Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 AM   #1  

Default New & Need HELP!

Hi. I am new to the Core program (Monday was my start)...have been doing Flex and struggling. Can someone tell me if this menu is ok? ALso, can I have Starbucks nonfat lattes on this (use points or can they work on core).

Breakfast: Instant plain cream of wheat with spray butter, splenda and cinnamon.
Snack: grapes, cottage cheese (4 oz container)
Lunch: Soup at Hand (blended vegetable), carrot sticks, unsweetened applesauce (snack container)
Snack: 94% FF popcorn - snack bag size
Dinner: Brown rice with tomatoes, chilis, lean ground beef and veggies
Dessert: I use 2pts for a snack bar

Is this ok? I don't feel as hungry as I did on Flex, but terrifed that I won't lose weight and will gain more...

HELP!!!!
THANKS A BUNCH!!!
Old 05-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

You're good if your cottage cheese is FF, otherwise you'll have to count points for it too.

Other than that, it looks great!!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:41 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Healthy! Welcome to Core. I'm not sure about the Starbucks but Froufy can help you with that. If there is no fat or sugar, then I'm sure it's ok.

As far as your menu goes, you need another milk serving to meet your healthy eating guidelines. I'm not sure if instant Cream of Wheat is Core. I'd have to go look in my book since I don't eat it. Also, you may need another fruit? I guess you'd be ok without it today since you got so many veggie servings. Are you getting your healthy oil in here somewhere? Is the meat ground beef or ground sirloin? To be really Core it needs to be 93% FF. Are you getting you water? For some reason, it seems to be even more critical on Core than on Flex.

Good Luck!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Aha! I was counting her Starbucks and cottage cheese as the two dairy servings, but that was assuming Starbucks was every day. The nonfat SF vanilla latte is Core, or should be. It's just coffee with sugar-free syrup and skim milk.

How is that Blended Vegetable soup? I haven't tried it but really like the Soup At Hand containers for using at work. They're handier than using a bowl and besides that, they're harder to spill. My cubemate spilled a WHOLE bowl of tomato soup a while back and they still give her a hard time about it. LOL!
Old 05-25-2006, 09:11 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone!

Kathy -- the soup is great. Plus it sneaks in some extra veggie serving!
Closed Thread