LA Weight Loss - LAWL June Challenge

View Full Version : LAWL June Challenge

hkychik
05-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Hey ladies, it seems like a bunch of us need a :kickbutt: kick in the ol' backside, some re-dedication to our journey. We seem to do well with challenges, and setting some short term goals that a bunch of us are working on together, so here we go!

From now until the 4th of July (5 weeks) I challenge you to:

Stay POP at least two days in a row this week. (next week we'll bump it up to three, then 4, and so on) It takes time to make POP a habit.

Post here once a week at least one positive thing that you did for your weight loss journey - Things like making a good choice while eating out, a little bit extra exercise time....

What d'ya say ladies? Are we game?

sznn
05-31-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm in!!
Starting today:D

Repo girl
05-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Great idea Lori, I am in!!!

MTdebster921
05-31-2006, 01:26 PM
me too!!

winkie03
05-31-2006, 01:37 PM
me too!!! me too!!! i'm ready! i've been POP since i started LAWL 3 weeks ago, but i'm ready for a challenge. :carrot:

The challenge:
current: 171
by July 4th: 161

hkychik
05-31-2006, 01:51 PM
I am certainly in a comfort zone - I am still losing, but I am certainly not as strict with the plan as I used to be, and the minor cheats are getting more frequent... My plan for getting back to POP is to start weighing and measuring foods again, instead of just "eyeballing" it! http://www.steliart.com/images/eye2.gif and I am going to start with my cool whip for my strawberries, right now!

dolphn545
05-31-2006, 02:57 PM
count me in to start tomorrow. ;)

Eryca1123
05-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Hi!
I'm in. I've been on lawl for a little over a month and am down 10 lbs! :carrot:

I backslide over the holiday a wee bit. :( I really need to get back into the swing of things. Esp. since the annual 4th of July family amusement park trip is coming up.

Good Luck Ladies!! :D

dolphn545
05-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Dh work picnic is the second week of July at an amusement park, and I don't want to look like a complete :moo: :ink:
I would also like to get down a few more before my family picnic the beginning of August! :)

winkie03
05-31-2006, 03:57 PM
it's on!! i know we can all do it! i have faith! i've been POP today, so i'll start today. Best wishes to you all.:wave:

ljackson
05-31-2006, 09:24 PM
I was pop yesterday but today I screwed up. I went on a school field trip with DD and came home with such a headache, I just needed a big bowl of no added sugar ice cream, and I had already had my 2 starches for the day. Also tonight I had some peanuts at the baseball game.
So tomorrow will be my second day of pop for the week, with the goal in mind of being pop all weekend too.(yeah right):dizzy:

Gamababa3
05-31-2006, 11:16 PM
So far POP today. I had to ask my DH to eat the rest of the Poptarts & pastries left over from the weekend. Told my DD to quit leaving her sweets here to please take them home. Now lets see if I can get through tomorrow.

CandlePrincess
05-31-2006, 11:30 PM
ok..count me in...I have made the 260's and want to get down lower! So I'm in!

stacyj
06-01-2006, 07:14 AM
I am going to set a mini-goal at 145 by July 4th! I will weigh at school today--YIKES- and go to the COD today or tomorrow for more lites.
Have a great POP day!
Tomorrow is the last day of school for kids (I go through Tuesday)
and we are partying down--toooooo many sweets and food around!:devil:

Today is the Talent Show My third graders are doing a dance! Wish me luck!

Have a great day all!!!!!!!!:carrot:

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-01-2006, 07:50 AM
I'm in girlies!!! I guess I will set my goal - hmmmmm, thinking 5 weeks - I want to do something I can actually accomplish on the scales....I will make it simple - get into the 150's - Right now I'm gained a lot of muscle - so the scale is a little further away from that decade, but I'm hoping with my new running skills (wink wink) - I will start seeing some scale results as well....So that will be about 5.5 lbs for me as of this morning and then TOM is next week - ...

Sue1968
06-01-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm in as well -- I just finished TO and hope to have my first loss in 6 weeks on the scale. I have to keep remembering that I feel better, more fit, but the scale doesnt like the weight training I do -- but it makes me feel sooo much better / tighter.

I'm also gain on the two POP days -- and journaling.

