Old 05-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up I Moved My Keister! 5/29 - 6/4

Some of us struggle more with food, others with exercise. I fall into the latter group, so in the past I have found it helpful to log my exercise here for the accountability thang, for the motivational thang, and for the mutual support thang!

If any of you want to join in with your , , , , , , , , , , , , or even your ----- then sing it proud here!!

Whatever you're doing, to whatever degree, and no matter how often -- everyone's welcome.

My goal for the week is to bike for 360 minutes. It's a little ambitious for me at this point because my stamina still isn't where it used to be and my new job is more physical than it's been in years -- but I think that an overall goal of 360 minutes, broken up into multiple sessions, is achievable. The key will be to get 30-40 minutes out of the way first thing in the morning. Then I can finish up my day with another 20 minutes after work or dinner. That seems doable, right?
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:33 PM   #2  
No description available.

Hi Sarah! I just got home from moving my Keister around and around in laps at the local softball field for 38 minutes. I run 12 minute miles, so that was about 3 miles, plus some extra time to make up for the occasions in which my beloved black lab decided to stand right in my path causing me to stumble and careen around her.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #3  
I don't even own a wagon.

S/C/G: 363/277/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi guys! Wow, another week already?

I went on a 2 mile walk earlier this afternoon. I'm getting a bit bored and restless, which can easily slip into Mega Monster Munchie Madness, so I am going to go for another mile and maybe just sit for a while and watch the tide come in, or go out, or whatever it's decided it wants to do.

Hope everyone had a rippin' holiday. Hang ten, keep the toes to the nose, and... uh... watch out for the gnarly heavies or some such.

Hmm... The Gnarly Heavies... the best name for a support group ever, or is it just me?
andoreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #4  
I climb mountains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoreth
Hmm... The Gnarly Heavies... the best name for a support group ever, or is it just me?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #5  
Black Belt In Training

S/C/G: 289/243/160

Height: 5' 7"

I went swimming today, then went to stability ball class followed by one hour of TKD. It was a good day.
Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will run 2.5 miles
Wednesday I have TKD.
Thursday I will run 3.5 miles
Friday I will take off from all exercise as the Race for the Cure is Saturday, June 3
Saturday-->Race for the Cure.
And Sunday is another day off.
taekwondomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 02:14 AM   #6  

On Monday, which was a few hours ago, I completed my exercise . . . while drunk. Do you think all the stumbling increased the calories burned in my cardio? I should hope so. Needless to say, the eating plan went to ****, but luckily this isn't the thread for that.

I shouldn't've had any alcohol, but the frustration at the scale's insistence on going up (despite my daily 90 minutes cardio, 20 minutes weight training and 30 minutes of yoga) drove me to say "screw it" for the day. Oh well. Tomorrow (today) is a new day.
MsHelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 05:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

This week, I want to do about 250mins of moving.

Don't know if this is going to be feasable with temps between 102f without humidex and 115f with humidex...

I did about 40mins yesterday and when I got home I thought I was going to pass out. I was so hot DH had to wrap me in a wet towel. I think I might not have drank enough water...* thinking about that, got to get some more*.

Anyway, at lunch , I'll be going down and up the stairs for about 30-40mins. It should be interesting since I work on the 11th floor...
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:55 AM   #8  

So far doing ok -

Monday I got up early, despite it being a day off, and went to the gym, did an hour hard cardio including running, and did a turn on the rower and the bottom busting cardio wave.

Today, Tuesday was going to be a non exercise day as I can't get to the gym, due to an early start and work and I am going to the football tonight

But......and this is really scary, I got up at 4.45, threw on my running kit, and hit the tarmac for 5am and ran/walked an hour!

I'm walking to the football ground tonight which must be a mile and a bit!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #9  

Well, I just proved to myself that the last 7 years of the easy life here in central California has completely turned me into the biggest temperature wimp there ever was.

I walked to the gym (400 bonus cals burned!), but the entire way I felt so whiny about the heat. When I got there I had to drink a bunch of water before beginning (30 min cardio, 45 min arms/chest/back/stomach). Then, whinned even more on the way home! I kept thinking to myself that I didn't know what I was going to do when real summer hits.

When I got home, I looked up the temp in town....

It was only 71 degrees.

Everyone here in the "real heat", please know that you have my deepest, deepest sympathies! When we move away from Fantasy Land, I have a feeling I'm going to pay a very big price.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #10  
I climb mountains!

Alrighty! So much for getting up early and doing 40 minutes this morning! I most ashamedly admit that the bed (and all of its members, both 4- and 2-legged) felt just too, too good this morning......so the exercise bike did not have the pleasure of my use this morning. I DID get in a half hour after work, so at least there's that. I will say that now that I'm out of an office and on a sales floor, I'm walking and standing about 7-8 hours more than I was, so that's an improvement. (An improvement to which I'm currently adjusting, actually. )

Tonight I'm going to bed earlier than midnight. I just remembered today that after the chemo I felt like a completely different person when I got 8 hours sleep compared to when I didn't. Um....duh.

Eats are still great, I'm happy to report.

Great job, you guys! Even inebriated, you're getting the job done! Pretty impressive, Helena.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

I'm happy to report that I did get in my "stairs" at lunch , just not as long as whished in one session.

I ended up doing about 20mins and then had to stop, I started swelling up like crazy. I don't know what happen, I drank more than the recommended 8 glasses of water ( I had about 6 down by the time I started my exercise), so it can't be that I didn't drink enough.

I'll will try to do as much as I can again today ( especialy since I'm stuck in a conference for the next 2 days)
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #12  
Will work for yarn!

I just finished my 1 mile WATP. I feel good!
myholidayboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:48 PM   #13  

I walked to the gym again, then cardio and weights. The walk just about whiped me out...so seepy...

Hope everyone had a great day today! I go naptime now...
Old 05-31-2006, 09:13 PM   #14  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I have some....miracle of miracles!!!!!

Yesterday I played in the pool where my Mom is staying till she gets her new house. The kids and I played fairly vigorously (somersaults, diving for a rock handstands some actual lap swimming) for two hours!!

Fitday estimated it at 600 and something calories burned...does that sound reasonable??

And today I mowed the lawn for 55 minutes (fitday said 200 something).....nothing makes me sweat like mowing my darn jungle!!!!!

Sarah..if you're out there...could you run those numbers in your diet-power software and see what it says? I know fitday isn't too accurate!

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:54 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

I did 34 minutes on the treadmill while watching my favorite basketball team win - Go Pistons!!!!!!

I have strength training scheduled for tomorrow.
hautbois is offline   Reply With Quote