Does it Work? - Does Omega-3/Omega-6 Fish Oil supplement pills help you lose weight?

tweetyandme
06-01-2006, 09:10 AM
I was told by someone that taking Omega-3/Omega-6 fish oil supplement pills could assist in me loseing some weight. Now im not sure sure how accurate my source is, and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was true.
Now, i know it has all of the benifits that of lowering cholesterol, tryglycerides, and help to prevent coronary heart disease, and if it can help with weightloss, than that would be great. :) Thanks!

Ruthxxx
06-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Here's a thread discussing this. There are a few others in this Forum as well but this is the most recent one. (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74805&highlight=Fish)

torelli
06-07-2006, 01:27 AM
I just posted about fish oil on the thread that this one links too, but I also found when I was looking into fish oil that it can help with weight loss.

According to the research if a person increases their omega 3 intake WHILE decreasing their saturated fat intake (so that means swapping one type of fat for another) the person will burn more fat than before and have an increase in metabolic rate.

So I guess the answer to your question is yes, fish oil since it is an omega-3 fat can help with weight loss

Natasha2005
06-13-2006, 03:34 PM
I think it assist with weight loss. I prefer to get my Omega oils from Salmon and nuts such as walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc.

tweetyandme
06-15-2006, 07:42 PM
Cool, thanks! I'll try it.