100 lb. Club - A bump in my plans...

View Full Version : A bump in my plans...

SnowboundChick
05-24-2006, 04:23 PM
literally. I've been kind of scared but I tested today and yes, I am pregnant. I'm a little selfish in the fact that I am bummed about not losing too much weight anymore until after the baby is born. I am literally three weeks along and I totally knew it. I ovulated the beginning of the month and once my period didn't come, I knew.

The good thing is it might be a girl according to the Chinese Gender Chart. I'm 31 and conceived in May. I also already have 2 boys, so a girl would balance things out a bit.

I'm not sure I should be telling anyone yet though being it's so early. I knew right away with my other two pregnancies and told people early then too, with the first I was about 7 weeks along maybe less and the same with my second. But I've been so regular the last few months it was a sure thing.

So yes, I am very happy.

Scrappy Chick
05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Congratulations! I will be thinking "girl" thoughts for you. Good luck and a healthy pregnancy!

teahoney
05-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Congratulations!!!! Of course it would not be wise to try to lose weight during this time but you can at least talk to your doctor about what exercises you can do. But again, congrats!! *sending you girl vibes*

kittymuse
05-24-2006, 04:49 PM
Yay! Congratulations!

YP1
05-24-2006, 04:52 PM
Congratulations!

Angel33
05-24-2006, 04:57 PM
CONGRADULATIONS DONNA!!
WISHING YOU A HAPPY AND HEALTHY :preg:

KristasMom
05-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Donna - Girls are the best - right up there with boys!

When I had Krissie, I ate perfect, and exercised 5 days a week - swimming and kickboard only - she was so precious to me.

And a week after she was born, I weighed 17 lbs less than I did on the day she was conceived.
No gestational diabetes, no nothing.

So enjoy your "bump" -

Sue

SnowboundChick
05-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone.
I know that I'm a little scared about this pregnancy. I had preeclampsia with the first Kale, high blood pressure, protein in the urine. With the second Mickey I was borderline gestational diebetes. So I'm going to go healthy all the way this time. I gave into the cravings all the time with my other pregnancies and gained 60lb both times. I also ended up having c-sections because both my boys were over 10lbs. So I hope to do a lot better this time around.

jtammy
05-24-2006, 06:12 PM
Congratulations and best wishes for a healthy pregnancy!

jmacway
05-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Congratulations, Keep making healthy choices for the both of you.

midwife
05-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Congratulations!! I love babies!!!!

tchrnow
05-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Congrats! I was 41 yrs and 281 lbs when I became pregnant with my daughter. I too was pre-eclamptic (sp?) with my son, but not with my daughter. I did have gestational diabetis though. HOWEVER, I ate healthy and at delivery weighed 291lbs (baby was 7'11"). After all was said and done I was down 50 lbs and felt the best I had in a long time. Now, of course I was stupid and didn't stop eating the amounts I did during breastfeeding after I stopped nursing, so I gained back 20 lbs. BUT, I'm working on that now.

I had never planned to have anymore children because of my weight. I honestly thought I would die. But, God gave me the blessing of my daughter and she gave me the joy of life again and the motivation to stay around to raise her. This "bump" will be the best yet, for both of you.
Lynne

famograham
05-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Wonderful news Donna!!!! :cp: :goodvibes :preg: :bb:

I'm jealous ;)

Just keep on making those healthy decisions and you'll do fine!

I was exactly the same as Lynne, I ate better than ever when pregnant and ended up with a good loss both times...and I also ended up gaining during and after my nursing years.

:hug:
Linda

lessofsarahtolove
05-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Congratulations, Donna! :hug:

Sounds like some loss -- or at least maintenance -- is a very possible thing! And you sound motivated to go a healthier, more proactive route this time around, so good for you! :cp:

My very best wishes for a healthy, happy pregnancy for you. And girls rock!!

ScarlettDrawl
05-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Congratulations, Donna!

karistiana
05-25-2006, 12:27 AM
Congrats, Donna! Sending happy, healthy pregnancy vibes your way!

kykaree
05-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Congratulations!! I love babies!!!!

:D :D :D That made me giggle, I should jolly well hope so!!! A midwife that doesn't love babies would have a very miserable life!!! ;)

Seriously though, congratulations. 3FC 100lb club water strikes again!!!

taekwondomom
05-25-2006, 03:59 AM
Congratulations! :D Here's to a healthy mom and baby! :cheers: <--filled with juice and sparkling water of course ;)

Foreverhopefull
05-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Congratulations!

May you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!

Your plans don't need to be over. I have a friend that kept exercising by doing pregnancy approved exercises and walking alot (until her last term). She ended her pregnancy with the same weight she started with ...until she gave birth and learned that she had actualy lost 30lbs. Her baby was very healthy and she actualy had an easier birth than she would have expected.

ChocLabLover
05-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Congratulations Donna!

srmb60
05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
I keep thinking this title is "A BUMP IN MY PANTS" but I guess .... :D

Congratulations!

synger
05-25-2006, 08:31 AM
How exciting! Congratulations!! I second what others have said about continuing to eat healthily and exercising. Heck, what the doctor told me to eat when I was pregnant was still much less than I was eating before I started watching my food intake. Just more than I do when I'm seriously trying to lose. The healthy bit is the key, I think. Lots of protein and calcium and veggies and fruit and whole grains and water (where have we heard this before?), and you'll be fine.

soiley
05-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Congratulations on your little "bump". May both of you be healthy and happy.

Sandi
05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
What spectacular news!!!!

:bb: Congratulations!! :bb:

barbygirl43
05-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Congratulations Donna!!!

midwife
05-25-2006, 02:26 PM
:D :D :D That made me giggle, I should jolly well hope so!!! A midwife that doesn't love babies would have a very miserable life!!! ;)

Seriously though, congratulations. 3FC 100lb club water strikes again!!!

I was really tired when I wrote that! :) Duhhhhhh!

SnowboundChick
06-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Finally back to say thank you. I'm feeling less overwhelmed and am ready to start enjoying this pregnancy well, until I jumped on the scale this morning. I was back up to 277lb. So I sat down and realized that I had been giving into cravings of chocolate and peanut butter a lot more than I used to plus baking chocolate chip cookies this week cause my son asked me to. So I'll have to stop overeating and concentrate on good healthy food. I know how easy it is to put the weight on, so I'l have to eat better. Thanks for all the support.

Nori71
06-02-2006, 05:03 PM
I missed your first announcement, but had to say what a nice "bump" in the road!! Sending you lots of pink & http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/lenora/7d5151fc.gif!!! I could never keep my secrets very long either. Congratulations!

mindydaisy
06-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Congratulations on the wonderful news :D

newfiedarling
06-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Sorry I'm so late - congratulations, that's fantastic news!

~Dee

supernurse_mommie
06-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Congratulations :)

Pregnancy is such a special time.. Im so happy for you! :)

baby steps
06-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Congratulations.....I'll be thinking pink for you but as the mother of 3 grown sons I am sure you will be delighted either way.....Ironically, I half wished for a girl in my 2nd pregnancy..but once I was pregnant the 3rd time fervently hoped for a thrid boy......not that I could have done anything about it by then...lol.....the youngest is over 30 now and all 3 a delight.

irisheyes213
06-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Congrats! Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!