy 1/2 P and 1 fruit (while I do have a problem getting all my fruit in at times).

I'm hoping to be POP and have a ++ result come Wed. School is out soon and I am trying to figure out how I will get my exercise in as well as getting to my meetings (I dont want to bring 3 kids).

Thanks for listening

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 01:42 PM
WHAT? Too many calories? With your level of exercise? I strongly disagree on this. What plan were you on? It sounds like red plus. If that is the case, maybe drop to red, but purple? What do you guys think?

juliemarie
06-02-2006, 01:46 PM
I think it's way too low-I currently weigh 230 and am on red or red plus on my high exercise days . . . . .

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 01:49 PM
Sue, I really want to encourage you to call the 800 number and talk to the nutritionist. This does not seem right at all. You can find the phone # on any box of products. She will be able to help you figure out what plan you should be on, and help you to break this plateau.

MTdebster921
06-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Sue, I think that if you keep working out like that and stay on purple, you are going to pass out from not having enough food. Do what Katie suggested and call the nutritionist!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Sue - I agree totally - I'm on the same workout regimen - and pretty intense and purple probably wouldn't get me through - I'm on blue but probably with red protein portions??

Dairy Fairy
06-02-2006, 02:59 PM
Barb, I will send up thoughts and prayers for you. Stay positive and do your best to feed your body. You may want to put your plan on hold if you notice your appetite is getting whacked out. Sometimes chemo makes you have an ultra finicky appetite, and if that happens (and here's hoping it won't), you just eat whatever you can eat as much as you want. My mom only wanted garlic bologna. A neighbor only ate a few vegetables and my dad would bring her a cornucopia of stuff every few days to see if anything peaked her interest. You are a survivor already and I know you know how to take care of yourself!

Dr. says he doubts I have anemia because I "look healthy." Thanks for the scientific perspective, doc. I wanted to say "you idiot, do you know how awesome my bare minerals makeup is???" He thinks a 10 week pg followed by 6 weeks of bleeding has thrown me into some state of hormonal imbalance, but he said he doesn't think it is my "sex hormones" (his term, not mine) since I have had 2 fairly normal periods already. He thinks it is my thyroid. Could this be why I lost 30 lbs my first 6 mos and have lost maybe 5 in the last 6 mos? I am dying to find out. I also may have acid reflux, so we are doing a trial of prilosec otc (boy does it piss me off when they suggest otc stuff) to see. I will know about the other when my bloodwork comes back. He says if it comes back normal then I probably have a subclinical depression, stress, or anxiety disorder which basically means I am looking and acting normally on the outside so my body is manifesting symptoms which "is killing your insides." My Gosh, could he sound any less hokey? I was waiting for him to shake the healing stick over my head and give me a poultice. I really think it is anemia AGAIN. We'll see. If it is, then I need to be paid for a bare minerals infomercial, huh?

Sue1968
06-02-2006, 03:01 PM
At first she said she would call the nutritionist -- I dont do lites so I dont have the # -- but then she said she thought i was using too many calories. I have alwyas had a hard time loosing weight . ... the only successful one was a liquid only and was monitored by a dr.

After red, does it go to purple or gold / blue?? I"m at a loss what to do, but might try this for one week. I just need to break this -- I had my bloodwork done too so I believe everything else is okay (thyroid).. just need to hang in there .. But I do feel that even after 7 weeks, I should have lost something; I know I make a bad choice now and then, but I am eating a ton LESS and making healthier choices since January -- and I get my water in at least 6 out of the 7 days; this started when I started working out with the weights ... but I really dont want to stop that.

juliemarie
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
You're not doing the lites?? Then you are definately too low! You should be on red plus . . . .

I dunno-if you're not losing I guess maybe they're just trying anything. But it doesn't seem right.

skipper
06-02-2006, 03:19 PM
I agree with Katie, if you are exercising and still have quite a few lbs to go, they might be wrong about less food. I'm concerned that if they drop you into starvation mode, you're not going to lose anything. I've had this happen and it's beyond frustrating. I'm thinking you need to mix it up a bit - eat different combinations of food at different times than your usual routine and really watch anything that you know makes you retain water.

What does everyone else think?

Sue1968
06-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Well she did tell me that she shouldnt be giving me the info and to just try it for a week to see if it helps -- she said if I said that she gave it to me, she'd deny it ... go figure, more discrepancies about the centers.

Is purple below red? I do feel that i have a ton to eat ...

juliemarie
06-02-2006, 03:26 PM
yes-purple is below red . . .

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Purple with no lites? OMG, I am about to go into cardiac arrest here. Sue, there is no way ON THE PLANET that is right. You are starving! If you do try it for a while, just promise that if you start feeling crappy, sluggish, etc, that you will eat more.

kicker_RN
06-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the warm thoughts everyone- picked my spirits up andchanged my frame of mind for the day! :flow1:
I went to my center today and found out that those 100 calorie packs of graham crackers and chips ahoy count for 2 STARCHES!!!! I guess I will leave those to my daughter.;) The fat free sugar free fudgesicles (popsicle brand that have 40 calories each) are 2 condiments. They were double checking with the nutritionist when she got in. I found the biggest loser dvd for $12 today so I got it and did #1. Boy that is tough - my legs were weak afterwards. Hope everyone has a POP day!
barb

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Dang, 2 starches, ouch!

Mary- I can't believe he told you to try an otc. Would it have killed him to give a prescription? Anyways, I hope that it works and you get relief in no time. As for the thyroid, it is an interesting thought. When do you get your blood work back? Anemia or not, you should be a model for bare minerals!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Mary - you are too funny about those bare minerals!! You go girl!!

Sue - I'm totally with the others - I really think you should be on red at least......

I just got out of a meeting and I'm trying to catch up - work on Friday??? what are they thinking around here?

MTdebster921
06-02-2006, 04:48 PM
ok guys - I have the 100 calorie doritos and cheetos right here. I also have the LA cheese curls-cheese popcorn and caramel popcorn
Here are the breakdowns:

100 calorie doritos .68 oz.
Calories -100
fat -6g
sodium-140mg
carbs-12g
protein-2g

100 calorie cheetos .62 oz.
calories - 100
fat -6g
sodium- 200mg
potassium-25g
carbs-9g
protein- 1g.

LA cheese curls 1 oz
calories-140
fat- 5g
sodium-170mg
carb - 20g
protein 1g.

LA cheese popcorn 2/5 oz.
calories- 80g
fat-3g
sodium- 70mg
carbs-10g.
fiber-3g
protein-2g

LA toffee pecan popcorn 1 oz.
calories-120
fat-3g
sodium-70mg
carb-21g
sugars- 17g.
protein-1g.

There is a little difference in them. More fat in the 100 calorie packs, but less carbs. The sodium is a little higher. Sorry, but there is not that much of a difference to me to count them as 2 starches. What are the count on the graham crackers and chips ahoy? Could be the extra sugars in them.

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Heather- What of jerks are you working for anyway? No one, and I repeat, NO ONE, should have to work on Friday afternoon. Hmmm, maybe I had better kick all of these kids out, I mean, what am I doing working? Thats it, until the end of the day, I am not going to referee any of their fights. Haha, I'll show them!

MTdebster921
06-02-2006, 04:51 PM
1-800-LAHELP1 is the number listed on the lite boxes

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Debbie- I am with you, if you can count their 100 calorie packs as a starch, then by dang, you should be able to count the others as well. How dumb. I agree with the others, though, just use them in moderation.

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Ooooh, thanks Debbie. There you go Sue!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Katie - yea, what are they thinking? I just can't believe it?

No referring - wow - I wish I could see this....

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah, thats right, if she hit you, hit her back, don't tell me about it!

skipper
06-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Katie,
And I think you should read a romance novel and have a big glass of iced tea while you hang out alone in your room...

You're cracking me up! I have the UTMOST!!! respect for someone who can deal with daycare issues every day. Hat's off to you girl!!!

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Skipper, okay, I just added trashy novel to my Saturday shopping list. Maybe I will email the naughty scenes to DH while he is at work.....So glad that it is Friday. My sis is one brave ombre. She is going take her toddler and my 3 kids to "Over the Hedge" tonight. Man is she gonna need Prozac.

Rachy
06-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Wow! It's only June 2nd and you guys are all a buzz!!! I'm so far behind! I think need to read up on everyones progress... Congrats to all who have lost or at least stayed the same! Happy June! I'm now down 21lbs and I'm doing pretty good. I have a question... I am now exercising at least 30mins per day. (Heavy Cardio) Is staying in the purple a good thing or should I report my up in activity? I must say I feel ok with food and almost never feel hungry... Have switched from lites to Lunas and I feel GREAT. No cravings this last period and I didn't gain a single ounce! I was AMAZED! Even PMS was down I didn't even know it was my TOM 'cause I had no symptoms which is NOT like me...
I feel good and I hope you all do too!!

~Rachelle
xxx

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 10:07 PM
Okay, HUGEST NSV FOR ME EVER! I am ready to leave on my date, just waiting for DH to get home. I pulled the sixe 5 red wranglers off of the wall and put them on! Yes, they are stretchy, and yes, they are way too tight, but dammit, I don't care! It is my 9 th anniversary, and I am wearing high school sized pants. I made my sister come to tell me if I was going to be arrested by the "Too Tight Pants Police", and she said that they look fine. She may be a liar, but so what? I did have to wear a girdle to avoid a really nasty muffin top situation, but with these tight pants combined with the tight girdle, I look a little thin. I will have DH take my picture, and you guys can see. WARNING, WARNING, skin tight pants alert! Now if I can go to the restaurant without feeling self conscious, all will be well. And yes, I can breathe comfortably, and eat. That is what my sis asked on the phone while I was screaming about size 5's, really tight, not sure if I dare, etc. "Can you sit, can you breathe, will it be possible to eat?" Anyway, have a good night chickies, and keep to the faith. We are gonna get there together.

Gamababa3
06-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Katie major NSV I can just picture you getting in them:) I think at this moment I'd be happy in a size 10.

I have to share you know how I've had a lot of problems staying on program since I starting working 7 weeks ago. Well today I call my COD and talk to the manager, whom I fell in love with. Well I told her I wanted to put my program on hold. Well she explained why she didn't feel that would be a good idea and that she would be concerened I would gain more weight. I asked that a couple of weeks ago also and she offered to extend the program out a week. Well she wants to meet with me at least twice a week with her and she has penciled me in for Mon. She is going to put my plan back 7 weeks at no extra charge. She is willing to write out menu suggestions and food suggestions for me. She told me that when we hung up she was going to study my file and see when I was losing the best. I have to say I was so impressed and told her so. I hear so many stories on here how people are at their centers and she just proved she is nothing like that and wants to see me succeed. I'm also going to a gym on Mon to go during my lunches I have to find a way to make things work. There are about four of us at work who are going to have a weight off challange starting Mon for two months, well see if that also helps. I'm off to a b-day for my DH and will catch up later with you all. Have a great weekend.

LadyIzzy
06-02-2006, 10:40 PM
Hello Chickies, I finally caught up to the last post on the May thread today. Boy oh boy, can you chickies talk. Can see that everyone is losing maintaining, or going crazy like I am. WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES. You've come to the right place for plenty of knowledge and support.

I've been busy sending cover letters and resumes all over the country and not one hit. Talking to a realtor now and by hook or crook I will sell and just pack up and move somewhere by the end of summer. I'm ready to go and start fresh.

I was so glad to read that someone uses the the Bare Minerals. I've seen the commercials and was tempted to order it. Question: is bare minerals, bare escentuals, bare essential, pure minerals, basically the same makeup. Which kind do you all use specifically?

Will catch you all later. Hope you had a POP day and more to come.

MTdebster921
06-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Katie-WOOHOO!! Yea, girl!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_22.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_119v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_115.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_101.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS)

Barb - That is so cool that your counselor is doing that for you. I feel your pain though. When I changed jobs, I went from one that I could have my water with me all day, take my supps., eat on a normal schedule etc. New job- can't have water with me and eating at weird times, I get so involved in what I am doing that sometimes I would go all day without taking a break. Not good when you are trying to lose weight or maintain weight. That is when I started gaining all my weight back. Now, 5 years and 70 lbs. heavier, I finally get my eyes open enough to figure out that I need to do something!!!! You can get back in the game Barb. You've got to do it for yourself and those grandbabies of yours.

smokepole
06-02-2006, 11:39 PM
oh my goodness. you guys have been very chatty today and I don't know if I can keep up! Repo....have a terrific anniversary. Those size 5's should help!! (wink, wink)

I love reading all the comments. The 100 calorie comparison was great. Do you think they say count as 2 starches so you will buy theirs and not the other?? I do.

My center is great too. They are so compassionate and helpful. Never make me feel bad or pressured.

gosh, there were so many good things to read to day and I don't have a think to add.

RN sorry to hear about the spots. My very good friend had cancer of the liver. I know she was gtold the liver regenerates itself so removal of part was possible. Is that what you meant when you said surgery was not an option? I will remember you on my prayer list.

deetsmom
06-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the warm thoughts everyone- picked my spirits up andchanged my frame of mind for the day! :flow1:
I went to my center today and found out that those 100 calorie packs of graham crackers and chips ahoy count for 2 STARCHES!!!! I guess I will leave those to my daughter.;) The fat free sugar free fudgesicles (popsicle brand that have 40 calories each) are 2 condiments. They were double checking with the nutritionist when she got in. I found the biggest loser dvd for $12 today so I got it and did #1. Boy that is tough - my legs were weak afterwards. Hope everyone has a POP day!
barb

Funny, their cheese curls have more calories and are just ONE starch...WTF?!

