Old 05-31-2006, 11:02 AM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Unhappy Oh What a Night....

DH was at work last night/early this morning, and had an accident while on the job. He slipped on some ice on the freezer floor, and his legs went out from under him and he landed smack down hard on his left hip! He could barely walk or stand, so the other Manager took him directly to the ER.... DH had x-rays taken, and nothing is broken, just badly bruised! It could have been alot worse! DH got a doc note saying that he can't work tomorrow, which I have a feeling won't go over very well at all! We filed a claim with Workers Comp, which they will complain about as well.... There shouldn't have been ice on the freezer floor in the first place!!! The only reason there was is because everytime it rains the roof above the freezer leaks, and the water drips onto the floor, causing ice!!! So it's the OWNERS responsibility to fix that, which from what we found out, he's been told numerous times over the course of 14 YEARS, and it STILL hasn't been done!!! They should be lucky I'm not sueing them, or anything! Tongue It's terrible!!!

So I was up most of the night at the ER, and we didn't get home till 4:30 AM, then it took awhile to get everything figured out.... so I didn't get to bed till about 6:30, then the phone rang at 8:30, and I've been up ever since..... So it's been quite a night!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Ugh sorry to hear about DH's accident. The ER is never a fun place to be :-(
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #3  
labelle16352

S/C/G: 205/148/130

Good luck with the workers comp.... Can you get a lawyer and file? Most insurance companies when pressured will pay in a reasonable amount of time. I hope he feels better soon!
labelle16352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

If i remember correctly compensation won't pay you anything unless you have missed a minimum of 3 days.Even so always file the claim no matter how small,there will be a record so if down the road he has a problem with his hip it will be covered.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:02 PM   #5  
labelle16352

S/C/G: 205/148/130

I think your right @ the 3 days and it might even be 5. I remember when my husband was off work for three weeks they paid for 2 weeks @ 80% pay. After the 2nd week Chase Mortgage Insurance paid our mortgage payment and Lexus Financial waived the lease payments. I did have to send the ER reports and get a note from his employer. If you think he will be off for a while you may want to contact creditors - the last think anyone needs to worry about is paying the bills.
labelle16352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #6  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

wow, im sorry that happened, that must have been really scary for you(ya no, as it could have been worse).
I hope his work are paying him whiles off of work still as he would have been working if they had filled their responsabilities, even a bit extra for emotional and physical trumar
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:16 PM   #7  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Oh no! Glad it's not broken though!!

Hope he's feeling better soon!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:20 PM   #8  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Awww..I'm sorry! My fiance did something similiar when he got his thumb stuck in some machine....Luckily he didn't lose it!

His work comp paid for the visits and the prescriptions but he was only out of work for a couple of days, if I remember correctly...even though he couldn't use his one hand.

It's scary when you get that call, isn't it?!?!? I'm glad that he wasn't hurt too badly!

I hope he feels better!
IrishCowgirl0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:46 PM   #9  
...future runner...

S/C/G: 215/193.6/135

Gee, that's really scary glad that he's okay. Also, since I've never had to file a workers comp it's good to know all this information.
rosiek2277 is offline   Reply With Quote