100 lb. Club - Turning 30

View Full Version : Turning 30

Goddess Jessica
05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi all!

I'm going to be on the beaches of Maui for my 30th birthday so I won't be around to see your lovely messages. I promise I'll post pictures when I return.

AB (the cute boyfriend) was wise and decided that taking me to Hawai'i was a great alternative to my moping about getting older. I've got three finals and a paper due today (I leave tomorrow) so I have been trying NOT to think about it. All day I've been concentrating on getting work done but I did let one thought sneak into my school work, "Holy crap, I haven't shaved my bikini line yet!" :o

I'll be there for a week and then I go back to Cincinnati for a week for my friend's wedding so I will see you in mid-June!

Any advice to a girl who's not quite ready to be thirty?

All my love,
Jess

Scrappy Chick
05-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Let me know if you figure something out! I am turning 30 in a few weeks and am starting to have daily panic attacks.

Have a great time in Maui!
Sara

jmacway
05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Goddess Jessica, Have a wonderful bithday/wedding trip.

midwife
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
I am soooo loving my 30s!! Best decade of my life---easily! Celebrate this fabulous time!

Jordan1975
05-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I turned 30 last year, and I must say, it was rather anti-climactic. :) It sounds like you're celebrating in style. Happy Early Birthday!

KimL
05-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Happy Birthday! :D Don't worry about thirty... I am going to be 33 this July and I feel GREAT! Have fun on vacation!!!

Heather
05-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Embrace your 30s. Think of how fabulous you are and how fabulous you'll continue to be! I loved my 30s, and just turned 40 this year. I'm hoping to love them too -- and perhaps enter my 50s fitter and healthier than I entered my 40s!

Have a blast!

Goddess Jessica
05-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Goddess Jessica, Have a wonderful bithday/wedding trip.

Ack! Are you suddenly my mother?!?! :) Definitely not a wedding trip.

famograham
05-23-2006, 03:52 AM
No, silly ;)
She meant your friend's wedding!! :lol:

Not marriage shy are you? :rofl:

:hug:
Linda

Angel33
05-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Have a fantastic time in Hawaii.
And don't sweat the whole 30 thing. I'm 33 and so far my thirties have been great. Enjoy every moment.
Can't wait to see pictures when you get back.

ChocLabLover
05-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Have a wonderful time! I am in the middle of 30's and so far so good.

Sandi
05-23-2006, 09:58 AM
When is your birthday exactly? I'd like to add it to the birthday thread. Honestly that's the only place I look for birthdays. :)

That's kinda funny that you mis-took what jmacway said. When exactly is cute boyfriend going to become cute fiance? Maybe while you in Hawaii?? ;)

Have fun and don't worry about turning 30 - It's no big deal. You are only as old as you feel. (Now remind me of that next year when I turn 40!!)

andoreth
05-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Just wanted to add a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!, and a wish for a great trip.:D

I'm going to have to declare my membership in the "pro 30" club. I'm loving my 30's! Best decade ever invented.:)

DNR
05-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Here's my advice about turning 30 - be glad you aren't 50 like me!!! :D :D

Each decade of my life gets better so think about that and by the time you are 50, you'll be the best you've ever been. I know I am.

DNR

glynne
05-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Have a great trip to Maui!! Ah, to be 30 again (looking back from 50) you are young yet.

nelie
05-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Happy Birthday Jessica!!! My 31st birthday is in 2 days :) I have to say, I loved 30 :) I hope 31 is as good as 30 was to me :)

Maui is fun, be sure to get some snorkeling in. Maui has some really good snorkeling tours.

barbygirl43
05-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Happy Birthday and enjoy your trip(s)!!!

SnowboundChick
05-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Happy Birthday Jess! I hope you have a great trip, lucky girl. And fun at your friend's wedding.

Don't sweat the turning 30 thing. It's just a number. I turned 31 recently and honesty, I agree with the above it's very anticlimactic! I've always heard too that the 30's are the best and just think you'll being coming into your sexual prime!!!!! That's a plus right?

dragonwoman64
05-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Aloha, Jessica, and Hau'oli la hanau (happy birthday) (you can find anything on the www). Have a great time in Hawaii and Cincinnati.

I'm 29 from here on in, heh heh.

activeadventurer
05-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I can't even remember my 30's :dizzy: Seriously! But I can tell you so far my 50's have been great. :D Have a great trip, Jessica. Looking forward to the pictures.