MTdebster921
06-01-2006, 09:19 AM
Eryca1123- Welcome to the family!!! 10 lbs. in a month is wonderful. woohoo!!

winkie03
06-01-2006, 12:46 PM
How's everyone doing? It's finally june 1st. I hope everyone is POP!! So far, so good for me :)

hkychik
06-02-2006, 12:05 AM
POP for me today! Wahoo! It helps not having any more of that dad-ratted cake in the house....

merem
06-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Count me in, too. I was POP today.
I weighed 169 (with no clothes) on my home scale this morning and I really want to weigh 159 by July 4th! I was thrilled to be in the 160's but now I'm looking forward to see the 150's. I'm excited to weigh in tomorrow and see how much I've lost in these past 10 weeks. I am supposed to get my measurements tomorrow so I'll post that tomorrow night.
edited
Friday, June 2nd--At my weigh in this morning I weighed 170.2. That now makes 25 pounds gone in 10 weeks. I've lost 1 more inch in my waist, went up an inch in my hips (what the...?), and lost half an inch in my thigh.

sznn
06-02-2006, 12:13 AM
Just blew it with some crackers - I had a terrible case of the munchies.

-S

Sue1968
06-02-2006, 01:19 AM
A ? I have for the center tomorrow (I'm praying for some type of loss) is, can we have the 100calorie snacks? instead of counting out the graham crackers, Ive been having one package of the 100 calorie graham crackers ... I also want to ask about the skinny cow treats .. .

They told me last week a margaritta was a starch .. who knew lol ..

Today I was POP .. yeahhhhh .. but I've been in a training class all week and can easily drink my water + more .. I soo hope for a (-) on the scale tomorrow!

skipper
06-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I'm in gals. I've been POP since Tuesday - even resisted my DS with the Girl Scout thin mints straight from the freezer last night. AAAGGHHH!!! I started TO this morning - not looking forward to it, as I'm afraid I'm going to be famished by the time I go to bed tonight.

But, I have a wedding over the 4th of July and would like to be down another 10 by then. Remember (and we all know it's true!!), nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. I've been repeating it every day...

kicker_RN
06-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Sue
I am taking the info on the 100 calorie packs into my center today to find out what they count as. I will post when I get back. Also I am taking in the info on fudgicle sugar free fat free fudge bars. My councellor said they might just count as a condiment. I will confirm this and let you know. I didn't getthe info on the skinny cow treats though. Have a POp day everyone.
Barb

juliemarie
06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
They will probably tell you no on the 100cal packs-but I would say it's okay a couple of times a week as long as it is your only "high-cal" starch for the day. The rest of your starches should be around 50cals. Then again-if you stall in your weight loss-you may want to stop eating them. The real problem would likely be with the salty snack ones of course . . .

Repo girl
06-02-2006, 10:38 AM
I want to see the 140's by July 4th. I think that is pretty feasible.

mrsbeanie
06-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Hey all! Count me in....I have to break this stupid plateau I am on. I have been doing a lot of research online when I can and found a little info that I am trying. Been doing it two days and I must say it has helped my appetite so much...much much easier to stay on plan...in fact sometime I have to force myself to eat...it really helped with the take off too.

Good Luck all!

skipper
06-02-2006, 11:43 AM
MrsBeanie,
What are you trying that's helping with that appetite? That's always my biggest issue - being really hungry...

hkychik
06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Share with us, Beanie! What are you trying?

I've written the 100 cal snacks in my diary a couple of times, and they don't really say much.... but it seems like every time I ask them about a food in particular that ISN'T in the book, they say "Not during the weight loss phase" http://www.geocities.com/fire_godess_e35/taz.gif

Most of them (100 cal snacks) are similar in nutrient value to the la snacks like the garlic twists, etc... I know nutrient value isn't everything, it has to do some with what the ingredients are as well, but the garlic twists are 100 calories and they count as a starch.

mrsbeanie
06-02-2006, 12:08 PM
I will be happy to share but I wanted to wait a week or so to see if it is really that or just someother strange reason Im not hungry. I promise once Im sure thats what it is I will report back. ;)

stacyj
06-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes Beanie I am interested too........
I am going to the COD on Tuesday, with my tail between my legs because I have not been doing well.
I am doing TO today and Monday in hopes of not seeing a huge gain on Tuesday.
SCHOOL is out on Tuesday for good (No kids Monday or Tuesday) so I have to really work on being on plan and getting my water down.

