Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Default I just want to re-introduce myself!

I was a very active poster here last summer and lost 51 pounds between May and September. But, I started full-time classes and, well, fell off the wagon. My routine that worked so well just did NOT work once I wasn't a stay at home mom any more. I gained back to 223 and am trying to get back on track again with a more realistic-for-me routine.

My "plan" last year was to exercise 5-10 hours per week, and eat 1200-1500 calories per day. I can't do that amount of exercise any more, I just don't have time.

So my NEW plan is to maintain the calories that I ate last year, 1200-1500, but cut the exercise down to a more realistic 3-4 1-hour workouts per week. I also have been parking in the back of the parking lot, making multiple trips up and down the stairs at my house, etc. Just trying to add in steps anywhere I can.

Hopefully I can keep it up once I start classes again. I REALLY want to get this weight off!!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:49 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

That's the way to do it. When I was working and going to night classes, I still made sure to get at least 30 minutes a day in, up to 60 minutes. I also parked far from doors, but didn't count that time, so that was just an added extra. If you work close to home, try biking to work sometimes. If not, park farther from work, take the bike, and bike the rest of the way. Just get creative. And most of us have an hour lunch break each day, so use that time. I would take my exercise clothes and go for a 30 minute run on my lunch hour, then eat at my desk. Worked well since our office had a shower. But you can always just wash up with the sink too.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 08:56 PM   #3  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Good to see you. See you around!
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #4  
Fearless and Free

Welcome back!!! I'm new here but I'm glad you're back This site seems so full of great people!

Good luck as you continue on your journey.
Tirzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #5  
Princess Kittyfluff

Heh, must be something about summer. I'm back after being gone since September, too! (Mine was when I started a new job, though... sadly, still not back in school.)

Welcome back!
lunameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:12 PM   #6  
Thin taste better

S/C/G: 230/215/170

Height: 5ft

welcome back gray eyes I understand exactly what you are talking about I am also going through the same problem of finding the time to exercise with my busy schedule, but I can see you are on the right track, congrats on the weight you have lost so far I am so proud of you.

coming back was a great decision, as you know the support you find here is just enough somedays to get you through, the people here has really gotten me motivated and gave me plenty of ideas and suggestions on what I need to do to meet my goal.

the routine you have planed out for yourself sounds pretty good, maybe I will try it and let you know how it works.
sweettay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

Thanks everyone I appreciate the warm welcome
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote