South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default Friday Flappin

Good Morning chicks,

Today starts the busy weekend, which I am happy about, I love being busy, It is good for me, 4 Wheeler Ride Sat, Nascar Race Sunday, Today, gotta go to the grocery store and make sure we have enough food for the event, then to Amos Run to Start Registerring People.........

Take Care everyone....
Old 05-26-2006, 08:24 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds like an exciting weekend, MsCrockett.

This sleeping in has to stop. Hershey has a steel bladder and will sleep until seven and I've been sleeping until then too. Taking a cold capsule at bedtime probably is contributing. When Lucy comes back, I'll be back to 5 AM waking and into early morning gardening.

Today I work another charity BINGO. Please don't tell me to have fun because it is definitely NOT fun. Too much accounting work when I'd rather be gardening. I am supposed to train someone to do this stuff but the rules keep changing so.....11 to 4, I'll be gone.

Tomorrow is Greenhouse until 2 and then I will be participating in the Opening Doors Event in the Village. Historic buildings are open to the public for visitors. Our Church is 1810 so it's definitely on the tour. I'm supposed to be in period costume but am going to cheat and wear 1890 stuff since I have it handy.

If I'm home from the BINGO early enough this afternoon, I'll do a bit more weeding. I'm winning the Battle of the Creeping Bellflower.

What are your plans for this Memorial Day Weekend?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:31 AM   #3  

Good Morning Crockett and Ruth

Ruth You deserve every bit of sleep you get!! You are constantly on the go and doing things for other people. Your body is telling you that you need the rest!

Crockett Sounds like a fun weekend planned for you! Have a great time!

I have a few more hours worth of work up at school and I should be done moving rooms. The room I am moving into is small, but cozy. I am not over-decorating, but at least trying to make it a warm and cheerful little spot.

Other than that, no big plans for the weekend. I am taking the girls to my in-laws on Sunday for dinner. It really is sad because they only live 20 minutes from us and we are not over there often. I don't like going without my DH, just because it is a stressful environment to be in. BUT, with his work schedule the only way they get to see the girls is if I take them. Oh well.... other than that our weekend schedule is pretty blank. I am grateful for that as the last 2 months have been on the go!

Getting together a grocery list and then heading into the shower to get moving for the day.

Have a great one!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:40 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
We are going to BBQ if the weather holds out on Monday.This is going to ber the first time Leo & I are not going down to the cerimonies for our Veterians,as Leo can't stand that long.

We're have a gloomy day,no sun just heavy cloud cover.We have to go to the police dept to pick up the claim report for our insurance company. We rented at VW for the week until the adjuster can come and than taking it into the shop to ge repaired.

Going to try a new dessert recipe from the food channel.Don't know if its SB friend,but I going to make it as close as possible.Hope it turns out yummy as the riipe looks that way.

Individual Italian Meringue Trifle

1/2 c chopped hazelnuts,toasted
2c whipping cream[I using s/f coolwhip]
2 rounds of sugar[splenda]
24 store bought parepared meringue cookies
1/2 c hazelnut chocolate spread[Nutella]
1/2 c raspberries

Toast nuts in a small pan then cool.

Beat whipping cream and sugar[coolwhio & splenda] until it forms soft peaks. Crush half of the meringues in a large food storage bag with the hazelnuts and then divide evenly among 4 small dessert cups. Place hazelnut chocolate[Nutella] spread in a medium bowl. Warm the spread in the microwave until loosened and smooth, test after 40 seconds on high. Stir and repeat, if necessary, until loose.

Divide[rasp] berries evenly among dessert cups. Fold a small amount of whipped cream into hazelnut chocolate spread mixture until well combined. Fold in the remaining whipped cream. Divide the completed mixture among the cups and top each dessert cup with whole remaining meringues, 3 per cup.

Will let you know how it came out.

I'm in better spirits today,not depressed anymore, Like Doris Day would sing "casi ra cira"[what will be will be].

Hugs BB
Old 05-26-2006, 10:07 AM   #5  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Morning Chickies,

Just trying to get through the last work day before the big weekend. Planning to go camping with the in-laws, and maybe a cookout with the neighbors if the rain stays away. It is always sunny during the week when I'm at work, then rainy on the weekends....what gives?!?

Sounds like everyone has either some fun events or much needed rest to do. Have fun and be safe in whatever you are doing.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #6  

Sounds like everyone has some fun plans. We are still waiting on those servers for work and we should have them today. That means we will be working as much as possible this weekend. I HAVE to go to a Twilight Camp meeting tomorrow morning and then I had promised Brian that we would all go to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday. So I will probably only be working Saturday afternoon and Monday unless I can move the festival to Monday but that means DH won't be able to go. My team lead and I were talking about how we are going to manage things with just us and it won't be fun. At least I can work from home (although I am in the office today).
Old 05-26-2006, 01:04 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi all! Let's see if this works this time, it's only my 3rd time trying to post today! Whoops! I don't know what's happening but I lost you again! I'll try again later.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

hey ladies!
this'll be a flyby post. work sucked last night, came home in a bad mood, woke up in a bad mood. and of course my feet are killing me still. but on a positive note, i decided to try a lil whole wheat pasta, and it was really good. there was a lil cardboardy taste and a lil grit, but that really didn't ruin it. so i'm happy that i can have some pasta. i know ill have to be careful cuz it may be a trigger for me. but anyways. another day working and i get to work all weekend. may be going out on saturday night to celebrate a coworker's promotion. woot!

hope everyone is well and has a great weekend!

-jessy
Old 05-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #9  
hottie inside

S/C/G: 170/170/130

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Kitty - Just an FYI, some ww pastas taste better than others, so try different brands. There is one where I live that tastes almost better than the real thing! Either that or I was so desperate for pasta that I would eat cardboard. haha
Old 05-26-2006, 07:55 PM   #10  

Wow... quiet day on the beach. Hope everyone is gearing up for a fun weekend! I told my daughther that tomorrow we are not leaving the house! (At least not getting into the car- a trip to the park sounds great!!)

Cottage How did the day go yesterday??

TropKit I am sorry to hear that work stuck- what do you do?

Barb Sorry to hear that work is so hectic- that doesn't sound fun!!

Still plugging along with Phase 2- it has been nice to add some fruit and grains back in. I am sticking with one thing a day. I am going to make the WW muffins tomorrow, those sound like they would be great for breakfast and both my girls love muffins. The baby will eat ANYTHING!! She is totally on table food, so that is nice. She loved the couscous I made the other night.

Okay, off to have a glass of wine (red, of course!) and watch a little basketball.

Later gals!!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:12 PM   #11  

kiko - I love those muffins but I always end up eating too many. I like to make them with strawberry banana yogurt and chocolate chips. Brian eats them well too.

We were told we could leave work at 2 today but right as I was getting ready to leave (around 3), I got called on my servers and ended up staying later than normal. I found out it is five servers but while I can log onto them I still can't get files to them so I still can't work on them. It seems like it is hurry up and wait.

I made the Quick & Easy Spicy Chicken Soup tonight but I added kale to it. It turned out really good although neither DH nor Brian would eat it. Oh, well, the leftovers will be great for lunch.
Closed Thread