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Well I must say that I'm definitely headed in the right direction of my mini goal for June - I might actually have to change it if MY SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY (as katie calls it) actually works. I was down on the scale this morning for the first time in a long tim - plus it is TOM - so I'm physched!!!!
My goal was the 150's period, but I think I'm going to be a little more specific. How about 157.5 by end of June......

stacyj
06-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Went in to the COD
I feel good and am back on track
Hope to get that ticker moving!!

stacyj
06-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Do any of you eat those new sandwiches at Wendys? The turkey ones? Could any of them be on plan?
I am thinking maybethe Turkey basil
being----
2 s
1 p
1 f
What do you think?

dolphn545
06-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Stacyj - That sounds like a good break down for the turkey sandwich at Wendy's. Just be careful of the sodium and go for the hot lemon water if you do have one! I doubt that they are using low salt turkey. :eek:
Congratulations on getting back on track!! :bravo:

HeatherPP - :bravo: to you too!!

As Katie says - We do make our own destiny. Positive thinking and a positive attitude is the key to our success! :hug:

Katie - look at you with your skinny self! WTG! Keep on posting all your little tricks and tips! We enjoy them!

My mini goal is to be down to 175 by the end of July. That is about 18 pounds from where I'm at now, and it gives me 8 weeks.

PURPLEPIRATE99
06-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Sherry - Thanks for the Bravo - I do appreciate it!!

Stacy -= Be careful on those sandwiches. I looked them up about 1.5 weeks ago and they were pretty high in content on everything. I had debated that same sandwich, but decided to order the madarin chicken salad and just for giggles went online to check the nutrition and my choice to see what the difference was. I don't remember exactly - but I know I was very happy to have chosen the salad. just go to their site - they have all the nutrition info there.

smokepole
06-07-2006, 08:28 AM
Is it too late to Join? I started CURVES yesterday. I am at 176 would like to be 170 by 7/1. I guess my goal of 160 for my reunionr by July 16th is unrealistic. I really blew it. Maybe if I am diligent with exercise and following the program I will do okay.

By the way, this board is great. I've recommended it to the other board I go to. Even though I don't post on everything, I read everything and it's really help motivate me. KUDOS!!

Hotmamaof7
06-07-2006, 08:13 PM
I AM IN!!!

New here but just from the little I have read you guys are great!! I really think it will help reading all your little tricks and advice. That way I don't have to do so much trial and error weeks!! I have a friend coming July 13 and she has lost her weight (through help of medications) 60 pounds and we used to be the same size so I really want to have lost something noticable!! My goal is going to be to get these thight 14's to look normal. I think that would be about a 14 pound weight loss!! Wish me luck!! I am feeling really motivated right now and I am going to try to be POP until then!!

180/180/135

Help!! I am a skinny woman stuck in a Fat persons BODY!!!!!!!!!!

Sue1968
06-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Oh my I love those new sandwiches; I had one -- and didnt think of the sodium; I looked at wendy's.com and got the following info (Just remember to order w/out the mayo). You can also go to wendys.com and personalize the sandwich if you dont like certain things; the only thing I excluded was may

Frescata Club

C = 320
F = 10 (sat = 2.5, trans = 0 chol 45)
Sodium - 1410 (WOWZA)
Potassium = 600
Carbs = 48 (WOWZA again)
Fiber 4
Sugars 5
Protein 23

The Roasted Turkey & Swiss is higher - again no mayo

C - 420
Fat 15 (maybe from the swiss cheese?)
Carbs = 50
Fiber =4
Sugars = 4
Protein 26
Sodium = 1420

The other two are similar; all are high sodium, but funny I did the other two sandwiches and they are higher in fat and calories.

Hope that helps -- I never realized how high the sodium is --

hkychik
06-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey Challengers! How are we doing the second week of the challenge? I have successfully completed my 3 days PPOP, and am officially down 39 pounds. It's like magic - EVERYONE has noticed. I told at least 5 people last night that I've lost a whole bag of dogfood (thanks to whomever supplied THAT little euphamism - it's great!)

juliemarie
06-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Lori-

So far so good-I had 2 days in a row last week and the rest "almost" PPOP. ;) No binges! Yay! Finally a good weekend for me. It definately takes some planning to get through the weekend-especially if I'm at home.

This week I'm 2 for 3 so far-had an extra dairy on Tuesday . . . .I shoulda just gone to bed . . .