Sue1968
06-03-2006, 01:36 AM
and on the 100 calorie packets, I told her today I used them as a starch -- i use the graham cracker ones and she said yes they are a starch . .. I figure what is the difference between the regular ones and those cut up smaller in a bag .. but I dont think they are worth 2 starches

Gamababa3
06-03-2006, 02:53 AM
Katie-WOOHOO!! Yea, girl!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_22.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_119v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_115.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_101.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414YYUS)

Barb - That is so cool that your counselor is doing that for you. I feel your pain though. When I changed jobs, I went from one that I could have my water with me all day, take my supps., eat on a normal schedule etc. New job- can't have water with me and eating at weird times, I get so involved in what I am doing that sometimes I would go all day without taking a break. Not good when you are trying to lose weight or maintain weight. That is when I started gaining all my weight back. Now, 5 years and 70 lbs. heavier, I finally get my eyes open enough to figure out that I need to do something!!!! You can get back in the game Barb. You've got to do it for yourself and those grandbabies of yours.

Debbie that would be very had working in an area where you can't even drink water. I'm happy to hear you figured out what you need to do and it's working for you. I'm a lot better at work then I'm at home now. When I wasn't working I planned dinners etc and was doing so much better. I'm diffenitly not the only person working in this world and I need to just get better at planning. I think going to the center 2-3 xs a week, like I used to, will help me stay on track. As it stands now when I weigh myself on Sat and see I've stayed the same or gained I decide not to go in and then tell myself I have another week to do better. Mon is a new week and I'm going to try harder again. Thanks for you support I want to be around a lot longer to watch my grandkids grow up:)

Repo girl
06-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Hi everybody! I had a great dinner, won't even torture by sharing what I had, but needless to say, it was great. I added a new avatar picture, but I can't get the body shot upload. I have got to really clean house today. This place is trashed. Not to mention do the weekly shopping. I know, its a tough life, LOL.

sznn
06-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Katie - girl, you are looking soooo tiny!!!!
Hurry up and get a photo up of the red size 5's.

-S

Tomkyn
06-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi I just joined the boards today, my name is Sommer, I'm 26 and I begin LAWL on monday. I've been reading the boards for the last two weeks as I decided whether I'd do LAWL again or not. I did it once before about 5 years ago. During that year I lost over 100 lbs and was very proud of it. But a combination of moving back home and my grandma's death brought all the weight back so I'm starting over. I am not joining a center again, however, I'm just using the stuff I have, the stuff I've learned, and these supportive boards to do it myself. I'm a full time college student (almost finished after 9 years), I have a full time job..I think if I added having to drive across town to the center to my list of things to do, my boyfriend would start looking for a new roommate.

I'm excited to start on monday and I have to tell you, I think you are all so wonderful. You are supportive of each other, you remember little things each other likes and does, you ask questions about how everyone did the day before...I'm in awe of your capacity for compassion. It's amazing. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Repo girl
06-03-2006, 12:59 PM
Hey Sommer, as I am sure you have noticed, there a quite a few girls doing the program with out going to a center. You will be very successful here. What is your first goal?

Suzane- I can't figure out how to the get the red pants pic up. I guess it is too big, but I can't seem to resize it right. I may have to ask DH to help when he gets home. BTW, those pants had him panting.

Tomkyn
06-03-2006, 01:05 PM
My first goal is really just to start. I've been back and forth about it for two weeks now and I've set monday as my start date and I'll be pleased if I can just kick off on that day. I'm not worried though, my will power is pretty good.

My second goal is to continue cooking good food that my BF and I can enjoy together. That'll be tough but we'll get through it. I'm not a big meat eater, so it'll take some adjustment.

dolphn545
06-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Hi Everybody! :wave:

Katie - love the new avator!

Had WI today. Up a bit. And of course I got the lecture, :blah: :blah: :blah:
wanting me to buy the FF drink, supplements for boosting the loss, etc.
I kind of expected to be up. The last few days I've had no fruits & veggies. Although the counselor was trying to be helpful. Telling me to try eating 3/4 of a sliced cucumber with the Morton's, and there's my veggies for the day. Fruit, she suggested their powder fruit drink (of course) which counts as 1 fruit, but adding a banana, to make my 3 servings.
Haven't been too hungry at all lately, and whatever I have been eating has been mostly starch. :eek: I already screwed up today. Went to a baby shower. Need I say more?
Tomorrow will be a fresh start. I have a huge watermelon that I can cut up later today, and try doing the watermelon FF for two days.

Oh well. ...
Congratulations to all the WL losers!
:welcome: to all the newbies, and :goodluck: to everyone who has WI! :)

PinkHibiscus
06-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Repo Girl u look FREAKIN GREAT!!! right on!!! Your my weekly inspiration!! *Chicago tune plays in the background* HA HA That Peter Cetera's voice, I tell ya. *shudder* Sorry! I'm a lil goofy today!

hkychik
06-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Katie, HOT HOT HOT!

Sommer, welcome aboard! Glad you decided to join in and not just read along! Are you starting cold turkey or doing a version of take off with fruit?

Sherry, I really like their mixed berry smoothie - I mix it with lots of ice and 4 oz cranberry or grape or whatever other "red" juice I have around and it kills two fruits. Top it with FF cool whip and it becomes a real treat... even the kiddos will have it for desert. I

I wonder if it is a difference in ingredients that has them counting the 100 cal packs as 2 starches? I only count them as one when I use them and they've never said anything when I write them down. Now, if I asked about them.... they'd probably just start with the "not during weight loss" lecture.

I have been all over the place on the scale (both home and COD). I've gotten my home scale to say 200 even, but can't make it go below. Evil thing! I was really hoping to be in onederland by today, at least at home. So far, I've had a POP weekend - maybe by Monday?!

stacyj
06-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I know this has been addressed before---but,
I am going to do TO tomorrow and Monday......(I have been horrible, and my scale says that I am up 4.5 pounds!)
Ok, so I bought the drink at the COD today and have it "chillin" now.
Do you guys do better on the limited or the unlimited?
I have the bars, but really I would rather do the unlimited-but really just want to do whatever will jump start my system best!
I have been TOTALLY off plan for 2 weeks-just can't get with it--
I need help!!
***REPOST--hope to get more responses!!:smug:

aggie2006
06-04-2006, 04:55 AM
hey girlies!

repo~ wow, your avatar is awesome, you look so tiny in that photo! im dying with envy...cant wait to see the full body shot...try to post it up on hhttp://www.imageshack.us/ instead...congratulations on your wedding anniversary...seems like things are just right for you!

hey to all the other girlies, missed you guys! just got another apartment, i love it, its the penthouse! its a studio with a walled off bedroom that has a large entrance way, its a corner apartment which has a 15m sq. balcony around the entire length of the apartment and all windows...its really impressive...and it faces the sun, so i get it from 7am to 10pm... we have very long days here...

anyway, 2 more weeks of finals...errr..almost done! i have a ticket home for june 24th...i can wait...

have a great POP day, i know i havent! i have 3 weeks to atleast get back to my tracker weight...good luck to the others, and hello to the newbies

aggie2006
06-04-2006, 05:23 AM
debbie~ i just read back over the may thread...nikita baby isnt so great
they did some xrays on her, thought she had bone cancer because there was an overgrowth of her fibula, little bone next to chin bone...anyway thank god we had xrays from two weeks ago that someone overlooked that she had not only a broken head of a femur (which they knew about) but also a broken fibula, which has began the healing process on its own, and therefor the overgrowth looked like cancer..shes still limping, but in much better mood...she got to some chocolate, which shouldnt even be in the house! haha, and had the runs, but shes all better now! i cant wait til we can take walks and she can run again...shes way under exercised and not happy about it! shes staring at me like she knows im talking about her, shes so cute!

dolphn545
06-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Well, I never got to cut up the watermelon last night, and was starving when I woke up this morning. However, at least I made choices that were OP for breakfast, so I'm off to a good Sunday, so far! :)

Aggie, your new apartment sounds awesome! Do you have to move each semester or did you choose to move? Since you will be coming home for the summer, do you have an apt in NY too?

Hope everyone has a great POP day!!

Repo girl
06-04-2006, 10:21 AM
Morning all. I have got the stomach flu, and so does DH. We are pretty pathetic today.

Stacy- My bet is on the limited.

aggie2006
06-04-2006, 11:04 AM
KATIE~ sorry you guys are sick, maybe it was that anniversary dinner!

sherry~ i live with my parents when i come home, i used to live with my boyfriend but that fell apart my second year here...but being back at home isnt that bad...we have a good family dynamic...

aggie2006
06-04-2006, 11:06 AM
oh, and i dont have to move, but me and my DS are dviving eachother mad! plus the place we live in is a brick house, with high ceillings, very beutiful but hard to heat in the very freezing winters...so we decided to live on our own, hopefully the last move for the next 3 yrs, its getting rediculous! 3rd move for me!!

stacyj
06-04-2006, 11:11 AM
I have been reading different old threads trying to figure out which to do....and it seems that most people have more success with unlimited.
I am only sipping my drink for now.....hope I can make it today and tomorrow!!
I have done both limited and unlimited......and I guess limited hs been more of a "scale mover" for me now that I think about it.

thanks Repo!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey chickies!!!

Katie -First whooooohooooo on those size 5 red pants - THAT IS SOOOO TOTALLY AWESOME !!! I know you looked totally hot and I bet DH was not only panting, but his tongue was hanging out of his mouth while he drooled over you all night......The new avatar looks wonderful - I agree that you look so skinny - imagine what we would think if we saw the whole body shot!!!
Hope the sister got through the over the hedge movie with the kids without going crazy!!! I was going to take DD this morning but I'm just not sure she is ready for the movie at 2?? whatcha think?
sorry you guys are not feeling good - It does sound like something from the dinner if both of you have it??? Hope it passes quickly for you both!!!

Aggie - So glad Nikita is slowly getting better - sorry she is in so much pain!!! Girl I hope the next two weeks for you goes well - good luck on all your exams!!!!!

Barb -I'm so sorry that the past 7 weeks haven't been the best but hopefully the COD manager can help ge you back on track!!! We do miss you around here!!!

To everyone else - Hope everyone has a totall POP day - I think I'm going to take DH and DD out to hang out on the deck by the pool and ejoy some of this beautiful sunshine (sorry kristi and sznn - sending some your way!)

talk to you chickies tomorrow morning!!!!

space99s1
06-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Good morning, everyone.

I've been very busy with work and stuff at home but I have been lurking.

Aggie...good luck on your finals. You are in the homestretch and almost done! I'm happy to hear your furbaby does NOT have cancer.

Katie...sorry to hear you and DH are sick. That stomach flu is a killer. Lots of rest.

Lori...how do you like your MP3 player (remember, we rewarded ourselves with the same one)? I went to Best Buy and got 512K more memory (the max it can handle) because I like a variety of songs! lol..After the rebate check, it will work out to be around $20 which is pretty good!

Well, during this past week, after basically not losing (but not gaining) for 10 days (a plateau? although according to COD there is "no such thing") I followed FAst Forward for two days...and lost 3 pounds! I'm happy. My total is 34 pounds in 13 weeks. I also had a NSV this morning. I have been saving a pair of Gitano jeans, size 18... I mean REAL jeans not the kind with the stretch elastic and overly generous cut in the belly. Anyway, I was able to get them up over my thighs and butt this morning! No, I couldn't button and zip them yet (though, I suppose if I lay on the bed and suck in, I could but that's cheating...;) )but the fact that I could get them on my body is a victory.

THAT motivated me more than the 3 pound loss.

Speaking of fast weigh loss, has Erin been around lately? What about Milca, that wonderful ray of daily sunshine?

EVeryone have a great POP day and welcome to the newbies...

space99s1
06-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh, I also made a discovery at the center....The LAWL Biscotti cookie (I've only tried chocolate but I also have a box of the oatmeal)

O...M....G.....To DIE for. Each one counts as one fruit and one starch. I need to watch myself around those...it could be trouble :O but I'll be strong and just think of those "real" jeans I want to comfortably zip up by, say, the end of summer (and perhaps go down another size?)

space99s1
06-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Barbara...btw, you already look amazing! When I first started posting on these boards, I thought the little girl in your avatar was your DAUGHTER not your granddaughter!

stacyj
06-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Repo--
Have you heard of Janet Evanowich's books about a main character named Stephanie Plum?
I think you (or any of you) would like them....they are hilarious! and very easy reading. The first novel is called ONE FOR THE MONEY.

hkychik
06-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Space, Glad to see you back! I like the MP3 player just fine - haven't overloaded it yet, but I am watching for sales for cards... I don't get to use it much - every time I put it on SOMEONE (read that DD!) around me wants to have a conversation with me. I used the Audible.com subscription that came with it and put a couple books on there - not much music yet, but I am slowly raiding from DS's MP3 library. Way to go on the jeans!

Katie, feel better soon! I agree - it does sound like leftovers from the anniversary dinner! Bummer....

Aggie, your new place sounds AWESOME! I would love to have that large of a deck.

Gamababa3
06-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Hi Sommer welcome glad you decided to join us. As you’ve read there are others who are doing the program on their own, so I’m sure they will be able to help you. That’s great you have done the program before and still have the materials to help you. Look forward in hearing how you’re doing in the near future.

Katie were all still waiting to see you in those tiny pants. Hope you’re feeling better soon and that it was just from eating out and not the flu.

Tomkyn good luck with starting the program and great to hear you have good well power.

Lori that smoothie sound great I’ll have to check it out. I’m sure you’ll make it in to onederland this week.

Lori glad you got in to an apt and you love it. Sounds really nice.

Heather I just have to work harder in making the program work again. It took everything I had to move my tickler to 198 even though I haven’t been to the center to WI I had to put what my home scale is. I’ll get there just have to reach for that determination that I used to have. Hope you and your family enjoyed being at the pool you tiny thing you:) Thanks I miss you guys also.