YP1
05-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Have a good trip! It's my birthday next week too, but I'm only turning 28 so I get to avoid the 30 stress for another 2 years. Your 30s will be as good as you make them :D

Sheila53
05-23-2006, 03:59 PM
GJ, have a wonderful time in Hawaii!! What a great way to celebrate your birthday. I recall my 30s as being pretty darn good actually, but that's recalling them from quite a distance. :o

Actually, you can start doing what I do. This year I celebrated the 24th anniversary of my 29th birthday.

kykaree
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM
I fled to England there weeks before I turned 30!!! I was traumatised by the whole thing, and hated being thirty.

However, four years on, my thirties are fantastic, I am getting my life sorted, meeting new people, getting loads more confidence, not to mention losing weight!!!

If I thought turning thirty would have been so fab, I would have skipped my twenties entirely :dizzy:

So enjoy it!!!! Be thirty and love it!!!!

coley144
05-24-2006, 05:07 AM
Your 30's are great! I've really enjoyed them. I'm turning 36 next tuesday so I'll raise a drink to you!

Jen415
05-24-2006, 09:21 AM
My 30's were a painful time for me in alot of ways, but every event, whether negative or positive, made me who I am today. If I only knew then what I know now.....

It looks like my 40's are shaping up to be something much better than my 30's. Maybe life DOES begin at 40! :)

Anyway, Happy Birthday, Jess! Enjoy your trip!

SuchAPrettyFace
05-24-2006, 03:21 PM
30 was hard for me, for a variety of reasons. Somehow, I think sitting on the beach with the Cute Boyfriend ("I'm Jessica's boyfriend...and I'm cuuuuuute!") with an umbrella drink in Hawai'i will make it sting a bit less. ;)

I think it's today, so :cheers: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GODDESS JESSICA!!!!! :cheers:

famograham
05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Happy Birthday Jessica.....WE LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!!!!

:hug:
Linda

soiley
05-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Have a wonderful birthday and trip. Looking back from 60 (ack), I'm not sure I remember my 30's.

nbr1friendsfan
05-25-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm turning 30 this year! I have spent all of my 20's fat and I hope to lose at least 50 pounds by my 30th birthday. Hmmm, I didn't think about moping around so that my man would take me somewhere so you just gave me a great idea heheheheh. Have fun in Hawaii!

lessofsarahtolove
05-26-2006, 12:36 AM
Jessica, happy birthday, beautiful girl. :goodvibes

As for advice -- well this is how I look at it (on the good days! :lol: ): I am so proud of, and grateful for, so many of the experiences I've had throughout my life. Those experiences, and all that I've seen and heard and felt and done and all the rest of it -- those experiences, all the crazy days and the amazing years and most of all the precious MOMENTS! -- well all of it has made me the loving, thinking and complex woman I am today. So why would I lament the accumulation of those days? Ok, so I've grown to seriously agree with those old farts who believe that youth is wasted on the young..... ;)......but damn, I wouldn't trade in my life. :no:

So I say you CELEBRATE your life every year on that day you first drew breath and opened up your lungs to scream! Celebrate yourself on that day and a bunch of other ones too -- 30 means you are now beginning to realize your power and your strength because you've had an opportunity to be well tested and surprised by your impressiveness, and you have enough perspective to recognize your value if you take the time to open your eyes and really look.

Jessica, you're an amazing, vibrant, wicked smart and drop-dead gorgeous woman.....and 30 is chump change for someone like you. You are magnificent.

You're freaking SHE-RA! :s:

Enjoy.

JML
05-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Have a great trip, Jessica!

In my mid-twenties, I had some anxiety too about the thirties. I was feeling like life was marching on and that I would be stuck in the same place with the same struggles. That anxiety did me some good though. It was an additional motivator to change the things I decided I did not want to live with -- like, being over 100 pounds overweight. I think perhaps that negative emotions like anxiety, fear, sorrow, grief, etc. can work to our good if we are aware of them, if we listen to what they are trying to tell us, and if we take action as a result, provided it's a prudent action of course.

The thirties are great! I'm having the best time! The thirties have brought me much more emotional stability than my twenties -- and don't even get me started about the teen decade. Ugh. I'm in much better physical shape than I was in my 20's or teens. I feel like I know who I am and I'm happy with who I am. So far, the thirties are the best. Nothing to fear!!!

Think of it this way ----- Your first act of the thirties was going to Hawaii! During the thirties is when you will reach your weight goals. Just at Hawaii alone, it's a great decade so far, right? Add weight loss success to that! How about other goals you might like to accomplish? It could be a fantastic decade!!!!

Keep positive and happy 30's,

Jeanne

ScarlettDrawl
05-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Happy Birthday Jessica, hope you have a great trip! As someone who's turning 22 in July, I look forward to what the coming years have in store for me. I'm sure you're 30's will be fabulous!