South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Question I need some advice Please!!

Hi. My DH and I are on day four of phase one. I have been very faithful to only eat allowed foods BUT, I have missed a snack here and there due to work. I read that headaches are common and they will go away, and I did go back to having 3-4 cups of coffee (caffinated) a day and they went away. My question is.............Is it normal to feel so tired? I am really tired since starting on Sout Beach. I work at Starbucks so I was use to drinking unlimited amounts of coffee everyday that I worked, but I don't know if thats the reason or if this is a "normal" get use to a healthier way of eating side effect. I also pretty much pigged out the week before (I know, pretty stupid of me, but it was sooooooooooooooo good! ) Please let me know if this is normal. I greatly appreciate any and all advice. Blessings~ Linder
Old 05-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #2  

I think it is quite common to experience the fatigue- my mom just started Phase 1 last week and was really struggling- it was almost like she was in a fog. That hit her pretty hard on day 4 and 5- she pushed through and feels great- she is now on day 8.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/243/160

greetings linder, and welcome!

there is some typical fatigue and headaches associated with the first few days. they should pass. but some hints:
1. make sure you eat enough
2. have plenty of water
3. beans help a lot

i'd also suspect that the headaches may have been brought on by a coffee/caffeine addiction. especially if you just quit drinking caffeinated coffee cold turkey. caffeine headaches also go away after a day or so, which can be avoided by weening yourself from the caffeine. i'd suggest working your way down to little or no caffeine since caffeine can affect blood sugar thereby causing hunger. plus caffeine has been associated with depression. a lil ray of hope: many of us have coffee with lil affect on our weight loss.

hope this helps and good luck!
Old 05-26-2006, 02:20 AM   #4  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 260/240/160

Height: 5'6

I second what tropicalkitty as said. You are drinking an over abundance of caffeine in a day, and when you just completely quit drinking caffeine, you're body goes into a fit, kind of like drugs, your body will go into a fit because it's addicted, and so you experience the headache. After a day or so, it will go away. If you can't take the pain, try some Excederine. It is a pain reliever, and it has small amounts of caffeine in it. You could also try drinking a diet soda, that also has caffeine, but isn't bad for you. You are allowed a certain number of sugar free caffinated drinks a day(diet soda) and 1 diet soda might be good for you if you're going into caffeine fits. Gradually wean yourself down from many cups to 1 or 2 cups a day, but no sugar! Which means no cappichino or anything, strictly coffee. Cappichinos have too much sugar in them! If you need sugar in your coffee, I think you can use splenda without too many side effects. Just dont pour the whole bag in 1 or 2 tablespoons max. I dont remember the exact specifications of the SBD, i've been off for liek 2 weeks haha I've cheated SO bad! And I've decided to just start calorie counting and exercising, that way I can still eat what I want to eat. Stick to your diet! You really will see results! Good luck hon!.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:12 AM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

I drink 10 cups of coffee a day, Caffienated and I never have changed. I have to have my coffee! and Give fitday.com a try to ensure you are having enoug caloric intake... helped me a bunch.... Take Care
Old 05-26-2006, 03:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/155/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so very much! I really appreciate your advice & tips. I am still pretty pooped, but I know it will get better! Blessings~Linder
Closed Thread