Space congrats on the NSV you’ll have those jeans zipped and buttoned in no time. Also thank you I always love those compliments :) You're not the only one though almost everyone always thinks Jasmyne is my DD. Didn't help when I when from dark auburn hair to blonde and of course hers is blonde.

I'm excited to have my appt at the gym tomorrow and meeting with my center to put together a plan. Here's to fresh starts and a good week for all of us.

Repo girl
06-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Amen Barb!!!

LadyIzzy
06-04-2006, 11:29 PM
WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES, HELLO LOSERS, REMAIN STEADFAST MAINTAINERS, JUMP BACK ON TRACK GAINERS.

Kristi - thanks for your answer on 'bare minerals'. I will try it as soon as my budget adjusts:dizzy:

Barb - I'm the opposite of you 'I planned meals, ate less, and drank more water than I needed when I worked. Isn't that strange? You have done a great job of losing already. I'm sure in time things will fall in place for both of us.

Repo - glad that you enjoyed your date with DH. How did the red size 5s hold up. A panting husband is all you need. Hurry up and get well.

Aggie - Congrats on the new pebnthouse apartment with the great balcony and windows around. Sounds fabulous. Glad to hear that Nikta is heeling okay. My puppy stares at me as if she knows that i'm thinking/typing/talking about her. She wanted attention while I was on the phone and while I wasn't noticing, she removed all pillows from the sofa. They are 3 large and 6 small ones). She is not as big as a minute and it always amazes me that she can do this. Good luck on the remaining exams.

talk/type at you later,

Repo girl
06-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Hey Bre, good to hear from you!

Aggie- Cool about the apartment, sounds very nice!

aggie2006
06-05-2006, 02:42 AM
bre~ so cute, i love animals, they are so smart and know exactly what to do when they want our attention!
im with you, when i was working, had a ton of classes and was a busy bee i always lost weight, there wasnt time to sit around and eat!

im soo peeved this morning, ive been having problems with my frequent flyer miles with Lufthansa...ive had it set up for years, and it keeps giving me a problem, and unable to find me, errr, by now i should have a free round trip ticket with the amount of miles ive accumulated!

katie~ hows the tummy?

lori~ i might sound dumb right now, but where do you get the books from onto your mp3 player? is it a website you buy them off? or a bookstore? ive seen the tapes but its my first time hearing about mp3 books, i know im living under a rock out here!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Good morning chickies!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend - Don't have alot of time for personals, but just wanted to wish everyone a POP day!!!

smokepole
06-05-2006, 09:02 AM
okay...today's the day. I start CURVES, I'm on the Blue plan and I WILL measure and weigh and not cheat!! My reunion is in 6 weeks. I HAVE to do this. I probably should do FF ...gotta hit walmart for the juice or go buy some melon.

Aggie your apt sounds so cool. I love balcony's. Can watch so much that's going on. I think I'm a closet vouyeur (sp)

Tomkyn
06-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone! I was going to start my TO this morning but I started taking antibiotics for an ear infection and sinus infection on friday and I was hoping I'd be feeling better today but I'm not. It doesn't feel right to start putting my body through the diet before I'm feeling up to par so I'm putting it off just one more day. I'm confident I'll be feeling less terrible tomorrow. Besides Tuesdays are good days. Tuesdays are an excellent day to start something. :)

hkychik
06-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Aggie, my MP3 player came with a trial subscription to www.audible.com - ($22.95 a month after the 30 day trial) you can download books in lots of different formats; I like to listen to Stephen King while I walk during DS's baseball practice.... I am hoping to copy the downloads to CD and listen to them on my 12 hour drive next weekend!

Sommer, feel better soon!

Smoke - THAT is the attitude to have! You go girl!

Have POP day, everyone!

MetalChic
06-05-2006, 11:25 AM
NINE DAYS! WOO HOO!!!! COngratulations, Karen!!! Are you going on a honeymoon?

Thanks Girl! We are going to a resort close to Cancun, Mexico. I'll be MIA for at least two weeks. Wish me luck!

haylo921
06-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since I have read and posted anything. I had a hectic week last week closing everything out for the end of the school year. I finished and I am now on summer vacation. I hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to all the losers.

ljackson
06-05-2006, 11:52 AM
Guys I need your help- I am going to do take off today. I have never done it on my own before. I have been searching the boards and I can not find specific directions for doing it with oranges. Can someone either direct me where to go or give me the directions. I am starving, it is almost 10 am and I have not had anything to eat today because i want to do this right.
Thanks,
Lisa

skipper
06-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Good Morning Chickies,
After a weekend of TO (never again on a weekend - too many temptations!) and staining the deck (AAAGGHHH!!!) I'm glad to get back to work and check on my 'friends'. But, my scale was down 2.5 lbs from last friday this AM. WHOO HOO!!! Today is a new week - focus time!!

Katie, look at your skinny self in your new pic!! You GO GIRL!! Hope you are feeling better - I hate dealing with anything intestinal. But, it sounds like you had a lovely dinner out. :-) Did the kids like Over the Hedge? I'm thinking of taking the hellion and would love some feedback.

Barb, it's so natural to get tired of doing this and let it get you down. It's all a head game, isn't it? I just keep telling myself it's a process and I'm getting there. And so are you, my friend. I know you can jump start yourself!!!

Aggie, I'm commiserating over trying to use frequent flyer miles. Never seems to work without a hitch. Good luck! and congrats on the new apt. - it sounds great.

Welcome Sommer! I'm a newbie too, and have found these courageous women such a help/lifeline. Finding this board feels like one of the best and most helpful things I could do for myself right now.

Everyone have a happy and powerful Monday!!!

Marilee

hkychik
06-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Lisa, I believe it is 4 oranges/day.... I've nver done it myself, but that is what sticks in my head...

ljackson
06-05-2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks Lori- I ended up just having an orange and my Luna bar so far until I figure this out. I guess I should have planned ahead better- but I woke up today inspired to give myself a kick start. I went to the beach yesterday for the first time this year and I still felt too big- one of my major goals was to be able to be in a swimsuit and not be uncomfortable. Not happening yet:(

nikkijo
06-05-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm ready to get back on plan. I am doing TO today and tomorrow!! Wish me luck!!! I hope everyone is doing well and I'm looking forward to getting caught up with everyone:dizzy:

Repo girl
06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Lisa- It is 4 oranges per day. Good luck!!

Skipper- Wow, sounds like you had a busy weekend. The kids loved over the hedge, and so did the adults that took them. Congrats on the loss!

Karen- WOW! 5 days, how exciting!

Sommer- I agree it is hard to diet when you are sick.

HeatherPP- Hey girlfriend! Did you have a good weekend?

Mary- How are you feeling?

Smole- Good for you, curves, dedication, sounds good!

Well, I am feeling tons better this morning. I have already done a ton of laundry, dishes, swept and mopped half of the house, etc. I really am back on top, I think. I changed my avatar to the picture in my red jeans, but it is small, so I don't how much you will be able to see. Tomorrow night is out second Family Biggest Loser weigh in. I am not expecting much out of me, but the family seems to be doing really well. I can't wait to see how much they all have lost! I am going to work on the newsletter today.

nikkijo
06-05-2006, 01:04 PM
Smokepole........Central new york, Curves..Walmart....we could be neighbors. Are you near Syracuse by any chance?

ljackson
06-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Repo, thanks- is that 2 bars and 2 proteins and unlimited veggies too?
Your new avitar is great! congrats on the jeans - I have not been in a size 5 since junior high. In the last avitar you had up over the weekend you looked so much younger than you did on the previous one. Way to go!!!
Lisa

Tomkyn
06-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Marilee- Yes! I haven't even started the diet and I already feel so much better about myself just by reading these boards and participating in them.

Repo Girl- Yeah, I haven't the appetite for anything except water because my throat is so dry. When I start I want to start strong and stay strong. I don't want to start out all wobbly and sick. And btw, you look fantastic!

Sue1968
06-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Happy Monday Everyone!

Well, I"m doing well on the purple plan; I did incorporate 2 extra items of my choice since I do not do bars -- Saturday, I was POP; we ordered out and I got broiled fish, and only ate 1/2 of my baked potatoe. Yesterday was just downright crazy. I did about 30 minutes of cardio each day, Saturday I did my weight routine -- its amazing how good it makes you feel. I can bend / stretch the way I never could before (and I'm 259lbs!) -- I feel alot less, but the damn scale wont move.

Yesterday I had an okay day -- soo much going on and one of the bday parties I took my daughter too ran over so I had a slice of pizza at my moms house (1/2 p) carb craver -- and then had a taco at taco bell. In my book it shows 1/2 p and 1 starch. I am scared to tell you how good it was! You should have seen me sitting in the drive thru with my book trying to figure out what I can get; I initially went there because it said KFC had greenbeans for 2 v I could have lol.

For dinner I had a steak tip salad (also ordered out) and I'm sure it had too much sodium; unfortunately I only had my requirement on water -- I'll have to kick it up a notch today. My only downfall is at work -- people have candy out everywhere -- so I had about 3-5 pieces of small candy; that was my worst.

Today I bought haddock for dinner and will hopefully have another POP day; I weigh in on Wed this week because of field day at my dd's school. I'm hoping for some type of loss -- oh, and my biggest accomplishment -- since I work 2nd shift, the hardest thing to do is not to eat when I got home -- yeahh, last night, no snacks (usually apple, my dairy, or a starch), but I'm trying not to eat after 9-10pm .. I get home around 12am or later

Have a great day!

ljackson
06-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks Kristi- Can I bother you for one more thing? What is the plan for unlimited TO with oranges? I am sorry to be so annoying but I just need to get out of the 160's, I was with family this weekend that I had not seen since Easter and I realized that I have only lost 2 more pounds since then. I keep battling with the same few pounds each week, it is time to shake things up.
Thank you,
Lisa

ljackson
06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks Kristi- I just can not handle the shakes- I do not drink milk and I have never liked shakes of any kind- even the good kind you would get at an ice cream shop or Mc Donalds.

I have already had a bar today so now I have to figure out what I am going to do- limited or unlimited
Lisa

Chklithunder
06-05-2006, 02:02 PM
:wave: Hi All.

I've been MIA I know, but I've been bad, and really not in the right frame of mind to post with you all. I've missed you all terribly though and could not stay away.

Suffice it to say I blew the back end of the challenge. I think the deprivation of a protein and a starch was a bit too much for me to handle. I am not making excuses, I did what I did, but I'm back. Today, TO, Day #1.

To all of you chicks who were looking for me, THANK YOU. It is really great to be missed.

HeatherPP - I read that your DF is going to be just fine and that there is no blockage...Thank God!

Barb - Hugs, prayers and best of luck to you as you undergo chemo.

Katie - GREAT PIC.

To everyone else, I don't have a lot of time, but congrats to you losers, woo hoo to the maintainers, and to the gainers, well, you're in good company (mine) and let's not give up!

:cheers:
Carmen

missy_j
06-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Hi all! Hope you're all well and successful. I'm down to 190.6 today... just a matter of time before I'm out of the 190s! Seems like a lot of illness going around; I pray you're all better soon. Incidentally, a stomach flu was what kicked me this side of the 200-pound mark, so it was torturous but it had a silver lining for me ;)

G'day & good luck!

Repo girl
06-05-2006, 02:25 PM
Hey Carm! So glad to hear from you. Way to jump back on the wagon, you can do this chickie! GL with TO.

faraboverubies
06-05-2006, 02:43 PM
hi all!
I'm in my second week. I really don't feel much of a difference in my weight. I've only lost 3 lbs total. I've really been sticking to the plan. Today a counselor told me that I need to stick to one of the menu options 1, 2, or 3 where they categorize your meals and snacks. (I'm on gold plan). I had eaten (2) fruits for breakfast on one day. So she told me I HAD TO stick to the menu. She put me on a "Maximum weight loss" option:
Breakfast: S, Fr, D
Mid AM: LA Lite
Lunch: P, V, Fr
Mid PM: LA Lite
Dinner: P, V, V, S
Fruit
Fat

Anybody else doing that?

Rachy
06-05-2006, 03:04 PM
SO, hubby and I watched TLC last night which showcased these people who are considered Super Morbidly Obese and their struggles with weightloss.
It really helped me to put my issues with the scale into perspective...
I've been struggling with my weight for the last few years and being very lazy about it. It was only until very recently when I got serious and decided to TRULY make a change in my lifestyle and ironically, that's when I started seeing results - go figure???

Well, I was just sort of, ummmm humbled by this program because, it's one thing to deal with 20, 30 even 60 additional lbs but, I've never imagined what it must be like to be immobilized by being overfat. I've never considered what life must be like for those struggling with their weight in a life or death situation. It made me really think about how much I need to remain firm in my lifestyle choices because I'm sure at some point in their struggle those people wish they had done something when it was 20, 30 or 60lbs to lose rather than hundreds and now they can't even leave their houses.
It made me consider that although I call this battle of the bulge my "****" there are people in this world with much larger weight issues and that I should count my lucky stars that I woke up when I did rather than remaining the way that I was and becoming a potential threat to my own life by developing diabetes or joint issues or worse.

I just never considered how lucky we are here to have support, determination and the courage to change now before it gets even harder.

What a wake up call for me that was.
~Rachelle

hkychik
06-05-2006, 03:12 PM
April, I've never heard of that! As far as I knew it was a recommendation and nothing more! Hmmmmmmmmm

deetsmom
06-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks Girl! We are going to a resort close to Cancun, Mexico. I'll be MIA for at least two weeks. Wish me luck!

CONGRATULATIONS AND HAVE A BLAST!!!

deetsmom
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
hi all!
I'm in my second week. I really don't feel much of a difference in my weight. I've only lost 3 lbs total. I've really been sticking to the plan. Today a counselor told me that I need to stick to one of the menu options 1, 2, or 3 where they categorize your meals and snacks. (I'm on gold plan). I had eaten (2) fruits for breakfast on one day. So she told me I HAD TO stick to the menu. She put me on a "Maximum weight loss" option:
Breakfast: S, Fr, D
Mid AM: LA Lite
Lunch: P, V, Fr
Mid PM: LA Lite
Dinner: P, V, V, S
Fruit
Fat

Anybody else doing that?

That should help, especially with less weight to lose. Cute avatar:)

nikkijo
06-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Repo--
Have you heard of Janet Evanowich's books about a main character named Stephanie Plum?
I think you (or any of you) would like them....they are hilarious! and very easy reading. The first novel is called ONE FOR THE MONEY.
I LOVE this series!!!! I can't help but giggle when I eat canolli's!

deetsmom
06-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Katie- you look adorable in those leggings! Love the updated avatars.

ljackson
06-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Amen Rachelle, I watched that last night too and i was thinking the same thing- you just put it into words so eloquently
I was thinking that that could be me if I did not do this. I could so much relate to their reasons for overeating.
I thought the best part was when the guy said that it is like any other addiction except that you can't ever give up eating- it is not like cocaine or alcohol or cigarettes where you just stay away- you have to eat to live, so it is an almost impossible addiction to get under control.

stacyj
06-05-2006, 09:43 PM
Hi everyone!
Today is my last TO day and I thinkI have done pretty well. I am going to drink some lemon water tonight and again in the morning and weigh in tomorrow before lunch. I plan to eat only a yogurt and some water before weigh in!
Hope you all are fine!

POP days for us!

Rachy
06-05-2006, 10:13 PM
It just made me think about how I don't have any real reasons for being overweight other than sheer laziness and my love for food. I mean, some eat for comfort or boredom or even depression-I eat 'cause I love to eat. I love to taste food and I know that I don't move my bum enough. Until recently that is...
I don't want to say that I pittied them, nobody wants to be pittied but, I just suddenly empathized and I don't think I ever did that before. It just made me want to keep going and know that I am worth being heathly. My family is worth me living as long as I can.

We are all worthy of healthy and fullfilling lives. Life can be tuff enough without having to deal with the added pressures of a weight situation. I'm glad we are all doing something about it now.

~Rachelle

Gamababa3
06-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Skipper congrats on getting through your TO and losing 2.5 lbs. I agree the weekend would be hard. I agree it sure is a process and I have to just tell myself why I’m doing this in the first place. Thanks for your feed back and I know we both can do this.

WOW Katie you look great, yes the pic is small, but you can still tell you’ve lost a lot. You are looking really good. Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Have fun at your Family’s biggest loser weigh in and hope it goes well.

Well I had my meeting with the manager at the center and she is so down to earth. First she wrote out some great suggestions for me. She also wants me to do TO which I’ve never done, but I don’t feel I should tell her no when she is trying to help me. I told her I’m going to be starving these next couple of days. I’ve read so many stories on here I’m not sure what to think of it. I didn’t have to pay for it, since I didn’t do it in the beginning. She also gave me 4 different lites to try and is going to allow me to buy them still at the $99 price. She basically is planning to work very close with me and I like that. I went to the gym and asked a lot of questions. He is going to give me a week free to start. I’m excited, but also nervous about TO. They are also going to be having ½ the program again and my DD is thinking of joining. I would also get ½ off of products I choose to buy. Well I’m going to go figure out what I can eat tonight and prepare my chicken for tomorrow. Also since I'm going by night time WI's now I'm going to change my tickler even higher. I'm so bummed I allowed myself to get back over 200, but I'm going to continue to try harder. Have a great night.

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 12:30 AM
Barb- Good luck with TO, I am sure you will be fine. Don't fret, you will back down below the 200 mark in a couple of days. You have done so well, and I know that you can jump back in with your plan and do great. Have a good night!

Gamababa3
06-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Barb- Good luck with TO, I am sure you will be fine. Don't fret, you will back down below the 200 mark in a couple of days. You have done so well, and I know that you can jump back in with your plan and do great. Have a good night!

Thanks Katie I appreciate your kind words. I'll let you know how I ended up doing when I WI on Wed. You have a good night also. I'll try and post tomorrow, that's if I don't end up eating my keyboard etc:)

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Haha, don't worry, you won't. Just don't forget sf gum, mints, coffee and tea. That will get you through.

Sue1968
06-06-2006, 01:19 AM
On the TLC show -- I often wonder why I am overweight -- I have been overweight my entire life .. I think in 1990 I got to my lowest of 160 and then it just went up from there . .. My poor husband he met me in 1990 and had no idea lol.

I know people say you are overweight for a reason, but I cant figure that one out -- I think I just love food -- its an addiction; Funny how typing it out makes it more "real" ~ true confessions.

So far this week I have been very good, but often there are times that I just feel that this is my last chance to have this food, or in the past, whenever I went shopping it was okay to grab a bag of candy, or container of pringles .. but I would never let anyone see . . .. This hasnt happened in a while but I struggle to understand why I have those feelings.

I wish I caught that show -- I know they repeat alot, I hope to catch it on re-runs. I do have to say that exercise is addictive as well. Every day I think about what I can work on tomorrow -- Even though my scale is stuck,I can notice it on my body more and more each day . .. especially in my legs (they feel very strong) and in my butt -- but gosh I want to move my tickler below!!!

dolphn545
06-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Good Morning To Everyone! :wave:

Just a quick note before I'm off to school Crazy week this week. :stress: :stress: 2 tests today, 2 Finals tomorrow, 1 final & a presentation on Thursday. (But then I'm done until end of August!) (except for a pharm course over the summer, but that's supposed to be stress free...)

Anyways, this is the 2nd day of TO for me. I hope it works this time!! So much coming up over the summer, I would like to at least be closer to the lower 180's. (Only 10 lbs mini goal, is that really too much to ask??) :D

Katie - You look AWESOME!! in your little red jeans!! Congratulations on your success thus far! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well, :goodluck: to all those doing TO and who have WI today.

Congratulations to all the WL losers!!:bravo:

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Hiya chickies and good morning - I'm such a happy little chickie today - Let me tell you why.......hahahah (can you hear just how hyper I am today - I know I will get on everyone's nerves at work - oh well!!!)
Well, I've been really frustrated lately - just with the scale in general - I know that is by far not the only measure of success - as I have preached several times to others, but I also know very well - how frustrating it is when it doesn't move. The trainer has had me doing 90-112 grams of protein daily in order to get my muscle tone up - I can definitely tell it has been working - but the scale was creeping up as well. I was eating good and totally OP foods - just more protein. I figured the gain was either from the extra protein or just the muscle in general - so I TRIED to not worry about it...Tried being the main key word there.....Well I talked to him and he thought I was eating good, but wanted to put me on a lean up plan. So yesterday was my first day - I lost 2.5 lbs in one day -= I was so happy this morning - especially to be a day after heavy weight training - that is excellent for me - On top of that - TOM is totally due in the next 24-48 hours.........So, I just wanted to say to everyone - hopefully I'm back on the right track - not totally foloowing LAWL - but still eating totally on plan foods. I'm going to give this lean up plan 2 weeks and see what happens......as for day 1 - I can say I'm totally estatic!!!

Carmen - Good luck on TO day #2!!! I'm so glad to see you back - Girl don't stay gone that long anymore - I missed you!!! My challenge buddy disappeared on me - and I was sad sad sad....

Katie - How did the weigh in go chickie? YOu are such a motivating girl . I know you're family see's all your success and knows they can do it with you on their side!!! I think you should change your screen name from REPOGirl - to RED HOT!!! hehehehehehe

Barbara -So glad to see that the manager at the COD is working with you. Good luck on the TO - I bet after two days - you will already be back down below that 200 mark!!!! Once you get in the groove - Girl there is no stopping you - so everybody in her path - WATCH OUT!!!!

Sherry - Girl Good luck on those exams!!! Here's sending you lots of A :goodvibes: !!! Wow - TO and all the stress of these tests - you have more willpower than me!!! Whoooo hoooo!!!!

Stacy - Hope your WI after TO goes well today!!! Hope your TO went well!!!

So do I have any friendly competitors up there in Canada for the Stanley Cup Finals - I have to say - I'm so proud of my CANES!!! LET'S GO CANES - LET'S GO CANES!!! I will say that I do hope the Edmenton goalie does get better.
Good luck to all!!!! May the best team win!!!

skinny brooke
06-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Good luck on TO ladies! I don't know If I could do that one, but in 2 weeks maybe I will try.
I have been op the past few days - the weekend could have gone better when I swaped fruit for wine, but none of that during the week! I whent to wi yesterday and I am 133.8 on their scale and 131.6 at home naked. I am a little discouraged I am not loosing faster, I started at 137 last Wednesday but I will take it. I just thought on ff it would have been more than 2 pounds.
One thing I don't really agree with lawl about is the sodium thing. I understand that it will make me retain water, but when you drink 10 glasses of water per day unless I am menstrating I should not retain that much water. So she says it effects weight loss, but it effects WATER LOSS. I would rather loose actual fat not water, so if something has a little soduim then so be it. My dh is a doctor and he agrees.
Anyway, I got my bars and bought 6 weeks plus the 12 weeks of stabalization and tried the supplement for energy/appetite control and it seemed to give me a "boost" for the afternoon.
Here is to a POP Day!

Breakfast:
biscotti (1 starch/1 fruit)
Yogurt (1 dairy)
Snack: La Lite
Lunch:5 oz tuna with 2 tsp low fat mayo, 1 tomato, and 1 cup stawberries(1 protein, 1/2 fat, 1 veg,1 fruit)
snack:sugar free jello (condiment)
dinner:4 oz salmon, 1/2 potato,salad,1 cup asparagus (1 protien, 1 starch,2 veggies,& 1/2 fat for the oil on salad)
snack:la lite
WISH ME LUCK FOR THE DAY! I have to get my excersize in!

CandlePrincess
06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
ok..woke up this morning and I am up about 4 lbs...not sure what that is about...but I have until Sat to make it disappear again. My body may just be having a hard time in the 260's....it hasn't been there for so long. I was going to start TO yesterday and it didn't happen. I didn't make it to the store. So TO day one today......and hopefully bye bye those unwanted pounds!

I am going out today for the first time with the boys alone! Wish me luck...usually I am home all day and my husband and I take the boys out in the evening....you know strength in numbers thing...LOL. But the 6 month old has a doctor's appointment today and so off we will go. I know you moms out there are probably laughing at me now....but I have to say with the two of them there are moments I am totally overwhelmed! It's hard trying to figure out what the baby is going to do...one day he eats every six hours and sleeps in between...the next he wants to eat ever two hours and not sleep in between. I am hoping his doctor can give me some direction today and maybe get him on a regular schedule....one that includes sleeping through the night. He got up about 3:30 am and went back to bed at 5 and is still asleep at 9:40 this morning......don't get me wrong..I'm not complaining...it's just still an adjustment for all of us. DFS#1 would still like it if DFS#2 wasn't here...but he is adjusting just like my DH and I are! Well off to clean up breakfast! Later chickies!

missy_j
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Heather, don't get discouraged! I awoke last week at 194 when I was supposed to be at 192 and got upset, but when I thought it over I realized I had had 4 salty meals in a row and half a glass of wine. AND, I skipped my veggies one of those days, to save the calories, but I know the veggies help with water retention and my body needed them. I stayed POP (well, for ME) for the next day and now I'm down to 190, on track again. (And happy!) By the way, hot lemon water DID NOT work for me (and I was glad, because boy was it NASTY! I hate lemon). I pee all the time anyway. The lemon made no difference whatsoever, for me.

So, revisit your last few days. Extra salt? TOM? Something is kicking up your water retention. Don't give up and you'll do just fine. (Although if you begin to cheat too much like I did throughout May you'll notice quite a stall.)

I don't mean to insult your intelligence; I realize you probably know all this. I just don't want you to be discouraged!

Good luck! We're rooting for you!

skipper
06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi all,
I head to weigh-in at lunch time today - wish me luck, everyone!! I'm having a little yogurt and lemon water for breakfast - YUM!! :-) I just want to see that scale at the COD drop. Have a great day all.

Heather - good job, girl! I can tell how psyched you are - go get 'em, and keep it up.

Katie - awesome red jeans, and they don't even look tight. You are a true inspiration.

Heather the Candle Princess - and, no I'm not laughing with you. I am smiling in remembrance. Those little ones just don't do what we want them to, when we want them to. Hang in there, of course it will all regulate. AND, I know that if you've stayed on plan those 4 lbs are just a fluke. I do think that sometimes our bodies say - "Whoa, what are you doing to me?" and try to return to what they think is 'normal' - it's happened to me many times. Good luck at the DR.

Rachelle - AMEN! I couldn't have said it better! Perspective on what's important in our lives and why we are doing this does make it easier! Thanks for reminding me.

OK, off to a 'FUN' manager's meeting, (I will not let them make me crabby! ) ...

Rebeca
06-06-2006, 11:34 AM
Heather- What does this lean up plan contain? Your attitude is contagious and after a weekend of eating ALL WRONG i am about do it all RIGHT! Thanks for the encouragement... It wasnt in your plans but it did get to me!

Sue1968
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Purple -- What is the lean diet that he put you on. My health club gave me another session with a PT I have to schedule still. Its hard because school is out soon and my workout schedule will be reduced to weekends and Wed/Thurs nights -- should be interesting; I have to repeat myself and say its amazing how good you feel after your workouts; I've been doing about 30 minutes of weight training, and now at least 30 minutes of cardio / swimming -- but wondering on the lean diet what that woudl be.

CAndle princess -- 260's were very very very hard for me -- I've been stuck at 259 - 262 for 7 weeks. I'm hoping very much that this reduction of food (the counselor moved me to the purple, but I add an extra 2 of any items - ususally a P or S since I dont do lites) will show tomorrow morning on the scale; I think I will cry if it doesnt.

