Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-23-2006, 04:37 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default Sore tummy? From tuna?

Right now my tummy is really sore, kinda feels like I am going to be sick/have to go the washroom kinda thing. But it is not either of those. I feel all bloated and fat and like I am gonna burst! And it just hits all of a sudden.

This happened to me a couple days a few weeks back and it seems everytime it happened I had Tuna on my Salad for lunch. The last time it happened it was so awful I just wanted to curl up and cry. I even called my boyfriend and had him checked all the dates on the tuna (it doent have one) and the dressing and all that. Eventually it went away. This time isn't nearly as bad but it is still bothering me and I had to undo my pants. It also seems when it happens I am wearing the same pants at first I thought I was just too fat for the pants but I was noticing today how nice and lose they are getting and it didnt happen last week. It just seems to be these pants and tuna... I dunno, I am so confused. But it seems to be the tuna or maybe it is the lettuce? Could I be allergic to something?

Any ideas?
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Maybe you are highly sensitive (or allergic) to mercury. Does this happen when you eat other fish? I can't remember off the top of my head other fish (except shark) that have fairly high mercury contents, but maybe try one of them and see if the same thing happens.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:25 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

I don't eat a lot of fish, and it only JUST started happening. I was eating way more tuna before and it never bothered me. But I will start buying other fish and see what happens.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:29 PM   #4  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

Does the tuna your buying have a high salt content? Could it be salt making you bloated?
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:33 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySmyle
Does the tuna your buying have a high salt content? Could it be salt making you bloated?
According to what I found online it has about 170mg for 1 tin and I eat half of it. I wouldn't think that 85mg would be a lot. That is what it feels like today that I am really bloated. The last time this happened I thought it was food poisning.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #6  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

I'm guessing you probably have developed a sensitivity to tuna. How has the rest of your eating been during this time? I know for me caffine does this.
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Nothing else seems to be bother me... I had the same lunch today that I had last week (well today I have some green and red pepers with it) but other then that it was completely the same, and it didnt bug me last week but it did the week before. But I think you are right, maybe with how much I have changed my eating something has changed and I am getting more sensitive too it. Maybe I just need to test it out, dont eat it for a couple weeks, see if I get this feeling by eating something else, and then eat it again a couple times and see what happens. Maybe I am just eating too much. I don't eat a lot but mayb more then my body likes.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

I can not eat regular tuna because it makes me so sick to my stomach , everything you just said , that bloated feel, nausea for me , and just all around eww feeling from it .... BUT I did try the Albacore tuna which is a nicer and tastier tuna and it doesn't upset my stomach at all. just thought I would share that .
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #9  
Starting Fresh

hmmm has it always done that? or is it something new? does it actually make you throw up or just feel sick?

maybe I will have to try the albacore tuna!
Old 05-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #10  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Albacore tuna is the best!! I like it so much more that the other...
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 AM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You could be developing a sensitivity to it. I had always loved crab legs and shrimp. All of a sudden, I'm severely allergic to it. Last time I had it, I got so sick that I ended in the hospital. No more shellfish for me, ever. I know that tuna isn't shellfish, but it is still possible to develop an allergy to it. Good luck.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #12  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm with lillybelle. I was a shrimp addict and then one night I ate a bunch of shrimp and within 3 hours, my stomach was hurting like I had labor pains and I couldn't poop (sorry to be graphic) or throw up - it was just super uncomfortable. I chalked it up to an allergy of some protein in shrimp so I stay away from shrimp now. Dunno if you can stop eating it for X amount of time and "erase" the sensitivity. I'm waiting for a year's break and I'm going to try shrimp again.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 12:40 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi
I'm with lillybelle. I was a shrimp addict and then one night I ate a bunch of shrimp and within 3 hours, my stomach was hurting like I had labor pains and I couldn't poop (sorry to be graphic) or throw up - it was just super uncomfortable. I chalked it up to an allergy of some protein in shrimp so I stay away from shrimp now. Dunno if you can stop eating it for X amount of time and "erase" the sensitivity. I'm waiting for a year's break and I'm going to try shrimp again.
ohhh nooo I hope that doesn't happen to me!! But thats like what it felt like when I ate tuna, but tuna I can deal with but I HAVE TO HAVE MY SHRIMP!!! mmmmmmmmm
Old 05-24-2006, 10:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

I actually didn't get that sick feeling until I was an adult. go figure I ate it all the time I was a kid and mom said that it never made me sick , but i would say since I was an adult (whenever that is LOL) , so I do albacore tuna only.
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #15  
Finding Me

Wow I am glad i read this, I have been eating tuna pretty much every day (m-f) for lunch) and Ive been noticing that Ive been having a lot of gas esp when i got to work out i get like gas pains in my stomach but yet i can't go poop (ditto on the sorry about being graphic) and I was wondering what it was....I think i might switch to something else instead of tuna for lunch and see if this clears up the problem
Lost_here84 is offline   Reply With Quote