Old 05-28-2006, 01:31 AM   #1  
No More Excuses!

S/C/G: 240/225/165

Height: 5'6"

Angry Fell Off The Wagon..just a lil bit(ok maybe alot)

Hey Ladies... Im so mad at myself. As im sure you all noticed, for the past month i havent been here.. I fell off the wagon majorly. My diet went to **** and i stopped exercising. I have no idea why because i was doing so good. And just when i was starting to get back on track about 2 weeks ago, i was at the playground with my son and fell and sprained my ankle BADLY.. So badly that when it sprained the muscle tore from the bone and took little bits of bone with it.. SO needless to say i havent been able to walk very much. Being doped up on painkillers caused me just to lay around all day, and ive been eating crap food all day... My husbands friends have been bringing over brownies and stuff for me to cook for them and of couse i eat.. and eat.. and eat...
So I havent been on a scale in over a month but i know ive gained all my weight back (and maybe then some...) but ive vowed to not weigh myself until i get back on track. I dont need anything bringing me down right now..
I think that ive also been gettin pretty depressed because my husband who weighed like 20 lbs more than me now weighs like 5lbs LESS than me.. Im so happy for him but he really rubs it in my face, and i know its just cuz hes proud, but it kills me becuase i was doing so much better than him for so long... Oh well..
SO im going to try to start putting my stuff in Fitday again, atleast the basics. I gotta get back on track, this is killin me and im so depressed that I fell off the wagon.... Im debating weather to do the june fitness challenge or not because of my ankle, maybe ill just do a small goal, so if theres days im in too much pain i wont feel too guilty.. Well girls, i hope im back in here for a while.. I think i need a swift kick in the *** lol.
Marineswife85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:54 AM   #2  
No More Excuses!

Oh yeah, not to mention that i want to loose some weight becuase my inlaws are coming out next month.. AAHHHHH!!!!! (me and the mother in law dont get along..)
Old 05-28-2006, 02:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Welcome back!

We all missed you. If you look back, there was actually a thread started looking for you!

We all do this. Just pick yourself up (not literally of course, take it easy on your ankle!), dust yourself off, and start over. You did it once you can do it again. I did the same thing for awhile but I'm almost back to my lowest weight again. It can be done and you CAN do it.

Good luck!
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:13 AM   #4  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Keep at it!!! What's important is that you're BACK ON the wagon! Hang in there!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:56 AM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi heather and welcome back

Now, has the doctor given you a time frame for when you should be able to use your ankle completely? That would be a good start.

In the meantime, clean up your diet and use the time to focus on that. You can still do upper body work and possible abs (depending on how sensitive your ankle is). You may not be able to get in a run or walk, but still lifting weights is good and can become aerobic if you don't take big rests in between exercises.

You can do this! Just think about how you will feel in a months time if you don't.

We are here for you
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:45 AM   #6  
No More Excuses!

The Drs never really told me a time frame to start using my ankle again. Like I can walk on it now, but its painful, but i have to move around so i deal with it. I dont know how long it will be before i can go for long walks and stuff again.. Maybe ill buy some hand weights at Walmart or something and use those. I really WANT to go for walks and stuff which is killin me! And on the first Jason is gettin leg surgery so i know im gonna be cooped up in the house taking care of him.. Oh well maybe it will be a good excuse to get OUT of the house lol. When he got the surgery on his other leg he was such a baby "honey get me this.. wahh honey get me that.." and i was going for walks at every opportunity! lol. Maybe later today I will try to walk the short loop around my neighborhood and see how i do, worse comes to worst it hurts lol i can deal with it i guess.
Ok, well ill keep you all posted. Its great to know i was missed.. it will be more motivation to keep at it :-)
Old 05-28-2006, 04:28 PM   #7  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Hey Heather! Welcome back, sorry to hear about the ankle! Don't overwhelm yourself too much, and think "I HAVE to do this and that, and more of this!" If you start with one thingg at a time, even if it's not alot of exercise, but just food choices and drinking more water...that will help!

Take it easy, and one step at a time...something I'm trying to learn myself! PS, I know TOTALLY About the in-law thing....not a fan of mine really either!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:50 PM   #8  

Hi Heather, good to see you back! Like the other ladies said, take it easy on that ankle. Nobody blames you for falling off, it happens to us all! What's important is that you pick yourself up again. For now while your ankle is recovering, take the time to focus on your food choices! Say no to one brownie a day.... Or a bag of chips. It adds up! I'm glad to see you're back, though!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #9  
No More Excuses!

Im just glad im back.. I really need to get my butt in gear and start loosin more weight. I think im gonna hold of on doin the challenge this month too.. Ill wait till next month when i know my ankle is better.. :-)
Old 05-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #10  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Heather - don't worry too much about the exercise hun you don't want to really hurt your ankle...give yourselves a few weeks off but remember working out is only half the battle...work on that eating. Falling off the wagon happens to all of us, but it is being able to get back on that is going to get you to your goal! I know you can do it hun! Also about your hubby...men take off weight easier...its a horrible fact of life lol.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #11  
here I go again...

Welcome back Heather! Take care of that ankle, and you'll be back at it before you know it.
illinichick is offline   Reply With Quote