Off to take my little one swimming

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
SKIPPER - You go girl - Good luck at WI!!!! Sending lots of Loss :goodvibes: your way!!! Skipper - hope that meeting isn't too terribly boring!!!

HeatherCP - I totally agree w/ Missy - I'm sure it is water from retention for some reason like TOM or some extra sodium!!! I totally wasn't laughing b/c I know how difficult it is to take out just one sometimes - much less 2!! - So good luck!!!

Gamababa3
06-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Heather YAY, YAY & YAY for you I’m so happy things are working out well with your trainer and your finally seeing results. I would be interested also what he has you doing that is making the scale finally move in the right direction. It’s nice to read how happy you are, you deserve it I’m proud of you. Thanks for the added encouragement I sure need it. I felt good today my morning WI went from 198 to 195.8 this morning and that’s just from eating on plan yesterday. Sure funny how that can work if your not eating like a little Piggy like I have been:) Hey I’ve made it my first 2 hours on TO:) I’ll check in later and let you all know how I’m doing. Have a great day off to get some work done.

hkychik
06-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey, Heather Sunshine! :cool: Glad things are moving in the right direction on the scale. I know we all say, it isn't the scale that matters, our clothes fit better, I am gaining muscles, etc.... but golly, it's hard to believe it ourselves, huh!

Barb - you can do this, lady! I haven't done a TO since I started in February either. Nice to see you still have a keyboard! You'll be back in onederland real soon. Nice that the mgr at the COD is working so closely with you.

Sue'68 - did they say you could sub 2 of ANYTHING since you aren't doing the lites? ODD! I stopped doing the lites and they gave me an extra half protien and a starch. hmmmmmm

Heather CP - I remember those days - I did the grocery shopping at 10:00 at night, so I didn't have to load up both kids and try to maintain some semblance of sanity while I was out. Motherhood is the greatest amnesiac I know. We forget the potty training, the 2:00 feedings, the colic, the hassle of two baby carriers, 2 different size diapers.... ahhhhhh, those were the days! HA! You've done so well since you came back to the fold - don't let this little blip in the scale discourage you. It'll be gone in no time!

I made BBQ ribs last night (both kids have been yammering about them for weeks...) and just let me say bleeeechhhhhh.:barf: That whole big wad of grease was just sitting in my belly all night. For some strange reason, the home scale is DOWN a half a pound this morning too (and into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!) I have GOT to have the oddest body on here!

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Morning all! Just got DH fed and off to work, me fed, and the kids fed. It's funny, but I got a new baby yesterday at daycare, she is 8 weeks, and so tiny and cute, but I never get to feed her. I have little girls lining up and fighting over who gets to feed her. My 5 year old DD is so motherly. Anyways, my DH is really getting serious about this Biggest Loser challenge. Last night after the kiddos went to sleep, we went on a huge bike ride. Thank goodness for grandma across the street. By the time we got home, my poor legs were just wobbling. Tonight he wants to go even farther! Last night it was 40 minutes, tonight he is looking at an hour. Oh man, this better help! I am a little bloated, partly from tummy trouble, partly from PMS, but I am having one of those fat days. I am getting so impatient. I am going to write my newsletter this morning. I will have you guys proof it for me later. DH thinks that LAWL should hire me to be a motivational speaker for their clients, and a trainer for their staff. You know, fly me all over the country motivating and inspiring. What a cool job that would be, huh?

BTW, what you guys were saying about food addiction has me written all over it. I know exactly what you are saying. Thanks for letting me know I am not alone on that. I used to eat in secret. I guess sometimes I still do. Lucky for me, I get so much food on this plan that I can usually eat something OP when I feel like self medicating. Those times are getting much fewer and farther in between, too. Have a great OP day every one!!!

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Go Lori, go Lori, go go go Lori! ONEDERLAND!!!! You made it!!!! Hooray for you lady!!!!

Rebeca
06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Pls help! Where do i find knudsen juice?

Chklithunder
06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
:wave: Hi Everyone.

I'm back, 2 for 2, and on the 2nd day of TO as well. So far so good.

HeatherPP - I am SO sorry for bailing. That won't happen again. I should have let you and Kristi know what was going on. Don't :rollpin: :kickbutt: me, okay? ;)

Lori - Congrats on ONEderland. Way To GO!!!!!! :cb:

Here's to you all! :cheers:

Gamababa3
06-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Lori thanks I’m really happy I have a mgr who actually cares and is willing to work with me also. What surprises me so is she isn’t charging me more money, which tells me she cares. You’re so close to onderland you know you can do it and will here rooting you on:) No more ribs for you. Hope that grease wad feeling is gone.

Carmen glad you're doing well on your TO welcome back.

Katie I think most of us can agree we are so darn addicted to food. Why we let it take over our lives you got me on that one, but it sure is a life changing event that you can never give in to. Sure wish I was born with skinny genes.

Chklithunder
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Barb and Kristi - Thanks :hug:.

I need to go back and read what you all are saying about food addiction. It wasn't until I signed up for LAWL that I discovered that I actually have a problem. Acknowledging that fact has opened up a whole new can of worms for me because I feel so bad when I don't follow plan, like a failure or like I am weak and powerless over my cravings, which leads to depression, which leads to cheating. For me its a catch 22. The question is, how do we break out of the cycle? I hope you guys didn't cover this already. :o

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Hey, Heather Sunshine! :cool: Glad things are moving in the right direction on the scale. I know we all say, it isn't the scale that matters, our clothes fit better, I am gaining muscles, etc.... but golly, it's hard to believe it ourselves, huh!

I made BBQ ribs last night (both kids have been yammering about them for weeks...) and just let me say bleeeechhhhhh.:barf: That whole big wad of grease was just sitting in my belly all night. For some strange reason, the home scale is DOWN a half a pound this morning too (and into ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!) I have GOT to have the oddest body on here!

:carrot: :hug: :wave: :jig: :cb: :bravo: :cp: :hat: :dancer: :flow2: :flow1: :woo: :goodvibes :cloud9: :encore: :cheer: :coach: "SHE DID IT " -

Way to go girly - So glad you hit that ONDERLAND - THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME AND YOU DESERVE IT!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Heather YAY, YAY & YAY for you Iím so happy things are working out well with your trainer and your finally seeing results. I would be interested also what he has you doing that is making the scale finally move in the right direction. Itís nice to read how happy you are, you deserve it Iím proud of you. Thanks for the added encouragement I sure need it. I felt good today my morning WI went from 198 to 195.8 this morning and thatís just from eating on plan yesterday. Sure funny how that can work if your not eating like a little Piggy like I have been:) Hey Iíve made it my first 2 hours on TO:) Iíll check in later and let you all know how Iím doing. Have a great day off to get some work done.

Thanks so much for the congras - I really do appreciate it!!! I will be happy to share any happiness and encouragement that I have!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Pls help! Where do i find knudsen juice?
Usually you can find it at some high end grocery stores or try like a whole food / natural food market!!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Sue/Rebeca -I will get to the lean up plan - it will take a little time to type and try to explain!!!

Chklithunder
06-06-2006, 01:35 PM
HeatherPP - CONGRATS on the movement chickie! I am very happy for you because I know you've been diligent and patient!!!

mrsbeanie
06-06-2006, 01:39 PM
Hey all had this big long whiney post all written out...but bagged it. Basically last night I came to realize that due to my circumstances and feeling out of control of my life I have turned to little binge fits....I know that my eating is the only thing I can control and so I just eat whatever when something upsets me. Why do I do this? How can I stop? Anyway I am really really struggling right now and I just feel kind of hopeless. Sorry to come and vent but I just needed to get it out....feel lucky you didnt have to read the original woe is me post! LOL

Hope that you are all doing well

Beanie

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey all had this big long whiney post all written out...but bagged it. Basically last night I came to realize that due to my circumstances and feeling out of control of my life I have turned to little binge fits....I know that my eating is the only thing I can control and so I just eat whatever when something upsets me. Why do I do this? How can I stop? Anyway I am really really struggling right now and I just feel kind of hopeless. Sorry to come and vent but I just needed to get it out....feel lucky you didnt have to read the original woe is me post! LOL

Hope that you are all doing well

Beanie

Oh Beanie - I'm sorry you are frustrated and down, but you know we have all done this. Especially when life gets us down, or busy, or complicated, or we just have time for ourselves - alot of time we tend to give up on "us" and concentrate on other things or beings. YOu do so much with you DP's and maybe you need to take a little more time out for you - You are such a compassionate person and you have proven times before you can do this. Just realize that we all have those moments where we sabotage ourselves, not meaning to - not wanting to - but NOT CARING IF WE DO.....Sometimes it takes bringing it up or just talking about it to get us to SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!Maybe write some mini goals down for yourself and just remember to take one day at a time - you know that you can do this - just get your mind at ease and ready for the challenge. make yourself rewards within the goals to show yourself that you're accomplishing what you set out to do!!! You can do this girl - Stick around here - tells us your thoughts, struggles - let us help you in any way possible - even if it means typing out that other post again.....it may help you to get some of the hidden feelings out. Girl, We are here - I'm sure I speak for all of us chickies!!!:hug: :hug:

dolphn545
06-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Don't Quit!
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but do not quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.

- Anonymous -

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh Beanie, so sorry you are stuggling. Can you turn your negative energy around and do something positive for yourself instead? Some of my thoughts are taking a little walk outside, listening to music, painting your fingernails, crocheting or knitting, playing a video or computer game (I like to play games on my cell phone), woking on a puzzle book like crossword or soduku (sp.). The thing is, feelings like that pass, so if you can keep yourself occupied for a while, you will get through it. Also, don't forget SF gum and hard candy.

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks Sherry. That was great!

Here is my newsletter, tell me what you think:

June 6, 2006
Volume 1, Issue 2

Inside this Issue
1 You can do it!
2 Interview with Kenny
2 Getting Organized
2 Weekly Challenge

Brower Family
Biggest Loser Challenge
Summer 2006

You Can Do It!!!

Believe in yourself

You are now on the second week of the challenge. In the past week you have been more conscious of your food choices, more aware of your daily calorie intake and water intake. You are on the road to success! I know that you can do this. Do you? It is vital that you believe it too. Here are some pointers from LA Weight Loss.:
• The most important rule to being successful in weight loss is believing in yourself!
• Thinking of your new, healthier lifestyle as a temporary "diet” is not the way to be more successful.
• Don't put yourself down or beat yourself up if you slip up a bit. Keeping a positive attitude about your weight loss will help ensure your success.

• Practice saying positive things - try "I can” instead of "I can't”.
• View every positive change as an accomplishment. Yes, it is a big deal if you are now drinking 64 ounces a day if you never drank water before.
• Take everything one step at a time. Don't expect to make big changes overnight. Lasting change takes time.

Self Fulfilling Prophecy

I am sure many of you are familiar with the self fulfilling prophecy. Basically it states that the things that we say about ourselves or other people repeatedly are more likely to come true. Case in point, the whole time he was growing up, my mother in law told my brother in law that he would be in jail by the time he was 18, because he was a difficult kid. No big surprise then, that by the time he was 18, he had been in jail many times. He lived out the prophecy she had set out for him, because he was told that he would.

So how does the self fulfilling prophecy relate to weight loss? In a profound way, I believe. I think that we have got to set out our own prophecies, and cancel out all of the feelings of self doubt that we all battle with. It is my challenge to all of you to come up with your own prophecy. Write it, print it, post it in your house for sure. Read it and live it. If you do, your prophecy. WILL manifest itself.
Here is my self fulfilling prophecy: I will get to goal in 2006. I will be thinner than I have been in 10 years. I will be in good physical condition, and I will feel great. All symptoms of Fibromyalgia will disappear. From now on, I will honor my body by making good food choices and exercise daily. I will allow myself to let go of any negative energy that is affecting my weight and my body. I am worth it, and I will do it. I believe that by doing these things, my prophecy will manifest itself.

Brag it up, baby!
Starting this week we are going to be hanging a poster board on the wall called “The Wall of Fame”. I would like everyone to write at least one accomplishment from the previous week. Did you exercise? Did you get all of your water in? Did you say no to food that you usually love? Share with us. Part of this challenge is motivating each other. Let us share in your success, and be spurred on by your good choices.

Getting Organized

Keeping a Journal
Keeping a food and exercise journal is very important. I want to encourage everyone to write it all down. Whether you record it on the computer or on paper does not really matter. Just do it somewhere, everyday. A little notebook that you can keep in your pocket or purse is a good way to go. Keep track of water, food (even cheats!), and exercise. This will serve as a reminder and motivator. I also like to look back on old journals to help me remember what works for me and what does not.

Making a Plan
It is very helpful to write a weekly meal plan. Use your meal plan to write your shopping list, and you set for a week of weight loss success. Be sure to include an occasional treat like a sugar free fat free frozen yogurt or a mini banana split from Sonic. I will continue to write a sample meal plan and email out each week. Use it if you like, or write your own. I find that I do much better on my diet if I have lots of good choices on hand.

Weekly Challenge

Food
This week my food challenge for you is to try 2 new recipes. They must be low in fat and carbs. Write them down and share with the group next week.

Exercise
This week the exercise challenge is:
1- Find a fun activity that you can do with your family that keeps you active for a TV free evening.
2- Try something that you have not done in a long time. You may be surprised by what you are capable of. Can you jog down the block? Can you jump on the trampoline? Can you ride your bike for a few miles? Push yourself a little, YOU CAN DO IT!!!

An interview with Kenny

Current Weight: 266.5
Goal Weight: 190

What is your favorite healthy snack?
An orange

What is your favorite healthy lunch?
Grilled chicken with salad, one slice of whole wheat bread, and an orange or apple.

Tell us one good thing that you have done for your self this week?
I have been drinking a lot of water, and I feel like I have more energy from it.

What is one thing you would like to tell everyone else on the challenge?
Get more exercise, find more fun and active things to do.

Remember, there is no shame in falling down from time to time. The shame is in not getting back up. Have a great week everybody!

dolphn545
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Great newsletter Katie! You are such an inspiration. Your family is very lucky!!
We are lucky here as well, but it's not always the same effect as being face to face with someone. :)

dolphn545
06-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Ok. now I HAVE to stay on the computer. I'm on day 2 of TO, DH is home, and he's having ice cream. AAGGHH!!

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Sherry - Girl - don't go anywhere - stay away from DH and just imagine how bad his stomach is going to hurt in about an hour!!!

ljackson
06-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Sherry- I am also on day 2 of TO- I am fine right now, It is later that I am worried about. The evenings are so hard when I do TO. Hang in there-
Lisa

dolphn545
06-06-2006, 02:36 PM
I don't even feel hungry. I know it's there and I LOVE ice cream. But, I have a mini goal set (which I made with the COD), and that is to try extra hard and aim for the 2 lbs per week, so I can be at 175 by the end of July.

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Wow katie - I really think your DH hit it on the head about being a spokesman for LAWL - you would do a wonderful job!! That newsletter is great - wow - where you find the words - that is definitely one of your qualities is pure motivation!!! You go girl!!!

Chklithunder
06-06-2006, 03:40 PM
GREAT newsletter. Your family is so blessed to have you and I am sure they appreciate your sharing the wealth of knowledge you've gained from your journey. The interview is a nice touch.

Chklithunder
06-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Sherri - Have you found any SFFF icecreams that you like? Luckily for me the DH only likes and only will buy Luigis Italian Ices for him and the DSs.

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks guys, now if I can get my computer to print it....

Sue1968
06-06-2006, 03:49 PM
Lori -- that was my own doing -- On Friday when I posted that they dropped me (again doing this only as a strategy to get my weightloss back on track) from red1 to purple, many here said it was not enough food (when I exercise alot too) -- so I found I am sticking to the program, but needed at least the 1/2 P back so thats my only "modification" -- we'll see how it works tomorrow

dolphn545
06-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Carm - I haven't tried any SFFF ice cream (they're never on sale), and I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm open for suggestions, though of any favorites out there that won't be too damaging.

Rebeca
06-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Just an update on SIL: She has lost 16lbs! For her 1st prize at 10lbs i got her a desert of choice (a small slice)! Now at 15lbs I gotta get her a $10 gift card to bath and body works!

Chklithunder
06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Sherry - I like the Edys ones that are made with Splenda. I like Mint Choc Chip best. I don't get them often becuz like you said, they sure are expensive. But now that summers coming maybe they may begin to run some sales.

Kristi - You're so right about staying positive and about how much of this battle is mental. Thanks for the insight Chick!

Rebeca - FABULOUS about your DSIL. She is melting away! How much does she have to lose all total again?

Rebeca
06-06-2006, 05:00 PM
Carmen- Her first goal is 50lbs but she wants to loose 100lbs total! She weighted 227 and wants to weight 127 (around 130lbs)!

ljackson
06-06-2006, 05:09 PM
sherry-i agree with Carmen- Edy's mint choc chip is good. I also like Edy's no sugar added neopolitan, but tecnically that is not on plan. Oh all this talk about ice cream is making me hungry. I just finished my luna bar and now all I have left is my protein and veg. oh and also my 2 oranges. TO SUCKS!!! I was only down .5 this am- lets hope there are better results tomorrow.

Repo girl
06-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Wow Rebeca! Your SIL must be soooo grateful for your help. How exciting that she has lost that much already!

haylo921
06-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a nice day. I haven't had a chance to go back and read today's post. So hopefully later tonight. I went to COD today and I am down. I am determined to keep going in the direction of down vs. up so we will see how that goes.

haylo921
06-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Dumb TOM, I keep wanting to munch on things. I am going to go drink some water. Tonight we are meeting at my grandmother's house for spaghetti dinner. I mad apple crisp for dessert I want to take a spoon and dig into it. It smells so good. I calcuated everything so that I would count the spaghetti as a CC and the apple crip as a startch and a fruit. I am so excited about this meal. I just hope TOM doesn't get the best of me.

Purple: congrats on your sucess:carrot:

Beanie: I am sorry you are having a difficult time, I think we all go through our ups and downs, just try to turn negative thoughts into positive ones. It's amazing what the mind can do.

CandlePrincess
06-06-2006, 07:37 PM
ok...i made it! I survived a trip to the doctor's with the boys. Actually it went really well. I know that sounds really silly...but I was really worried about it. Doing well on TO....not much else to say right now. My DH is mowing the lawn...so I am going back in with the kids, and later laundry and dishes....what joy! LOL

Gamababa3
06-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Well I have to say I've done better then I thought I would on TO today. Grant you it's only 5 PM here, but I feel strong. I'm making garlic chicken with some Mrs. Dash tomato, basil & garlic seasoning and I decided to have cooked broccoli with it. I weighed for the heck of it when I got home and the scale still reads the same as it did this morning, which we know, is usually higher in the evening, so I'm happy with that. I don't think I've gone pee so much since I first got used to drinking 64 oz of water. Thanks again for your thoughts today. I'm determined to make it again tomorrow and then I go for WI. My DD has an appt tomorrow and feels she wants to join. It will be nice having someone whom I see almost everyday working the program with me and I could help her out. She told me she didn't want me losing more then she is now. Hey what ever works I say. I have choir tonight so wishing all of you a good evening. Will chat with you all tomorrow.

stacyj
06-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Skipper congrats on getting through your TO and losing 2.5 lbs. I agree the weekend would be hard. I agree it sure is a process and I have to just tell myself why Iím doing this in the first place. Thanks for your feed back and I know we both can do this.

Well I had my meeting with the manager at the center and she is so down to earth. First she wrote out some great suggestions for me. She also wants me to do TO which Iíve never done, but I donít feel I should tell her no when she is trying to help me. I told her Iím going to be starving these next couple of days. Iíve read so many stories on here Iím not sure what to think of it. I didnít have to pay for it, since I didnít do it in the beginning. She also gave me 4 different lites to try and is going to allow me to buy them still at the $99 price. She basically is planning to work very close with me and I like that. I went to the gym and asked a lot of questions. He is going to give me a week free to start. Iím excited, but also nervous about TO. They are also going to be having Ĺ the program again and my DD is thinking of joining. I would also get Ĺ off of products I choose to buy. Well Iím going to go figure out what I can eat tonight and prepare my chicken for tomorrow. Also since I'm going by night time WI's now I'm going to change my tickler even higher. I'm so bummed I allowed myself to get back over 200, but I'm going to continue to try harder. Have a great night.

You will be below 200 after TO
I think one of the main things to do is stay POP right after TO and you will see another quick loss when you weigh in the next time after you TO weigh in

Gamababa3
06-06-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks Stacy I'm looking actually forward to my WI tomorrow. I will try very hard to stay POP. Should be pretty easy since I will have barely eaten anything for two days. My starches will seem like a real treat:)

aggie2006
06-07-2006, 04:28 AM
kristi~ im with you...i have about the same amount to lose, but im happy i have come from 208 to here, i feel so much better...i hate the slip ups, but your right we are only human

katie~ its hard to show appreciation through this forum...but you are an inspiration, i love your newletters...i wouldnt even know where to start, your format is great, your DH has a point...i hope you always post for us, because it sure does make a difference for me...

rebeca~ SIL must be on cloud 9, congratulations to her, and to you for teaching her the method of weight loss...

barbara~ hope TO day # 2 is good for you, stay strong youve made it through half the battle

heatherPP~ congrats on the scale movement, you know your going to have to share your lean diet secret with us!!!

heatherCP~ congrats on making it to the doc and back! i dont have kids, but have baby sat, and cant imagine taking them out of the house, hope everything adjust with the little one, what did the doc say? do you know how long you will have him for?

have a great day ladies! you're all beautiful strong ladies!

dolphn545
06-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

Well, I completed the 2 days of TO. Not sure yet how successful it was, won't know til Saturday when I officially WI.
My goal ... is to stay POP, especially until Saturday! :angel: I need to see that scale move DOWN!

:goodluck: to all those on TO today.
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes: to those who have WI!

Have a great POP day everyone! :cheers: :cheer: :dust:

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Good morning Good morning!!! Well, not quite as cheery today as yesterday - I think TOM is kicking in - OH well - hopefully it will be today only for the bad feeling.....Just feeling yucky on the tummy and head :( !!!

Barb -:hug: I'm so glad you made it through the TO without too much trouble - I'm sure this will give you the boost of motivation that you need. You're doing so wonderful and I'm sure after the TO you will be way under 200 just like you were before!!! You keep going girl - You are looking HOT already I'm sure!!! Hopefully being able to help DD will also give you the extra bit of motivation and inspiration you need!! you can do it and help her too!!! :cheer: Good luck at WI - Sending you lots of loss :goodvibes:

Aggie - Hey girly!!! Thanks and I know I'm going to have to share - and I will - just haven't had the time to type up the specifics - I'm so busy at work - the whole summer is going to have me on my toes (so to speak).

Kristi - Girl I totally agree with the "this battle is mental.". That is so much of what we have to deal with that I think it can hinder us more than we realize sometimes....

Rebeca - Wow - you are being such a great mentor for you SIL - you definitely deserve some of the credit - so buy you something at BBWorks while you are there - pamper yourself a little too!!!

Sherry - Glad TO is over for you - I can't believe you are going to wait to weigh in - better than I could do - I would've been on that scale first thing this morning. I think I've weighed everyday since the "no-weigh in " challenge!!!!

haylo - Girl I'm so with you on the TOM - feeling not so great this morning - try not to think of the munchies - I know easier said than done!! Sending you NO MUNCHY :goodvibes:!!!!

HeatherCP - So glad to hear you venturing out went really well - Now you will have more confidence the next time!!

Carmen - Hopefully that Edy's will go on sale soon - We usually see it alot around here - they usually do the BOGO free!!! whoooo hoooo - I've actually fell in love with those SF fudge pops that KATIE got us addicted too (Thanks Katie) - try those - plus they are a CONTROLLED 40 calories!!! oh by the way - Have I told you how glad I am to see you back!! we missed you and no, I'm not going to :frypan: you :dizzy: ............;)

Tomkyn
06-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Today is day number two and so far pretty good. Yesterday was also the start of classes for me for the summer, so I ended up not quite getting all of my water in. But I came pretty close. Today is looking better. I'm having breakfast in a little while and I'm actually looking forward to it.

I have a fear about my diet controlling my life. I still have to prepare foods for my boyfriend too and he's with me on the diet though I don't want to deprive him of the foods he loves because I can't eat them. I'm probably just nervous.

I hope everyone's feeling good today!
-Sommer

stacyj
06-07-2006, 10:05 AM
Hello!
Today is my first offical day of summer. I had to work on Monday and Tuesday without kids.....painted in my room, that was a job!
Today should be a good day.
Going to Wendy's with a friend of my son's and his mother....probably get the salad! Hope you all are POP!

Rebeca
06-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Good MOrning ladies-
All this TOM talk and what happens??? Mine TOM is a week early! I guess spending the weekend with pregnant woman got my body all wacked! Better wacked this way than anything else!

Besides TOM i had for the first time the urge to do TO! I did the whole egg white thing and ate it for b, packed some for L and will have it for D and again tomorrow! Lets see what happens after that...

Heather- I will get my reward after i loose 10lbs! We started the challenge when i was 183, so i gotta wait and loose before she buys my gift card!

aggie- Are you done with your tests yet?

Sherry- Are you done with school yet? For the summer at least? How was your presentations?

Katie- YOur newsletter was wonderful and inspiring! THanks for the great motivation!

THe second prize is a movie at 15lb loss! and so on...
I had a aerobics class this morning and i just dragged my behind there! I feel like laying in bed all day with this stupid TOM! Working out this time is not fun!

I set some fitness goals for myself this month, its going really good:
790 Min for June's Goal! --- 660 Min. left
700 crunches for June's Goal!----560 Crunches left

CandlePrincess
06-07-2006, 10:40 AM
aggie: It was his six month well baby check up. All is well. He got four shots yesterday and of course wasn't happy about that. My 18 month old just looked on and i would swear he was kind of smiling....you know the look..the one that says "glad it's you and not me". We have a follow up in a month for the baby because his head is larger than it should be. When they did all the CT scans and xrays after he was first removed there was some additional fluid in his head...but since he is on target developmentally his doctor isn't too concerned. As of now we will probably have him until mid July. That could change since we were supposed to be emergency placement...but caseworkers are telling us mid July.

Day 2 of TO.....made turkey burgers and broccoli last night. My wedding rings and all other rings are officially too big! So I must be doing something right!
Later Chickies! Here's to a POP day!

Rebeca
06-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Tomkyn- Thats great that your bf is on the diet with you! My best advice to you is to keep all of the junk out of your house! My husband is 6"2 and weights only 180lbs and eats whatever he wants and never gains weight! The man eats pasta everyday and we have one cabinet that would make a child go wild (M&Ms, donuts, cakes, cheese rools, doritos, etc...)! If it wasnt for him and all the temptation that he comes with I would probably be doing 10 times better!

THen again, DH's idea of fitness is subscribing Man's Health! ...

Rebeca
06-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Heather CP- of course you are girl! THere are 40lbs gone from your body! Go to a home depot and try to lift something that its 40lbs, you will realize how well you have been doing all along! You are an inspiration!

Repo girl
06-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Morning all! Well, I was very impressed with the family WI. In just one week the 8 of us have lost a total of 30 lbs! My cousin lost an amazing 8, and my dad lost over 6. Everyone had a loss. It was very motivating to see them all doing so well and getting so excited about it too. We shared an OP dinner and played cards. It was very nice. Then later, DH and I took a 7 mile bike ride. Holy cow, I was scared I would not make it, but the longer we rode, the better I did. His goal is to have us up to 10 miles a night by the weekend. It would be over 300 calories burned a night. Last night was 280. My problem is that I have promised to workout with my sis in the mornings, too, so I was up with her at the hospital gym at 6:00 this morning. Yes, I am really tired. I think what I will do is count the bike ride as my cardio and do strength training and toning at the gym. Does that sound pretty balanced?

Sommer- So glad that things are going well. You diet will not control your life, it will change your life. I fight against change, too, but this is a good change. For long term success you must look at it less like a diet, and more like a permanent lifestyle change. Have you discussed your concerns with your boyfriend? He may be a lot more supportive about your new way of cooking than you think. My husband know full well that he is not to bring junk food into this house. At first he was socking it away in his office or his truck, but now he is staying away from it too. I am so glad that he has gotten motivated to lose weight and eat better. His health really depends on it. Your boyfriends does too, so don't feel guilty. You are doing a very brave, good thing.

Stacy- Oh, I love Wendy's southwest salad. It is so good.

Aggie- Thanks, you are such a doll. How is your dad doing? I was going to tell you that you are flying home on my birthday. Hope your finals going well!

Sherry- Well, I am crossing my fingers for you. I'll bet you see a great loss. What did you think of the TO with watermelon?

HeatherPP- I am PMSing too. Bad news for DH and the kids, hahaha. You are welcome for the fudge pops. Have you tried the creamsicles?

Repo girl
06-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Rebeca- I feel for you. It is hard to exercise during TO for sure. You are much nicer to your DH than I am. I won't let him keep that stuff in the house. Have a great day!

HeatherCP- I can only imagine how challenging it would be to be an instant mother, and you have handled it so well. How lucky those kids are to have you as their safe spot. Again, my hat goes off to you for what you are doing.

haylo921
06-07-2006, 11:45 AM
Hello everyone,

I have two challenges today one is to stay on plan and the other one is to put together a shelf so I can organize my stuff. I am hoping I finally broke the munchy monster, thanks PP for the no munchy vibes I think they are helping. Well I better get to making my shelf. Talk to ya'll soon.

Good luck and have a nice day.

ljackson
06-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I finished TO yesterday- it was not so bad, and i am down 3 pounds! 160.5 this morning after working out. Now I am scared to go back to OP eating, I hope I do not gain it back. Do any of you have suggestions for what is good to eat post TO?

Tomkyn
06-07-2006, 11:48 AM
My boyfriend is being very supportive and is trying to learn the diet so that he can remind me of things (like, honey how much water have you had today?) He's not exactly doing the diet, he has his own lunches when he's at work. But at home it's all about what I need. He's glucose intolerant so he has to stay away from high sodium, sugars etc so his version of snacking usually involves home made salsa and a handful of low salt chips. That makes things easier.

What I'm worried about is trying to find things to eat so that I don't get bored. I like to cook, I used to make things like mediteranian stuffed peppers, homemade alfredo, homemade spagetti sauce, stews and stir fries of all types. I'm worried about blandness and repetition. I'm sure most of my worries are going to prove to be unfounded though.

Repo girl
06-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Sommer- If you love to cook, you will be thrilled with this diet. I can honestly say my whole family eats 10 times better than our pre lawl days. Check out the recipe threads for tons of great food ideas. Also, look on ebay for an LAWL cook book. You are gonna love trying all of the great recipes! I will pull a few of my favorites to the end of the recipe thread so that you can find them easier.

Lisa- Great loss chickie! Watch the sodium and condiments closely for a few days, and make light starch and protein choices. Don't miss your waters, and you will hold on to your loss.

dolphn545
06-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Well I'm back from classes for the day. 2 Finals down, 1 to go. :dizzy:

Heather PP - It's not too much by choice that I have to wait to WI, my COD went to appointments, and my next appt. is on Saturday morning.

Tomkyn - Don't think of this as a diet. It's a change of food habits. Take one day at a time (baby steps) and it will get easier. Take your favorite foods, and adapt them the best you can! And make gradual changes, even with your boyfriend's food. Slowly start substituting the healthier foods. Although if he's like my DH, I can't show him anything that says RF on it or he will not eat it! But I have snuck it in here & there, and he doesn't notice the difference!! :)
As far as boredom from foods, there are some great recipes on the recipe thread. Some are posted directly out of the LAWL cookbooks, some are adaptations of everyone's favorites, and some are just "new" inventions using OP foods.

Rebeca - I have 1 final left to go, and my presentation is tomorrow afternoon. Not worried about that presentation at all. That will actually boost my grade!

Katie - I actually LOVED the watermelon version of TO. I didn't feel hungry. Although I didn't measure the watermelon, if I felt even a little hungry, I had a little more. It can't hurt anything, right?

Well, gotta hit the stores, then the books. Will check back later!!

:hug:

Rebeca
06-07-2006, 12:18 PM
sherry- Let us know how much you have lost on the watermelon TO!

Tomkyn
06-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Thank you for the good advice! I'm thinking I'm going to be okay after I really get into it. I love to use spices so that's a plus.

I'm going to go home tonight and try purchasing the LAWL cookbook on ebay and I've looked through much of the recipe thread and found some wonderful sounding alternatives to my favorite foods. The nerves will wear off, I'm sure of it.

Repo girl
06-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Oh, yeah. You are gonna be fine. Not to mention that the pounds are gonna be flying off!

MTdebster921
06-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Morning chickies

HeatherPP- WTG on the scale moving!! Hopefully it will keep going down from now.:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Sommer- It's good that you BF is eating right with you. Don't be nervous about the program and don't think of it as a diet. Really once you get the hang of it, it's a way you can pretty much eat for the rest of your life.

Katie- Wonderful newsletter and that is so exciting that your family is doing awesome. Wow, 10 mile bike rides, my rear would be so sore, I couldn't sit for days!!!

Carm- We don't get Edy's here, but someone told me that Dryer's was the same thing. I really like the raspberry vanilla swirl and the butter pecan. Funny thing is that I have a container in the freezer, but haven't had any in over a month.

Everybody on TO or just finishing TO -- Good luck!!!:crossed:

That said, I am on day 2 of TO. Not too bad right now. My biggest problem is no motivation right now. Not only no motivation, but I am so darn tired all the time. I wake up tired and just stay fatigued all day long. It's like I can lay down and take a nap at any time. Which means no extra energy to exercise. I have to drag myself off the couch to go take evening walks with DH and the hounds. I am also having lots of muscle achy pains in my lower back and legs. I have a terrible time remembering to take my vitamins and I hope that is the problem. I even have post-its in the kitchen and the bathroom to remind me. DH also every time he is near one, he reads the post-it out loud so I can hear him. I am going to really try hard to take my supps. every day and I am also throwing in an iron pill and potassium pill too. I will give myself until after my vacation to get better, if not I will talk to the doc about it since I have to go in for my yearly female checkup this month. If you ladies have any suggestions for me I will gladly take them. I can't do the energy pills or drinks, they make me shaky and I hate that feeling. Sorry for whining.:(

Repo girl
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Debbie- That does not sound like whining to me, it sounds like you are really lacking in something. Definitely try the iron and potassium. If you are like me, you are not eating much red meat anymore. I ran a fitday report yesterday that said in the last 2 weeks I have only been averaging 50 % rda for iron. Not sure what to do about it, maybe I need a supp too, but I am afraid that the iron will mess with my colon. Anyone else taking iron? Mary?

dolphn545
06-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Tomykn - as you're searching the recipe thread, be sure to go back to the very beginning. There are some great recipes there as well. (Eggplant lasagna, etc.)

Debbie - besides the potassium & iron supplements, are you getting in your Morton's lite salt? That has potassium, and if you're lacking the potassium, it could contribute to your leg cramping. Just a thought ...

Rebeca
06-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Its only 1pm and TO is already driving me crazy! Not that i am hungry or anything but eating omelet for the next 48 hours is not very intriguing...Something that I am finding out the hard way is that TOM and TO doesnt go together period!!!! (literally lOL)

faraboverubies
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
checking in! I WI today. My total loss is 4.2 lbs for 2 weeks, so I am right on track! I honestly haven't felt like I've lost anything though. I guess such a small amount isn't very noticeable.

I haven't told anyone I know that I am on the plan, except for my husband. So the only people that know are LAWL center people (of course), me & my husband. It's not really a secret, I just haven't volunteered any info. I have a couple of reasons.
1. It's just easier when other people aren't asking you questions all the time about what you eat, the plan, how much you paid, etc.
2. People tend to tempt you with food when they know you are trying to be good.
3. I don't want to hear "oh, you don't need to lose weight" statements :( . I think that it may offend some people that I want to lose weight, because I don't weigh more than I do. Does that make sense?

I know that when I (hopefully) lose more weight it will eventually lead to questions. But for now I am happy with keeping it to myself. Does anybody else keep quiet about it?

MTdebster921
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Sherry-
Yea, I do get in the MLS. I have had problems with low potassium in the past and I can tell it when my legs get crampy at night, but this is worse, but I don't want to OD on it cuz too much potassium is just as bad as not enough.

Katie- I've got Gentle iron by Natures bounty. I got it at Walmart I think. It says that it contains Iron Bis-glycinate, a well tolerated form of iron that is gentle to your system. I haven't had any problems with it when I remember to take it. Haven't noticed that it backs me up at all.

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Sommer - I agree with the others - It won't control your life - just control how healthy you become and that it such a totally great feeling! You can do this - just keep a postive attitude.....
I agree with katie about the cooking - although I don't speak from alot of experience - it LOOKS like there is alot of stuff to try recipe wise on that thread - I have them all , just haven't produce many - hehehehe

Stacy =- Congrats on your first day of summer without the working part!!! I wish I had just a week off right now - I'm getting burned out quick btween work and working out all the time.

Rebeca - I know you have to wait - I just figured why not go ahead and get you alittle something for everything you've already accomplished - you deserve it girlfriend!!
Sorry TO is driving you crazy....

katie - Wow chickie - 30 lbs for the first week of the challenge - that is soooo totally awesome - see what you've helped accomplished! I agree with what someone else said - we can't begin to type how much motivation you share and give to us!!!!
Sorry your PMS'ing as well - it really sucks - they are coming out with a new bc pill that you never have a period - now that sounds like something I might try - but in reality - it is probably not very good for your body either!!!

Haylo - girl anytime about the vibes - I will go ahead and send you some more just in case those munchies in the cabinet have any ideas of their own!!!

Lisa - Congrats on such a wonderful TO loss - that is awesome :cheer: !!! There was actually a 4 day post-TO plan that someone posted. I think mostly it was very limited condiments eating very
very OP!!! Maybe search back into either the April thread or the challenge thread??

Sherry - Sorry about the appointments - do you have a scale at home or one you could get on just to see your TO loss? That is always motivation - that is why I was asking!! Congrats on the exams almost being done - such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment!!!

Debbie - thanks for the congrats - and as for your pain and tiredness - I would definitely look into the iron and/or potassium - the achiness sounds like lack of potassium!!! Good luck girl!!

Boo'sMom
06-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi all--we are back--yeah. I love being away and visiting old friends (yes, it was VERY gratifying in a very shallow way to have everyone gushing!) Anyway--I read through all the posts but won't even attempt to do personals--you get it. Sounds like everyone is doing really well--I was SHOCKED that I only gained about a pound in the past week--needless to say I was not good. Did the best I could but also made some very bad choices sometimes--Had a lot of stuff I haven't had since Christmas--guilty pleasures and I will admit it was GOOD. Wish I was to the point where it makes me sick but that probably won't ever happen. Too many parties and dinners out. So I was actually pleased with my gain--make sense? So now my house is a total wreck covered in dust--oh joy. That and the laundry will keep me busy for days. By the time I get my act together from this trip it will be time to pack again for Myrtle Beach--YEAH!!! I plan to WI on Friday and see the real damage--eek. At this rate I will never get to goal but I am stressing less about it since my clothes fit so much better. All for now--will catch up again later. Welcome to all the newbies!! Hi to all my oldies--LOL.

hkychik
06-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey Lea Ann! Sounds like you had a good time! I was wondering about you and rain, and winds and all. Welcome back! I know it's nice to have people gush - been there twice in the last week, and it sure makes a body feel good!

WI was really good today, amazing, actually - after the BBQ ribs on Monday. The COD scale hovered at 199.8 before settling at 200 (down 2.2 since Monday.... see me breaking my arm, patting myself on the back???). WOOOO HOOOO! Just the motivation I need to start vacation in onederland!

skipper
06-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi ladies,
It's been a crazy day and I'm just getting my first opportunity to take my 'mental health break' and see what everyone is up to. As I read all the posts since yesterday afternoon I was struck at what a great group of motivated and concerned folks we have on this thread. Everyone is working so hard trying to be healthy, it's an inspiration. So, thanks ladies.

I was down 2 lb's at WI yesterday - I finally lost everything I had gained over Memorial Day (frustration incarnate!!). I've been POP for 3 whole days - makes you realize how many calories you can consume with little licks, bites, and tastes here and there. My downfall has always been cleaning up off of the DS's plate. I've been working really hard to pay attention and realize that a few bites of Mac and chees and then a few fries etc... can really sabotage what you're working so hard on.

Katie - 30 LB's in a week on the challenge. Good job, Family. I really appreciated your news letter, who does it go to?? Plus, just gotta say - 10 miles on the bike???!!! I'm thinking I would EXPIRE - you go girl!

Heather CP - OUr brave woman completed her task of heading out with 2 babies. Whoo Hoo. And is down 40 whole lb's? That's a BIG bag of dog food, woman. Congrats.

Lori - ONEDERLAND!!! HOORAY!! Getting there is a dream of mine, I'm so proud of you that you did it. You keep 'patting'.

All Chickies on TO - GOOD JOB to those who finished it. It sounds like just about everyone saw that dang scale go down, and that's the point, RIGHT? For those of you still in the middle - JUST A FEW MORE HOURS TO GO!! Remember how good you will feel when you see that scale go down.

Smiles everyone,
Marilee

Sue1968
06-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, i had my WI today (started purple on Friday) and was down .8 . . HELLO -- i followed the diet, didnt eat after 10pm (I work 2nd shift so this was HUGE for me). The crappy part was that the lady who put me on purple wasnt there today so I had to say I forgot my journel and then got 1000 questions .. arrr .. but I'm going to stick with it. Something HAS to give. I made appts for Monday and then next friday -- then school is out and I am in trouble for the summer.

I also called my gym and asked for the other consult they promised me. I want him to review what I'm doing and figure out what I need to modify to get my weight loss going agian. The center said to stop the weights or cut back and increase cardio .. . Funny thing is that I feel thinner -- my friend seen me yesterday and was very shocked with my results .. she said my clothes were hanging off,e tc. . but the dang scale is not going down

Congrats to you with losses!

missy_j
06-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi friends! I'm officially out of the 190s today!

Repo girl
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
Whoooo Stacy! A whole new decade for you!

Lea Ann- Welcome home! So glad that your trip was great and the scale was kind. You deserve it!

Merilee- Thanks, the newsletter goes to my family. 8 of us are doing our own family Biggest Loser event, and I hand out a newsletter at weigh in on Tuesday nights.

dolphn545
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Sue - if you're working out with weights, the scale may not move. Muscle weighs more than fat. When was the last time your COD measured you? Maybe the losses are in inches instead of pounds?
Anyways, hang in there. You've done a GREAT job so far!! :dance:

Missy - Congratulations to you!! I can't wait to be into the 180's!! :)

Rebeca
06-07-2006, 05:46 PM
missy- Congrats! You are doing wonderful!

Sue- I am one of those people that everybody says that looks thinner and the scale doesnt move either! Lawl explaination to this is that the fat we lose doesnt weight that much, just takes up more space! I dont get it either but oh well...

A new decade gets us so excited! I think i will be in dreamland when i get to the 160's! Cant wait!!! But if i am 175 by the time i am done with TO i will be HHHHAAAPPPYYYY!!!

missy_j
06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks Sherry and Rebeca! It's so exciting... I've set a short-term goal to be out of the 180s by the end of June or 4th of July, whatever... that shouldn't be too hard if I just stay OP. You guys are a total inspiration & encouragement. Sherry, at 190.2, just go pee! You WILL be in the 180s! Haha :)

haylo921
06-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Well it's amazing how much junk you keep in your house. I started off making shelves and putting books in them, I still need some more shelves. Then I started cleaning out my drawers and closet, GEEZ I have a lot of stuff. Some of my clothing is so tiny I wonder how I fit into it. It was kind of motivating acutally to think I used to be that way and that I am on a journey to get back to smaller sizes. As much as I thought maybe I should keep it for when I lose weight I thought no i am going to get rid of it, because when I lose weight I want new stuff.

Congrats to all the losers

Repo girl
06-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Has anyone heard from Angelica since she had her gall bladder surgery? I thought that it was supposed to be at the end of May. I have been wondering how she is doing.

I was also wondering about Mary and her blood work. Hope you are feeling better chickie!!

Hotmamaof7
06-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Hello All!!!

I just made it through my first day of TO! It wasn't so bad!! I was a little scared because I get a little psycho on low carbs, but I am handling it ok. The juice helps even though it is not the greatest tasting. i go in for my first WI tomorrow morning and I am already nervous. I am plateauing (sp?) for the last 3 weeks even though I have been eating really clean. Interesting enough 3 weeks ago I started going to a personal trainer ( Husband bought us each 1 year of personal trainers 3 times a week) and he made me up my calories because I wasn't getting enough. This really scared me but I listened because I obviously don't know everything. After reading post on here though what he said has made sense. I just really what to get past this 180 mark, it is killing me. I am very strong willed when I want something bad enough so I am putting all my energy into this "Year of Me" as my husband calls it. I know it will pay off just don't want it to take FOREVER!!!!!

Good night all and I will let you guys know how it went tomorrow!

aggie2006
06-08-2006, 02:48 AM
rebeca~ keep strong, you can do it!!!!!! bite TO in the butt!
my last final is jun 19th...ahhhhhhhh....im so stressed, 3 tests left and im freakin out!

katie~ my dad is amazing, hes 1 pd away from goal, he started at 186 and is at 166!! this man has been trying to lose weight for 5, 10yrs...he ran, he tried eating right, but had never lost weight...LAWL taught him the balance he needed...im so jealous, and ashamed that im on this diet and hadnt lost and hadnt stuck to it, and hes a champ...

boo~ hey lady! we missed you, glad you had a great week, with lots of compliments...all that cleaning you have to do you will lose that pound in no time!

lori!!! yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey....welcome to onderland...pat pat pat pat...patting you for your success!

missy~ yey! congrats...seems like everyones losing lately, and a lot at that!

well to all a great day and for all the MIA ladies, check in, we worry!

shennie_97
06-08-2006, 08:47 AM
goodmorning chicks,

I attepted to read some of the past posts, but I figured I should start fresh from here, so bear with me if I am alittle off with my knowledge of what is going on .

Day 1 of TO was terrible. DS had his end of year party/picnic and I ate a burger and had a few cookies, plus I have gotten so use to eating at night now I was starving at night. I didn't think about the fact that I was virtually starting over when I made my menu for the day and I went back to the place were i was after months of LAWL. So today I have spread out things more, and since I am so busy today I'm sure it will be better.

Sue1968
06-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Good Morning Ladies! Here is to a POP day .. . I think Lori challenged us to have 2 POP days per week .. Hope today is one of them for all of us.

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-08-2006, 10:32 AM
good morning chickies!! - Don't have alot of time - but I did want to say a few personals

Shennie - SO GLAD TO SEE YOU CHICKIE!! Sorry TO went not so well - but we've missed the *&&^$# out of you girly!!!

Missy - Major congrats - new decades are absolutely wonderful and give you that extra boost of motivation - Absolutely wonderful :cheer:!!!

Well I still feel like crap - TOM - last night I had to lay on the floor with the heating pad I was hurting so bad - this is very unusual for me - anyway - still not feeling great, but not as bad as I was - hopefully it will get better!!!

Hope everyone has a totally awesome day!! POP :goodvibes: being sent across the East, West, North and South!!!

ljackson
06-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Well, 1 day after TO and I gained back what I lost:mad: I was very careful yesterday. Today is going to be a challenge. A few moms and I are having a picnic for our fifth grade boys who are finishing grade school today. We are ordering pizza and having cookies, etc. I just want to give up and indulge myself. Why is this such a challenge to get to 159:?:

Sue1968
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
ljackson -- you can have a slice of pizza, just order a salad on the side. Its hard not to indulge .... when you havnt had a food for so long it tastes wonderful ..

I am going to lunch with a g/f -- I already know what I will have, and hopefully keep OP throughout the meal; Then I'm taking my 4 yr old swimming at the gym to hopefully burn off what I ate. I think if I over indulge by mistake, I will go to the gym tonite and do just cardio.

Last night I was up and created a spreadsheet which shows my daily exercise. I have it for march/April/May and June. Fortunately I have saved my diaries and I write my exercise in the diary. When I meet with my PT I want to show him what I have been doing; I bet he will recommend that I do at least 45 minutes of cardio a day (I've been doing between 20-30 minutes) and hopefully that will help.

Have fun at the picnic! Stay strong, bring lots of water (if bathroom is avail) and you can do it!

ljackson
06-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks Sue- I will probably just have one slice of pizza and 1 cookie and feel so guilty that I will stop there. Every time I want to throw the towel in and just pig out, the guilt stps me. Which is better than before when I just would reason that I deserved to pig out.

MTdebster921
06-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Lea-Ann- Welcome back. I'm glad you had a good time and you deserve to take in all the gushing you can!!!!

Sue- LA is number motivated, so they don't want you to work out too much right now as far as gaining muscle. I would say if you feel so much better and are losing inches and toning, then you stick with it. It would be sad to quit doing the exercise and start losing pounds, but feel crappy because of it.

Missy- Yay on the 180's!!! WTG girl!!!!!

Lori- YAYYYYY!!! You're there in wonderland!!! Next WI that scale won't waver, it'll definitely stay in onederland.

HeatherPP- I'm sorry you are feeling crappy!! TOM came for me to this morning. I think that is what the bad achy feeling was from. I definitely hope this is not a new monthly thing for me, I will die. So, I'm with ya in the pain!!

TO is over, YAY!! I am going to get ready and head into the COD and do a weigh in before I eat breakfast. I was going to do a smoothie this morning, so I will make it and pack it with me.
Have a wonderful POP day ladies!!!

stacyj
06-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Hello all!
Hectic day today--
swim team practice for boys at 11:00
and soccer camp after that!
Tomorrow will be worse:
swim team practice 11:00
Church choir practice for boys 1-4 (they are doing a musical this sunday)
Soccer camp 6-8

CRAZY Summer is supposed to be relaxing, right?

Boo'sMom
06-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Shennie--you'll be back in the swing of it in no time--you have been so successful before so you know exactly what you have to do. I was starving last night, too--I guess we ate so much on vacation my body wants to continue--ugh.

HeatherPP--poor you. My heating pad is my best friend sometimes. Hey--I got the Jillian Michael's book off E-bay and loved it--LOTS of great information.

Sherry--girl you are teetering on that new decade--WTG!!! Good Luck with end of the semester stuff.

Angie--if you aren't already--fitday.com is a great way to track your calories. If you dip too low you will slow down.

Aggie--GL--you are almost finished. How long of a break will you get? Congrats for your dad--you have been a great counselor for him.

LoriJ--I truly feel for you (and I'm a little scared because I was planning a TO before MB) I am going to have to change my ticker (UP) tomorrow. I am right there with you just hovering over the 159-160 mark I think the 158.4 was a total fluke at the COD because I've only seen it once at home since then. Enjoy your pizza and cookie--maybe you need it. You look beautiful so don't let a stupid scale rule your world. Sometimes you just have to enjoy yourself and a little splurge won't be the end of the world. Take care you YOU--I hate to hear you so down.

Sue--I would give anything for your exercise motivation--you are awesome!!

Debbie--good luck at WI!!

StacyJ--WOW--what a schedule. With your activity schedule and Sue's exercise schedule I really feel like a bum--LOL.

Boo'sMom
06-08-2006, 11:31 AM
I am deleting my MB goal since there is no way in heck I'll make it by next Friday!! Oh well. Sounded good at the time. I am still in desperate need of a swimsuit. Got a tankini at walmart and really like it but I hate the sizing, it's either an 8-10 or a 12-14 and I really need a 10-12!! I got the 12-14 and as soon as they got wet the boy shorts totally bagged--not a pretty sight!

Gamababa3
06-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Shennie keep remembering all those positive suggestions you had for all of us in the past and try them on yourself. You can get back on track and you know were all here for you.

Heather so sorry to hear you feeling so lousy I hope today you start feeling better and can get back to your happy self full of energy.

Le Ann glad you back and was able to get away and enjoy some time with your friends and family. Sounds like you did pretty well if you only gained a 1b. We missed you.

Katie WOW you and your family are doing great I hope they appreciate all your hard work and dedication. A 10-mile bike ride I think my legs would fall off your doing great hang in there.

Missy CONGRATS I’m proud of you I can’t wait to share the same excitement. I’m sure with that same determination you will be out of the 180’s by the end of June.

Lori you’ve worked hard and it’s time to celebrate being in Onederland I’m proud of you and know your will work hard to keep it moving.

Aggie I know it’s hard not to stress but wish you best on preparing for your finals and then your final on the 19th.

Debbie good luck at your WI and I hope you see excellent results.

Stacy try to relax some where in between your crazy hectic day:)

I went and weighed in last night after two days of TO I had lost 5.8 lbs. My manager was happy especially since I lost that much and have been on the program for a while. I’m so happy as I was so discouraged letting myself get back up over the 200 mark. I weighed again this morning and the scale is still going downwards so I really hope I can do so well being POP that I will be in the 180’s by tomorrow or this weekend. We have a luncheon at work today and of course all foods I shouldn’t eat. I’m having a piece of KFC without the skin and salad and put blinders on so I don’t see the cake. Wish me luck. Wishing you all a great day. Hey Tony if your out there stop in and say HI:)

Repo girl
06-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Yahoooo Barb! See, you are back in onederland. Good for you chickie. Great job getting back on the wagon.

Shennie- Oh, TO, everyone's nemesis. Don't worry, the cravings will disappear before you know it. Just remember your gum, SF hard candies, tea, coffee, sugar free popsicles. You are the LAWL guru. I know that you can do this. Do you remember when you bought a sweater and after wearing it you realized that is was a size medium? I do. You were so dang excited that you were actually wearing a medium. I was so inspired by that. Take a look back at the old thread "Why I joined LAWL''. In fact, I will pull it up for you. Have a great day chickie!

HeatherPP- I am so sorry you are hurting so much! Have you ever tried those thermal patches that you put on your tummy and they stay warm? They make them just for cramps now, and I think they work great.

Lea Ann- You better get to shopping lady! New swimsuit, smaller size, good for you!

Aggie- Wow, that is great about your dad. Good luck with the finals, I'm sure you will be so glad to get them over with!

Sommer- How did TO go?

Well DH, my new trainer, made us ride for 8 miles last night, so we are right in line for 10 by the weekend. Man, it is weird, but the first few miles are torture, and after that I do great. I got up this morning and walked 4 miles with my sister. It was nice to walk instead of going to the gym. I may have to rest a little today....